20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#122 10 years ago

Great thread Rat! Here are two that I have owned and the one that I currently own.

IMG_0837.JPGIMG_0837.JPG IMG_1321.JPGIMG_1321.JPG

#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

Forgot to add these two. My latest acquisitions.

.....and still forgot.....

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

Lol, don't know what happened...uploading from the iPhone...
Giving it another try.

Yeah, I think Robin must be having some major heartburn the last couple days. The site has been acting strange.

Nice pins! This thread makes me want to go find some more EM's......Just so I can post pics!

#156 10 years ago

disappointing that your pic(s) wont post. I wanna see it!!

#160 10 years ago

Aarrgghhhhh! NO PICTURES!!!!

#183 10 years ago

Ok, so you three who wish you had a C37....I would like your opinion. My playfield is near perfect as far as paint goes, but the inserts are faded and cupped. Faded is not such a big deal to me because colored led's can handle that. Cupped however drives me crazy. I can't stand seeing the ball change direction on its way around. So here's the question. Would you like it more or less as a potential buyer if I had the pf surface leveled and cleared? And possible new inserts too.

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Pafasa,
obviously faded and cupped inserts reduce the value of a machine to almost nothing.
Seeing that is the case with yours I will take it off your hands for free as a project player.
--Jeff

No.

#193 10 years ago

"Dirt flipper" said [Just curious - was yours the C37 that popped up on craigslist in NE a few months back? (it was a great deal, and was gone in an instant, IIRC).]

Yes this is that one. I am not the guy who bought it though. I missed the deal by about ten minutes. Sold for $200 to a guy near me. I hopped on a nebraska pinball Facebook forum and started asking who got it. A day or so later, the new owner revealed himself. I congratulated him on the find and offered to help fix it up. Made it clear how much I wanted that game and that it would have a good home with me. We kept in touch and I offered a little advice on repairs. About two months later, he decided to sell it to me. More than $200, but still a good price. I really appreciate the game and his sacrifice to sell it to me. He could have sold it for twice what he let it go to me. Great guy and a new pinball friend.

I like the idea of leveling the inserts. Some are cupped bad enough that the ball will get stuck in them. Only four have printing on them. Maybe five.....can't remember if the special insert is printed.

#205 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

this is for all you C37 wanters

Dude! Really? That's just mean! .........cool though, but mean, but cool!

#208 10 years ago

I think benepinballs in Omaha might have a lead on one. (Eldorado)

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Lots of C37 love here
My favorite EM!
I'm restoring two right now. Here are some playfield shots.

Nice! Did you do any insert replacing?

#245 10 years ago

Should have bought both!

#247 10 years ago

....or that....I guess....

#262 10 years ago

Drooooool!

#269 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK, one more.

So, is it all you had hoped it would be? Worth the wait?

#273 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And then some!

Congratulations!

#321 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

EM's are so beautiful and a lot of fun. They are so foreign to me though that I am scared to own one. Are they harder to work on than a SS/DMD game?

In my opinion, they are easier and just as fun.

#323 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

IMO they are not easier to work on but nothing to be afraid of. Generally very cheap to fix. 90% of the time the problem will be a gummed up stepper switch. Modern pins point you in the right direction, with EMs you need to know where to look.

I see your point. The built in diagnostics are a great help. Something that EM machines don't have. For me though, understanding board level circuitry and troubleshooting is the bigger challenge. I can "see" the entire "circuit board" inside and out with an EM. Things are hidden inside chips on modern machines. This is why EM is easier for me. I work better with the mechanical than the electronic.

#328 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I generally do as well, the mechanical parts of a pinball machine for me are the easy fixes. I just have no idea how the EM's really work inside. Is there a good set of tutorial videos or anything that you guys would suggest when learning about them?

I have learned by trial and error. I'm a "take it apart to see how it works" type.

I subscribe to the pinball ninja blog http://www.pinballninja.com
Go here to donate and gain access. http://pinrepair.com/donate/

I read and often refer back to the EM repair guide written by Clay harrell. http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

These resources plus the heaps of help from experienced EM guys on pinside have really allowed me to understand how my EM machines work.

#330 10 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

Once you go EM you'll never go back

I am finding this more and more true in my pinball life. I'm currently trying to sell ny BK so I can buy two or three EM's around me. Moving back in time!

BTW, Thanks for the compliment, but I am far from a pinball master. Just a guy who really loves this stuff and loves taking the opportunity to help others even more.

#340 10 years ago
Quoted from pbkzo:

Here are some of them. Mostly 50s and 60s.

You mean there's more???

#369 10 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

Better than weasels ripping my flesh, or having a head like a potato.....LOL.

I'm sure I'm missing something here.......

#373 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

He is quoting from song and albums of Frank Zappa. Frank Zappa is the musician featured in my Avatar.

That explains it AND why I didn't get it. Don't know Zappa's music at all. No opinion either way, just never tried it.

#378 10 years ago

Very cool, but why have two identical games set up for play side by side? Just curious...

#380 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

One is an AAB one is not. Lucky Hand vs Jacks Open.

Got it. Which do you enjoy playing more? The Replay or the AAB?

#397 10 years ago

Not mine but one I'm trying to talk a co-worker out of.

// Error: Image 110691 not found //

#402 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Heres another that i did. Playfield cleared and touchedup. Cabinet not so much
--Jeff

Jeff, that's awesome!!!! Jubilee is the first EM I ever opened up. It was also the game that started me and my best friend in the pinball hobby. Read my profile story for more.

#432 10 years ago

They look like gorgeous backboxes to me. Can we see the rest if the machines?

#454 10 years ago

I picked up a golden arrow last night. Moved it to pinball room today. I hope to have time to set it up tonight. The. Ill post a pic if it sitting next to the one made right before it...c37.

#461 10 years ago

Got it lit up and playing! Not in the lineup yet. I have it out in the room so I can service it easier. Playfield is pretty dirty and will take quite a bit to clean. Backglass is very nice! Cabinet is starting to flake. Notice the custom slingshot plastics? I found the originals in the factory envelope tucked under the bottom board. Schematics and install manual and many score cards and replay cards too! Left original sling plastic is broken across the top hole. Right one is good. Upper right plastic is broken too. Not bad though for $175.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#481 10 years ago
Quoted from GrandPrix:

Good looking machine. IMO $175 is a steal! Congrats.

I agree. Thanks to Rat for starting this thread!

Following this thread motivated me to go after this pin. I am looking forward to cleaning it up and playing a bunch. Now I have two Wedgeheads and two early SS Williams AND I have a third wedge in my sights. Sweet Hearts! It is in bad shape. Playfield glass is broken and game has been sitting in a garage/shed for years. Lots of dirt and flying bugs been in there. The backglass is about 1/3 gone as best as I can tell. I am going to ramp up my efforts on the owner and see what I can accomplish. I'm thinking of offering $50 because I know what I'll have to put into it just to get it to play again!

2 weeks later
#503 10 years ago

Hey ShameGov!, I'm pretty close to you and would love to help out if you need some tech advice. I have a couple wedgeheads and love them! Congrats on the game. Hope to hear from you soon!

1 week later
#538 10 years ago

I'm getting the itch again! On the prowl for another EM. Thanks Rat!

4 weeks later
#656 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I love the wood paneling

I like the pingulp on the EM.

#662 10 years ago
Quoted from PinHill:

1963 Gottlieb Square Head.

Nobody got this!?!?!

A Wedgehead called Square Head?

I amaze me!

#663 10 years ago

Do you suppose Williams had a game called "Reverse Square Head"?

Somebody stop me!

#665 10 years ago

The guy getting bashed on the head kinda looks like Miley Cyrus.

th.jpgth.jpg

#669 10 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I wouldn't mind getting it from him just because of the environment it is in and the condition it will fall into if it stays there.

There are two pins around me that I feel the need to rescue but can't seem to get the owners to part with them. Even though they will probably still sit and rot in storage.

Hmmmmm...

1 week later
#771 10 years ago
Quoted from Skybug:

Around the same time I discovered Pinside, and decided to launch into a new hobby, confident that my questions would be answered by someone on this forum.
And boy was I pleasantly surprised!!

That was a fun time. I was just discovering pinside at that time too. What a fun introduction time that was. I am glad to hear you are considering another game, or two, or three.....

#788 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

pafasa is one of the prime "enablers" around here... him, ken, stashyboy, pin-it, o-din and intopinball (amoungst others) are why my wallet is thin these days...

Thanks Chris. Like I tell my wife, there are much worse addictions I could be spending my money on.

