Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by PinFixin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

On the later gottliebs, the score motor is held in by hairpin clips, so you can tilt it up to be able to better access some of the switches around it. On my Flipper Clown, I need to clean/adjust/possibly replace the innermost switch on stack 1a, and this score motor looks like it's glued or screwed down to the bottom board, but underneath the bottom board, there are no bolts or screws.

I see 3 screws but only have easy access to one of them. What is the easiest way to remove an older Gottlieb Score motor, or to at least tilt it up so I can see how to change out this switch?

-Pat

#3 7 years ago

it is screwed to the motor board. you need to remove the motor board a the flip it to get to the screws. a pain i know but, once out it is easy to clean and adjust everything without hanging in the machine

#4 7 years ago

I have the bottom board (I'm assuming when you say the motor board, we're talking about the same thing, the piece of plywood with all the relays, score motor etc attached to it) propped up right now so I can access that switch a bit easier. When feeling underneath the board where the score motor is, I do not feel any screws/bolts anything underneath there. It is just smooth wood.

The 3 screws I'm referring to are underneath the top disc on the motor itself. Only 1 I can reach with a screwdriver, the other 2 are closer to the center of the bracket underneath the motor top disc, but not accessible. I can attach a picture later, and I'll try to get to the bottom of the bottom board also and take a pic of that.

-Pat

#5 7 years ago

The score motor is attached to the relay board by flat head screws from underneath the board.

#6 7 years ago

Well, I appreciate you guys not calling me a bonehead, but you are both right. There are 2 screws underneath the bottom board. When I was feeling around, I didn't even feel them under there. I must be losing my sense of touch.

-Pat

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-help-gaining-access-to-score-motor-gottlieb-flipper-clown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.