20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10671 6 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I always hear the Steve \ Soup Nazi comparisons.
I don't understand. Every time I've dealt with him, he was always really cool.
E

It comes from the fact that some people expect to be treated like royalty because they're a CUSTOMER...as if every business is in a highly competitive arena like restaurants or retail. For most of us that understand how valuable a resource PBR and Steve Young are, we don't mind, and actually appreciate, that he talks to you honestly and doesn't kiss your ass every ten seconds...YMMV

Sean

#10688 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Sounds plausible. Thanks for posting this.

I agree! I hadn't considered that...makes sense to me too.

Now what do you guys think about all the Williams games around the same time frame that were also named for locations...or so I previously thought: Tennesee, Virginia, Saratoga, El Paso, Phoenix, Tucson, Dallas, St. Louis, Maryland, Boston, and Georgia. I don't know my naval history as well as some do...but I know some of those were also ship names.

It's also interesting and sneaky that they would not give them naval themes, instead focusing on the geographical themes...

Sean

2 weeks later
#10764 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Holy cow! That's a beauty. Didn't you have another one?
Edit: Yes, I see you have them next to each other on the woodrails thread.
I didn't realize it's another one of the pinball/bingo hybrid series that Williams ran.

I'd say that is only related to those bingo/pin hybrids. More like one of Williams few trap hole games...Twenty Grand is another one that comes to mind. They were really experimenting in those days though...so much variety!

To me, the only bingopins are Hong Kong, Starlite, Disk Jockey, and Four Corners. Those have 15 trapholes each...GC gets close to that with 9, but it also doesn't have that mini-bingo card in the BG like my 4 do.

Sean

1 week later
#10793 5 years ago
Quoted from Raff:

How long do you let your parts sit in evapo rust for.

Quoted from wayner:

Supercheap Auto but wait until they have their 20% off sales.

Make sure it's warm enough...Ken Layton schooled me on this recently - Evapo works much better over 60 degrees F. I tossed a whole gallon thinking it had been "played out", but it was probably just too cold in my shop(like it is in the winter) and I didn't know...c'est la vie.

Sean

2 weeks later
#10856 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I purchased this game below at the 2002 Allentown Show parking lot (see pic) and has been in my collection ever since. Its never given me any issues after I restored it and plays really good and has been working 100% for all these years, but its time for it to go to a new home after I go through the game again. I will be posting it for sale soon.
The game doesn't have any sling shots or plastic's and isn't like most other wedgeheads, but this unique design playfield layout is a sensational player (read my game play on IPDB). I have fond memories of playing this great player thousands of plays at my grandmothers basement which was just a few doors down from our house back in 1965 to 1970.
I purchased a better condition Show Boat while I was in Florida vacationing from a great seller from PA and he brought it to this years Allentown Show for me after I wired the payment to him. Although I didn't attend this years show for the first in 20+ years, I managed to have a close friend get the game and bring it safely to my home, where I have been restoring it since May 8th. I will post some pictures of my newly acquired Show Boat soon when I complete the restoration.

Awesome Vic!! Aught-two was my first Allentown show I brought games too...GTB Ice Show and GTB Polo. Never been the same since...lol

Sean

#10917 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I do remember that, Sean. I think I referred to your girlfriend at the time as "your wife". I think I asked you if the "Ice Show" was for sale, and you said no. You still have that game, right?

That's right Joe! Good thing she wasn't my wife, only virtually...but then we got to have a virtual divorce too, which was way easier than a literal one usually is...lol. You and your brother, along with Dave, Gene and Vic, where some of the first "pin friends" I scored...and still the best! )

The Ice Show is still in my possession..."in service" at a friends house where he tries, somewhat futilely, to best my high score. LOL What a great game...it's still one of the fastest EMs I've played.

The Polo was sold to Tom Taylor, who still has it I believe...in his multi-player section.

#10918 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I found out through the years that most collectors/players find the game not desirable mostly because of the flipper arrangement. It takes some practice to get acclimated to the flippers arrangement and once you do this game becomes a sensation player.

Quoted from ckcsm:

If anyone really gives themselves a chance to get use to the flipper arrangement on this game, they might think different about what kind of player this wedgehead truly is.
Vic, wow what a write up.
I bought one about a year ago, it has a beautiful playfield but the backglass has some paint loss along the bottom.
Mine needs some monor fixes, so I'll have to get it going after reading I'll have to give it a go again.

This is a great point, and can also be used on other EMs people generally think suck that have different flipper arrangements. Alot of the early flipper games in the late 40s/early 50s also fit this mold - I think most folks give up too easily on most of these games.

However, the ones I speak of must be working correctly, and have the PF angle low like they were designed to have, or else they truly do stink. Unless you like rarely hitting the ball and almost constant frustration... )

Sean

3 weeks later
#10944 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I wish I would have known this a couple of years ago. I had a really nice one for sale. I practically gave it away at the York Show a few years back. And, I'm in NY state.

That game played so nice Joe...gave me a better appreciation for this title...

8 months later
#11436 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

And I'm guessing it may be more fun than most expect it to be.

Right there Alex! Every woodrail, flipperless or not, ended up being more fun than I expected...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 249.00
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=stoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.