Topic Stats

• 12,112 posts
  • 678 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by hoov
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,941 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg
20191108_135858 (resized).jpg
20191108_135949 (resized).jpg
20191108_140114 (resized).jpg
20191108_140044 (resized).jpg
20191108_135822 (resized).jpg
bar (resized).jpg
31762911-E7F3-4632-99E5-9968D7473A96 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#149 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

SteveFury,
I just picked this up about 3 months ago. Believe it or not the guy had it on Knoxville, Tennessee Craigslist for over a week and nobody would give him $500. I offered him $300 because I was a state and a half away and he accepted - it was worth the trip! I played this as a kid at the bowling alley and got re-aquainted at EXPO 2010 in Chicago. 9,580 plays on the meter - look at how shiny the lock-down bar acceptor is.
If you're ever in Illinois Steve stop on in and play it or go to a local show and hopefully they'll have one.
Dave

Screaming buy!!! Unbelievable price.

#217 6 years ago

Is El Dorado as good as everyone seems to think? I have been looking for one purely based on it's reputation!

1 week later
#350 6 years ago
Quoted from pbkzo:

Here are some of them. Mostly 50s and 60s.

Fantastic!

My only suggestion is for wall art/ceiling etc to add to the ambience.

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Got it. Which do you enjoy playing more? The Replay or the AAB?

Tough one AAB v Replay.

Generally on 60's Gottliebs I prefer replays but some of the 70's AAB's were very good - Capt Card for example. Would prefer that to High Hand due to the rules.

Jacks Open v Lucky Hand. No idea which is better as both look like a ton of fun.

Buckaroo v Cow Poke - preferred Buckaroo and hitting replays at 1300, 1500, 1700 as opposed to a free ball at 2000 and 5000 points.

1 month later
#550 6 years ago
Quoted from Pintucky:

Boilerman:
Back on Page 8, you posted a picture (which I attached). What is the name of this pin?
I am on a near impossible quest. Back in the 1970's, I had a pin that was some kind of card game. It was surely produced either in the very late 1968's or early 1970's. I cannot remember the name of it for the life of me! I would love to find that pin again.
I know it is not Joker Poker (but is VERY much like it), and unsure if it is Queen of Diamonds or what. I thought it had the word "Lucky" in it, but nor sure.
Is there a way I could see or get a list of all the EM pins that were card games, so I could go through them and see if memory would tell me what it is?
Anyone wishing to help me, I would appreciate it. I remember it had a LOT OF DROP TARGETS! And I THINK a set in the middle of the pin but can't remember if it revolved or not.
Post here, or send it PM to mgiorgio (at) insightbb (dot) com.
Thanks,
Mike in Kentucky

Does sound like Lucky Hand.

3 weeks later
#590 6 years ago

HUO king pin??? how about a picture of the kickout hole area. I have never seen a KP without wear in that area. being HUO there should be very little there.

Very hard to find true HUO.

I picked up a Pin Up and seems to be genuinely low play looking at kick out holes. Great player.

IMG_7366.JPG

#595 6 years ago
Quoted from sjohn26148:

Heres a pic - there is wear but minor. Minor similiar wear on the other side also. Here is a pic of the front. A coin mechanism was never installed I was told. Its only been on freeplay its entire life. Counter was at 110,000 plus a few. I doubt it turned over because of the rest of the games condition. - I'm thinking the amount is accurate - 7 plays per day on average - Geez it was played for 7 hours at my home this week end.
The gentleman I purchased it from had it only since January. He bought it from an estate sale as estate owner was deceased. Story is he was a relative of a 1973 Gottlieb employee.
BS or not I paid $800 delivered. If the back story is BS I still am ecstatic. I played King Pin in college. I and others are having a blast with this. High score in a week of ownership at 121,040. I've set the pitch about as high as it will go - at 4.8. - a few layers of blitz waxed. Its tough and set on 5 balls .
I want people to play it - not be a museum piece.

Great pick up as a real fun game and $800 delivered is a great deal in my book

#596 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

My Flipper Clown restore is coming along nicely

Looks amazing.

What is the game like to play? Never played it.

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

Flipper Cowboy, the original cow poke.

Does it play as nice as Buckaroo/Cowpoke? I bought an original apron instruction card just in case I get one!

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Great Gottliebs you have there.
Kings & Queens was one of the 1st games I played as a kid at the local bowling alley. If it is well tuned it is a blast to play with the horizontal relay kick-out holes. Haven't played the aab Flipper Cowboy, but the Buckaroo I have has a similar playfield layout. I played a Buccaneer years ago but never a Ship Ahoy.

Nice looking Ship Ahoy in the marketplace today.

#654 6 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

Jacks Open.
Got lucky, was searching for this, and my friend ended up with two.
He prepared this one for me.

Nice find!

Really hard game to find right now. Not even sure what price is on these as so few for sale.

#681 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I have a Jacks Open and if you get one you won't regret it. This game is the total package - especially if you love card themed games like I do - Gottlieb was the king of them. Someone noted above that not too many surface which seems to be the case. I drove from central Illinois to Omaha, Nebraska, 9 years ago to get mine and I thought I was crazy. Best trip I ever made..........I'm not sure what these are even going for nowadays because you see so few of them for sale.

And don't forget Lucky Hand the AAB of JO. I would like either.

And Capt Card is as good as above and just as hard to find.

#693 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i'm probably in the minority here, but i have a strong bias against aab games vs. their replay brethren... you can never "win" against a aab game... which to be fair was the objective...
even now that i'm fortunate enough to have a choice of machines of my very own to play for free, i still want to win every time i push the start button...
plus aab's weren't common in my yute, which likely contributes to my bias as well... had i grown up in an aab state, i'd probably feel exactly the opposite...

For me getting extra balls is 'beating' the game the same way as getting a replay. And you have a chance to have epic games. That said, game needs to be set up like Goldilocks - not too easy but not too hard!

And to complicate matters I prefer replay games from 60's eras but AAB in the 70's. I just like the way you have to score 1100. 1300 etc as opposed to 50000, 750000 etc.

I wouldn't buy a High Hand knowing that the drop targets re-set on Capt Card. Not sure how many other AAB's have a better rulset?

#720 6 years ago

Gottlieb single player wedgeheads built really well.

Baseball is a very fun, addictive game.

I can see a drop target game in your future

1 week later
#814 6 years ago

Picked up a nice Bank Shot. Great players game and fast! Not set up yet but lovely vibrant blue p/f.

photo-30.JPG

3 weeks later
#881 6 years ago

Nice collection!

