20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballfever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4378 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I just had one awesome score tonight on Fireball. I got the skillshot at least 4 out of 5 balls and at least a few more times after a ball was locked. I had a few longer than expected 3 ball multiballs and a few long term 2 ball multiballs. It was one hell of a rush!

IMG_2067.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I used to play it at the Phoenix airport every chance I got, it's a fun game and I've thought many times of getting one but I'd like to have several EMs together with the same "theme", probably western and I'm not sure what other EM would go with it because it's so unique.

#4395 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Got over 60 hours into the Cross Town and need another 10 hours of extra fine tuning before it makes down into the the basement gameroom with the other wedgeheads.

The cabinet paint job looks like new. I can't tell the difference from the original. Great job!

#4396 8 years ago
Quoted from millusions:

My em collection is a bit old

My old game is on it's way here and I can't wait. Will post pictures when it's set up.

#4397 8 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

Thanks. Here are some before pics...

Don't want to ask a "noob" question but did you restore that playfield or use a better one? If you restored it then maybe there's hope yet for my Paul Bunyan playfield. It's a lot of fun, I play it every day and it has a great backglass plus it plays like new because it was shopped.

DSC_0775.JPGDSC_0775.JPG

#4408 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

If it plays like new.... let it be!

The playfield affects and alters the path of the ball even though I cleaned and waxed it good with Carnauba.

DSC_0779.JPGDSC_0779.JPG

#4409 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

There's several playfield restorations documented out there including some on pinside and several on pinrepair.com. Here's just one of them: http://www.pinrepair.com/restore/2001pf.htm

That's a great link! I've been perusing the pinrepair.com restore pages but didn't see this one. Thanks!

#4412 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That is the original paint on Vic's "Cross Town".
It was in pretty good condition when we pulled the game out of the previous owner's garage. Vic did some touch ups on it. He did a great job on the rest of the game. The playfield is not the one that was in the game. He was fortunate to find a better one, but he did a ton of work on that one as well. I can't wait to play it.

No wonder I couldn't "tell the difference".

#4413 8 years ago
Quoted from Noobee:

If yours plays well, I would say do whatever you can to protect if from further damage and play it, unless of course you have a "need" to restore stuff, like I do. I bet I put over 80 hours into that playfield restore. Tedius process, but well worth it (to me) when complete!

Then there is hope after all! I know how difficult it is to find a good playfield for this game and would like to get it playing like it's supposed to plus "restore" it like you did yours then protect it. What bothers me is how the planking and worn areas alter the natural path of the ball during gameplay.

#4430 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's taken a couple of days of a long weekend, but after going thru all the steppers, relays, solenoids, and cleaning and adjusting most of the switches, Wishing Well is once again a fully functioning pinball machine.

It's looking good! There's something special about an old woodrail game's backglass art and theme of the game. For some reason I loved them because you could score millions of points where the ones with score reels you could only score thousands!

My first woodrail pinball machine in many years is here safe and sound, will post pictures and include the history of the game as soon as I have it set up.

#4431 8 years ago

That's a great link! I just favorited it, thanks.

#4432 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not on my shift. That is always one of the determining factors of keeping a game around here. If it rolls too easy, it's gone! We are loving Surf Side as it is more fun to compete.

Agreed, I'd rather have a game that's so fun it keeps me coming back for more instead of a highly "collectible" or valuable game that's not as much fun.

#4442 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lots of pretty ladies on this one.

Maybe they were at the well making a wish for you to buy the game.

#4449 8 years ago

My new woodrail arrived safe and sound yesterday, thanks to a friend who happened to be in the area to pick it up and I recently set it up in it's new home next to the Paul Bunyan. (It's the first woodrail I've had since I had to leave behind the 1953 Grand Champion when my family moved across country)

A little fascinating history about it, it used to be a gambling machine. The operator would pay for credits won then reset the credits to 0 on the bottom of the game. The mechanics and electrics were gone through by the guy I bought it from so it plays just like it did in 1949.

UTAH Pinball.jpgUTAH Pinball.jpg

UTAH Backglass.jpgUTAH Backglass.jpg

UTAH Playfield 2.jpgUTAH Playfield 2.jpg

#4454 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

But the theme doesn't got with Paul Bunyan.

Lol I agree, I need an "Arizona" game to go with this "UTAH" pinball machine.

#4455 8 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

My EM Charlie's Angels

Nice! I love seeing these restorations. Can we see the other side of the repainted cabinet for comparison with "before" photo?

#4456 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Someone took really good care of it. I love the look of some of those United games. This one's perfect.

I agree! It was stored in a basement for many years in non working condition. The tech replaced a burned out flipper coil, score step up units stripped and cleaned because they were seized solid, lots of corroded relay contacts cleaned, many failed lamps replaced, missing small bell unit replaced with a new one and two damaged legs replaced.

What's interesting is this "UTAH" pinball machine has flippers but they don't look like flippers. Can you find them in the playfield photo?

#4463 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The flippers are the horizontal rings just above the out hole.

Yes, I saw it was supposed to have flippers and wondered where they are. Here's a photo of them.

UTAH Pinball Flippers.JPGUTAH Pinball Flippers.JPG

#4465 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yup. Those United "flippers in disguise". Pretty cool actually. Nice game!

Thanks! I wonder if the "disguise" was intentional on United's part?

I'd like to clean it up first then touch it up and "restore" it to look like new (after consulting with Pinsiders here for advice and the best methods of course) since it's already in good condition. I'm an artist and really good at matching colors.

#4467 8 years ago

Forgot to mention the game has a coin box. I believe most pinball machines don't.

UTAH Pinball Coin Box.JPGUTAH Pinball Coin Box.JPG

#4481 8 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Two more cool shots of the Serenade

Very nice looking! I'd like to get another United Mfg pinball machine to go with the one I have.

#4484 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A couple of woodies in the dart room.

They look good together! I hope you're not playing darts in the same room with them?

BTW, I notice we've all been "downgraded" to "Pinside member"?

1 week later
#4637 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I wish I had more room.

Same here. I had to strategically arrange furniture to fit the three pins in my house. (to me, "storage" is like "out of sight out of mind")

That Surfer backglass is very cool, similiar to Magic City in some ways.

#4671 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I'm working on the trip bank now but not going quite this far.

I'm reading these posts with great interest because I'd like to know the best ways to clean these score motors, trip banks etc.

#4677 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Take 'em apart. Only way. On the trip bank I'm only taking off the activator plate that is pulled in by the coil, and the arm that comes down to move the switches. I took the reset arm off, and also removed the coil. You can unscrew the switch stacks but I'm leaving those on, just cleaning those in place with a Dremel tool and wire brush.

Thanks! I'll have to do the same for mine as soon as I get a Dremel tool. Btw, there's a thread where SteveFury prefers a different kind of brush because the wires break off the brush.

1 week later
#4745 8 years ago

Great looking lineup! They draw you in and make you want to play them all.

#4747 8 years ago
Quoted from Ring-Them-Bells:

I'm going for the old tavern theme.

It looks like a bar man cave.

#4752 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

looks and feels good.

Looks good. I see you have bingo games. Are they fun to play?

#4758 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

My Gay Time bingo

Nice. I used to think they looked "boring" without flippers but lately I've been thinking it might be fun to have a working one.

#4760 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Have you listened to the podcast FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY

Not yet. I saw it in one of the threads here with Ryan Clayton.

I'm reading up on them. I used to think the bingo games were just luck but realized you might be able to choose the holes first then shoot and try to nudge the balls into them?

#4767 8 years ago
Quoted from nick-the-greek:

Either get a working one or find somebody who has one and will let you play it.

I'm thinking of getting one of the late 50's or early 60's Bally bingo games because I read that the earlier games are less complicated troubleshooting wise vs the later 70's games.

The heads look like monsters though. How heavy are they?

#4769 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

About 200+ #
The majority of the weight is in the head.

I know pinballs weigh about 250 lbs but the head alone weighs 200+?

#4771 8 years ago
Quoted from nick-the-greek:

If you really want to know more about them, click on the link and then click on 'how they work'. It will tell you all there is to know about how they operate. There are also sections on fixing them, game listings with images, manuals and schematics you can download, just about everything you could want to know really.
http://bingo.cdyn.com/

Got it. Thanks for the information, nick.
Bruce

#4798 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

DSCN3807.JPG(Click image to enlarge)

Great video.