Just found a '67 Bally Rocket III today. I hope to make it mine soon!!

Does this qualify as "enabling" myself?

#799 10 years ago

Hope I can make it work. Zipper flippers, ball return gate in right outlane, ball kickback in left outlane, light box planet animation! Looks really cool! Definitely a shooters game.

Do you have any experience with one?

I also bought a Paragon recently too. Hope the owner of the rocket will let it go.

#802 10 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. I have crashed into life pretty hard the past few months and have not been able to contribute as much as I would like to. Hopefully I can rejoin the pinball world both here and with my friends at home soon. Too bad a person can't make money by posting on pinside! O-din, you'd be a millionaire!!

#811 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

only from playing it a LOT in a bowling alley back in the day... one of 2 ballys on my wish list though...
you can make it work...

I shall do my best! If I get it, I'll make a video of gameplay just for you!

#815 10 years ago

Very cool, Congrats!

Hoping to get this game and restore it, but the owner seems pretty firm on her too-high pricetag. It does not work (motorized reset bank runs constantly), Playfield is pretty badly worn, glass is broken but nicely duct taped! Owner bought it years ago as an "investment" spent $200 then and wants a return on her investment now. I live 75 miles away from it and can't be sure if I could even repair the reset bank. There are obsolete/unavailable parts on that unit that could be broken. I will stay in touch with them and hopefully make a deal at a fair price for each of us someday. My fair price would be no more than $100 given its condition and distance and the unknown of the reset bank problem. What do you guys think?

IMG_2444.JPGIMG_2444.JPG

#819 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Look up Brian Saunders over on rgp. He is the Bally guru. I know on Gottliebs you can always part a game out for at least a couple hundred if your game is unrestorable. Someone over on rgp recently said they parted a Gottlieb em and kept something they needed and still made over $400. Not sure about parting out Bally's though. I'd think $200 would be fair for that title but not much more unless this is a game you really like and are going to keep and not sell.

I'm not necessarily looking to flip the game. I like to buy and fix and play and see......

If I like it, Great! If I don't, then I dont want to be too upside down on it. I think to resell this game would take quite a bit. Doubt I'd be able to even move it with the playfield as is. If I could buy it cheap enough, it would be great as my first playfield restore project. Otherwise I am not interested.

Looks like a really fun game though. AAARRRGGGhhhhhhhh!!!

#822 10 years ago

Um. Would you believe I found a playfield? It is not perfect but WAYYYY better than this one. $100 gets it for me. Now I feel better about the game. I may pursue it further and bump my price up a bit.

#824 10 years ago

No and I don't have a ticket oak either. We shall see!

#838 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yea gonna... i can hang it on the wall until either i need it or one of "the gang" does...

Hope you find it. I'm out.

Pics of my abra cadabra coming soon.

#853 10 years ago

Triple Action appears to have the widest out lanes I have ever seen. I would hope it is set for a minimum of 5 balls, per play.
Seeing some older games here on this Topic is great. Keep posting pictures. Thanks.

Not so fast my friend!!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#858 10 years ago

I dont know for sure on the left gate. It never made sense to me.

1 week later
#867 10 years ago

RAT!!! where did you go? How have you been? I definitely noticed your absence and am glad to see you back. Got me an ACD while you were gone. Still in transit (sort of) but I own it! Really looking forward to playing.

#871 10 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

^^^ cool..i'm picking up a real nice, non running one this saturday!

Congrats! I hear nice EM's are fairly hard to find for a reasonable price Down Under.

2 weeks later
#961 10 years ago

Congrats on the new sweet hearts! Look what I got! More pics to come soon.

All three in the back of my grand caravan!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-383.jpgimage-383.jpg image-914.jpgimage-914.jpg image-527.jpgimage-527.jpg image-673.jpgimage-673.jpg
#964 10 years ago

The abra cabinet has been "touched up" maroon color was painted by hand with a brush. Backglass is more than top notch. It really is perfect. There is a little burn marks on the back where the score reel lites are. No flaking and bright vibrant colors. Funny because about three weeks ago I pulled the trigger on a new repro from bgresto. The fireman picked it up for me at expo. I'll see it tomorrow.

#974 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Nice score! Like the custom tie-down strap container.

Trick-or-Treat!!

