Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image-734.jpg
image-227.jpg
image-972.jpg
image-797.jpg
image.jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hi EM fans, I was wondering what you guys thought of these two EMs and if anyone had a preference one way or the other.
I have a Super Straight and had an offer to trade straight up for a Jumping Jack.
Good deal or bad deal?
Thanks in advance for your advice in an area I don't have much experience.

image.jpg image-797.jpg
#2 6 years ago

image-972.jpg image-227.jpg
#3 6 years ago

image-734.jpg
#4 6 years ago

Anybody?
Even a vote would be nice
Lol

#5 6 years ago

Don;t know much aboot Straight but Jumping Jack is a great game; I like the layout a lot.

Sorry I can't help with any pricing info...so don;t know if it's a "fair deal" or not.

#6 6 years ago

I cast my completely biased and partially informed vote for Jumping Jack. I love the game, but I also love drop target games (Target Alpha, Jacks Open, Countdown, etc)

I have never played Super Straight.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

I love the game, but I also love drop target games

That's one of the big things I was thinking aboot...moving from targets to drops is cool.

#8 6 years ago

First pinball I ever owned was Jack in the Box (4P version of Jumping Jacks) back in 1983. I now have a Jumping Jacks and it never gets old. Objective is simple: knock all the targets down and maximize bonus. Drop targets rest after completion during ball in play unlike a lot of other Gottlieb multiplayer games. Well tuned up pop bumpers adjusted to a hair trigger make the outlanes not so forbidding.

JJ has the better backglass art but I will give the nod to SS for pf art.

Do the trade and get Jumping Jack.

#9 6 years ago

Jumping Jack (Jack in the Box) is a fantastic game with a simple but awesome layout. The placement of the pop bumpers on this game is simply genius. Nothing better for multiplayer games too.

#10 6 years ago

My only minor complaint about JJ is that the top rollovers are wasted. Would have been nice if there was a shot back to the top arch.

#11 6 years ago

jumping jack is very rape-able. if you can time it right, knocking the cabinet right when the ball is to eject from the top hole can force it back to the hole. do this over and over. for this reason we can't use it in any leagues or tourneys unless we put the tilt on stupid tight.

super straight is a really fun game. it's not a gottlieb however. sonics are known for much value, but i like super straight a lot.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

jumping jack is very rape-able.

Yeah but for home use it should be fine.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

jumping jack is very rape-able. if you can time it right, knocking the cabinet right when the ball is to eject from the top hole can force it back to the hole. do this over and over. for this reason we can't use it in any leagues or tourneys unless we put the tilt on stupid tight.
super straight is a really fun game. it's not a gottlieb however. sonics are known for much value, but i like super straight a lot.

I have to disagree. Mine used to have kick out problems on one side and it tweaked it to where it is not possible to do that. I have used it in three tournaments including one recently that had the Sharpe brothers, and a few other top ten players. No one raped the game - believe me. Tilt not set tight either.

#14 6 years ago

Thanks for the advice so far pinsiders!

#15 6 years ago

a lot of guys don't know about the JJ rape feature. the sharpes probably never played any em before your game! also yes it is game dependent, but i've seen accomplished EM players do it on different JJ games.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside