Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8604 2 years ago

Congrats on the score Great find!

#8634 2 years ago

Wow, those pins on the bg are linked head-to-head! Way ahead of its time!

image (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#9193 2 years ago

Noticed this Add-A-Ball version on eBay (Play Mates) has a very different playfield. Anyone know about gameplay differences?

ebay.com link » Like

image (resized).jpeg

#9194 2 years ago

Anothe pic from link above

image (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#9842 2 years ago

Wow very seductive pin! Cue Tease. Me like very much

500 made
http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=612

3 months later
#10250 1 year ago

Seriously, if you haven't seen these auction results, prepare to be blown away! Hundreds of restored rare games many going for tens of thousands of dollars:

http://auctions.morphyauctions.com/mobile/auctionresults.aspx?auctionid=313&closedsessionsonly=1

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-prices-at-the-torrence-collection-auction

#10253 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

Seriously, if you haven't seen these auction results, prepare to be blown away! Hundreds of restored rare games many going for tens of thousands of dollars:
http://auctions.morphyauctions.com/mobile/auctionresults.aspx?auctionid=313&closedsessionsonly=1
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/crazy-prices-at-the-torrence-collection-auction

Quoted from MikeO:

I tallied up $2.46M. That’s just over $2M before 23% buyers premium.

Yes, you read that right... millions of $ worth of EMs, mechanical games just sold to the highest bidders. Check it out! Amazing (if you like that kind of thing)

2 weeks later
#10338 1 year ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

So, ya think this needs cleaning?

Wow! When in doubt - keep on applying more lube I guess. Still learning but not quite sure why so many in this hobby think that lube, more lube, followed by a can of WD-40 is going to finally get everything working

#10344 1 year ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Generally they are not in the hobby, there're just folks who own a pinball machine or two for their game room along with many other toys and don't know the first thing about fixing them, just playing them to death without anyone properly servicing them, then selling them to us after they beat the shit out of them at eBay pricing.

I'm newer so trying to learn all I can and came across this: seems very experienced and spraying WD-40:

#t=27m53s

Advocates for spraying with WD-40, he says that "electronically it dries out anyway". At 48:31 you can watch him spray all over score motor including switch stacks etc. I own a machine where score motor, relays and much of everything else on bottom board is covered in something so now I think I know what it is.

#10345 1 year ago

(dup)

#10390 1 year ago

Kind of like Volley?... That Firestar layout looks 99% like Volley! Only spot targets added.

1 month later
#10565 1 year ago

Beautiful! Wow! Congrats on the fine addition to your collection.

#10586 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeO:

More C37 motivational pictures.

Very nice Mike - thanks for posting!

#10592 1 year ago

Agree with above comments. Of course I would always pick a time-travelled, factory mint original over a beat up EM, but I've come to appreciate the 'personality' that a few cupped inserts can add. Small spots of randomness added here and there. Heck, new games today (like JJP POTC) go out of their way to *add* more randomness to gameplay (spinning discs).

#10600 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I prefer games with a smooth flat playfield, but i am not too bothered if there is some slight cupping
but mostly i am too lazy to do anything about it, unless it is severe enough to be a big detriment to gameplay.

Yes, this discussion depends on the amount of cupping. If it's deep enough to stop the ball then something should be done - mild cupping is OK with me. Laziness is also a factor which I'll admit too when it comes to mild cupping. Mine don't have too much and I'm OK with them as they are for now.

#10644 1 year ago

Screen Shot 2018-03-29 at 11.58.35 AM (resized).png

#10683 1 year ago

Yeah what were they thinking when they approved that (half moon credit) design? It may have solved one problem but at what cost? It just looks nuts to me.

2 weeks later
#10762 1 year ago
Quoted from boilerman:

working on these right now

Wow, production line going there Every collection deserves a Volley I say!
Really one of the most fun EMs I have and my son and I play it often.

#10773 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Picked up my first EM today. It has a temporary home in my living room, until I move in a few weeks.
I’ve just started delving into threads on EM cleaning and repairs. There are so many conflicting ideas, it’s kind of overwhelming. Naphtha vs Novus vs Whatever to clean the PF and can.. WD-40 or not for reels.
Anyone have any recommendations on a good place to start?

Regarding 'cleaning by spraying', I think most today will agree that this is not the best way forward. I'm not even 2 years into the is hobby and still can't see how spraying everything with WD-40 is going to help things in the long term. I'm restoring a pin now just covered in WD-40 and it's been a real mess to clean it all up. You wouldn't clean your dirty car by just spraying some chemical on it and walking away - you have to remove the grime.

So many advocate for cleaning contacts with alchohol then polishing with Dremel and then swab again (I've adopted this from Nic). Contacts are left factory-shiny and smooth where before they were covered in black soot. This however is a time consuming process but worth it in the long run. Filing contacts can work too but contacts are left rough and not as clean but this works too and is a faster fix because even the rougher surfaces meet enough to provide contact. Anyway, main point is spraying with WD-40 is at best a temp fix and a poor way forward in my opinion.

3 weeks later
#10919 1 year ago
Quoted from Stoomer:

the ones I speak of must be working correctly, ... or else they truly do stink.

Agree - this is in fact true for every pin, old and new, just becomes more important the older the machine. I went to NW Show last year and found a long row of highly-tuned Gottliebs (I think by TimMe) and it was a joy to behold; every machine was being played and enjoyed all weekend long even by newcomers.

1 month later
#11008 1 year ago

Only room for one in the entire house? There must be something you can get rid of to make room for some more? ...

#11043 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Here's me back in the late sixties, playing a 1965 Williams Big Chief. One of these days, I need to pose for a photo in the same manner, as an adult, with hands fused to flipper buttons, in front of a Big Chief. Perhaps someone will bring one to Pinfest next year and I will fulfill that objective.

What a great photo! Thanks for sharing!

#11057 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Today, I finally scored a "Cards Themed Gottlieb". It was in storage for 20 years.

Congrats Darcy on the High Hand! Feels so good when you score a new one

4 months later
#11293 11 months ago

I was just thinking this as well - I remember this thread was much more active a year ago.

2 weeks later
#11329 11 months ago

Merry Christmas Darcy and to everyone else!

2 months later
2 months later
#11605 5 months ago

Very nice Vic! What other playmatics have you owned and how do they compare to the Gottliebs?

1 month later
#11767 4 months ago

I recall reading from experts here that the cleaner wax is a big no and can damage playfield.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider spinal.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside