Topic Stats

• 12,124 posts
  • 679 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 minutes ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jethrop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10781 1 year ago

Here's my one and only EM. Prior home was a dirty, dusty, damp garage in the hills of Tennessee. I moved it across several state lines, cleaned it up, made a few repairs, and got it working 100%. It now has a new warm home.

IMG_6754 (resized).JPG

IMG_6755 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#10889 1 year ago

Old Chicago....Ruined. Sending this one off to the No Rainbow Puke Club!

#10900 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

In general I usually don't like LED's in an EM either - but it seems to work with how he did Old Chicago.
Different strokes for different folks. If he likes it that's all that matters. I think the theme lends itself to be a little garish. Looks good I think if that's what you are shooting for.

Yeah, didn't mean to be harsh. If that's what the owner wants, we'll, it's his
machine. I have Old Chicago, and what I like about it was (is) the warm glow of incandescents, the soft purples and yellow pastels. It looks OLD (which it is). It just glows warm. Some things pop without LED's. Check out the red and turquoise clothing in the backglass. That's what I'm talkin' about.

image (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10927 1 year ago

Last week bought HOKUS POKUS to add to my magic (and pinball) collection. Shopped it, cleaned it up, and its working perfectly!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b39a (resized).jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b395 (resized).jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b399 (resized).jpg

#10931 1 year ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Nice. Working on a barn find one. Down to one electrical problem, and ordering a bg resto back glass. So will be a while before done. Yours looks really good.

THANKS! I drove 4-1/2 hours to get it. On line the seller said it worked perfect, no problems. Of course, it turned out to be not as described. It had lots of electrical issues, broken wires, hacked relays, gummed up score reels, broken playfield posts.... as rather long list. But the playfield and backglass were good, so I loaded it up and brought her home. Was fun (and challenging) to get it all fixed and working. And it's a really fun game to play! Enjoy yours!

1 week later
#10934 1 year ago

Picked up a project a few weeks ago. Been working on it non-stop. Finally have it completed and working 100%. Here are some before and after pictures. 1964 Gottlieb World Fair

IMG_7291 (resized).jpgIMG_7292 (resized).jpgIMG_7293 (resized).jpgIMG_7294 (resized).jpgIMG_7295 (resized).jpgIMG_7363 (resized).jpgIMG_7370 (resized).jpgIMG_7641 (resized).jpgIMG_7642 (resized).jpgIMG_7643 (resized).jpgIMG_7644 (resized).jpgIMG_7645 (resized).jpgIMG_7646 (resized).jpg
#10936 1 year ago
Quoted from wayner:

Very nice work there JethroP & great to see the machine brought back to original condition. World Fair IMO is a great machine from artwork & player perspectives.

Thank you Wayner. I am really pleased with how it came out, and I had never played World Fair until a few days ago when I finished it. It is a blast! The spinning wheel is like a slot machine, hoping for your numbers to come up! And I am amazed that those little flippers can shoot the ball all the way back to the top! It's a keeper!

#10952 1 year ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

One of the ongoing projects:

If interested, photo dump here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6OzDoCiIy73Dwyqa2

Very nice. Did I see you electroplating your own parts?

#10958 1 year ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

I did a couple of pieces but turns out just about everything polished out better than my platting efforts.

OK. So what did you use to polish? Everything turned out so clean and shiny!

3 weeks later
#11019 1 year ago

Picked this up Friday. Drove 3-1/2 hours to Cleveland suburb to get it (from another Pinsider). Took me 3 days to get it working. Had all kinds of issues, undisclosed. Pretty disappointing to drive that far to get something not as described. Got it home and fixed all the sloppy work the previous owner had done to it. But it's working now and looks ok. Going to attempt some touch up on the backglass while I look for a better one. Happy to have a Teacher's Pet. My mother (retired) and daughter are teachers!

FullSizeRender 2 (resized).jpg
#11030 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Teacher's Pet looks like a title that is fun to play, hopefully some day I'll get a chance to play one.

I thought I had it all fixed, but still finding a few minor bugs to work out. Meanwhile, I have been playing it and IT IS REALLY FUN! This game is what pinball is all about!

1 month later
#11110 1 year ago

Had shipped to me from a Pinsider in Connecticut. Disappointed in the shitty amateurish cabinet paint job (not disclosed it turned into a wrinkle finish). Some day I'll redo it. Removed 7 purple LED's and fixed several operational problems. Cleaned and waxed the play field. Looks and plays great (except for the cabinet paint).

IMG_8435 (resized).jpgIMG_8436 (resized).jpgIMG_8437 (resized).jpg
#11111 1 year ago

Then yesterday picked up a project from a great local Pinsider. Playfield will clean up nicely. The cabinet, well, see for yourself. I'll be repainting it back to factory. Also has a few missing parts I'll be hunting down. Nice backglass.

