Topic Stats

• 12,027 posts
  • 677 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by TwoCryptoGuyz
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,887 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

G and Surfers (resized).jpg
G and Spanish eyes (resized).jpg
G and Pinball in car (resized).jpg
DSCN0345 (resized).JPG
20191020_202142_resized (resized).jpg
20191020_185739_resized (resized).jpg
BEC9A84A-D6FE-4BE7-A37B-0EBBA1C62E67 (resized).jpeg
8EBB25B1-C771-402F-9D36-8B9CB4CED945 (resized).jpeg
081B87C0-9A9E-4DCE-A723-FE46345DEC27 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3084 (resized).JPG
DSCN3083 (resized).JPG
DSCN3077 (resized).JPG
DSCN3076 (resized).JPG
DSCN3074 (resized).JPG
d6a6035452bd11a2e1f02cce96aae62a53e69c2d (resized).jpg
cbfcc45c0da70b32e108426ba83e130e32b70cdc (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider intopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#801 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Extra kudos for Pafasa and Pin-it!

+1

#818 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i want a rocket iii, but man, that pf is shot to hell...

Yikes... Worth waiting for a better example.

#821 6 years ago

$100-150 max... Good luck Pafasa...

#826 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Um. Would you believe I found a playfield? It is not perfect but WAYYYY better than this one. $100 gets it for me. Now I feel better about the game. I may pursue it further and bump my price up a bit.

Haha... Don't you love it when a plan comes together?

#829 6 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

I saw this ebay auction the other day...that game NEEDS this.. It was about an hours drive from me. Didn't sell..not even for $1.
Ebay link

Damn... That's crazy...

#835 6 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

if that gets listed again, it's mine... i'll need it eventually...

that does make for an interesting drain board, doesn't it?

If you really want it just contact the guy through ebay and ask him if he still has it...

1 week later
#857 6 years ago

Nothing like a good drain-monster...

4 weeks later
#1037 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

What do you think of the game play on TKO? (having never seen one, never mind played... )
I am thinking there is one at The Silverball Museum?

They have two... If I remember correctly...

#1038 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

We're all a little crazy aren't we?

Yeah... We all go a little mad sometimes...

2 weeks later
#1092 5 years ago

You're gonna need a bigger boat...

#1097 5 years ago

Show me the way to go home... I'm tired and I wanna go to bed...

#1117 5 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I have already shown some pics of my Golden Arrow. Now for a shiny fresh video or two.
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
Still a little work to do on the playfield switches and I havent even touched the backbox mechs yet. This one is going to be really nice!! The cabinet is the sore spot. Pretty flaky on the paint. I may do a repaint.

Very, very cool!

#1121 5 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

but I really really want to play it for a while first!

Ain't that the truth...

Always hard to strike the balance between refurbishing and playing.

#1124 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I had no idea Golden Arrow had one of those big 1960's 100 point gong type bells in the back. Pretty sweet!

GOOOOONNNNNGGGGG!

Love those bells!

#1139 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I picked up Big Daddy this morning, and not only is it a beautiful machine, it is also a great player. Don't these two look like they belong next to each other? Thanks again Robert, for providing me with two of the nicest machines in my collection.
Brian

Flippin' Fantastic!!!

#1163 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Well I guess I can join the club now. It is very dirty with some planking, but I always love a challenge. The backbox lights up but it won't currently start a game. I have a lot to learn but it is fun to be part of the EM club now

Congrats and welcome to the EM train ride... All aboard!

#1231 5 years ago

Impressive... Most impressive, Rat...

#1235 5 years ago

I think the pin line-up brought about a Rat Hand Stand Of Jubilation on the carpet! Hallelujah!

#1260 5 years ago

Haha Or maybe this?

#1279 5 years ago

Yikes... I have like 3,000 cds as my brother Kevin (Pin-It) can attest... I only have about 100 or so vinyl albums left in my collection... I need a record player...

#1280 5 years ago

Google "loudness wars" if you really want to see how they are compressing the shit out of music these days... All of it leads to a lack of dynamics and ear fatigue when listening...