What are your top 3 right now?

#884 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

my top 3 3" flippers
1- el dorado
2-atlantis
3 Jacks open
my top 3 2" flippers
1- slick chick
2-north star
3-kings & Queens
but every other one I have are very good also. IMO every wedgehead gottlieb made was a great player with the exception of a hand full ie. road race

North Star is so popular? Why? Heard it is a lot of luck but lots of specials? Never played so don't have an opinion except I want to play one!

1 week later
#911 6 years ago

Nice games - would like KoD, Buckaroo and Slick Chick!

#914 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Buckaroo should have 31" legs. Probably has a Williams set of 28.5" on it. Nice if your short or want to squeeze it under some duct work. My Sinbad had 31" legs on it when I had it. It was supposed to have 27". I'm fairly short and felt like the flipper buttons were at my armpits.

I think in 1976 Gottleib went from 31 to 28.5 inch legs? Sure Shot/Bank Shot may have been first to change.

#921 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, I figured that out. I am medium height so either way works for me when playing. But I want it to be original, so I am going to purchase 31s. It will also look more correct sitting next to KoD. The guy did a real nice job on KoD. It is all original paint and playfield with a few minor touch-ups. Every piece of metal is shiny, and the game works perfectly.
The legs that are on Buckaroo appear to be the same ones that are on my Solar Citys, that have the mounting holes lower in the cabinet.

Wow, that KoD is all original - looks nice!

#922 6 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Gottlieb used 31" from woodrails up through mid-70's wedgeheads, and then switched to 27" legs for the later 70's 'deeper' cabinet games (the ones that have the integrated door and frame, like Sure Shot, Buccaneer forward).
Williams and Bally used the 28.5" though, but not Gottlieb. The Gottlieb legs also have 'round' bolt holes, whereas the 28.5" have a bit more oval shape to them.

Oh yes, 27 inches

Abra ca Dabra last 31 inch game - just looked it up.

#951 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No overlay boilerman. Is there one on yours? I see you do have the proper flipper rubbers.

Please don't offer this for sale as don't want any temptations right now

#956 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That overlay is nice to have available. It would be nicer if they were available for more titles. No, mine is indeed original with a few touch-ups. When I first saw the add, I was sure it had been repainted and restored like the Buckaroo. But when I zoomed in I couldn't believe what I saw. i saw touch-ups on the cabinet. That's when I knew this was a special machine. The play meter shows around 54,000, and I'm guessing that it never turned over.
Don't worry Shapeshifter, I plan on caring for this one for a long time.

I would keep it as well as rare to find in such nice condition

54000 makes sense. 54000 on a Gottlieb 61-67 seems to have minor impact on the p/f as they were made so well.

54000 on a 70's game and they usually look way more worn as the quality was in decline.

Enjoy your game

1 week later
#1007 6 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here are a few pics of my TKO. Fully restored (not by me) with a Shay repro BG.

photo-9.JPG 534 KB

photo-8.JPG 416 KB

photo-3.JPG 459 KB

That sure is a rare one!

#1044 6 years ago
Quoted from GreyScale:

Yup, TKO was the last wedgehead EM, only 125 made. Space Walk was the last EM overall, 215 made. Space Walk though does have a SS version (Count-Down), which makes TKO even more of a rare find.

Worth owning for pure collectability.

3 weeks later
#1187 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

My new Slick Chick (Thanks Dave!)

DSCN0876.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0873.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0877.JPG 3 MB

DSCN0870.JPG 3 MB

Nice pick up! Jealous

#1217 5 years ago

Nice pin!

I recently paid too much for a box of schematics but one of the gems was a JP envelope.

Original schematics
Original coin shute schematics
Original manual
Original instructions cards
Original replay score cards and card with 3 and 5 ball scores.
All very nice condition.

It will be going on ebay when I get round to it as there can't be many of these. Boy, would I love one of these sets for some of my games! Anyway shoot me pm if of interest.

#1331 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I have an Atlantis....no desire for Slick Chick and haven't played Abra Ca Dabra yet. Like i said.... been out of room for 10 years and have been really haven't been buying anything,actually Sing a Along,North Star,Silver Sails and Top Card bought in the last 5 years or so. I never store any games and always have all my games playing like factory new.

TopCard11-10-13 077.jpg 2 MB

TopCard11-10-13 078.jpg 2 MB

Nice collection! What a place to shut out the world

I always find it interesting what games people have and don't have. Never played Slick Chick but based on it's rating would expect it to make the cut - but it hasn't! So many great 70's games so easier to see why some not there.

In terms of variation how about either Slick Chick, Majorettes or Gigi as all 3 unique pop bumper games with great art?

Now how does Spin A Card get a place. not being a true wedgeheadf

#1334 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like that matters.

Depends on your collecting criteria!

#1337 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mine is more of a playing criteria. If I only had one style from one manufacture, then I would be missing out on some great machines, and my collection would not be very well rounded. My acquisition of Big Daddy has re-affirmed my position on that.

Agree totally.

The more varied types of play the better. With limited space I always look fir nice games that play different so would only have a Kings and Queens or a Melody or Sing Along for example.

Unlimited space/money and it would be a different story

#1340 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Those are all great games that I wouldn't mind having, but if I had to choose between three of the older titles that I have, I would keep Big Daddy, and let Buckaroo and King of Diamonds go. It is that good.

Oh man, now I gotta find a Big Daddy to see what it plays like

#1343 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it looks better too. Much more colorful with very nice artwork. The others are great games with great art too though.

Nice p/f art for sure

image-21.jpg
#1394 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's such a beautiful morning. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

DSCN2016.JPG 177 KB

That is a nice machine!

#1413 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Atlantis is the best 70's EM hands down. Grab it if you can.
Mike O.
Team-EM

Great addictive game, but not the best for me - would need better artwork for a start. It is addictive though!

#1422 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I have been out of room for over 10 years now. I stopped selling games from my collection so i could bring a new one in about 5 years ago or more.If you view my past games owned or history list you will find i let go some great pins.
Every once in a while i fall of the wagon and buy a new game, but of course i have to let one go in the line up which is getting harder to do these days and loaded with regrets.
Actually i recently picked up this nice Top Card and it's standing proud in our family room on the 2nd level of the house which had been claimed by my wife when we first moved in the house 20 years ago.
I do not have a slot available for the Top Card as it remains in the family room until i either sell a game from collection or bring my Bally Coney Island bingo up to the pool table room on the 5th level. If i stick the Coney Island in the pool room it might be in the way a little when a pool player shots from the corner left side head string.
The best thing to do is see if i can talk my wife into giving up the family room and turning it into the 4th game room in the house. I already have a Seeburg R in the family room for about 4 years now and this Top Card is sitting right in the middle of the room. Check out the pic...

