Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Pin-it
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I changed out two bad sockets. The special when lit one works now. The pop bumper light was being held by electrical tape. I fixed that. I still have a GI light out on the playfield and I guess I am going to have to check out my soldering job and re-do it. I also need to check the wire to where it originates. And now I have when ever I score anything the low note on the chime rings after. I am guessing I bumped something. Maybe one of the relays underneath the playfield? Any suggestions would be appreciated. I had to use a socket with two prongs to solder to instead of one. would that have something to do with it. Should I put one wire on one tab and one wire on the other tab?

#2 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I still have a GI light out on the playfield and I guess I am going to have to check out my soldering job and re-do it.

Use a meter and check voltage/ continuity at the bulb base? Also for backtracing the wires path. Could be a corroded/loose socket bad bulb ect...?

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I had to use a socket with two prongs to solder to instead of one.

As long as you have the proper orientation (hot for the bulb tit and return for the bulb base) then its perfectly fine.

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:Should I put one wire on one tab and one wire on the other tab?

Yes, pigtailing it is fine.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-card-whiz-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.