(Topic ID: 89799)

EM suggestions: Best cowboy/western games for an em noob.

By Hougie

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My parents have a few horses and kind of a western theme going on at their place. I am thinking about hunting for something for me and my dad to tinker with. I have zero experience with EMs but am interested in getting my feet wet. I would like to find something in the $500 or less price range. I/we like drop targets. Thoughts or suggestions?

#2 9 years ago

El Dorado or Quick Draw come to mind

#3 9 years ago

Could I ever find one of those in my price range though?

#4 9 years ago

Quick and Fast draws are all over the place. Last one I got it was $200, granted it needed alot of TLC and a new glass but atleast it was something to start with. I've got around $2000 into my keeper one, which I only paid $500 for. Its just how far you want to take something. Keep looking.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#5 9 years ago

Good to know. I have just started to look, but I'm in no hurry. I have only bought fixers until my pin. Quick/fast draw does look like a good pin.

#6 9 years ago

I have a Bronco for 395 in VA.

#7 9 years ago

Besides what is mentioned above a few other good choices would be Lawman/Sheriff, Big Indian/Big Brave, and Dodge City. Flipper Cowboy is pricey and Wild Wild West, Bonanza & Coral are ok players. There's 50's western themed games like Silver, Straight Shooter, etc., that are hard to find and play slower than the 60's and 70's games.

#8 9 years ago

What are your thoughts on Flip Flop? Is it much of a player long term?

#9 9 years ago

If you're okay with a Horse Racing theme vs Western, the 1969 Williams Post Time (aka Paddock) is a fun game that I picked up for my father-in-law (racing fan) that he really enjoys. Fun game, plays fast, ok looking. Standup targets, but no drops: http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=post+time&sortby=name&searchtype=quick#1853

#10 9 years ago

A couple of pre-flipper pins are Keeny COWBOY and
Gtb BORDER TOWN. Both have great artwork and if you
can find them might be had for $500. Have both but not for sale.
Steve

#11 9 years ago

I know where I can find some 50s woodrails like Straight Shooter and Silver. How are those as players?

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I know where I can find some 50s woodrails like Straight Shooter and Silver. How are those as players?

Those are both good titles, although I'd give the edge to Straight Shooter over Silver.

Um, what other woodrails can you find though?

#13 9 years ago
Quoted from Rando:

If you're okay with a Horse Racing theme vs Western, the 1969 Williams Post Time (aka Paddock) is a fun game that I picked up for my father-in-law (racing fan) that he really enjoys. Fun game, plays fast, ok looking. Standup targets, but no drops: http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=post+time&sortby=name&searchtype=quick#1853

If horse racing will work look at Hot Tip. I own this machine and it is fantastic! It's Williams first ever solid state. It's still has chimes for sound.

#14 9 years ago

El Dorado
Sheriff
Fast Draw
Bronco

1 week later
#15 9 years ago

I may have the opportunity to buy one or two out of several games soon. How would you guys stack up El Dorado, Quick Draw, Lawman, Atlantis, Sky Jump, and Big Brave? If you were to rate them top to bottom.

#16 9 years ago

If you're after just a general ranking of those titles (and not 'buying advice'), I'd suggest asking over in the EM Hangout subforum. Lots more EM folks will see it then.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-suggestions-best-cowboywestern-games-for-an-em-noob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.