TopCard11-10-13 150.jpg 121 KB

Must have been tough watching fantastic pins come up for sale and not being able to buy them!

Happens to us all - in same position - toying with 'stealing' another room

#1463 5 years ago

Still working on my Capt Card - coming along nice.

As for backglasses - I now do as little as possible - too scared of messing them up!

top of ball arch.JPG
#1466 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I always love taking off the top apron and getting 35-50 years worth of dirt out of that area. It's the little details that make a pin pop. You should show off Captain Card when it is finished. Like Alex said make sure you add it to your Pinside collection.

I also like doing this. I also like taking all the metal bits under the apron and the metal piece that holds the glass, and having them re-chromed. Just like the way the light hits and reflects. Not really bling just makes them pop. Only worth doing if keeping for a while, as most people wouldn't notice really.

This is the CC metal piece at the back - re- chromed.

IMG_7251.JPG
#1471 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Good question. I'm curious as well. It certainly is a nice mod to a game one would consider a long term keeper. Most of us Em guys are pretty frugal though and I always assumed sending stuff out to chrome was pretty expensive.

Every place is different from what I hear and chrome prices seem all over the place. That bit was around $40 from memory. Can just do small things like the runaway shields etc or go all in and do a 31 inch set of legs which is expensive!

#1473 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Not so bad really. Do you have a preferred chromer you use?

I think for most people you find the nearest you can and then go and talk to them in person and expect a few delays etc but worth it in the end.

#1475 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I want to send some parts out to chrome, who does yours and how $$?

As I said, personally think best to go local, in person and try and negotiate - my prices change depending on who I see!

#1488 5 years ago

Have one picture - I just like this area of p/f to look good as this is how it would have looked back in the day - so it is an original look so to speak, not a mod.

IMG_7645.JPG
#1489 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Yea, I don't really want to part with it, but have other projects that are waiting and need the room. (game is already spoken for ) Considering *all* the original paperwork was with the game in pristine condition as well....
Here's a few more to enjoy!

PC040798.JPG 170 KB

PC020776.JPG 175 KB

PC020783.JPG 137 KB

PC040802.JPG 137 KB

PC040804.JPG 223 KB

That is one super nice Pin Up. Looks HUO for sure or very very low plays. Thought mine was nice as have nearly zero wear on kick out hole, but this one is as good as it gets. Definitely a $2000 plus pin. I mean, how often are these pins found in this condition? Also it just happens to be a great player as well!

#1536 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I like 2" and 3" games. Depends on the game really. I like the idea of 3 inch bats on the Sure Shot and those kick out holes. I also love the backglass all lit up. I might search for that title later on in 2014. They do seem to pop up a lot on ebay.

You can make this game super fast as no drops to worry about. Thinking about yellow dot coils and a high tap. This and Bank Shot are fun, fast, games.

4 weeks later
#1818 5 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

My newest addition

image.jpg 195 KB

image-871.jpg 200 KB

image-628.jpg 184 KB

image-876.jpg 193 KB

image-219.jpg 119 KB

image-925.jpg 165 KB

image-50.jpg 185 KB

Nice!

Is this the stashyboy one?

1 week later
#1832 5 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here are a few of my EM's. My Evel Knievel EM will go next to the Mata Hari EM when the playfield swap is done. Mata Hari just had a CPR playfield installed in it.

photo-7.JPG 144 KB

Superb set of rare games

#1850 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This game is just amazing. I had an epic game this morning at 1839 points. I hope to flip it soon!

IMG_0346.JPG 146 KB

Think you mean 'roll' it Unless you are selling it of course!

1 week later
#1985 5 years ago
Quoted from popeboy:

I just saw this pop up on the Columbus Oh Craigslist this morning. I know there is a lot of love for Slick Chick in the EM world and this guy is restoring one that will be up for sale shortly. Don't know this guy, so no recommendation from me, but I thought some of you might be interested if you are in or around Ohio.
columbus.craigslist.org link
Carry on...

No webbing, maybe gets added later?

#1986 5 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

Wish I had pictures of all of the EMs I have owned over years. At one time or another I think I have owned nearly every Gottlieb machine from 1960-70, many woodrails and 70s EMs. I tend to keep three or four at a time and rotate them in and out of my collection. Also, I end up "having" to get a machine and then find out I really don't like playing it, so off it goes to someone else. Case in point was Melody. I was on a five year mission to find one, and finally did. For me the hunt was much better than the prize, I didn't love the game, so off it went for someone else to make their own judgment on it.
Right now, I have a Subway (my favorite game ever), a Gold Strike, the Diamond Jack and one in the works which I will post when it reaches my house.
I am more of a general coin-op collector/dealer/trader than primarily a pin guy. I really like and appreciate anything old which takes a coin to make it work. Other than pins, I collect arcade, gambling, vending and music machines.
A few years back, I found a 1937 Rock-Ola World Series which sat in Disney's Anaheim warehouse for decades and was destined for the Main Street arcade. At some point Walt's bean counters realized selling t-shirts is far more profitable than operating coin-op machines, so they decided to sell it. I had the machine properly conserved. It came out great. My favorite arcade game ever.
You can see the '37 on my eBay me page along with other machines I own or have owned. I tried to cut and paste the eBay me link, but it would not work. If you want to see the page, search velcroman on eBay as a buyer or seller, and click on the "me" icon.

How cool to own that many games

What is so good about Subway? Asking because Cross Town is in my top 3 for 1960's Gottliebs.

#1990 5 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Welcome to the Forum and this thread. Beautiful Diamond Jack!
- jeff

Ditto.

Love Nick R pins - works of art

#2020 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

A lazy saturday afternoon with light snow falling gives me time to upload a few pics of my latest project. Quick Draw I picked up in Maryland (yes, that's 6 hours from me! ) Price was right and aside from the usual flaking in the BG, and a full restoration on the playfield.......standard 100+ hours on the whole thing. Enjoy!

P1220874.JPG 244 KB

P1240879.JPG 127 KB

P1240876.JPG 134 KB

P1240888.JPG 219 KB

P1240889.JPG 209 KB

That is very very nice.

