(Topic ID: 95036)

EM table 'Lunker' begins - what material for playfield?

By manitouguy

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

lunker7.jpg
    lunker6.jpg
    lunker5.jpg
    lunker4.jpg
    lunker3.jpg
    lunker-117.jpg
    lunker1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zizzlemeplease.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 9 years ago

JLPicard, no disagreement here about that! some back to the basics well done retro machines could very well do a lot of good overall. so many new machines are all about ramps, kickers, habitrails, multi-level playfields, modes, light shows, mini-games, mechanical toys, gugelheimers and freenieboppers all combining in efforts to create some kind of interactive movie experience? playing some cool older EM's, sometimes I'd think "wouldnt this be a hoot if it had a simple multi-ball and bonus routine stitched into it too?". nothing against multi-level pf's and subways either but I'd think more basic pf's with simpler gameplay and good flow could be made less expensive, to become very popular.

my own budget is pretty darn small so "TOY!" machines are much moreso within reach. a few weeks ago I'd picked up a Saitek "F1 Super Challenge", is a giant toy type machine with two spin-bumpers, mechanical flippers etc. its actually fun to play it, someone was really thinking when they created the big simple sob, it actually has some pretty good flow.. if the 3 cheepo spring bumpers were active pop bumpers.. hmmm.. same for what converting the passive spring slingshots could do for it. I can just as easily imagine what a TOMY "Astro Shooter" would be like scaled up and made more real, active slingshots, spacing things out a little to add in a couple banks of drop targets, extra ball, multi-ball, winning credits etc. could make something like that into something really good fun gameplay. the original already has 3 rollthru lanes, so-what-if to light them all up were to do something meaningful beyond just adding some points? my little pea-brain DOES think things like this and I wouldnt know where to begin to realize ideas like these either. Epic Pinball's "Cyborgirl" could be a pretty cool actual machine too, the design idea well over 20 years old now hasnt been REAL-ified.

back to topic.. Lunker is looking pretty good to me! inlane-outlane on the left and a wire gate back to the plunger on the right if its earned? (dont know but it looks like it to my bad old eyes lol)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zizzlemeplease.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-table-lunker-begins-what-material-for-playfield?tu=zizzlemeplease and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.