Hokus_Pokus.jpg
zero_pos.JPG
zero_pos.JPG
Scr_Motor_Switching.jpg
coin_mech.JPG
credit_mech.jpg
GameOver_RE.jpg
LockRelay.jpg
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 11 years ago

Do you mean this one? thats what i could see in the difference on pinrepair.

Also on another note, i noticed when i try and start a game, only the 2nd player 10,000 moves through the numbers 0 - 9 and back to 0. None of the other ones go through a cycle on 2nd player, and non go through on the 1st player at all. Is this information useful at all?

zero_pos.JPGzero_pos.JPG

#52 11 years ago

uh ohhh we made it to two pages.

#53 11 years ago

Lol. Not that peg. See the hook on the arm directly behind it?

It will cause the arm to engage the gear

#54 11 years ago

ha ahh yes, it is working much better now....when i manually energize the coil it counts all the way down to six, may need cleaned, or new spring? I had trouble finding a spring online as well, i did learn alot today.

Quoted from mojozone:

Also on another note, i noticed when i try and start a game, only the 2nd player 10,000 moves through the numbers 0 - 9 and back to 0. None of the other ones go through a cycle on 2nd player, and non go through on the 1st player at all. Is this information useful at all?

What do you guys think is causing this?

#55 11 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

Do you mean this one? thats what i could see in the difference on pinrepair.

One thing you need to do is sort out one problem at a time.
I would not be too concerned with the credit unit till the game is up and running.

But as we are working on the credit unit. Hokus_Pokus.jpgHokus_Pokus.jpg

#56 11 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

I would not be too concerned with the credit unit till the game is up and running.

I agree Now do i need to figure out how to add a credit. The reason i got on the credit reel tangent was trying to figure out how to set everything to zero. Okay, so let me review, now i should see what happens when i have everything set to zero like this? and get back on track.

Quoted from way2wyrd:

For the game to kick out the ball all the score reels must be on 0 , advance unit , ball count and player count needs to be on 0 position.

so in your backglass, when you press the start button do you see player 1, ball 1, on the playfield do you see all bonus lights not lit?

if you do not see these things lets look at the unit that controlls them and make sure they are reset to 0 position.

#57 11 years ago

Also on another note, i noticed when i try and start a game, only the 2nd player 10,000 moves through the numbers 0 - 9 and back to 0. None of the other ones go through a cycle on 2nd player, and non go through on the 1st player at all

Since the "Player 2" 10,000 reel is working then it is most like the drum zero switches on the reels themselves. These switches should be closed when the score drum is not at zero. Or the switches on the score reset relay, look and check that they are closes when the score reset RE is energized.

Clean and gap all switches.

Below is an example of the switches each reel has its own zero switch and each reel has a switch located on the score reset RE. also make sure the units work mechanically like you did for the dredit Stepper.

Score steppers only step in one direction. To reset they keep stepping until the zero SW. is opened.

Hokus_Pokus.jpgHokus_Pokus.jpg

#58 11 years ago
Quoted from mojozone:

Now do i need to figure out how to add a credit.

YES, step till you see 10 credits on the back glass.

#59 11 years ago

I think we are losing the plot a bit. Can we start again. The VERY first thing we need to do is turn the machine off then back on. Is the GAME OVER lamp Lit? This is important, as this is like MACHINE ZERO.

If the GAME OVER lamp is NOT lit. Manually press the Game Over Trip RE., now is the Game Over lamp lit?

#60 11 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

If the GAME OVER lamp is NOT lit. Manually press the Game Over Trip RE., now is the Game Over lamp lit?

Yes, I can manually press the Game Over Trip RE. and the "Game Over lamp is lit"

#61 11 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

I think we are losing the plot a bit. Can we start again

sorry.

#62 11 years ago

oooh i missed that.

Edit

Does the game over Only work manually or when you turn the game off an on does it set?

#63 11 years ago

You had to do it manually, Yes?

#64 11 years ago

Hay Jeff, you have way more Gottlieb experience than me; have a look at this thread when you get time. Think it will be an easy fix for you.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/i-cant-find-my-problem

#65 11 years ago

Bedtime for me, see ya in the morn. (10:15pm for me)

#66 11 years ago

I am at work, and away from my machine, but when i get off i will look and give you the full details of what it is doing. thanks guys.