I am only into 1 player games but could make an exception for this game

#2059 5 years ago

Very nice!

#2094 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Finally got our newly made playfield plastics installed.
What a massive improvement they made.

IMG_0726.JPG 220 KB

Very nice!

Is FAC as good a player as some say it is? Tried to buy one last year but it feel through.

1 week later
#2150 5 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

I wonder where that El Dorado is going

You beat me by an hour I think. .........

#2152 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Message received from kovalski3 on 01/28/2014 at 11:55 CET
Message received from replay on 01/28/2014 at 12:20 CET (Shapeshifter)
It turns out to be only 20 minutes.......
If I find another nice El Dorado I'll let you know. The good news is most of these El Dorado's I've come across in the Midwest that were on location tend to be in pretty nice shape considering.

Thanks

Boy, sometimes you have to act lightning quick on these games!

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I prefer the speediness in an EM...
I recently played an awesome EM collection, and they were great, and in excellent mechanical condition, but a coule were just a bit lacking in umph...
Time to experiment with the gottlieb coils and see what i like, orange or yellow..
I have Bally's down to a science now

So I always thought orange dot and yellow dot were the same coils? I have both I think. Are they different?

#2179 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Orange Dot = 10% more power
Yellow Dot = 20% more power

Interesting - thanks.

Now I need to go check all my games and pbr boxes

#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Just got these from Steve.. unless he was confused he told me orange was the stronger of the 2.
I specificly asked for the stronger, and he said orange...
his words yellow medium
orange strong

So who is right?

#2204 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

took a team one in a trade today. it looks like it was not on route very long if ever. there is no ball arch wear and it is super clean.
It also had the ball lane metal guides

20140222_195033.jpg 238 KB

20140222_195055.jpg 171 KB

20140222_195045.jpg 250 KB

20140222_195139.jpg 108 KB

20140222_203349.jpg 182 KB

Looks a real beauty.

If I could get past the artwork, would like it as it is AAB of Abra Ca Dabra so it must be a good game!

#2216 5 years ago

That is super nice!

And Gemini sounds great.

2 weeks later
#2331 5 years ago

Nice!

images.jpg
#2358 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

More than that. Total weight of the game is well over 400 lbs. Most of that is in the head. Heaviest Bally bingo was Hawaii at 463 lbs.

Are woodrails heavier than 60's wedgeheads?

Just curious as can manage the wedgeheads but wouldn't want heavier.

1 week later
#2417 5 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Here are some close-ups of the playfield showing the black numbers on the inserts and black numbers on the 10-J-Q-K-A light shields.

Also noted a spot in the playfield that is 'pricked' for a playfield post but never had one placed in it (you can see it next to the 'Spin Roto' lettering). On all the other games on IPDB, there is a post there. Interesting that it is NOT shown in the original game flyer. Wondering if during the sample game testing the operators observed that they should set the game up with the extra playfield post in that position.

Finally, here is a close up of the score reels. The font used for the nubmers does look slightly different from the ones shown on the IPDB

Playfield.jpg 253 KB

Left Middle Playfield.jpg 175 KB

Score Reels.jpg 179 KB

Update re KOD sample.

This example is interesting as it suggests sample games had a yellow pop bumper as well. This game has been untouched for years! Not mine.

IMG_0899.JPG
1 week later
#2482 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

If there was ever a candidate for add-a-ball this would be it. Shortest ball times ever. But all the roll overs and the skill shot is fun. Today I got all the roll overs and all the specials lit. I got the last special in the middle lit after the ball drained on the far right roll over. My final score was 655. This pin is a pain in the ass to score 1000 on. It is very very challenging.

How does it compare to SC? Fun and enjoyment? Art is personal preference. I have an outside chance of picking one up but the seller has changed his mind!

#2511 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I had an epic score of 1846 on my North Star tonight. I figured I would share. I put some coin taker soft white retros in the green and yellow inserts along with under the roll over buttons. (Thanks Mike-O!) I am currently in my honeymoon phase but I am liking it as much as my King of Diamonds. I don't think I like it better than my Slick Chick but it is too soon to tell. It really is a fun as hell game.

nshiscore.JPG 161 KB

That is a high score.

I never got over 1000 in the half dozen games I played.

Some of these 60's Gottliebs are real tests!

1 month later
#2651 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

GIGI looks nice
I have been looing for that one for a while

Gigi is such a great game - wish I still had mine!

#2652 5 years ago
Quoted from Catch86:

I've had this Flipper for 40 yrs. It will never leave. Plays fine. Backglass is terrible. Playfield inserts will need to be leveled and some touch up will be needed on the playfield. I'll be starting that soon.

Flipper_1.jpg 34 KB

Flipper_2.jpg 36 KB

Nice game.

What is it like as a player? Never even seen one.

1 month later
#2752 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

My Big Hit restore is done. Pretty happy with it. Still waiting for the nickel-plated metal channel just below the neck. I'm trying out Mike Chestnut's plating service to see how they look. Not cheap, but reasonable considering the amount of work involved. I hope you'all appreciate a mostly original game. A few touch ups, and some extra lites behind the flipper buttons and under the center shooter label.

Damn, yours looks so nice!

This game is one of the most under - rated em's out there. Just a ton of fun to play and loud.......real loud!

P6211021-812.JPG 114 KB

P6211013-193.JPG 240 KB

P6211009.JPG 162 KB

P6211006-600.JPG 129 KB

P6211015.JPG 107 KB

P6211019-809.JPG 169 KB

Damn, yours looks so nice!

This game is one of the most under - rated em's out there. Just a ton of fun to play and loud.......real loud!

#2775 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

ok i finally got all but the sing along set up(PF swap on sing along)
11 in the garage 8 in the basement
once i give them a quick tune up i hope to have some the local pinsiders over
for drinks a some pinball

20140625_145946.jpg 242 KB

20140625_150001.jpg 296 KB

20140625_150021.jpg 250 KB

Nice!

I would like to know how you rate Sweet Hearts and Target Pool in your line up as both intrigue me.

1 week later
#2874 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I agree 4 square is a great player BG art is good but the PF art is so plain. I can say that 4 square was the only machine I owned for over 10 yrs. so many others came and went but it managed to stay for a reason.
even though I have mostly replays I do like the AAB games that are not to easy.
the only exception are the flipper series, the were made only as AAB and all are good games top two IMO are flipper and flipper parade

Would love to play all the Flipper series - they all look great .