Are those brown tobacco stains on the wooden lockdown bar? Edit: Just realized you said the brown is old lacquer finish? Are you planning to clean it up and refinish the wood trim?

3 weeks later
#4891 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

P/f was better in real life than the photos

That's a nice P/f! Congratulations!

#4900 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Huh? What happened? Now it looks like everyone else's "Rocket"!

Could it be your lights? Try turning off different lights where the game is or camera flash setting?

#4919 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

here is that 65.00 roller coaster

Maybe you can do a thread on how you did this game if you don't already have one?

Bruce

#4982 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

webbing done right

What did you use? Airbrush or spray can?

1 month later
#5100 8 years ago

Here is the current lineup, powered on and ready to play.

The Utah is fun to play but will probably be for sale or trade in time to make room for the Williams Grand Champion.

20150925_190804.jpg20150925_190804.jpg

All three games were gone through before I got them and play well.

20150925_190734.jpg20150925_190734.jpg

I think the Paul Bunyan needs the cabinet and backbox repainted because the paint on other side is badly flaking off..
Have better coin plate, chutes, etc to put back on it after repaint.

Bruce

2 weeks later
#5168 8 years ago

I wonder how a lineup of Gottlieb wedgeheads and Williams reverse wedgeheads would look if you alternated them?

Bruce

#5170 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

PinballFever said:
I wonder how a lineup of Gottlieb wedgeheads and Williams reverse wedgeheads would look if you alternated them?
It's a neat effect.

Does anyone have a picture of this effect?

Bruce

#5177 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is as close as I have Bruce. I took this pic a couple of years ago. The KOD is no longer here now and I only have one regular wedge head left. Flipper.

It's a great effect, Brian. I want to see 3 wedgeheads with 2 reverseheads between them.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And another......

This looks great too.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

I have enough wedgeheads and reverse-wedgeheads to make a wavy row of seven. Will set it up and take photos like that after the restorations.

Can't wait to see photos of this.

Thanks guys,
Bruce

2 weeks later
#5213 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Those of us that spent are youth playing them can tell you all about the letdown when the first solid states arrived in the arcades with their buzzing and beeping and lack of feel that the EMs had. It was like pinball was dying a painful death.

I actually stopped playing them for many years for this reason when the SS machines arrived.

Bruce

#5223 8 years ago

I just played a couple of games on the "Paul Bunyan". It plays very fast and there's always action. My wife likes it the best because of the six flippers, top, middle and bottom. There is something magical about playing a great EM that's tuned to play like new.

In fact, I'm starting a club for this game. Anyone who owns it, has played it, knows about it or is curious about "Paul Bunyan" is welcome.
Bruce

1 week later
#5257 8 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

I've done it for a long time but it's just a hobby.

What did you use to take the picture of the ball on PF?

Bruce

1 month later
#5313 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The tilt or anti-cheat device is one of Harry Williams greatest contributions to pinball.

There is one pinball machine with a cool feature where you can see the tilt bob through a window in the backglass. I can't remember which one but I believe it was a Williams.

Bruce

#5362 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I posted these on another thread, but what a beautiful, amazing machine

Very nice score. Congratulations!

Bruce

#5382 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

If you have original flippers and have interest in preserving them, the second ring is cheap insurance.

Does this apply to Williams flipper games with the rounded top and other manufacturers?

Bruce

#5385 8 years ago

Placing an order then.

Thanks,
Bruce

1 month later
#5525 8 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

North Star joins the line up!

This is a game I would definitely buy someday if I got the chance. Love the artwork.

Bruce

10 months later
#7568 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Here is second pinball painting that my wife just finished.

Looks great! Is it oil?

Bruce

3 months later
#8205 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I have held flyers for most of my machines for some time but struggled as to how best to display them.

How did you make them? Two of them look like they were cut out of wood and painted but Sea Raider looks like framing moulding was cut and joined together to make a frame? Did you have a frame shop do that one?

Bruce

2 weeks later
#8425 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Nothing beats a room full of em's on a rainy day........

Especially EMs that look like new or are restored. These beautiful EMs inspire me and make me want to restore mine!

Bruce

#8517 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

I have to give Bigdaddy1 (Robert) a big thank you here. Just picked this up and plugged her in. 100% out of the box, and it was literally packed in a box. Had to take out about a hundred screws, but it survived perfectly intact from Utah.

