Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Garrett
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

BA-schematic.JPG

#1 7 years ago

Hi there,
I've been working on getting a Bow and Arrow back from the dead. It's now able to play through a game but I have a couple of problems that are giving me fits. Hopefully one of you can help me out.

The first is a big one as it interrupts the game when it happens. There is an on field bonus collect kickout hole that works perfectly until there is 6K+ of bonus, then if you hit it into the hole it doesn't kick back out.

The other next problem is a little harder to centralize. There are a couple targets that score 3000 points and bonus that don't score properly. If they are hit for long enough they will score properly but if they are just tapped they will advance the bonus but not score any points. I'm assuming that it should hold a relay in while the score motor gives its pulses but it doesn't hold the signal long enough to score.

The only other thing I need to figure out but haven't yet is the 10s chime activates but usually doesn't make it all the way to the chime, stopping just about half way.

If you have any advice or need a scan of the schematic I have it here in front of me. I can post any section you need.

Thanks in advance, you all are life savers.

#2 7 years ago

The bonus problem sounds strange. Is there any different path taken in the schematic when the bonus goes above 6K??

For the targets that score 3000, it sounds like dirty switches on the target and/or activated relay. Clean and adjust to make sure they're making good contact.

Finally, my guess on the 10s chime is that the coil stop on the bottom is beer seal that has gone bad and is stuck to the plunger so it can't make it through the coil sleeve. Remove and replace the seal, and completely disassemble and clean that coil plunger\coil and see if it takes care of the chime.

#3 7 years ago

It's been about a year since I worked on a Bow and Arrow, and my remembery ain't the greatest, so YMMV.

The biggest problem with the one I worked on was the grease in the steppers had gotten old, thick, and dirty, and was gumming up the works. The one that tracked player number was frozen solid. I suspect that may be what's wrong with your bonus counter. Disassemble, clean, relube, reassemble took care of a great many of my problems.

Good luck.

#4 7 years ago

Thanks for taking the time you two.

U2, there is a separate common wire for 6-10. I spent some time last night trying to find a short or broken wire and got nowhere yet.
I did notice that the switches on this machine are a lot more finicky than my GTB especially when it comes to looking closed and still being open. Fine tooth comb here I come.

browne, I went through that early on. Without that I'd still be dead in the water. Those things were s-t-u-c-k!

#5 7 years ago

Separate common wire for 6-10 sounds like the culprit. Trace through and find any switches in that line and make sure they're closing and making contact. If you want to post the section of the schematic with that line in it, that'd certainly help.

For some reason I originally thought this was a Gottlieb, so my comment about the 10's chime probably doesn't apply - whoops!

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

For some reason I originally thought this was a Gottlieb, so my comment about the 10's chime probably doesn't apply - whoops!

Yeah, but you were trying to help so I'll let it slide.

Here is the schematic, the section I was working in was on page 29.

#7 7 years ago

In section F-14 of the schematic is where I see the 6-10 bonus score circuit. Switches to check:

1. Bonus Hole Score relay (switch that is normally closed - ensure it's making contact)
2. 5000 Bonus Hole relay (switch normally open - ensure it's making contact at closure)
3. Score Motor switch 10B should be normally closed (this probably is ok, otherwise I think there would be other features not working).

BA-schematic.JPG

#8 7 years ago

Thanks, I'll double check those switches tonight. After I was looking for this problem I was trying to figure out why it suddenly wasn't free play anymore. I adjusted the correct switch (what I thought was) closed a few times. Then I tapped on it and still heard the click of the switch actually closing. Once I got it closed closed it worked fine. Lesson learned. I'll try jumping the switches first to see where the problem is.
Thanks for helping me hunt this down.

#9 7 years ago

Maybe its the hunter in me, but I read this title fast and thought what is he talking about?? How does scoring have anything to do with a Bowtech??

#10 7 years ago

Turns out it was the grey wire to the rivets had a cold solder joint.

#11 7 years ago

Good find.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 119.00
Playfield - Plastics
Starcade Amusement
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Texas Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Playfield - Protection
Beehive Pinball Co.
$ 5,999.99
$ 79.99
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 119.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 218.00
$ 18.95
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 229.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Judge Dredd plastic Out of stock
Pinball Haus
$ 7.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Z
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 28.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Republic Of Pinball
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside