(Topic ID: 46059)

EM Tech: Should startup sequence reset bonus?

By BigDaddyBanjo

11 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pafasa
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hi all you EM fixers. I finally brought my first EM project back from the dead. It is a 1970 Wiilliams "Jive Time". It all works, but I am not sure about one thing. When I restart a new game the bonus from the last game is still on the table for the new player to collect. Is this correct?

#2 11 years ago

No, the bonus should also reset to the minimum value during the startup sequence. Look at the bonus stepper and I am sure you will find that it is gummed up. Take pictures and make notes about where everything goes, count the number of rotations on the clock spring etc as you take it apart. Make sure you don't have any mushroomed coil plungers and put in new coil sleeves.

#3 11 years ago

I had a Suspense, and there was a jones plug to choose to do this, or not.
it was inside the coin door, near the pricing plugs,etc..

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from Xenon75:

No, the bonus should also reset to the minimum value during the startup sequence. Look at the bonus stepper and I am sure you will find that it is gummed up. Take pictures and make notes about where everything goes, count the number of rotations on the clock spring etc as you take it apart. Make sure you don't have any mushroomed coil plungers and put in new coil sleeves.

Good advice and probably needs to be done.

Quoted from DNO:

I had a Suspense, and there was a jones plug to choose to do this, or not.
it was inside the coin door, near the pricing plugs,etc..

Definitely check for this first.

#5 11 years ago

Yep Suspense has a plug to either keep it from game to game or let it go.

Thanks again DNO.

#6 11 years ago

I do not see an adjustment for Bonus keeping.

Therefor i assume it should count down at startup

http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/1298/Jive_Time_Manual.PDF

--Jeff

#7 11 years ago

Clean the bonus stepper unit and/or find the circuit that pulses the bonus reset coil and see if it is firing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-should-startup-sequence-reset-bonus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.