Congratulations! That's one game I was tempted to get because I could have picked it up locally but I need to sell a couple of games first. Robert's about 40 minutes drive from me.

I have the Palooka that I got from O-din who got it from Robert. Plays great and is a fun AAB.

Bruce

3 weeks later
#8887 6 years ago
Quoted from Siderails:

Sea Wolf restored after years of neglect in someone's barn.

Beautiful! Is that a NOS or replacement BG?

Can you show photos of the restored playfield for us?

Bruce

#8914 6 years ago
Quoted from njPinWiz:

Here are mine....

Does that KOD have LED lamps in it? It looks like it from the colors.

Bruce

#8977 6 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Since this is the Show Us Your EM Pinball Machines thread

You have a Paul Bunyan!? I don't see many Pinsiders here with that game except for Ryan Claytor and myself.

Mine is a keeper because a friend of mine shopped it for me 20 years ago and it still plays like new! You can see how lively the pop bumpers are in my video here.

Bruce

#8980 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Hey, Bruce. Yours looks quite nice.

Thanks Ryan! You can't see what they look like from the video but my cabinet needs to be repainted (the paint has been flaking off badly) and the coin door/plates de-rusted then it'll look great too!

Bruce

#9033 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

The gameplay doesn't look that exciting to me but has to be about the sweetest backglass art I have seen yet.

What do you consider more exciting gameplay and why?
Paul Bunyan has a lot of non-stop action with the flippers at bottom, middle and top.
(My wife likes it for this reason. She gets bored with some games waiting for the ball to come back down to the flippers as it bounces around the top or middle of the playfield)
The backglass was done by one of my favorite "cartoony character" style pinball artists, Art Stenholm, and is in great condition.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

You're right, though, I wasn't really noticing the cab or coin door.

The cab and coin door were strategically cropped out while filming the video and you can see why from the photos below. I'm hoping to re-paint the cab and de-rust/clean up the coin door/plates this summer so the game will look as good as it plays.

Hurry and get yours playing so you can share your feedback on the gameplay!

Bruce

Cab front (resized).jpgCab front (resized).jpg
Inside coin door (resized).jpgInside coin door (resized).jpg

#9038 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

That coin door will clean up great. Too bad the coin chutes and entry plate are missing.

Quoted from dasvis:

Yeah, the coin door is pretty decent. Give it an Evaporust bath & it should look sweet. The coin door plate should be no problem, but rumor has the coin chutes may be tough to find.

The coin chutes and entry plates were removed in preparation for de-rusting.

I also have new entry plate price plastics from PBR.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Hard to say, the top area looks to be a wasted opportunity though.
Personal preference. Some people like "card game" based pins and they do nothing for me for some reason.

You have the roll under and the A-B-C lanes to shoot for at the top.

Some pin themes like card games and clowns do nothing for me too.

Quoted from Phillips88:

I enjoy playing the machine. It has some tough shots and the A-B-C sequence needs to be completed in order. The game has an entertaining sequence of A-B-C that then trying to hit the target to light the roll under for extra ball and 500 points. It isn't the best machine but definitely enhances the collection and has fantastic art on the backglass!

The bulls-eye targets are very tough to get from the middle flippers.

I would rate Paul Bunyan as a "B" game instead of an "A" game that everyone is seeking but even then I wasn't impressed with some of the A titles that I tried like Cross Town. Each to their own.

Bruce

#9040 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Great - grab yourself a gallon of Evaporust & prepare to be amazed. You will need a plastic container big enough to submerge the coin door & coin entry plate.

I will as soon as I have the time to do this. I just wanted to show Ryan why the cabinet wasn't shown in the video. I promise I'll post photos of the amazing result here when it's done.

Bruce

#9081 6 years ago

It looks great! Very cool theme. Congratulations.

Bruce

2 months later
#9437 6 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

My 26 dollar eBay snipe from November.

Who was the artist? The women look to be the same style as the ones in Big Daddy. Also it looks like the artist was influenced by George Herriman's Krazy Kat style with that flying bug.

Bruce

1 month later
#9557 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffk:

The backglass is glass, not plexi, it has some flaking in the guitar player and the walrus but I think it is OK.

Is this North Star backglass a repro? It looks like the colors weren't lined up correctly when the art was printed on the glass? Maybe it's the angle the photo was taken but look at the lady's lips.

