20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manitouguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#137 10 years ago

mine is waiting to be picked up and come full cross country ...!

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Jasonsmith...Cool game. I would love to have that game next to a 74 Gottlieb Skyjump even though I am not a skydiver, because I just love the theme.

rat that is exactly what I had done before I passed sky divers on to Jason

it looked great set up beside my sky jump!! - and it is a really cool game / rule set - pretty advanced for '64 in my opinion with a very dynamic and challenging playfield

cheers, Ron

#209 10 years ago

I have one on the way from bene ... unless you mean he has a lead on another?

1 week later
#336 10 years ago

black gold!!! very nice!!!

#338 10 years ago

wow!!! brilliant!

#384 10 years ago

i'm a replay buy all the way too

well put rat - the lure of the special and trying to rack up credits on the one player wedges is what keeps me coming back to them

cheers, ron

#409 10 years ago

ok i'll try a few of one I have been 'dialing in' and others here are the forum have been guiding me on and schooling me some!! thanks guys!!

such a fun game - I have it set on 5 ball, all con (hardest) post positions and spin n spot and it is a real blast!

gotta love the pink skull and cross bones when 'game over'!

buccaneer3.JPGbuccaneer3.JPG buccaneer2.JPGbuccaneer2.JPG buccaneer5.JPGbuccaneer5.JPG

#410 10 years ago

hey, I see my '3' light on the ships wheel has a 'lazy' socket!!

#412 10 years ago

Darcy - sorry for the stupid question ... how do you switch Solar City from Replay to AAB?? was it an option on multiplayer gottliebs in the mid to late '70s??

regards, Ron

#452 10 years ago

here is a pic with my beautiful new Eldorado in part of the lineup

wedges.JPGwedges.JPG

3 weeks later
#520 10 years ago

beautiful Gemini!!! lucky boy!

regards, Ron

1 month later
#743 10 years ago

a family locally here has that skill roll too, it is pretty cool

if I recall you turn knobs on each row to tilt the 'ramps' to roll your ball along and down from level to level ...

2 weeks later
#863 10 years ago

awesome lineup Jason!!

2 weeks later
#939 10 years ago

love the lighting on mystic marvel ...!!!

1 week later
#967 10 years ago

hoov, welcome aboard ... really nice c37!!

and I've always liked the glass and plastics art on the snow derby (would be a nice partner with funland I've always thought)

#970 10 years ago

I think there is at least one vid on you tube if I recall

2 weeks later
#1110 10 years ago

i love my spin out

still have yet to get all the roto targets lit first, then the 4 last ... to get the infamous 4 specials klackety klack all in one go !! but always keeps me coming back - plays nice and fast and in the dark lit up the colors are really pretty too

2 weeks later
#1288 10 years ago

I think his backglasses are about 225 if I recall ... but beautiful!

1 month later
#1719 10 years ago

nice stuff all!! and happy holidays

Darcy - i just fired up my strange world

i must be rusty .... but man i love how the 'special' only comes on intermittentantly too

i think mine has about the same plays and was a huo too

that surfers is neat as well

#1731 10 years ago

MikeO - like Darcy i too have a strange world - mine also has about 64,000 plays but never left the first owners home .. until i found it

thats alot of pinball in the basement over 40 years !!!

cheers, Ron

#1751 10 years ago

Mike, yes indeed

mine has a good story

the guy i bought my sw from locally is well in his 90s

he was one of the first video game distributors here back in the day

he told me he fell into some financial trouble in the late 70s so asked his accountant to help bail him out

the accountant did and as he was leaving the gents office commented on how it sure would be nice to have a pinball machine like the ones he saw being prepped for delivery

next day he received the in box strange world at his house ... it went in the basement and stayed there until very recently when he called up the distributor and asked him to come collect it as he wanted it out of the basement!!

i don't think it was ever cleaned till i got it (but it cleaned up really nice ... zero wear except for a tiny wear mark at kick out... but having learned my lesson on my c37 where i got too aggressive with alcohol and magic eraser here i decided to leave the center inserts area well enough alone .. for now !!

amazing how white the cabinet is compared to my other wedgeheads, which had been out on routes .. they looked white to me but now they look really yellow beside it

but back to your point .. yes alot of pinball plays .. on approx 40 years x 356 days = 14240 days ... call it 66,000 / 14240 = approx 4.6 plays per day average .. or something like that .. did i get that right?

no matter, just another great pin story, like Darcy's - and really all that matters is it survived and i was fortunate enough to have a chance to pick it up so i and others will be able to enjoy this less common game too

now if i could just find a replacement plastic for one of mine that has a chip in it ... i wouldn't have to remake that one !

cheers, Ron

#1757 10 years ago

Mike O. that is AWESOME!!!!

