Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by fireball2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Just picked up a pretty nice Williams Big Daddy, and I am putting it back together. When I push and hold the credit button, the machine will reset, kick out the balls and then shut off. If, while it is on and resetting, or if I hold the left flipper button down to keep it on ( The lock relay does not engage) and then hit any of the tilts, it scores 10 points with each touch of any tilt mech.

After reset, I have to hold the left flipper button down to keep power on, and the tilt light comes on.

It sure looks like there is some sort of short from the tilt circuit to the 10 point circuit... or something. I do have a schematic for it.

Any ideas?

#2 5 years ago

Concentrate on 1 problem at a time. Beyond that,
I'll need to see a high quality scan of the schematic from e.g. Staples ($2) or Kinkos ($6)

#3 5 years ago

1960's Williams did not always use the Left flipper button for the lock Re. I would be looking at the Game Over RE. Schematic would be good. I have others for the same time but not "Big Daddy".

#4 5 years ago

Let's see the schematic. Is your lock relay coil good?

#5 5 years ago

Update.
OK... I was away from the shop for awhile. When I went back and looked closer, the symptoms were: On powerup it would reset, kick out balls and go off. If I held the credit switch down to keep it on after that, it was scoring 1 point with each touch of a tilt switch. (Not 10p like I thought earlier.)

So, finally I found that on the 1p relay stack, the switch that went to the 1's score reel was bent CLOSED at all times. AND, the slam switch on the bottom of the cabinet for turning off the game was bent OPEN at all times. Adjusting both switches made both problems go away!

Fixed.

#6 5 years ago

Hooray! Big Daddy is on the prowl again!

Great work fireball2 !

#7 5 years ago

You are a Pinball Wizard, big Daddy.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Update.
OK... I was away from the shop for awhile. When I went back and looked closer, the symptoms were: On powerup it would reset, kick out balls and go off. If I held the credit switch down to keep it on after that, it was scoring 1 point with each touch of a tilt switch. (Not 10p like I thought earlier.)
So, finally I found that on the 1p relay stack, the switch that went to the 1's score reel was bent CLOSED at all times. AND, the slam switch on the bottom of the cabinet for turning off the game was bent OPEN at all times. Adjusting both switches made both problems go away!
Fixed.

So, adjusting switches did the trick? How about that!

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Yeah, yeah, I know....

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

More

Don't pick on him too much. His ego will be bruised and he'll never work on my Mad World!

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Yeah, yeah, I know....

That was not aimed at you...

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

That was not aimed at you...

Cool enough. No offense taken even if it were. I fully admit I have an ADHD approach when it comes to repairs.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-tech-big-daddy-slam-tilt-10p and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.