#2894 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've finally joined the EM club, and was able to get a Wedgehead.
Love the art on these babies. This backglass is in superb condition and looks great in person. Thanks to Pinsider Mikeincali for the nice transaction!

IMG_1628.jpeg 215 KB

IMG_5109.jpeg 200 KB

Good choice

Good price as well as it's a fast, fun game. Set it around 5 degree pitch, wax her up and you should be good to go! Worth cleaning the score reels - they look real nice and I have to do this on every game.

I own Bank Shot - the shot layout is identical - it's just that one gives you replays, the other extra balls. They play identical so it comes down to the AAB v replay debate! Overall, I prefer replays so Sure Shot has the edge.

#2935 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Unbelievable. Was having a great game on my Sure Shot, best score by far, and I thought for sure I was going to roll it. Had the middle pop bumper lit for 1000 points. I was literally one pop bumper shot away from rolling it when I drained my last ball.
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3770.jpeg 130 KB

Sounds 'one more game like'
Is the roll it score on Sure Shot 199999?
I think most mid to late 70's this is roll score?
Hardest game I owned to roll was Melody - 9999. Never did it!

#2942 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yep, the "just one more game" pull is very strong on these EM's.

Good eye! Yes, only the 1 ball was left. So close, yet so far away...

That's cool, thanks for the info.

So, when are you buying your next em??!

#2967 5 years ago

Wow, the artwork on these 50's games is second to none

They were before my time but I would still love a row of them!

3 weeks later
#2986 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm kind of out of room and funds....BUT...with as much fun as I (and my friend who is not a pinhead) have been having with Sure Shot (it was the *only* pin we played this last weekend and he was here Saturday and Sunday) and how addicting it is, I have been having these crazy thoughts about selling one of my DMDs (MET?) and replacing it with 7 more EMs. Kind of crazy when you think about it like that. I do have more room in my garage.
I think I'd like my next EM to have AAB.

Metallica is a great game but 7 games versus one - well, if you got the space, 7 always better than 1

I think a game you would really like if you want an AAB , and a game to compliment Sure Shot is Lucky Hand ( 1977 ). Buckets of one more game addictiveness but fairly hard to find. Capt Card 1974 is another very good AAB.

#3012 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Just picked up a slick chick from D.C. I got home from 950 to 700. It's I'm really nice condition. The guy was 60 and it was in his family's house where I bought it since he was fifteen. All original paperwork and everything. I was very sad to let it go I never experienced that before. Well it's going to a good home I can say that

image-191.jpg 89 KB

image-589.jpg 105 KB

image-606.jpg 78 KB

image-328.jpg 65 KB

Looks a very nice original.

Any more photos??

#3019 5 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

I really appreciate it. It's in pretty good shape I just have to go over everything. I'm going to really take your advise and really take my time. I have a issue where all the pops not working for the chick sequence. Hard to explain. I'll let you know. Thanks again

Yeah I think I'm going to leave the playfield as it is. I just think for me it's in a condition where I rather say it's all original than "yeah I touched it up a little" but it would be a pretty simple fix

Once I get it all pretty I'll post more. Is there something you would like to see? I was going to take a pic of the play meter but it says 10,000 plays but I'm sure it was rolled

Pics of back of backglass, front of game etc?

2 months later
#3159 5 years ago

Early xmas present

A NOS Hit The Deck playfield , done by Ron Kruzman.

Now, can someone please do a massively detailed playfield swop video?!

IMG_8222.JPG
#3162 5 years ago

Thanks for tips - put them on file for the day I feel brave enough!

2 weeks later
#3179 5 years ago

The latest 70's line up. Gottlieb wedgeheads.

IMG_8281.JPG
1 month later
#3294 4 years ago

Also got FF. Beautiful looking game. My only Nick Raschilla game.
Ideally would have prefered original cabinet but finding the game is just hard.

FF3.JPG IMG_8276.jpg
#3312 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Wow very nice condition and backbox rainbow looks good (not melted). BTW, PBR carries the red deco domed 1-point caps if you want the original color scheme.
I noticed some folks double-rubber the 2" flippers. What is the upside of doing this?

Are you sure red is the original color scheme? All the pictures on IPBD show blue? But there are red rings underneath so maybe everyone is copying IPBD which is wrong?

I didn't know the rainbows melted. Mine has some cracks at the very bottom but otherwise pretty good for over 50 years.

#3321 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Lots of coordinating red elements... posts, Gottlieb logo, outfits, etc.

IMG_6366.JPG 76 KB

Your logic makes sense with the red rings underneath. Funny if all the games on IPBD are the wrong ones!

Can you post a better picture of the red caps so I can see what to order on my next pbr order? Thanks

#3325 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'll post a better photo later this week. For Flipper Fair I ordered two red Deco Domed 1 Point (http://www.pbresource.com/pfbumper.htm about 1/3 of the way down the page).
I wouldn't be surprised if there are other differences to be found on IPDB. Many of the games are old and have been replaced with different parts. Since all photos are contributions I guess whoever gets there first sets the standard.
Oh well... even if there is a standard, I don't always follow it verbatim. I do whatever looks best in the spirit of the game. Like installing "cabaret lighting" under the top ball arch or replacing those laundromat-looking instruction cards with more attractive versions. Basically whatever would pass as something the original designers would do, given the time and motivation.

Makes sense.

This one?

decd1pwl.jpg
#3330 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

No. It's the other one with "1 point" only... no "when lit" (because it's always lit).

Thanks - will order some red.

decd1p.gif
1 month later
#3472 4 years ago

Patience needed in buckets to pick up nice em's - worth it though.

#3487 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

My Holy Grail at long last! (with a little help from my friends)

Spot Bowler-695.jpg 197 KB

That is in sweet condition

1 week later
#3508 4 years ago

Thanks, Tim!
I'll have to get busy and see if I can post a few pictures of some of my other games. Especially now that DirtFlipper figured out why I wasn't able to post these pics of the SB.
Always wished I had pictures of my games but have been very lax in this regard.

Even better a nice video of the gameplay and rules - youtube it so it lives forever

#3530 4 years ago

Love this game. So many ways to win, I always feel close and yet .......I hardly ever win

Mystic Marvel 1954.

IMG_8433.JPG IMG_8435.JPG IMG_8434.JPG
#3533 4 years ago

Really like Sunshine actually.

Tough game but very different.

Spot all red numbers equals special.
Spot all white number equals special.
Spot all white and red and either all red rollovers or all white rollovers light for special. Alternates between red and white by hitting pop bumper. So, 7 rollovers lit for special at all times. So should be specials galore but haven't done it yet....