#976 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I just joined the C-37 club this weekend............

C-37 017.jpg 875 KB

C-37 015.jpg 871 KB

C-37 005.jpg 940 KB

C-37 002.jpg 829 KB

C-37 007.jpg 929 KB

C-37 008.jpg 936 KB

Welcome to the club!

Safest way to hit that lower bullseye target is backhand. Don't let the Open Elbow get you when trying to cradle on the right flipper though.

#978 10 years ago

The fireman is my best friend. Close to 20 years. Wish I could have gone to Expo this year. He and I made the previous two years together but I screwed up this year and used up too much of my vacation time from work. Next year will be different. I'll be there.

Don't think I know John Fetters unless I know him through pinside under a different name.

Greg picked up a couple backglasses for me from Steve Azzam of BGRESTO.COM.

One C37 and one ACD. I'll see them tonight and get pics. The cool thing is the fact that the glass is perfect on the ACD i just picked up yesterday. Some side by side pics of those two glasses will be pretty neat. I'll post them here.

#980 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Cool. I get my Abra back I sold to a guy eight years ago this winter sometime when I can get a game shopped to trade him.

I may have an extra glass if you end up needing it.

#984 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I posted my C37 playfield resto way back in this thread.
Over the last week, I spent some time freshening up the cabinet. I had some badly faded pinks.
Here are some shots of my progress.
Hopefully this will all be buttoned up within the next week. Playfield re-assembly starts today.

Looks really good. So you just hit the pink and yellow again. Left the base oat alone?

How did you prep the surface for the paint? Care to share the paint colors you chose?

IMG_4873.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4875.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4874.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4905.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4907.JPG 3 MB

#988 10 years ago

Check these out. I didn't think I would like captain fantastic but the more I study this backglass, the more I think I'll like the game.

image-389.jpgimage-389.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg
#990 10 years ago

Thanks for sharing Drano! Searching now for my own plutonium. I wonder if Michael J. Fox has any left???

#991 10 years ago

Drano, did you buy a set of spray caps or did the can come with one? What cap did you use?

#994 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's hard to tell from the pic, but it looks like you may have one of those rare x-rated glasses without the extra stars. hard to tell when I zoom in. I'm not really sure x-rated was appropriate. I'd give it a GP rating.

Wonder how I can research this. I wasn't aware that there were larger or smaller stars. Just thought the stars were added after the fact to "cover up" some inappropriate images. Hmmmm.....

#996 10 years ago

Yup! Starred version. Thanks for the help AlexF.

#1003 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not larger or smaller, just more to cover up a few things that the Bally brass weren't too impressed with. The story goes that Dave Christensen had a habit of pushing the envelope and sneaking little subtleties in on his artwork that usually went unnoticed until the machine was in production, but this time they caught on early.
A friend of mine was collecting his artwork for a while, which is how I ended up with several of his machines. He did however hang on to his rare x-rated back glass though.
I still have two of Dave Christensen's machines that are my favorites of his- Fireball and Bon Voyage, which has quite a few subtleties of it's own.

Just listened to the TOPCast episode with Dave Christensen on Sunday. Vary interesting interview. Clay really did a nice job with that Internet radio show.

Just opened up my new BGResto ACD glass. Sitting side by side with the original I just acquired this sunday. I have just decided that Steve will do all my glass reproductions from now on! Beautiful work!

image-978.jpgimage-978.jpg image-632.jpgimage-632.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image-276.jpgimage-276.jpg image-951.jpgimage-951.jpg image-631.jpgimage-631.jpg
#1006 10 years ago

I added pics to my post above. What are your opinions?

#1010 10 years ago

I will post lit comparisons as soon as I can. The game is broken down in the garage for now.

He made a custom mask for me. Notice the three bubbles closest to the edge of the glass? I will be able to light those too.

#1012 10 years ago

I want to make the bubbles light up with colorchanger LEDs. Either for GI or possibly as a 100,000 indicator.

#1014 10 years ago

I wanted it to be more of a stealth mod. At first I just thought it would be cool to GI lite up the bubbles that were not masked from the factory. Obviously Gottlieb changed their lighting plan after the backglasses were made. Since I was going to go through the trouble of lighting the three or four unlit bubbles, why not make it so I could lite all of them. Then I saw a discussion about ACD and ended up reading a common complaint about it. There is no 100k light! I could kill two birds with one stone now!. I need to figure out how to get it wired up so it will light up as the reels roll over and it would also be cool to have them light up in game over mode.