#1281 5 years ago

Still the best... Haha

#1296 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

...as far as music goes i always licked the vinyl pops and clicks...

Pretty sure that is NOT a good way to clean your records...

#1304 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

today people expect the music to be crisp and clean ( digitized )
when you play a good LP if you listen real close
there is a sound that crackles and pops
but as someone has aready said, when older recordings are remastered it looses some of what made it great

Yep. And those album covers... I spent hours staring at YES/Roger Dean album covers... And that spinning wheel in LED ZEPPELIN III can't be beat...

#1305 5 years ago

Of course these days I spend a bunch of time staring at pins... hahaha

L to R: Sound Stage, Top Card, Capt. Card, Outer Space, Space Time, Spanish Eyes, and Hong Kong.

2013 380.jpg

#1306 5 years ago

A little Sunday rockabilly music for y'all...

Ray Campi's 'Pinball Millionaire'...

#1310 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Jeff,
You north Jersey guys sure have nice basement gamerooms.Great set up!
Here are a few pictures i took today of my basement gameroom.

Thanks!

Hmmm... Speaking of North Jersey guys, your gameroom looks kind of familiar...

- jeff

#1345 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Does Abra Ca Dabra and Team One have the same playfield?

Yes, they do, although Abra Ca Dabra has bonus value countdown inserts.
Team One is the Add A Ball version of ACD according to IPDB.

Playfield2.jpgimage-12.jpg

#1361 5 years ago

Congrats Ken! Flip away!

#1378 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

1976 Gottlieb Volley gets it yearly PM.....

Fantastic machine.

#1432 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Just picked up my first EM TODAY and I'm here to join the club!!!

Congrats and welcome aboard!

#1459 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Wow. So if my BG is darn near perfect (no bubbling or flaking, just the most minor of scrtaches in a spot or two) you're saying just leave it alone? Since it is in a temp controlled environment and not on 8 hrs a day it should be good?

Like McCartney sang... "Let It Be."

1 week later
#1552 5 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Thanks Dave!
Put in my order for some Orange Dot Flipper Coils at PBR and can't wait to get them installed. They sure speed up a game as well as make the Flippers better.
Ken

Couldn't you just take some winds off of the existing coils to make them more powerful?

#1556 5 years ago

The Top Card plays wonderful... Cleaned up pretty nice. My brother came down and we switched it back from AAB to replay. Probably ruined your memories by doing that... Also had to solder up a new match unit as the one jones plug and wires were missing for it. Vic was a big help in tracing his TC match unit wires for me.

As far as anything new? Not really... Still hoping for the elusive Egg Head some day.

How's Lord Chesterfield these days?

#1558 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ohio, especially Cleveland and Akron area are a treasure trove of EMs. Also check CL in neighboring states like Indiana, Michigan and Pennsylvania. I am jealous I wish I lived in Ohio where I grew up because I would have a furnished basement and EMs galore instead of having them trucked in to Texas.

I too have noticed that about Ohio...

#1565 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Good story and 2001 is a great player and first drop target game by Gottlieb.
You got to go back with your Ford Escape and save the Strikes and Spares...someone could use a cheap project or parts game.

Never leave a pin behind?

#1567 5 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I think George Bush started that policy?
No Pins Left Behind

Haha I don't think so.

#1571 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Kind of looked like grass.

Cha Cha Cha Chia Pin!

Haha

#1572 5 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Not on Flipper Coils as they have 2 sets of windings each, one for high power and one for low power. All other coils you could do that.
Ken

Ah... okay.

#1574 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

North Jersey 1972 I believe if my little kid memory back then worked correctly.

Yes. 1972.

#1579 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Still haven't found any "LCA" in cans lately. Have to go with alternatives. This is a good time of the year to try new
brews. Will let you know if I hear any leads on "Egg Head". Have you ever played "Square Head"?

I know SH is the same layout as EH... Artwork doesn't do it for me though. Thanks for being on the lookout for an EH... Appreciate it.

Maybe Santa will bring you some LCA for Christmas...