And I love the rating system. I am pleased to get FAIR. If I ever get GENIUS I will be jumping up and down

A real nudgers game and think one of the ways to score heavily is to light pop bumpers as they score 100000. Usually when I light them I accidentally unlight them.

Nice p/f artwork.

MVC-006S.JPG

2 weeks later
#3574 4 years ago

Nice work!

1 week later
#3638 4 years ago

Nice pick up!

So, how many games does Michael own now?!

#3644 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Not sure precisely AlexF because he visited the US on so many occasions. It was quite fascinating and rewarding to speak to someone with such a wealth of knowledge & experience of the Industry and EM pins in particular. I was honoured to have the opportunity to return with Michael, along with illawarra92 & Rod (of Rods' pinball videos fame) to his Mums' place for a coffee & chat.

It is indeed a small world Hyperball91. I ran what was then called a gas dragster (slingshot) with a fuel injected small block chevy power plant.

He mentioned 500 Shapeshifter.

Wow, these big collectors make me feel sane

2 weeks later
#3814 4 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Oh man if it has good flippers it's a blast to play. If you have a phobia of woodrail this will change your mind 100%. The flow is a lot of fun. I will not be getting rid of this machine anytime soon

Love see a row of woodrails

#3819 4 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Love Universe. Wish I could find a nice local one.
Heading to Allentown in a few weeks. Hopefully will find something interesting there. Just sold my restored Williams Heat Wave so I am down one EM and need to restore balance.
My EM grail is still a 53 GTB Spot Bowler but they are few and far between
If any of you guys are going down to Allentown I'm planning to bring down a 1960 Williams Official Baseball that I am restoring right now and my HUO 1977 Interflip Dragon (257 plays on it when I found it last October!).
Happy to give the EM guys here first crack. PM me if interested.

Glad I have never played Spot Bowler as wouldn't want to add another game to my wishlist

#3825 4 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Just finished cleaning and tweaking one of the newer acquisitions in my stable: 1960 Williams Nags. I rearranged the machines in the basement to create a hossie theme - El Dorado, Nags, Derby Day next to the 1950 Bally Grandstand glass.
Really clean machine, perfectly acceptable cabinet scratches/playfield wear and plays strong. These games are quite temperamental with all the mechanical activity and fortunately I have two local friends who also own one and were able to help me fine tune it.
I also want to give a shout out thanks to nearby collector and Pinsider, Znet, who initially turned me on to the seller of this Nags, the Knock Out and the Flying Turns.
I made a little video: ยป YouTube video

n1-19.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n3-429.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n2-644.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n4-346.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n6-86.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n7-216.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n5-911.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
n8-467.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice pick up's

Jim has great games for sure.

#3841 4 years ago

And now you have 2 shiny bells

1 week later
#3927 4 years ago

Well, I finished my 1958 Sunshine. Last stage was cleaning, waxing pf and new rubbers and it now plays so nice and snappy. The quality Gottlieb has in these games is amazing. The p/f is massively better than any 70's game I have owned. The wood grain around the pop bumpers is like burr walnut! The marbled posts don't have so much as a crack in them. No wonder Gottlieb's slogan was 'no substitute for quality'.

Game has the all rollover special as well. Tough game but with new rubbers it is a nudgers delight and beatable, although getting GENIUS may be a different story!

IMG_8533.JPG IMG_8534.JPG IMG_8537.JPG IMG_8525.JPG
1 month later
#4187 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Sample game 01005 S, so the 5th or 6th off the line. Dual play meters for collecting the early sample feedback metrics too. Nice.
Good story with this one?

You just solved another mystery for me as had no idea why my Hit the Deck had 2 play meters in it.

IMG_8558.JPG
#4188 4 years ago

Moved my Capt Card today and looked at it in close detail. Must have been stored a very long time as the original webbing has not faded at all. Interesting it's heavier than expected but I guess none has faded away.

I originally thought it had been re-painted but it is 100% original, just one of those rare finds.

Top of p/f has barely any wear. Probably the best 'time capsule' game I'll ever find. Some of the parts under the p/f have virtually zero wear.

Owned it over a year and guessing a Californian basement helped keep it in the condition it is.

IMG_8563.JPG IMG_8562.JPG IMG_8564.JPG IMG_8565.JPG
#4194 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I'm on on Bank a Ball no. 2 myself.
I was lucky enough to stumble on a super nice one. Here's the base cabinet during clean-up showing the original paint:

bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 005.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 001.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
bab from Michigan- cleaning cabinet 015.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Awesome find!

#4223 4 years ago

Coming soon ( ish ) .......

A.JPG
#4227 4 years ago

Ooooooo, I'm jelly... as you guys say here.

Your review on IPBD helped me as never played it but you say it's a great player and you know your games

#4230 4 years ago

Oh, well... thank you.
What a nice thing to say.

The thing is that it's true

While researching pins I read everything I can find on the net and what I need to know is if a game is a good player. The rest I can usually work out, i.e art/condition etc.

So, another coming soon and was again influenced by your write up It was like the 'icing on the cake' comment!

Anyway this sat unsold for over 3 months. I passed on it initially but then read something else and was surprised no one had bought her so figured, may as well be the one. Bit of KO hole wear but pretty nice in my book.

DSC02538.JPG
#4233 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

And one that Elvis played in Detroit, 1956.
Elvis plays Diamond Lil

What a cool photo!

Never seen that before.

Wonder what the game on the far left is? Maybe Stage Coach 1954?

stageco2.jpg
#4247 4 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

My only problem with C37 was that a couple inserts are cupped so I'm going to have to learn how to remove them and sand them smooth and put them back in. Luckily none of them have decals on them. It does make for some crazy ball action when the ball hits some of the really bad ones. It's almost like there is a magnet pulling it the other way.

How about the mylar method? Mylar circles of different sizes, smallest first. Levels insert and no risk to game if worried about damage.

Used to be able to buy kits but can't find anymore.

#4253 4 years ago

Thanks - will order some as much easier than making my own!

#4254 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Has anyone tried these? Even in the picture on their website you can see the concentric rings and it looks like it makes the insert cloudy?
Does anyone sell insert decals for Gottlieb?

00IMG_4244.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Strange as mylar is clear? Well, I will order some and trial them.

1 week later
#4293 4 years ago

Re-jigged my wedge line up to go AAB, replay, AAB, replay. These 4 are all great players. Ice Revue is the hardest!

