(Topic ID: 102537)

EM tech CC Hollywood 5000 pts not scoring Fixed!!

By psd4me

9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by psd4me
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4=Hollywood impulse cam.JPG
3=Hollywood ball return.JPG
2=Hollywood ball index relay.JPG
1=Hollywood ball index.JPG
help-571.jpg
#1 9 years ago

Hi Guys I need some em help I have a CC Hollywood I'm getting up and running. I've got it to the point of playing a game the problem I'm having is there is a drop target you knock down to get 5000 pts when lit on two different switches one in a kickout and one on a standup taget which are chained together when I hit those switches the score motor runs and the kickout works but I get no points any ideas? Also another problem I have is sometimes when a ball is over it seems like it resets twice and then will skip a ball i.e. lose first ball then it resets and shows second ball but will reset again and go to the third ball before kicking ball to the shooter. Thanks for any help with this.I do have a set of prints Mike

#2 9 years ago

Just had a bit of a look.
First, I think you need to knock down the “S” target, then land in the “S” hole to score the 5000 points and in that order.
I’m sure you know that to score 5000 pints, we pulse the 1000 points RE 5 times, scoring 1000 points each time.

(Part 1)
Looking at the schematic. The “S” hole RE will energise when you close the SW in “S” Hole. (Blue Line) The “S” Hole RE can start the SCR Motor, when the SCR Motor starts SW A1 will open but the “S” hole RE will stay energised vis its own hold Sw (Green line) until the SCR Motor reaches the end of its rotation, when SW E1 opens on the SCR Motor.
It sounds like this bit is working from the OP.

When the “S” Hole RE is energised, if you had already knocked down the “S” target, you should score 5000 Points.

(Part 2)
When you knock down the “S” Target, the make/brake SW for this target will change state from how it is drawn on the schematic, making a path to the 1000 RE. When the ball lands in the “S” hole, the “S” Hole RE energises closing another SW in the same circuit and stating the SCR Motor, SW C6 Located on Cam 2 of the SCR motor will then pulse the 1000Point RE 5 time. (Red Line)

Looks like you only have four SWs to check, and/or maybe a jones plug.

help-571.jpghelp-571.jpg

#3 9 years ago
Quoted from psd4me:

lose first ball then it resets and shows second ball but will reset again and go to the third ball before kicking ball to the shooter.

Ok it takes multiple hits of the ball return kicker and the ball never makes it out of the hole re-landing in the outhole switch but eventually kicks out but not after counting up the ball count.
You either have a playfield switch adding points and allowing the index re. to lock in or a ball index relay contact is close and shutting thus allowing it to lock in to allow the ball count to step-up to complete circuit.
If you are getting points when this happens then you have a playfield switch thats the culprit if not then a ball index contact is close.
Clean your outhole switch and the ball return re. contacts to get good strong continuity for a strong kick to that kicker coil.
▬▬▬▬Related contacts [snips] to clean/adjust ▬▬▬▬

1=Hollywood ball index.JPG1=Hollywood ball index.JPG
2=Hollywood ball index relay.JPG2=Hollywood ball index relay.JPG
3=Hollywood ball return.JPG3=Hollywood ball return.JPG
4=Hollywood impulse cam.JPG4=Hollywood impulse cam.JPG

#4 9 years ago

Awesome info I will check both today and report back. This is the first EM I've brought back from the dead the previous two were both kinda working and alot less work.

#5 9 years ago

These guy's are both spot-on with their replies. Also clean the plunger and change the coil sleeve for the ball kicker. I wouldn't be surprised if you found an aluminum sleeve in that coil...not a good thing.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from WOLF:

Also clean the plunger and change the coil sleeve for the ball kicker.

That too. ↑
One other thing i might add is a slim chance of worn area on the wood at the playfield outhole that may be similar to a Gottlieb that can wear and not let the ball get a good strike and interfere with sending the ball on the first shot.
Easy fix if that happens.

#7 9 years ago

It works!!! The problem with the 5000 pts was the switch on the score motor had no pressure on it when closed adjusted that and it works I also didn't realize all of the middle holes are supposed to score 500. The second problem was not the kicker though I did take it apart and clean it and replaced the brass(or is it copper) sleeve with a plastic one still had the same problem went completely thru the score motor again and tweeked a couple of switches and cleaned them all again and did the same on the ball index and have now played a single player and two player game and it hasn't happened once(would do it at least once a player before) What I noticed when working this problem the second time around was the S&A targets would not reset when this happened they would try but not make it all the way. Now I get a good strong single reset everytime so far. I noticed this game has a mix of the alum and brass sleeves in it is this normal? Thanks for everything guys you made chasing this down alot easier . Mike

#8 9 years ago

On that age of game, those sleeves are normal. As you re-build the items - pops, slings, flippers, etc, just replace them with new nylon ones.
Congrats on the repair, glad you figured it out.

#9 9 years ago

Thanks feels good to have a 100% working em I brought back from the dead.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-cc-hollywood-5000-pts-not-scoring and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.