I need the large one with the 5 eyes !
B-17954 big one on left with five eyes on it. - split near bottom hole but all there.

i didn't think i would find one, and darcy had scanned his to help me try to redo a repro, but yes please if you are williing i will gladly take yours - send me a private message and we can work out details - if you have a c37 that needs a pretty new ribbon let me know ... i had my mom make some up that are near identical to the originals and i think i have one extra left too

man the guys here are awesome !!

very exciting

cheers, Ron

2 months later
#2269 10 years ago

looking forward to seeing your abra clean up Dane!

yes the back of cabs on those bust up pretty easy ... mine has some damage too as do most

interesting that the webbing is 'heavier' .. i had not seen that on some

great game - have fun with it!

cheers, Ron

1 week later
#2315 10 years ago

a couple of nice wedge heads there Polonius ... good show!

cheers, Ron

1 month later
#2601 10 years ago

Really nice work Adam! thanks for posting - cheers, Ron

1 month later
#2733 9 years ago

aaaaaghh i would love an Astro!!!

good show!

3 weeks later
#2877 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I agree Chris and I vote we put manitouguy (Ron) on the job!

you guys are trying to get me onto another project hey ...

now if someone would just help me find my other 'want' list machines i might just be persuaded

i was tempted to pick up an astro but it had been cleared, i LOVE the robot art on the backglass ...

funny, i too was thinking the same on its cabinet art ... all rigth i will add that to my 'to do' list as i already have some ideas for that !!

#2898 9 years ago

good luck Darcy ... where is a pick of the playfield wear ... that we could maybe rectify nicely with a decal or two ??

#2939 9 years ago

yes darcy - white box in piano is for the 100 000

i like sure shot because it is the only gb wedge head i have that has an end of ball bonus, up to 15k i think (1k for each lit ball in rack if i am not mistaken)

regards, Ron

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2951 9 years ago

wow dan!!! beautiful line up and wonderful photos !!

this is a great thread

3 weeks later
#2987 9 years ago

here is a teaser peek of my latest ... finally !! !!

atlantis3.JPGatlantis3.JPG

until my pbr goodies arrived i had no idea how the plastics had faded (and i thought they looked really pretty till i saw the new ones !!)

now who has a good tip for getting acorns nicely to seat on the posts above the plastics (mine came with the white rubber stoppers - a breeze to take on and off, but i like the acorns .. just having a heck of a time getting some new ones down on the posts!)

cheers, Ron

#2991 9 years ago

my atlantis caps were off as i was waiting on new clear mylars to replace the old grungy ones

the original caps are back on

as for the bounty hunter caps - they too are correct nos decals and caps - bh is my only non em, it needed a couple new caps as the ones i had had broken tabs

1 month later
#3056 9 years ago

having most of the games mentioned by Dirtflipper .. totally agree on Abra, great game and stays challenging too .. but i do love my Atlantis, El Dorado and C37 i doubt any will be leaving any time soon

#3058 9 years ago
Quoted from ahanson:

Abra on the other hand looks like a much simpler game until you play it.

i like that description of Abra ! well put

3 weeks later
#3109 9 years ago

very nice!! way to go Adam!
hope all is well, Ron

#3144 9 years ago

here are a few of mine ... err ... shall i call this my 'game room'!!

space is very limited in my apt so i 'rotate' through the games, changing them up every couple of months

not sure if setting the heads on top (pushes down the coin return buttons - but i don't use those anyhow) is hard on the buttons or not .. but i need the room and it looks cool as 'wall art'

oh dear.JPGoh dear.JPG

i see my hallway is a mess ... trying to make room for the soon arrival of jack n jill too .. yikes!

cheers, Ron

#3150 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

Awesome collection, I second removing the couch!

... yikes, you should see the bedroom ...

no couch must stay! but i did move it to other room one night to set up a full line up of wedge heads which was pretty neat to see

1 month later
#3236 9 years ago

i love my sky jump
set its pf posts to most challenging and its a beast

1 month later
#3395 9 years ago

yes very nice surprise on your spinout!! brings back fond memories of my brother and i surprising our dad with a spin out a couple decades ago - i now have it and it is a GREAT game

reminds me i need to finish up some decals for myself and others to cover over the kick out hole wear!! i better get that and some other projects done!!

cheers,Ron

1 year later
#6403 7 years ago

I'm finally completing a number of my decal projects - let's see a close up or two of the targets

#6406 7 years ago

Are the other sides the same?

2 weeks later
#6567 7 years ago

That is one I've really wanted to do a mod 'what if' centre decal for ... And custom for extra lights in bg that light behind each zodiac sign when you light them on Pf !