I think I will put red lights behind the monster's eyes and (wouldnt it be cool if they could fade between bright and dim?), warm white in all the other lit areas except for the bubbles of course which will have color changers or perhaps blinkers! that might look like popping bubbles.

#1016 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I think you'll find that you'll rarely reach 100K on an Abra. The scoring's not really set up for that.

This makes the mod even cooler then. Doesn't it?

What a cool reward to see when you do have that one awesome game! Not that I expect to ever have an awesome game, but every now and then.....!! I'm getting better I hope.

#1018 10 years ago

When I bought my C37, somehow I had it in my head that it was the last Gottlieb Wedgehead, Then I bought Golden Arrow and looked at the date.....Hmmm

I know I read something somewhere about C37 being the last something. Anyone know or am I just smoking something I shouldn't be?

#1021 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Last wedge head with back glass animation?

OK!

Any other ideas?

Thanks for not calling me crazy, by the way.

#1024 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

On my Abra Ca Dabra, I will reach a score over 100,000 approximately every 10 games or so.

Glass on?

Totally doing this mod. Dont know when, but I think I'll contact boilerman for help. He made it sound pretty simple.

#1030 10 years ago

So, I read the description on pinrepair.com of C37 and Clay talks about the thermometer as a bonus unit that counts the bonus down at the end of the game. This doesn't seem accurate to me. I see it as more of a progress indicator showing how close you are to lighting the special. Have I been missing some bonus function on my game? Is there a repair I need to make? My thermometer does not reset until I start a new game. In addition, it does not have a step down coil, just a reset coil.

http://www.pinrepair.com/gtb/cent37.htm

#1031 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

With the glass off and using the illegal hand save in the outlane.

Gives a whole new meaning to "backhand".

#1034 10 years ago

I'll show lit pics as soon as I can.

You are right on the blue and if you look at the flame, there is a bit of a difference too. Neither concern me as the quality of the reds and purple is so nice. Those are what I see either peeled or faded on many original glasses. The first thing I look at on an ACD backglass is the "M" of the wizards lapel and the purple of his robe. Next is the white of the eyes of the monster and in the title of the game. Those tend to be a bit flaky too.

#1036 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

No, that's not correct at all. The thermometer advances (steps up) to the top to light the kickout hole for special, and only resets at the start of a game (which is a bugger to get to work reliably when fully advanced or close to it; it only gets one switch close pulse to accomplish it).

Thats what I thought.

Mine works great by the way. It did not when I got it, but all it took was a complete disassemble, clean (including inside the holes of the plastic roller guides), lube everything that moves very lightly with superlube gel (including the pins that the plastic roller guides ride on), and reassemble. Resets like a charm every time.

Until I fixed it, I would only play one game in a session. After that game, I'd start another game to get the thermometer reset coil to fire and then turn the game off and walk away. A few hours later, the thermometer was down and ready for another game. Not ideal. This didn't last long.

2 weeks later
#1112 10 years ago

Duck dynasty edition!!

#1114 10 years ago

I have already shown some pics of my Golden Arrow. Now for a shiny fresh video or two.

Still a little work to do on the playfield switches and I havent even touched the backbox mechs yet. This one is going to be really nice!! The cabinet is the sore spot. Pretty flaky on the paint. I may do a repaint.

#1119 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Where do you guys get the stencils to do those awesome EM cabinet repaints?
Or do you trace what is left and make your own somehow?

I measure the cabinet dimensions. Photo the cabinet as straight on as possible and from a good distance to avoid lens distortion. Then I create a line drawing of the cabinet based on the dimensions I measured. I do the drawing in Illustrator. Then I place the photo into the illustrator document and size it to fit the cabinet drawing. There is a little stretching at the corners to do because of the lens distortion. Once I have the image where I want it, I take some virtual measurements of key points of the design and compare them to the cabinet itself. If they are pretty close, I leave it alone, otherwise there is some more stretching and fitting to do. Once it is all sized and aligned right, I create a drawing over the photo of each color. Put them in separate layers and now I have all my colors ready to make stencils. A plotter cuts these drawings out on paint mask film. Cool!

I really want to do a repaint on Golden Arrow, but I really really want to play it for a while first!