Bruce

2 weeks later
#9629 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I believe some Williams woodrails had this feature as well, but kept the tally on a wheel, similar to the replay counter.

The 1953 Grand Champion has a points counter too. I'm not sure how the points are earned at this time.

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1068&picno=7868

Bruce

3 months later
#10113 6 years ago

Playing a few games on our 1964 Williams PALOOKA before it goes up for sale or trade. Great presence, and fun gameplay with no technical issues but I'm looking for a woodrail or maybe a classic wedgehead to take it's spot someday. Thanks to O-din for giving us the chance to own and enjoy this game!

Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year all.
Bruce

IMG_20171231_212418319 (resized).jpgIMG_20171231_212418319 (resized).jpg

#10115 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

There was one for sale out here in CT a few months ago, sold quick and vanished without trace.

This one may not go as fast here in SLC but we will see.

Bruce

#10139 6 years ago

Dan, sorry to see you go. Try to think positive through it all and embrace life which is too short.

Bruce

#10141 6 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

I can't get over the instruction cards

I think that's a great idea for parties. Win free beers by beating the scores in the instruction card or win a beer for each replay.

Bruce

#10145 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

If that's how you feel about it, I'll bring my own beer!

OK! BYOB pinball parties then!

Bruce

2 weeks later
#10212 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Yes - all round top. Not on flat top.

Ice Revue's flippers appear to be round top same as the SA which has double rubbers on the flippers unless I'm mistaken?

#10232 6 years ago

Beat The Clock looks like a fun game and I think I saw one at the PHOF in Las Vegas last weekend when I went in to look over the games and try playing Atlantis for the first time to see if it's as good as everyone says it is.

#10234 6 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

Soooo what did you think of Atlantis?

One game wasn't enough to get a good sense of what the gameplay is like and, being used to 2 inch flippers, the 3 inch flippers look and feel like baseball bats to me.

1 week later
#10270 6 years ago

Here's our PALOOKA being played before it goes on the market. It's a beautiful game we got from O-din that plays great.

IMG_20180201_193326459 (resized).jpgIMG_20180201_193326459 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10313 6 years ago

Looks good. Is this playfield clear coated even with the paint missing from the sock or are you planning to touch that up?

#10321 6 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

not clear coated, just cleaners up with 2 coats of wax. I am planning on doing the touchups.

Look forward to seeing it when finished. Vid's playfield restoration guide is the best.

#10343 6 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Quoted from dasvis:
Looks great!
Can you post a photo of it lit up?

I was thinking the same thing.

Does it look as good as the original when lit up? The BG resto glasses just don't look the same as the originals when lit up.

#10350 6 years ago

I'm surprised none of the commenters said anything about Ray using the WD-40!

1 month later
#10523 6 years ago

Pretty game and what a drain monster.

#10529 6 years ago
Quoted from bkbirge:

Just arrived today, gorgeous.

Was the cab repainted? The webbing looks pretty heavy.

1 week later
#10660 6 years ago

Steve's a nice guy. I always have my account number ready when I call him and he's helpful with making sure the part numbers are what I need. I remember him from his booth at the Wild West Pinfest in Phoenix in the 90's. (I hope he keeps going into the 90's too)

#10664 6 years ago

My United Utah was sold this morning to make room for an incoming woodrail. It's a lot of fun to play but no schematics makes troubleshooting challenging for an inexperienced tech like me. It went to a local pinballer's mother and father who were excited to get it. (He's hoping they get tired of it someday so he can get it from them lol)

The new woodrail will be revealed here when it arrives.

Bruce

Utah Pinball (resized).jpgUtah Pinball (resized).jpg

#10666 6 years ago

Thanks. Very geometric gameplay. Video of it being played.

#10673 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Before I watched the video, I thought it was a per-flipper machine..
She is a nice looker!

Thanks. It's a fun game.

I enjoyed it more than Palooka because the geometric angles make gameplay interesting.

#10674 6 years ago

Btw, the name (Utah) reportedly came from one of the USS battleships which was named after the state.

#10685 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Quoted from PinballFever:
Btw, the name (Utah) reportedly came from one of the USS battleships which was named after the state.

Interesting. Can you provide a source for this info.? United made quite a few games with state names. Thanks.