Nice!

1 month later
#6887 7 years ago

I'll go the other way ... I've played both and much prefer buc - guess I'm just not an aab guy
To each their own!
Cheers, Ron

7 months later
#8217 7 years ago

Nice! I love my top card too

2 months later
#9096 6 years ago

Rat - if you need any assistance with John at flippers just let me know as I live here in Vancouver too FYI

Regards Ron

Darcy how are you liking the game playing on your asymmetrical wedge head?

1 month later
#9367 6 years ago

IMG_8724 (resized).JPGIMG_8724 (resized).JPG

IMG_8587 (resized).JPGIMG_8587 (resized).JPG

#9369 6 years ago

Cabinet is original - a home use only machine with a neat story

One of the first game distributors here found himself in a bit of tax trouble in late seventies and called his accountant in for help - on leaving his shop the accountant mentioned it would be neat to have one of these 'pinballs' and a few days later found this one delivered to his home

Fast forward 40 yrs and the accountant called up the distributor buddy (now in his 90s I think) and asked if he would come collect it out of his basement !

I was glad my buddy spotted it and pointed me its way

I have it set up as hard as possible and it kicks my but most games !

A Good escape from the real world pressures of late .. I am sloooowwly working through a 'protector decal' for it along with some other pin projects and a '30s king pin resto - all of which are taking way way too long but will get done

I think strange world will get taken down for a bit and maybe buccaneer will take its place next

#9374 6 years ago

Darcy .. which rural town in mb!?

And the Vancouver Williams may have been highways? I had a friend here who had a highways - who knows

Cheers Ron

1 month later
#9609 6 years ago

Darcy - you're out of control!!

6 months later
#10584 6 years ago

Ahhhh C37 ... alcohol ... melamine ...

Such memories - I learnt the hard way !

Nice centigrade - be careful and take care of her lol

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-c37-disaster-confessions-of-a-magic-eraser-junkie

4 weeks later
#10737 6 years ago

F490DCE2-08A3-4530-B82D-3C8A6FB3B979 (resized).jpegF490DCE2-08A3-4530-B82D-3C8A6FB3B979 (resized).jpeg

#10752 6 years ago

Spin out decal - thanks for the kind comments guys - yes one of my long overdue projects

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/a-protector-decal-for-my-beloved-spin-out-em-purists-hide-your-eyes

8 months later
#11330 5 years ago

Yes Merry Christmas Darcy and all!

And nice photo - i’ll be taking down Atlantis and putting up Abra over the holiday too

Darcy – remind me does your strange world playfield have wear around all of the numbers? I am close to finishing up some vinyl protector decals for mine like I did for spin out – so if you’re interested let me know

Merry merry

1 month later
#11372 5 years ago
F52C10AC-2096-4F3C-892E-44AA3C4BF182 (resized).jpegF52C10AC-2096-4F3C-892E-44AA3C4BF182 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#11389 5 years ago

Took down Atlantis and put up Buccaneer - it hasn’t been up in several years ... but plugged it in and it played beautifully right out of the gate

48D4A77C-A02D-4C11-B969-13AC209D0BE2 (resized).jpeg48D4A77C-A02D-4C11-B969-13AC209D0BE2 (resized).jpeg819F9767-9DCE-4663-B76A-0F50A3576E4E (resized).jpeg819F9767-9DCE-4663-B76A-0F50A3576E4E (resized).jpeg
#11391 5 years ago

Fantastic game and so much fun

Plenty of fun shots

‘Around the world’ shot if you can get it - up the eight and down the nine or vice versa

Straight up the 10 or straight up the 11 are also challenging

Or through the spinner straight through the two or through the spinner or straight through the three

The skillshot to get the one because you can only get it at the top – the spinner will not spot it like it can all the other numbers

Just one of those games that is a joy to play over and over - even if you just like hammering the spinner over and over for the fun of it

#11394 5 years ago

Yes damoib - very limited space - and yes I enjoy them parked all across one wall, and a few more by the machine that is set up

Steamvette - I made my own customized spinner decals

4 weeks later
#11464 5 years ago

Here is a definite don’t!

But I do miss that feeling of bringing a playfield back to its original beauty - enjoy doing so to yours!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-c37-disaster-confessions-of-a-magic-eraser-junkie

2 months later
#11623 4 years ago

Nice one Darcy!! Good for you

#11625 4 years ago

Really cool
Looks like it could clean up great - some careful sanding and oiling / waxing to the areas of the wood edges maybe around flippers / bumpers?

Let’s see a pic of glass with engines lit please!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Covington, LA
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 91.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider manitouguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=manitouguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.