#1589 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Here are some more pictures of my basement gameroom in 2005, but without the new carpet and when the bingo's were downstairs with my Williams pins. Today the basement houses just wedgeheads. Before 2005 i had a bowler,coke machine,electric 6ft tall dartboard,3 jukes,skeeball machine,Line Drive pitch and bat and more.
It was a ton of work when you do almost it by yourself to install the new carpet and move all the bingo's and Williams games up to the attached garage gameroom that was being constructed and move out everything from the garage into the new 8 x 16 shed outside in the backyard....I got pictures of that transformation and other transformations if anyone wants to view.

Cool to see the old layout Vic.

Move the TC yet?

If you haven't and need a hand, just give me a shout. I'd be more than happy to help.

- jeff

#1598 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm at Vic's now and we were just discussing plans to integrate the "Top Card" into the downstairs line-up.
Looks like "Spin A Card" will be pulled (it needs work, and the head is DIFFERENT!). We're going to put "2001" in
it's place, and put "Top Card" in place of "2001". We're not doing it today; it's off to another local pinball gathering!

But that's not in a year of release order... Which he kind of has right now.

Sure he really wants to do that?

My 2 cents...

I say pull 'Spin A Card', shift the machines down and put the 'Drop A Card' where 'Sing Along' is. Slide down 'High Hand' and put 'Top Card' between 'High Hand' and 'Atlantis'.

Of course that's a bit more work.

#1601 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I had the chronological order perfect at one time, but now that i fell of the wagon and bought some new games recently a few wedgie have fallen out of order . I gave up playing pool once a week on Tuesday's after playing for almost 35 years straight a month agao because i just wanted to come home and do nothing after working at my real job all day.
I am secretly working on a completed plan that should get me the second level family room location making it the 4th gameroom i'll have in the house.
This new addition gameroom will be between my garage gameroom and basement gameroom where my Top Card stands proudly at the present time. If i get this space i think i can squeeze another 5 wedgeheads or ?
Then and only then will i consider a large shuffle of pins to get things back in order chronological again if i end up with the new space.

Haha Secret plan, eh?

#1622 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

That 's a nice game J.R.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9584671@N04/show/

Asburysilverball 025-427.jpg 231 KB

Who is that young whipper snapper?

#1650 5 years ago

^^^

Very cool to see some of the other pins you've owned in the past.

#1659 5 years ago

Love seeing all these EMs...

#1660 5 years ago

I still haven't played your 'Flip A Card' Vic... Still trying to work my way around your wedgehead game room... She is a beauty though...

1 week later
#1724 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Now the rest.

DSCN0389.JPG 309 KB

DSCN0388.JPG 233 KB

Very nice Strange World.

#1749 5 years ago

Yep... What Darcy said...

2 weeks later
#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

Mars Trek looks fun - reminds me a little of pinbot with the planets in the playfield.

My brother has my Mars Trek at his place and its a blast to play. If I ever get the room, it'll come to NJ.

Some of the spaceships remind me of Space 1999 and old Battlestar Galactica.

The Martian woman is just plain sci-fi weird... haha

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from Ice9ers:

I'm pretty much technically/mechanically challenged - not a good trait in this hobby - so I need to pick up local and verify it plays right, or find the right seller that I can trust. But all's good for now

If you ever have a problem with fixing an EM there are plenty of folks round these parts that will help you navigate the waters... You are in the right place...

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

I am sort of new to this forum. I really enjoy reading it. I have been collecting and dealing in coin op for 25 or so years. I started out with what I remembered playing as a kid, wedgheads (even a few woodrails)and 20s thru 60s arcade. From there I got into golden age jukes,vending and slots and trade stimulators from the 1890s - 1950s. You can see the type of stuff I have and deal in at my website: http://www.SlotsEtc.com
In the middle of a snowstorm today here in New Jersey, a Diamond Jack I recently bought was delivered to my warehouse. Here are a few pictures. Fantastic restored condition, looks great and plays fast. It's the nicest EM I have by far.

Welcome to the Forum and this thread. Beautiful Diamond Jack!

- jeff

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider intopinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside