Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by the96stang
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 12 years ago

So when I start my star poolwhat what would be the order of switches under or behind the platforms that would start the game? I am also curious of the same thing on my bally champ. Champ is a bally and star pool is a Williams if that makes a difference

#2 12 years ago

Do you have the schematics? The start button starts up the score motor, which in turn activates the switches for the reset. Score wheels zero, drop targets reset, credit wheel lowers, lights reset, bonus reset, etc. It's all dependent on the mech's of the game itself on what should happen. The order of the process is dependent on the placement of the switchs on the motor.

Your Star Pool, being a 4 player game and having no "EM memory retention," would have the same sequencing happen upon draining the ball, tripping the switch for the end of ball, and resetting for the next ball.

If you don't have the paperwork, call Steve Young. Prop the PF up and activate the end of ball switch and manually manipulate the mechs of the game, you should be able to watch the SM and locate the different switches based upon the sparks and the activities on the PF to see the different sequencing. If you have the paperwork, it's all there...

#3 12 years ago

Look '96stang if your going to get into the older pins you have to read up on them first,
I would suggest the PINBALL MACHINE MAINTENANCE BOOK by HENK DE JAGER
it will go over EMs from Bally, Wms, & GTB and give you a good idea whats going on when you press start.
Then you can figure the differences of the 3 and how they went about starting and finishing a game.

#4 12 years ago

What would cause drop targets to pop up even after they are already up?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.98
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-switch-order and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.