It was Craig Smallish in the Facebook woodrail group that I think you're also a member of.

"Interesting fact: United Manufacturing began producing what on the surface appeared to be purely a state series, but was actually an homage to the USS Naval fleet of WWII. Beginning with their conversion games produced during the wartime ban, '42 Midway, '42 Arizona, '43 Santa Fe, '44 Idaho, and '44 Oklahoma. In fact the Arizona back box side panels feature a mast with naval burgee pennants flying."

"One could easily believe the Utah was also named after a famous battleship, however the post war UMC state machines don't have any obvious graphics which could be attributed to their nautical namesakes. That being said, the Utah, Oklahoma, Nevada, all played significant roles during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. Even the Wisconsin was launched on the second anniversary, December 7th of 1943, and Hawaii of course is the location of the famous harbor (all UMC pinball titles). Given these facts, I believe it's too much of a coincidence to think that the post-war machines were not also namesake homages to the WWII ships. As an added note, UMC kept their very military-looking logo until at least 1960."

#10687 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Sounds plausible. Thanks for posting this.

Welcome. I enjoy your historical posts.

2 weeks later
#10745 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

And a royal guard..my 1st pin I purchased years ago..something about the wedge heads.I just love the art, sounds and the nudging

My favorite EM at the PHOF!
It was so much fun trying to hit the moving targets.
I wouldn't pass if one was available locally.

#10753 6 years ago

My grail pin arrived safe & sound. Any guesses what it is?

IMG_20180412_150817596_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20180412_150817596_HDR (resized).jpg

#10755 6 years ago

Nope. Here it is and it's an unmolested beauty.

IMG_20180412_213646535_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180412_213646535_LL (resized).jpg

#10765 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wow, what a beauty. I was wondering what your avatar was from. This explains everything. Love the look of that game. Please post some gameplay video!

Thanks, I love it and it's mine. What a wonderful feeling to own the first pinball I bought as a kid again.

Quoted from jrpinball:

Holy cow! That's a beauty. Didn't you have another one?
Edit: Yes, I see you have them next to each other on the woodrails thread.
I didn't realize it's another one of the pinball/bingo hybrid series that Williams ran.

Yes, it has an almost perfect backglass. Here are the "twins" next to each other.

It's already helped me with finding where things go and what's original for this game. I thought the inserts on the first game were original but someone must've replaced or sanded the inserts because the second game shows the originals.

For example, I found a dangling spring from the coin mechanism on the game and used the other game to find where it hooks up to. It also helps as a reference guide for re-assembling the steppers after cleaning/lubing them.

IMG_20180419_205921671 (resized).jpgIMG_20180419_205921671 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10814 5 years ago

I played just about all the EMs at PHOF yesterday and Royal Guard/Apollo were still the most fun to me.

There were one or two 3" flipper games that I enjoyed the rapid fire scoring and mechanical tactile feedback from similiar to Quickdraw but my favorites are still the 2" flipper games.

Just about all the EMs there played very well as they should. Kudos to Tim for keeping them up.

A word of warning is it's getting warm inside the PHOF now that Vegas is getting hot. My Tshirt was soaked when I left.(No AC that I can tell, just fans all over)

1 month later
#10957 5 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

The Surfers backglass is well-preserved

I like that naughty pelican and the expressions on the backglass characters! Looks like a cool and fun game.

Quoted from pencilneck:

Quoted from JethroP:
Very nice. Did I see you electroplating your own parts?

I did a couple of pieces but turns out just about everything polished out better than my platting efforts.

What kind of electroplating did you try? I'm planning to try galvanizing my parts after cleaning them to prevent rust. (when I'm back from vacation)

1 week later
#10968 5 years ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

Quoted from PinballFever:
What kind of electroplating did you try? I'm planning to try galvanizing my parts after cleaning them to prevent rust. (when I'm back from vacation)

Nickel plating, very much a homebrew effort. There are a lot of YouTube videos on the topic and I feel I could get better results with more prep work, but when it is all said and done, most stuff polished out.

Got it. I think galvanizing would be easier than chrome or nickel plating. At least I'll find out soon.

1 week later
#11003 5 years ago

That horse grabbing the gal's hat cracks me up!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.95
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

£ 37.00
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinballfever.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=pinballfever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.