#67 11 years ago

Here is what we have so far.
. I turn on the machine. The BG and GI lights are on.

. The BG says player 1 and ball 1.

. I can manually hit the coil on the game over relay, and now that BG says 'game over'

. I hit the credit button on the door and it cycles through the score reel, However, it only cycles through the 10,000 reel on player two. None of the other ones move. Acts like it is ready for a game, but it dosn't kick out a ball, and no switches on the playfield work.

. Credit wheel is sluggish, but it does move.

I believe that is it so far.

#68 11 years ago

heres the trip coil circuit. I would look at my lock relay and make sure the switch with the Green Red (41) wire was clean.

The lock relay comes on when you turn on the game. We know it is energizing as the GI comes on
which is also controlled by the lock relay

GameOverMan.JPGGameOverMan.JPG

#69 11 years ago

If the Lock RE switch is all good as Jeff posted. Note this switch should be closed with the power is off.

Then there are two other switches to check.

One is on the Game Over RE. Red/Wh wire and Yellow/Black wire and the other is on the Reset Re. Yellow/Black and Red/wh wires. With the power off and the game over RE tripped, both these switches should be closed.

Once you have got this working the game over relay should work as expected. When you turn on the power the machine goes to Game Over.

Problem one solved.

Then we can start with the next problem. GOTrip_RE.jpgGOTrip_RE.jpg

#70 11 years ago

Thanks guys, i will look into this. I am going to order a flexstone file today, i don't think the one that i have is doing the correct job. It might be the weekend before i get some time to work on it. I will update you when i do. Don't forget about me.

#71 11 years ago

Here is the Game Over relay. Does anything look suspicious to you guys? this is with it saying "Game Over" on the backglass. I was also wondering if these two blue wires are suppose to be touching like they are?

GORy.jpgGORy.jpg

#72 11 years ago

Here is the same relay energized. I see the switch on the far right, all three aren't touching anything?

Triped.jpgTriped.jpg

#73 11 years ago

ok on the 2 switches on the far right, that is a make break switch meaning
when one is open the other is closed

looks like the make break switch needs some adjusting.

so from far right to left when energized it should be

open
closed

open

open

closed

closed

#74 11 years ago

Okay, i adjusted that relay, and still not getting anywhere over here. Do you guys have any other ideas? It seems like every relay is working, like if everyone is manual working, just not together to start a game?
~Nick

#75 11 years ago

One thing i think i need to look at is when i manual energize the "outhole" relay, i do not believe that the coil is working, i pulled it out and manual hit the switch and put some metal infront of it to see if it would magnatize, and it dosn't. Can someone explain to me on how to check and see if this coil is working. I only have a poor man's volt meter, and i took a picture of it, wondering if anybody knew what i needed to have it on for settings? thanks.

DSC03274.JPGDSC03274.JPG DSC03275.JPGDSC03275.JPG

#76 11 years ago

Set the meter to 200 ohms, in the photo it is on 200000 ohms. With the machine off, measure the resistance of the coil by putting a test wire on each of the lugs of the coil, should read 49 ohms or there about, this info is on the schematic, lesson 3.

Help.jpgHelp.jpg

#77 11 years ago

One other thing when you put your DMM on Ohms ”Test the Tester”. Touch the test leads the meter should the display 0. The biggest problem with cheap meters is the leads.

#78 11 years ago

If your not sure about a relay coil you can try the 9 volt battery trick?
with game off hold the 9 volt battery against the two lugs of the coil in question
if the coil holds you can bet that it's still good.
even if you have many contacts and need to help the coil close with a finger it should still hold with the battery - hope this helps some mojozone

#79 11 years ago

One more thing Nick, I’m having a safety drive on my posts just now.
I encourage you to read this thread and cover up as it suggests. We don’t want an electrifying experience here!!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mains-power-exposed-parts

Not a bad idea to check that your house has a RCD on the power circuits and test that it works.

#80 11 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

I encourage you to read this thread and cover up as it suggests.

Thank you i will give it a look.

6 years later
#81 4 years ago

Do you have a picture of your ball count step up in the back of the box I'm having the same problem

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-help-76-bally-hokus-pokus/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.