20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leckmeck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2502 10 years ago
Quoted from P2K:

Here is a restoration that I just finished.

Glad to discover I'm not the only person expending time and money on a cosmetic job for this title!

3J.jpg3J.jpg

Granted, mine is a 3 Jokers, but I've found that it is mechanically identical to Straight Flush.

2 months later
#2779 9 years ago

I found an extra Atlantis sitting in DirtFlipper's garage. Finders, keepers!

Atlantis.jpgAtlantis.jpg

Truthfully, this game was delivered from outside the area and Dirt's place was a much more convenient drop-off spot. I have the pleasure of being only 15 minutes from his house during the week.

#2784 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Just read your post under the pic - ok dirt doesn't get the credit this time.

Oh, I wouldn't say that. It was actually his find, but he let me chase it. Credit is due.

1 week later
#2886 9 years ago

This is long overdue, but I bought Stashyboy's restored Blast Off in May and had it shipped from New York to Minnesota. It was a bit of an ordeal for him to coordinate pickup with the local STI subcontractor—they were utterly disorganized—but I'm grateful for his patience. The game looks great and plays like gangbusters. It's nice to get a plug-and-play game every now and then.

WMS Blast OffWMS Blast Off

5 months later
#3340 9 years ago

This is a tad belated, but I finished restoring my keeper Lucky Hand last month. The score motor board was a terrible mess when I got it. Somebody had removed all the lacing around the harnesses, so wires were hanging loose all over the place. I would have liked to properly redo the wax lacing, but learning the right technique was a headache I didn't want, so I used zip ties instead. In the unbundled mess of wires were also non-factory modifications that needed correcting. Fortunately I had another Lucky Hand to use as a reference in undoing these hacks. Once the wiring was fixed, I went about rebuilding everything else. A decagon unit in the 10k score reel was badly pitted, necessitating replacement from a parts machine. Everything else was a straightforward disassemble/clean/rebuild. Besides the mechanical rehabilitation, I also made some judicious touch-ups to the cabinet and used waterslide decals to make the keylines around the inserts nice and black again. I also used decals to restore the letters/numbers on the drop targets. Miscellaneous: new sticker for the coin door, new pop bumper caps from PBR, side rails regrained, and total play meter (for tracking post-restore games) installed. Lastly, I lucked out and scored a Ron Webb reproduction backglass long after he sold out.

Pre-restoration: wiring mess on the left, reference on the rightPre-restoration: wiring mess on the left, reference on the right
Restored score motor board mechanicsRestored score motor board mechanics
Restored playfield mechanicsRestored playfield mechanics
Restored playfield, high viewRestored playfield, high view
Restored playfield, low viewRestored playfield, low view
Restored cabinet, right viewRestored cabinet, right view
Restored cabinet, front viewRestored cabinet, front view
Restored cabinet, left viewRestored cabinet, left view

#3379 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Awesome Lucky Hand. It didn't take you long to get 24 games! You Minnesota guys sure have nice game rooms.

Thanks, Hoov!

Quoted from hoov:

Question - do you have your 2001 in your collection playing or is it in storage right now? Just curious as to how game play compares to the Dimension.

My Dimension and 2001 need lots of work before I can make the comparison, unfortunately. You'll probably learn for yourself before I am able to get mine restored!

2 years later
#8254 7 years ago

I finished my Gold Strike restoration last weekend. It was a big project. The previous owner stored the machine in a shed on wet ground, so the bottom rotted off, mice moved in, and lots of rusting happened. I had to give it a donor cabinet, a Wade Krause playfield, a Shay backglass, and a lot of love to make it nice again.

Gold StrikeGold Strike
Gold StrikeGold Strike
Gold StrikeGold Strike
Gold StrikeGold Strike
Gold StrikeGold Strike
Gold StrikeGold Strike
Gold StrikeGold Strike
Gold StrikeGold Strike

#8283 7 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Incredible game room and pins. I really like the lighting in the ceiling.

Thanks! It's a barrel ceiling with recessed lights. My 80-year-old mother-in-law designed it.

#8284 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Great looking game room and collection Jason
Ok, let's guess on your row of pins we can see plus clues you gave us:
Gold Strike
Lucky Hand
Hit the Deck
Pin-Up
Mini Pool
King Pin
Joker Poker em
Fireball
Now, on the row on the right I can't see much of I'll take a guess:
Dimension is one of them? (I didn't look at the games you list under your avatar)
Can you kindly show us a pic of the other games opposite the ones pictured? Curious minds want to know.......

Good eye, Hoov. I have Neptune instead of Hit the Deck, but the rest of your guesses are spot on.

I found another pic of Gold Strike that shows the other side of the game room. To the right of Spin-a-Card, which DirtFlipper restored, is Blast Off, which stashyboy restored.

Other SideOther Side

#8309 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Nice....and where has DF gone these days....we miss him. Does that make Blast Off the oldest game in your collection?

Blast Off is the oldest working game in my collection, but I have a Palooka and Flipper Clown in the restoration queue. Until I get around to fixing them, it's the old guy (50 in May!) on the block.

3 weeks later
#8758 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinplayer1967:

No...... its not. You cant add labor to the value of a pinball game. A game with a value of $700 is still $700 even after someone spent time tinkering with it.

Are you saying a Jacks Open that underwent an 80-hour restoration is worth the same as a non-working bard find? There's not a fixed, inflexible value for EMs. Values for these games are fluid, going up or down by hundreds of dollars due to a myriad of factors. Labor and restoration work are one of them, and they increase value.

7 months later
#10092 6 years ago

Finally finished my Centigrade 37 a couple days ago. It was a hell of an ordeal, but all's well that ends well.

5 Line-up Low (resized).JPG5 Line-up Low (resized).JPG
Playfield Low Angle 1 (resized).JPGPlayfield Low Angle 1 (resized).JPG
3 Playfield High Angle (resized).JPG3 Playfield High Angle (resized).JPG
2 Full Frontal (resized).JPG2 Full Frontal (resized).JPG
1 Side View Left (resized).JPG1 Side View Left (resized).JPG

4 Playfield Low Angle 2 (resized).JPG4 Playfield Low Angle 2 (resized).JPG

#10094 6 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Really nice Jason. Did you repaint the cabinet?
Hope you're still enjoying Blast Off.

Thanks, Mark!

I just sprayed over the top of the magenta. It was faded, of course. The base white and yellow were 99% intact and just needed a few spot touch-ups. I posted about it here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stencil-circles#post-3390526

Blast Off still getting enjoyed. Still one of my top five games in cosmetic excellence.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

£ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

£ 38.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 5.00
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

£ 39.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lafayette, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider leckmeck.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=leckmeck and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.