IMG_8406 (resized).jpgIMG_8407 (resized).jpgIMG_8409 (resized).jpgIMG_8410 (resized).jpgIMG_8411 (resized).jpg

#11115 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Need a Card whiz next to those two

Actually I'm looking for Abra Ca Dabra next to them, but Card Whiz would do as well.

1 month later
#11214 1 year ago

Picked up this SURF SIDE a few weeks ago. Got it all shopped and now am enjoying it!

IMG_8779 (resized).jpgIMG_8780 (resized).jpgIMG_8781 (resized).jpgIMG_8785 (resized).jpgScreen Shot 2018-09-19 at 8.41.29 PM (resized).png
#11215 1 year ago

Today I got my first woodie! I am collecting magic theme pins. Have Hokus Pokus and Flipper. Now this LITE-A-CARD. Yipee....was in a barn the last 2 years. Needs some TLC, but will soon be back to life!

IMG_8849 (resized).jpgIMG_8850 (resized).jpgIMG_8851 (resized).jpg
#11219 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

This Bally guy is responsible for hooking Jethro up with both these sweet double-flipper Gottliebs. Paying it forward so some good Bally lovin' will come my way

Big THANK YOU to Ballypin for the leads on these two beauties! Now if you can find me a project Abra Ca Dabra or CARD WHIZ.....

#11220 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

Jealous! One of the few games from my childhood I have not been able to find in decent condition.

Actually, SURF SIDE wasn't what I would call decent condition with I bought it. Here are a few pics of what it looked like as purchased...I did the paint and restoration, (shown above). Now it's decent, and really fun to play!

IMG_8405 (resized).jpgIMG_8406 (resized).jpgIMG_8407 (resized).jpgIMG_8409 (resized).jpgIMG_8418 (resized).JPG
#11229 1 year ago
Quoted from FrankJ:

I owned one for a while when I was living in Central Florida in the late 1980’s. I sold it because it was in similar condition and the cabinet was painted black!
Frank

Maybe I bought your old game?!

2 weeks later
#11244 1 year ago

My magic/magician pins...

IMG_9132 (resized).JPGIMG_9133 (resized).JPGIMG_9134 (resized).JPGIMG_9135 (resized).JPGIMG_9136 (resized).JPG
#11246 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Nice machines especially the Light A card. I don't think I have ever played a Light A Card

I hadn't played it either until I found this project and got it working. It's fun actually. Only 850 produces, so not likely you'll find one! Two other pinsiders show it in their collection, but I reached out to them and neither still have it.

#11249 1 year ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Great idea w magic pins. Nice collection.

Thanks. I'm still wanting (projects) Abra ca Dabra and Card Whiz for my magic room.

2 weeks later
#11262 1 year ago

Brought this Harbor Lites project home a couple weeks ago. Included animal nests and duct tape covering the gobble hole. Here are the before and after pics.

IMG_9232 (resized).JPGIMG_9376 (resized).JPGIMG_9405 (resized).JPG
#11267 1 year ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

What all did you do for the playfield artwork to freshen it up? It looks good. I've got a Lady Robinhook in queue and any suggestions or tips you've got would be great.
Regards.

Hi Pencilneck
Lots and lots of elbow grease. I actually peeled off the duct tape at the sellers house before I bought it. I figured if removing the tape also took the playfield paint with it, I didn't want the game. Luckily it didn't, but took forever to remove the dried on adhesive without destroying the playfield paint. I used WD40 and lots of rubbing to remove the duct take residue. I use a spray foam cleaner/disinfectant to remove dirt on the playfield, then denatured alcohol and magic eraser to clean old wax and ball swirls. Finally I use Novus 2 then Mother's Carnuba Wax.

The playfield is yellowed, but I like that patina. Heck, the game is 62 years old! Not sure how this came from the factory. I think the yellowing is from a coat of lacquer (or varnish of some kind). Not sure if that was done at the factory, or someone in years past brushed the playfield with a clear of something that has yellowed. Anyway, I thought it cleaned up nicely, and it is surprisingly fun to play!

7 months later
#11668 5 months ago

Weeze and Nikrox2.....what have I done???? OMG....Nikrox2 you got the bug bad! GREAT COLLECTION! Seriously, nice to (re)introduce you guys to pinball. I just completed a permanent move to California and am in the process of getting machines set up. Had to downsize but kept a few.

1 month later
#11776 3 months ago

Picked up today. First pic is the obligatory pin in the car while driving! Been looking for a FREEDOM for about a year. It's in nice shape, and the backglass is the early version before Bally removed the 1776-1976 dates.

IMG_1686 (resized).JPGIMG_1687 (resized).JPGIMG_1688 (resized).JPG
3 months later
#12106 6 days ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Admit it, we are always looking for the next machine even though there are numerous machines waiting in the que for restoration.

OMG....you're turning Gottlieb on us!

#12117 1 day ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

This one surely will be for sale or Bally trade bait.

Bet you can't stop at one Gottlieb! Looks to be in great condition!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 265.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Boards
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jethrop.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside