Topic Stats

• 3 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by spclwhenlit
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_3831[1] (resized).JPG
GP (resized).png
IMG_3830 (resized).JPG

#1 11 months ago

Honestly, I think I should be able to figure this out from the schematic, but I'm not sure. My Grand Prix has an unattached wire that I'm sure goes to one of the "D" drop target switches. If you make me guess, I'd say it should be soldered to the same switch tab as the thicker blue with red wire shown in the picture, based on the way the other drop targets are wired.

Can anybody confirm the correct switch tab for this wire? The unattached wire is on the left with the same blue with red color as the thicker wire that is attached to a switch tab.

For bonus points, can anybody explain how I should have been able to determine this from the schematic?

Thanks!!

IMG_3830 (resized).JPG
#2 11 months ago

It's going to be wired just like all the other drop targets. Blue/red wire goes to the same lug on each N.C. switch on each A-B-C-D drop. Then a yellow jumper wire to the N.O. switch on the same drop. Then all the same switch N.O. switches get wired with the brown/yellow wire.

I have added a schematic diagram from the game with the color coded wires shown on the lines. Work backwards. When you see the brown/yellow wire, follow that wire to one side of a switch. The other side has a yellow jumper that goes to the first switch. There should be another lug on that switch and that's where the blue/red wire goes. Since all the A-B-C-D switches are daisy chained, some will have two wires and the last drop target they wire will only have one wire. Just solder it up like the other drops and you will be good.
GP (resized).png

#3 11 months ago

Thanks! I guessed right but not because I read the schematic properly. I should have noticed that of the 3 switches on the drop target, only one was NC and therefore "had" to be blue/red. Plus, the C relay was a little confusing because it only has one blue/red wire soldered to the NC switch instead of two (I guess because it's at the end of the daisy chain).

Besides, the old wiring is really dirty, and my schematic includes this note (see pic). I'll let you know if I can think of any other excuses. Thanks again!

IMG_3831[1] (resized).JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Sparta, MI
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 25.00
Displays
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 24.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 999.00
€ 8.50
Flipper Parts
Buthamburg
$ 210.00
Playfields
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 139.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 104.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 9.90
Playfields
The Super Fasteners
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9,500.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside