You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B7E45DC5-42BD-4601-88A2-50A3F6822091 (resized).jpeg
Gottleib Free Play (resized).png
2001 (resized).JPG
coin switch (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 1 year ago

The credit reel has two coils. One steps up, the other down. You can manually advance the reel either way by pressing the coil's plunger.

You can keep going in each direction until the reel is stopped by a pin sticking out. So now it doesn’t go any more in that direction.

Put some credits on the game by pressing in the plunger that steps the reel up.

Look at what the switches are doing as you step the other plunger down. When it gets to zero, a closed switch opens. That's the one you want. Adjust that switch so it stays closed.

That should do it.

I have a drop a card and can take pictures later in the weekend, if you need.

-Undrdog

#5 1 year ago

And if you want to test it before adjusting the switch, jumper the lugs on the switch so the switch is closed thru the jumper. You should be able to start a game when the reel is at zero.

Get a cheap set of jumpers at Harbor Freight. They will come in handy.

https://www.harborfreight.com/36-inch-low-voltage-test-leads-66712.html

#7 1 year ago

It’s this one. (The middle switch.)

B7E45DC5-42BD-4601-88A2-50A3F6822091 (resized).jpegB7E45DC5-42BD-4601-88A2-50A3F6822091 (resized).jpeg
#10 1 year ago

I use Naptha. A friend swears by alcohol,91% or better, but it didn’t work well for me.

Naptha and then wax with pure carnuba. This is what I use:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002U2V1O

#11 1 year ago

I haven’t cleaned my Drop a card yet. Still working on some reset issues. But that is what I use on all my EMs.

#13 1 year ago

Take before & after pictures. As you clean it might not seem like you are making any progress, but you'll see that you are.

1 week later
#14 1 year ago

Speaking of waxing… do you have a heat gun? Only $17 at harbor freight. Go lightly at the spots where the wax dries white on the ball rails etc and it’ll melt right off. Guess you could use a hair drier. Heat gun also comes in handy for working on inserts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider undrdog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-help-needed-gottleib-drop-a-card-replay-button-behavior?tu=undrdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.