IMG_8571.JPG
#4299 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

It is? I clicked up 7 replays on Friday's visit to the PHOF and another 7 on Saturday.
Cool game... a new discovery for me. I wonder how differently it plays vs. the AAB version Ice Show with the three outlanes. Looks like an intense nudger.
Great score on that Flipper Fair! I also own one and was entertaining the idea of selling it... yikes! What was I thinking?!?

My Ice Revue plays hard - those outlanes are vicious!

Had an Ice Show - very hard game and I much prefer Ice Review.

Flipper Fair has grown on me - the layout has so much flow it is unreal and for some reason I can do bounce passes, drop catches really well , more than any other game. 7700 high score - waiting for the day I clock it past 9999!

#4331 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hear that. I am taking it with a grain of salt. It is what it is. I did not know they had used particle board on the sides of pinball machine cabinets in the 50s. My Universe and all the others I have are solid wood there.
At least they did not scratch my River Boat and Teachers Pet.

Sorry to hear about the damage.

Wishing Well is the only game Gottlieb ever used particle board on so it is much heavier and more fragile.

Did you use STI?

#4377 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure. But if we ever lite up all the cards we are going to find out.

Thanks Hoov! It is a lot of fun to play.
Nimblepin actually brought over two sets of legs last night and for what I have in mind these will work just fine.
DSCN3652.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Perhaps he can fix this one.

Have you got the 10 replay jackpot yet?

Fun player or does it need dialling in still?

#4381 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Haven't got all the cards lit but did get the three Joker special last night. I still need to shop it out and rebuild the flippers but for now it plays fine. It will have more kick when I am done with it.

Yeah, that is pretty amazing. First one I didn't have to do something to to make it play. Looking at Teachers Pet it may be plug and play as well. As soon as I get the legs for it, we will know. In the meantime I am going to start tearing into Wishing Well as that is the one that needs some TLC.

Wishing Well is a lovely looking game and don't see many around. Shay was due to re-make the glass but no idea if that will happen or not.

2 weeks later
#4620 4 years ago

Latest line up in my 'study' !

Spaced out nicely so can see cabinet sides and walk in between. But I can see room for one more.....

Another room is going to be a dedicated 50's woodrail room - work in progress. And there are others here and there.

IMG_8634.JPG

IMG_8635.JPG
#4627 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Shapeshifter your machines are absolutely beautiful!

Thanks!

They are in date order and it's fun moving from 1960 - 1978

#4628 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is an interesting game as it has only four GI bulbs in it. Two in the backbox and two in the thumper bumpers. Every other bulb goes on or off depending on what happens during gameplay.
The numbers on the right of the backglass start out lit and go out as you make each hole and the letters Pinky light up as you make the corresponding lane shots. The bulbs under the playfield plastics go on to indicate a higher score at that bumper if the correct insert at the bottom of the playfield is lit.
The inserts at the bottom wheel change as you hit the rollover button. It is also lit for special if you complete all numbers and letters and the upper right skill lane lights for special after completing just the six numbered holes.
DSCN3700.JPG
DSCN3703.JPG

Is this a match made in heaven? ! CA as well.

If I wasn't out of space, this would be tempting. Can't be many around.

ebay.com link » 1950 Williams Dreamy Pinball Machine

#4672 4 years ago

Coming soon
Sluggin Champ. 1955.
Superb ruleset on this game with collecting teams on both sides of the backglass.
And it has has an 'extra special hole'! ( 6 replays awarded ).

// Error: Image 418779 not found //

pf 1.JPG
1 week later
#4741 4 years ago

Big Hit is a fun game, under rated.

1 week later
#4804 4 years ago

Getting my 50's woodrail room ready - Mystic Marvel is a bit lonely but that will change soon

Flyers on wall today.

Still looking for mint flyers of Hawaiian Beauty, Wishing Well, Ace High, World Champ if anyone has them?

IMG_8650.jpg

IMG_8651.jpg

IMG_8652.jpg

#4819 4 years ago

Not mine but got a shock seeing 2 woodrails in an episode of Friends! 4 Belles and Roto Pool.

IMG_8659.jpg

2 weeks later
#4889 4 years ago

I am so excited about this game. Winning 26 replays in one go is an amazing buzz - hope I do it! Will be a while before I play it as so much to do and other games to work on. This could well be a true keeper. It wasn't cheap but compared to modern SS games it was way better value - for me anyway.

Sweet Add A Line - 1955.

P/f was better in real life than the photos - not often that happens Cabinet 100% original, no touch up's. Repro backglass. Looking for an original if anyone has - highly unlikely!

Will do a video to show the 26 replay feature and put on youtube in next 6 - 12 months.

IMG_8671.jpg
IMG_8672.jpg
IMG_8673.jpg

#4895 4 years ago

Thanks everyone.

Love these old games and this one will be really hard to beat so can't see getting bored of it.

#4959 4 years ago

Here is Elvis playing Diamond Lill in 1956 I believe. Will be going next to my Diamond Lill when I can get it in the house.

IMG_8705.jpg

1 month later
#5117 4 years ago

Going to be working on my Diamond Lill - 1954.

Boy, can you imagine how shooting loops with this light show must have felt back in 1954?!

IMG_8948.jpg

IMG_8949.jpg

IMG_8950.jpg

2 weeks later
#5172 4 years ago

And another......

atown2009_108.jpg

#5188 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'll be visiting Vegas and the PHoF next November.... It will be my first time there.... any hints on the EM pins I should look for to play?

The Centigrade 37 played nice, can't remember others.

2 weeks later
#5239 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

20151008_173430a.JPG Finally getting around to posting a photo or two of my 1957 Gottlieb "Royal Flush" as it appeared at the recent York, PA show.
20151008_173845.jpg
20151008_173856a.JPG

Nice game!

And would love to play a Crossroads to see how it stacks up against the more well known pre 1955 games.

#5248 4 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

BTW Someones know if with some soundproofing,my EM will make less noise?I overestimate the noise being in an apartment

Just disable chime box or muffle it. I think you can do by tightening screws to ensure chime bars have less play.

I think that would help.

1 month later
#5368 3 years ago

My Sweet Add A Line 1955 is finally ready to play
Well, not sure if flippers need double rubber or not?
Anyway huge thanks to DF for advice re troubleshooting

This game is a keeper simply for this one feature.

As you unlight the last rollover ( there are 16 ) the game goes crazy and fires an amazing 26 knocks ( replays ) ! Jackpot heaven.

