• 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Rat_Tomago
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo 3.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Recently finished cleaning up and putting this game back together and have a couple minor but annoying problems I can't seem to nail down.

I went through all the steppers and score reels and literally every switch and everything works smooth and strong.

My problems seem to be intermittent which leads me to believe I still have a mis-adjusted switch somewhere.

1st problem- After a ball drains the bonus is collected and sometimes I get more bonus than I've earned. Sometimes just 1000 points, sometimes several thousand. This doesn't happen all the time just occasionally.

2nd problem- Another intermittent problem. Once in a while after the 5th ball drains and the game is over, another ball is kicked into the shooter lane. You can shoot it but it doesn't play. Just drains.

Last problem- Maybe not a problem. Power on the machine, start a game and the play field lights come on. When the last ball drains should the play field lights turn off? They don't.

Thanks in advance for any help.

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG
#4 10 years ago

It's a 4 player Jungle. Last problem sounds like no problem. Suspicion confirmed

Quoted from Darcy:

Have you looked on the internet for "Gottlieb EM Pinball Repair", Clays Guides will save you time. There is tons of info on his site and well worth the read. Good Luck.

I read almost everything I can about pinball and am plowing through the "ninja files". The online information has helped me incredibly. Without it I don't think I could survive in this hobby.

Quoted from CactusJack:

First off, Bueautiful Jungle/Wild life playfield.

Thanks CJ, spent a lot of time with touch up and clear coat.

Quoted from CactusJack:

This is a slow bonus counting game. So, one decrement per score motor cycle (3 cycles per rotation). You didn't say if it is during balls 1 through 4 and only on ball 5 (Double Bonus) or if it is during any and all balls.

When this happens I think it's mostly with balls 1-4. Don't remember it happening on the 5th ball dbl bonus

Quoted from CactusJack:

If all balls, you should be able to watch the bonus lights counting down with the score. You need to tell us if it is getting "stalled" at a particular point (like on 3,000) or any place during the count down. Your problem could be the mechanical step down of the unit, or electrical

Not getting stalled. Counts down to 1000, the light goes out and it keeps adding 1000 points till it "feels" like stopping. Can be anywhere between 1 and 5 K. And then serves the next ball.

Quoted from Darcy:

For the 2nd problem the ball count unit is either out of adjustment or a wire has fallen off.
For the 1st problem might be similar to problem 2, clean and adjust the bonus unit.

I think you're right Darcy about the ball count unit and the bonus unit. My problems must be there, I just can't find them. Being intermittent sure doesn't help. If I need to I'll take them apart again, reassemble and watch the action of every switch until I find the culprit(s)

I suppose I was looking for a magic answer. I think only the ninja has that kind of luck.

Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Machine - For Sale
Santa Clarita, CA
$ 19.00
Electronics
PinballReplacementParts
Electronics
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mstire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-help-needed-for-72-gottlieb-4-player?tu=mstire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.