#1120 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Wish I could watch YouTube at work.

I wish I could have some success on the mask I'm working on for you!

#1125 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I had no idea Golden Arrow had one of those big 1960's 100 point gong type bells in the back. Pretty sweet!

The bell is actually mounted in the lower cabinet on the left side. It gongs for what I consider an EM Jackpot shot. 10,000 points! Not many EM games have a shot worth that!

#1127 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I have never heard of any 70's machines with a big 50's / 60's bell. So at first I thought you had bells hooked up instead of the typical xylophone chimes. I like it!

How bad do you want it? I'll meet you in KC with it.

#1130 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I had to keep the wife happy.

Very Important!

#1159 10 years ago

"SOAP POISONING!!"

NOoooooooo!!!

#1176 10 years ago

Rat, that playfield looks amazing! THe colors are so bright and I cant see any swirl marks. Very nice.

Did you do any cleanup or is this how you got it?

#1180 10 years ago

I like the contact adjuster that pinballlife.com sells. It has a 90 degree adjuster on one end and a 45 degree adjuster on the other end. I have yet to find a switch I cant get at!

They don't beep or anything, so you will still be able to lose it just as easily. BUT! You won't have to call Steve and explain why you need to order more.

#1186 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Yup everything is working with the exception of one socket on one of the 1 point roll over buttons. I will figure it out today. I am having too much fun playing it right now.

Glad you are having fun. I know how you feel!

Stuff yet to be fixed, but it doesn't really matter right now.

#1194 10 years ago

Pretty cool! Nice collection hiding behind the Slick Chick too!

#1208 10 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

My first EM. I think I'm smitten!

100_3042.JPG 499 KB

100_3045.JPG 564 KB

100_3044.JPG 660 KB

100_3052.JPG 260 KB

100_3053.JPG 281 KB

100_3046.JPG 658 KB

100_3055.JPG 648 KB

100_3059.JPG 556 KB

100_3060.JPG 530 KB

Welcome to the EM club! It's much more fun here and there is a lot less drama. Great looking machine by the way!

#1255 10 years ago

I think we all do.....

#1257 10 years ago

^^^^^ this explains a lot.

#1282 10 years ago

Hate to do this guys, but look what I just brought on today! Sadly, it's not mine but I will have it here for a while. As long as it takes me to shine it up and play it for a while.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-867.jpgimage-867.jpg image-409.jpgimage-409.jpg image-939.jpgimage-939.jpg image-553.jpgimage-553.jpg image-975.jpgimage-975.jpg image-752.jpgimage-752.jpg image-279.jpgimage-279.jpg
#1284 10 years ago

Oh the carnage!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-968.jpgimage-968.jpg
#1287 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Ron Webb has a nice Sweet Hearts repro backglass available (good price, shipping included too).

Good to know! I think the rest of this machine will shine up nice. I bet the owner will end up wanting it. What do you think the price is?

#1329 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I just got a sweet hearts, it is in great shape. It has been on my list for quite a while
that one looks to have some wear in the pb area but other that that the pf should clean up nice, is the cabinet repaint like the head?
as far as music goes i always licked the vinyl pops and clicks, i have digital music but listen to vinyl when i really want to listen and enjoy the tunes. i still search garage sales and flea markets for good old vinyl
a good player is a must

It's the one I found for you a while back. The cabinet repaint is like the original art but not done very well. I'll post more in a new thread.

#1336 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mine is more of a playing criteria. If I only had one style from one manufacture, then I would be missing out on some great machines, and my collection would not be very well rounded. My acquisition of Big Daddy has re-affirmed my position on that.

#1404 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Double vision...
(One to keep, and one to toss back into the pond.)

Just more projects though.

2013Nov26 003.JPG 223 KB

2013Nov26 004.JPG 230 KB

You know Dirt, we don't really live that far apart. What happens to the unwanted Atlantis?

#1429 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Just picked up my first EM TODAY and I'm here to join the club!!!

I'm well aware that this is not the highest regarded EM, but my wife and I really enjoyed playing this title when we visited Klassic Arcade in Gobles, MI (http://www.klassicarcade.com/) a few months back.

If you're not familiar with it, the main feature on this machine is a newton’s cradle captive ball unit.