I will post back the day I accomplish this feat but it might take a very long time.....

IMG_9234.jpg

#5373 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Yes. The "round top" style of 2" flippers should be double-ringed when playing with a standard 1 1/16" pinball. I know the usual ring kits folks buy don't include them, but buy a dozen 1 1/4" rings to have on hand and use them as the bottom ring, then put the 1" ring from the ring kit as the top ring.

Very useful info

Will add to next order.

#5377 3 years ago

Interesting debate.

I looked at various flyers I have - they seem to have just the 1 rubber.

Whether that means anything not sure.

IMG_9235.jpg

#5386 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Look at the flyers from about Ace High and later, and you'll see the double rings.
It's about the geometry. Take a 1 1/16" ball and see where the center line is relative to the one ring on the flipper; they don't line up (the center line on the ball is below the ring). Adding the second ring below the top one meets up with the center line of the ball.
If you have original flippers and have interest in preserving them, the second ring is cheap insurance. Repros are now $14 a pair, and nice originals are hard to find. An extra pair of rings is $1. I've seen enough broken 2" round top flippers to appreciate why Gottlieb started adding the second ring themselves.

Just looked at my 1958 Sunshine flyer - double rubbers.

Now I know why a fair few rubber kits I always end up with 2 spare 1 inch rubbers.

Seems like they put 1 inch in instead of 1 inch 1/4.

#5391 3 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

yes, that's what they're for. The 1" will work, will just be a bit tighter.
And ever wonder why the area in front of the flippers on 50's games are sometimes blown out with wear? And the wear doesn't really line up with flipper "drag"? What do you suppose happens when the flipper rubber hits above the center line of the ball?

Well, I am going to double rubber all my games now - advantages outweigh any disadvantages.

#5402 3 years ago

Congrats

That is an impressive journey!

3 weeks later
#5486 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey rat, the way it's going there will be no where for you to sleep next time you come up, and I will hardly be able to afford to eat.
As long as I've got my Jack.

DSCN4151_(resized).JPG

Wow, is that the HUO that was on ebay?!

#5490 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Story is it was on location for a very short time but got taken off because it had a problem and went into storage for years. Well it is fun as can be, but I think I found the problem. It's adding balls like crazy! Not just when it should. I will try to fix it.

Well, it sure looks a beauty. Enjoy

#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gotcha covered rat.

DSCN4156_(resized).JPG

Was only thinking of Big Daddy and your 1000 point challenge.

I have a Cover Girl passing through......... this is another of those ' see if you can get a 1000 points ' games. Easy to collect specials by collecting 6 girls but getting over 1000 is super hard. Never played a wedgehead that was so hard to score over 1000.

1 month later
#5721 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I would give one of my arms to own that Star Jet.

If you did that you would then have to buy Williams games with impulse flippers

1 month later
#5850 3 years ago

http://www.pinballrebel.com/pinball/cards/

Download Knock Out in text version.

Can then alter card to match Spot Bowler as it is the same really. Same year as well.

1 week later
#5890 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Picked up a Bally 1972 Fireball today from Michael Shalhoub, unloaded, did an initial setup & had a few games. Dan is right this is a great player! Its distinguishing features are great alongside a Gottlieb collection.
I am really happy with the purchase-great backglass & pf & fully operational. A few touch-ups needed on the cabinet but that will be little problem.
afbarr1_(resized).jpg
afbarr2_(resized).jpg
afbarr3_(resized).jpg
afbarr4_(resized).jpg
afbarr5_(resized).jpg

Nice pick up Wayne

#5891 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here are my games as of yesterday. I've also got Skill Pool, Kings, and Speed Way in the back room waiting on me.

1_(resized).jpg2_(resized).jpg3_(resized).jpg4_(resized).jpg5_(resized).jpg6_(resized).jpg

What kind of player is Classy Bowler proving to be?

#5912 3 years ago

Half my woodrail room finished.

Remote control turns these 5 games on.

Original 1950's nickels and dimes on the games.

Kind of like how it must have been like ( minus the remote control! )

IMG_9521.JPG

IMG_9522.JPG

#5921 3 years ago

Thanks everyone.

Biggest thanks goes to DF

#5974 3 years ago

Kind of depressing as looks like the end of an era beckons.

Hope he finds a way to move forward with a protege.

#5977 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I visited the PHOF dozens of times over the past two years. Tim looked like he was running out of patience... but he still had plans to build a second facility and double or even triple the footprint. But it seems unlikely now. Failing a successor, the games will likely be spread to the four winds via auctions and sales. He has far more in storage than the 200-ish on the floor. Far, far more.
(a thunderstorm of flapping vulture wings emerges...)
I hope he will find a successor and bring PHOF into a new age. Vegas needs pinball!

Seem to remember reading an article that he had around 1600 games?

#6049 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

King Pin and Classy Bowler are on their way to Texas and I got something done this morning.

DSCN4390_(resized).JPG

Classy Bowler didn't last long? I hear it's a great player.

#6069 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Pinball machines with a clown theme are hard machines to sell. Took me awhile to sell Big Top.

There are some exceptions

Possibly my favorite 60's game. I certainly miss mine.

image-20.jpg

2 weeks later
#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from Robo1:

Here is some of my more unusual games. Williams 'Thunderbird' woodrail.....and a 51' Gottlieb 'Wild West'..fairly rare game, and a Genco 'Rip Snorter'

DSC05013_(resized).jpgDSC05015_(resized).jpgIMG_6939_(resized).jpgIMG_6941_(resized).jpg

Nice to see videos of gameplay one day?

Real nice rare games.

1 month later
#6378 3 years ago

SkyWay looks a really intriguing game and very hard to find.

#6427 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Finally completed a resto of my Super Spin which was my first machine purchase back in November 2013. Completed cab, bg & minor pf touch-ups incl arch trail; resto of motor board & head; rebuild of roto, bonus stepper & player unit along with full shop of pf. I was amazed at the number of very loose coil stops on roto & bonus stepper units & flipper assemblies.
This was a good example for me of the before & after impact of a full resto. The machine plays beautifully & the improvement is just so noticeable.

Lovely restore Wayne.

And the art is really good.

Never played or seen this title.

1 week later
#6541 3 years ago

Superb job Wayne

1 week later
#6695 3 years ago

Must be so nice to have a woodrail shop so close

1 week later
#6744 3 years ago

The p/f looks NOS. Superb.

Really can't see that it has had 69000 plays.

It just has that NOS look about it

1 week later
#6829 3 years ago