When you hit the ball on the bottom, the top one pops over to the other side. Move all 5 balls to the designated side and you are rewarded with an extra ball. We felt like the real fun was playing with two players, because the side you’re shifting the balls toward for your extra ball changes for each player, so you can HINDER the other person’s game! Ha-ha!
To add to the challenge, there are no in-lanes, but kick-out saucers at the base of your flippers (SO NO CRADLING!), which keeps the pace of the game pretty active!

Anyhow, just wanted to share my excitement. I've been pouring over this thread for the past couple weeks and proud to finally join it!
Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

claytorJubilee2.jpg 73 KB

claytorJubilee.jpg 74 KB

claytorJubileeUp.jpg 68 KB

claytorJubileeCaptive.jpg 77 KB

claytorJubileePF.jpg 84 KB

Welcome to the bright side of pinball! My first pinball machine was Jubilee also. Well, it wasn't exactly my machine but it was the first game my best friend got and it is what started me off in this hobby! Good memories!

#1461 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

That feels better. Thanks for reading this.

I didn't read it.

#1469 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I also like doing this. I also like taking all the metal bits under the apron and the metal piece that holds the glass, and having them re-chromed. Just like the way the light hits and reflects. Not really bling just makes them pop. Only worth doing if keeping for a while, as most people wouldn't notice really.
This is the CC metal piece at the back - re- chromed.

IMG_7251.JPG 166 KB

What do you usually spend on re-chroming?

#1504 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Um.. spiral nails?

Yeah, the nails you pull out should be spiral shafted. You can reuse them or buy new from PBR. Don't use any adhesives.

Notice a common theme here? PBR, PBR, PBR. EM machines and PBR go together very well.

#1506 10 years ago

They are actually pretty easy to get out once you get them started. "Unscrew" them by grabbing the head with a pliers. Of course you will want new ones because you might chew up the heads.

http://pbresource.com/tools.html

GTB-FA-701

About 3/4 down the page in the "Commonly Requested Tools Box Parts" section.

#1517 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I just got it for a good price, works needs a good shop job
i am not into multi players so i will pass it along to a pinsider for a good price or trade for a wedgehead/project

Very cool of you! I wish I were closer.

#1525 10 years ago

I'll post more pics of the big daddy I got in the morning.

#1537 10 years ago

Here are the pics of the Big Daddy I promised. These are what the previous owner sent me. What do you think? Anyone here have a Big Daddy Schematic?

IMG_3480.JPGIMG_3480.JPG
IMG_3481.JPGIMG_3481.JPG
IMG_3482.JPGIMG_3482.JPG
IMG_3483.JPGIMG_3483.JPG
IMG_3484.JPGIMG_3484.JPG
IMG_3485.JPGIMG_3485.JPG
IMG_3486.JPGIMG_3486.JPG
IMG_3487.JPGIMG_3487.JPG
IMG_3488.JPGIMG_3488.JPG
IMG_3489.JPGIMG_3489.JPG
IMG_3490.JPGIMG_3490.JPG

#1546 10 years ago
Quoted from popeboy:

I'm checking all my CL and Ebay feeds daily, so you know it's all downhill from here

Yeah! You're full in now!

#1566 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Never leave a pin behind?

I think George Bush started that policy?

No Pins Left Behind

#1609 10 years ago
Quoted from Munster:

Just made it through this thread, so much awesomeness!

Quoted from Arcade:

Great. Now start posting photos.

Yeah!!! Show is your EM pinball machines!!

3 weeks later
#1767 10 years ago

Nice! Thanks for sharing. I have Family in Denver. Can I come play your Klondike next time I'm in the area?

#1777 10 years ago

Hey Guys, here is a shameless plug for a new thread I have started. I hope it will become a useful picture guide for rating pinball condition. Take a look and tell me what you think!

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/picture-guide-to-condition-ratings-your-input-please#post-1362578

#1809 10 years ago

All I can see is the fireball hiding in the garage! I guess the KOD is nice too.

#1823 10 years ago

I came across a jubilee in the wild a couple weeks back. It was out of order and I didn't get to play it. It looked good except for the BG. Thought about you and your project.

#1833 10 years ago
Quoted from Tyamry:

Here are a few of my EM's. My Evel Knievel EM will go next to the Mata Hari EM when the playfield swap is done. Mata Hari just had a CPR playfield installed in it.

photo-7.JPG 144 KB

Wow! Where are you? Can I come play?? Please?

Looks like all you collect is Unobtanium Machines. Do you have an EM Sinbad too?

#1846 10 years ago

I never see Sonic machines come up around me. Mars Trek looks pretty fun.

#1873 10 years ago

I haven't seen the shooter lane guides until this thread. Would it make sense to scan one in and get some cut? Does anyone here have one off a playfield? Seems like it would be pretty easy to do. Would be neat to hear your opinions. Would you add this to your games with flat shooter lanes?

#1891 10 years ago

Curious.....why would ops 'erase' serial numbers?

#1960 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is an optical delusion.

You have that wrong. It is "optical contusion"

#1961 10 years ago
Quoted from damo666:

heres my new project stored for 19 years in a croft in the middle of nowhere!!
Think ill struggle to get a backglass!!!

set up at home

only thing working kick out holes and these 3 lights!!!

IMG_3261.JPG 175 KB

IMG_3263.JPG 174 KB

IMG_3265.JPG 243 KB

IMG_3266.JPG 176 KB

IMG_3294.JPG 154 KB

IMG_3296.JPG 63 KB

Very cool!

I'd contact BGResto.com and have him make you a replacement glass. Yours looks good enough to give Steve a good start at recreating the art.

2 weeks later
#2109 10 years ago

Very nice Ken! Oh look! A Klondike!

1 month later
#2267 10 years ago

I finally picked up my ACD and Big Daddy today.

Pics of the ACD for now. Kinda bummed about the condition of the bottom of the cabinet, but I should be able to fix that up secure. Check out the strange webbing on the backbox. Pics of Big Daddy to come

image.jpgimage.jpg
image-262.jpgimage-262.jpg
image-50.jpgimage-50.jpg
image-421.jpgimage-421.jpg
image-447.jpgimage-447.jpg
image-887.jpgimage-887.jpg
image-996.jpgimage-996.jpg
image-257.jpgimage-257.jpg
image-773.jpgimage-773.jpg
image-236.jpgimage-236.jpg

#2285 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well?

th-644.jpeg 15 KB

Somehow, I had a feeling you looked like that!

#2294 10 years ago

Ken, that looks awesome! Very nice work. I am on the hunt for another Klondike. I found one in KC but I have lost contact with the guy. Wish me luck.

If dan looks anything like the pics in his avatar, I doubt he could actually comb his hair, no matter how shiny the mirror/coin-door.

#2317 10 years ago

Polonius, whats with the center channel speaker on top of 2001? Is that some kind of sound upgrade? Microphone inside the head with an amp to the speaker to make the bells even louder?

#2322 10 years ago
Quoted from Polonius:

Haha! That's hilarious - actually, you'd just have to take the back cover off to get a good volume increase. The speaker is just an extra one I had kicking around. I've got an amp and cheap sub under the pins for some arcade room tunes.

I cant tell for sure from the pic, but is that a Paradigm Cinema Center?

2 weeks later
#2464 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Now if we could only get the EM Tech sub-forum moved under here too, life would be grand.
Could just have an EM Arcade Game sub-forum. Lots of neat vintage EM games out there.

Id want to be careful not to segregate too much. I think it is nice when someone not necessarily into EM comes across our musings and slowly wanders over here. I used to think EM pins were boring and all I wanted was SS or newer in my collection. Now I am leaning more toward the EM side and probably would be happy with nothin but EM pins if it came down to it. The community of EM guys here is a big part of that attitude. I surely would not have made the change if not for my experience here on pinside. Nothing against SS and newer games. But now I feel I have "seen the light" as another pinsider recently said.

#2468 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I only meant as underneath "Electro-Mechanical". Not sure why there's only "EM Hangout" underneath "Electro-Mechanical", with no other peer sub-forum to it. Several ways the topics can be organized though.

I agree. I have noticed that too. I don't really mind though. I know where you guys are. To be honest, I rarely look at the main forum page. I spend 99% of my pinside time in the EM hangout. Just don't have much interest in anything else.

#2469 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Single player wedgies huh.....?

Martin-Palermo-wedgies-hi-007.jp... 21 KB

Isn't that how we all celebrate our successes? I know I do!! I'm still walking a little funny after finding the last bug in that Sweet Hearts!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 24.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pafasa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=pafasa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.