20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

495 posts in this topic match your search for posts by hoov. You are on page 1 of 2.
#62 10 years ago

You know I love 60's/70's Gottlieb em's with original everything.........here's a few pics

CP,_SS,_LB_017.jpgCP,_SS,_LB_017.jpg Flipper_Pool_007.JPGFlipper_Pool_007.JPG collection_-_juke_003.jpgcollection_-_juke_003.jpg

#63 10 years ago

Another

el_dorado_001.JPGel_dorado_001.JPG

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

I really like playing the King of Diamonds one of Gottliebs top 10 IMO.

I never tire of KOD - definitely a 60"s classic similar to muscle car classics!

#69 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

Here's a few quick shots of mine.
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, MI.
269-979-3836

Thanks for showing us games we don't normally see - very nice John. WILC (wish I lived closer for your parties)

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

This is my EM baby. O-din stole my other child...
Playfield has been clear coated and its perfect to this day.
Kim

I can see why you're holding on to it Kim. Very nice. I'm looking for one too - just need a little patience.......

#129 10 years ago

SteveFury,

I just picked this up about 3 months ago. Believe it or not the guy had it on Knoxville, Tennessee Craigslist for over a week and nobody would give him $500. I offered him $300 because I was a state and a half away and he accepted - it was worth the trip! I played this as a kid at the bowling alley and got re-aquainted at EXPO 2010 in Chicago. 9,580 plays on the meter - look at how shiny the lock-down bar acceptor is.

If you're ever in Illinois Steve stop on in and play it or go to a local show and hopefully they'll have one.

Dave

Target_Pool_002.jpgTarget_Pool_002.jpg Target_Pool_003.jpgTarget_Pool_003.jpg Target_Pool_014.jpgTarget_Pool_014.jpg

#130 10 years ago

More Target Pool pics.......

Target_Pool_005.jpgTarget_Pool_005.jpg Target_Pool_004.jpgTarget_Pool_004.jpg Target_Pool_008.jpgTarget_Pool_008.jpg

#131 10 years ago

and a few more.....

Target_Pool_010.jpgTarget_Pool_010.jpg Target_Pool_006.jpgTarget_Pool_006.jpg

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Man! Everyone has a C-37 in this thread. I need to join the C-37 club soon!

Not everyone Rat......still looking here too.

#163 10 years ago

Fixie!........hey Fixie!.........come back!..........I want to see your pics too.

#177 10 years ago

C37 certainly seems to be the flavor of the month lately

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Ok, so you three who wish you had a C37....I would like your opinion. My playfield is near perfect as far as paint goes, but the inserts are faded and cupped. Faded is not such a big deal to me because colored led's can handle that. Cupped however drives me crazy. I can't stand seeing the ball change direction on its way around. So here's the question. Would you like it more or less as a potential buyer if I had the pf surface leveled and cleared? And possible new inserts too.

Faded inserts are not a big deal to me - can you even acquire new inserts for your C-37? If the inserts are cuped slightly and don't affect game play that much I would leave them alone. If they are pretty bad I would probably go the clear route although I've never cleared a playfield. If it was cleared I wouldn't want the game to play fast which to me is not normal. Maybe varathane? Can you use the drizzle method and just level the inserts without clearing the whole pf - is that an option? Of course, jmho.

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Ok, so you three who wish you had a C37....I would like your opinion. My playfield is near perfect as far as paint goes, but the inserts are faded and cupped. Faded is not such a big deal to me because colored led's can handle that. Cupped however drives me crazy. I can't stand seeing the ball change direction on its way around. So here's the question. Would you like it more or less as a potential buyer if I had the pf surface leveled and cleared? And possible new inserts too.

Pafasa - I like DirtFlippers ideas on your C-37. He has done it and I haven't. I also agree with "leaving it original as much as possible" so I'm also against clear coating.

#201 10 years ago

Looks like trade bait!!!!!!.........smells like trade bait!!!!!!........it is trade bait!!!!!! Anyone have a nice El Dorado out there for our good buddy boilerman?

#270 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

One more before I take this beauty inside and play the heck out of it.

Play about 50 games for me would ya?

#276 10 years ago

o-din,

No wonder you were so excited to get that. That would be a holy grail pin to me.

#278 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Here are a couple of my restores.

Nice games John.

Was that hard selling that El Dorado?

#304 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Nice 2001. I bought new bulls-eye targets to put on mine. I went to do it one day and then saw how the targets are soldered into place with all those bare wires. I realized it was more than the simple 20 minute job I was hoping for, so I put it off. I need to dig back in there and finish it after seeing how nice yours look.

PT,

I replaced the bulls eye targets on my 2001. Just take off the last blade of the target assembly that holds the target and with the exact size drill bit drill the rivet out holding the old target. Place your metal piece on a flat metal table with a towel underneath. With the new target in place use a Pinball Resources semi-tubular rivet and flare it with a 3/16" flared tool like a nailset or a punch that will flare the rivet. Then, flatten with a hammer. Worked for me.

#305 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here is the last one I brought home back in Dec. I don't really restore them, just clean them up and play them. It had a custom battleship gray paint job and no coin door when I brought it home. I stripped the latex gray paint off, refinished the wood, made a coin door out of an old bowler door and shopped it out. Pretty fun game.
Alex

Nice gameroom/games Alex

#333 10 years ago

For the sake of keeping this thread going here's a couple more pics.......

Queen_of_Diamonds_lit_wh_gm_028.JPGQueen_of_Diamonds_lit_wh_gm_028.JPG Queen_of_Diamonds_wh_pf_030.JPGQueen_of_Diamonds_wh_pf_030.JPG Jumping_Jack_009_head_.JPGJumping_Jack_009_head_.JPG

#334 10 years ago

In the middle of a 2001 restore........I REALLY need to get this done this year. It keeps getting put on the backburner.

2001-1_upp_pf_021.JPG2001-1_upp_pf_021.JPG 2001-1_lwr_pf_019.JPG2001-1_lwr_pf_019.JPG 2001-2_hd_004.JPG2001-2_hd_004.JPG 2001-2_cn_dr_006.JPG2001-2_cn_dr_006.JPG

#339 10 years ago
Quoted from pbkzo:

Here are some of them. Mostly 50s and 60s.

Awesome collection

#347 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hoov that is a beautiful Queen of Diamonds. I almost bought one back in 1998. I ended up buying a Bank-A-Ball instead.

You did good. I personally think the 50's games are better to look at but the classic 60's Bank a Ball that you bought is more fun to play. JMHO though.......

#354 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I'll say!! Those pictures are dated 2003!

LOL camera date problem.......actually it's been about 2-3 years.

4 weeks later
#502 10 years ago
Quoted from TheShameGovernor:

Finally something to contribute! Been looking for a wedgehead to add to the lineup, and I just picked up a Gottlieb Sing Along. Backglass is blown, but the playfield cleaned up real nice. I'm still an EM newbie, so I wanted a working single player table that I could learn on as issues arise. The play counter says 4700 plays which doesn't seem like a lot to me for a 46 year old machine considering I've put about 30 games on it already.
The game is addicting as hell, and the art is incredibly charming. I'm sure I'll have some questions later.

Nice score ShameGov

1 month later
#576 10 years ago
Quoted from sjohn26148:

I jumped on this quickly. HUO King Pin just obtained Saturday locally. All original parts with the exception of rubber rings and light bulbs. I hope the horseshoe stays put....

Great find. Need to take that horseshoe to a riverboat )

Nice looking King Pin sjohn - also a good player. Is yours a true HUO pin? Most em pins from this era were routed for the beginning of their life. I've come across a few pins like yours with low plays and a shiny lock down bar acceptor but never had one with the bill of sale. I've only seen one Atlantis with a bill of sale that was bought straight from a distributor for $750 and was never on location.

#580 10 years ago

This looks like the 1st pin for sjohn26148 since he only has one listed. If it is welcome to the hobby. Great game to start with. There will be more coming I'm sure..........

1 week later
#624 10 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

I've been wanting to jump in on this thread. Here's some pics of mine I finally took tonight. They still need a lot of TLC, but they'll get it in due time.
The Flip Flop will be going next door once I get her all tuned up. The FC, K&Q, and SA are my keepers.

Great Gottliebs you have there.

Kings & Queens was one of the 1st games I played as a kid at the local bowling alley. If it is well tuned it is a blast to play with the horizontal relay kick-out holes. Haven't played the aab Flipper Cowboy, but the Buckaroo I have has a similar playfield layout. I played a Buccaneer years ago but never a Ship Ahoy.

#675 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

pingulps are a required accessory on my games...
whoever posted the jacks open... that looks real nice! jacks open is a great game, i can play it for hours...

I have a Jacks Open and if you get one you won't regret it. This game is the total package - especially if you love card themed games like I do - Gottlieb was the king of them. Someone noted above that not too many surface which seems to be the case. I drove from central Illinois to Omaha, Nebraska, 9 years ago to get mine and I thought I was crazy. Best trip I ever made..........I'm not sure what these are even going for nowadays because you see so few of them for sale.

#676 10 years ago
Quoted from PinHill:

1963 Gottlieb Square Head.

Love the artwork on the Square Head. Among the best in that class. Never have played it though.

#678 10 years ago

damn, a 9 year drive? still using a horse and buggy?

Ya got me on that one - added years ago to say "9 years ago"

#682 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

And don't forget Lucky Hand the AAB of JO. I would like either.
And Capt Card is as good as above and just as hard to find.

agree

#686 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i'm probably in the minority here, but i have a strong bias against aab games vs. their replay brethren... you can never "win" against a aab game... which to be fair was the objective...
even now that i'm fortunate enough to have a choice of machines of my very own to play for free, i still want to win every time i push the start button...
plus aab's weren't common in my yute, which likely contributes to my bias as well... had i grown up in an aab state, i'd probably feel exactly the opposite...

And don't forget Lucky Hand the AAB of JO. I would like either.
And Capt Card is as good as above and just as hard to find.

I'm a replay guy through and through BUT when it comes to aab's that have better rulesets, I want to try them out and give them a run for their money. Like games such as Dimension, Captain Card, etc..

But here's my question to you aab folks: When these games were out on route and they were relatively new and playing good (with some required maintenece of course), couldn't a good player win a ton of free balls? And the poor guy with a quarter on the pf glass had to wait......and wait........I had a Gold Strike that looked and played like new that I turned over 3 times and all I heard was pop, pop, pop, when I won free balls. Game time was too long for me. I ended up selling it because I was so disenchanted.

#704 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hoov I'm an AAB guy and my Gold Strike experience was exactly as yours. I bought it thinking it was going to be the grail of all games and found myself "disenchanted" as you say. The game could drag on and started to feel monotonous. I'd start to zone out and lose interest. A couple times I actually shut it off. It was always fun for a game but not one that made me yearn to press start again and again. I have to think El Dorado in this case would be about perfect.
With that said a lot of AAB games are great fun. Getting to that next ball can be more exciting than popping a replay in the right game. It's like having an exciting game go into overtime. As shapshifter said though, the thresholds have to be right. No one respects a game that gives it away too easily. They have to feel earned. I have replay games and I still enjoy the thrill of beating the game and hearing that knocker. That's the goal and it feels great. With a good AAB machine you may get that thrill multiple times in one game. Your progress is saved and with each pop and the excitement builds. You may have a personal goal (high score or roll the machine) and each earned AAB gets you that much closer.
Alex

Thanks for the info. Alex

#705 10 years ago

OK, time to get ready for a seasonal business we have coming up around the 1st of October. That means I have to take my projects out of the sales area and put them in the back room. Here's the 1st three against the back wall.

Believe it or not I'm most excited about shopping and playing Flying Carpet since I haven't played it since high school.

projects_001.jpgprojects_001.jpg

#706 10 years ago

Next is Bank a Ball.......

projects_009.jpgprojects_009.jpg

#707 10 years ago

Then 4-Square........ it's tentatively sold when shopped. I started on the playfield but haven't had time to get back to it.projects_016.jpgprojects_016.jpg

#708 10 years ago

And finally Atlantis - that game is sold but I had to move it into storage till it get's picked up.

Well, I'm outa room

projects_022.jpgprojects_022.jpg

#713 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Dave that flying carpet loks nice, very under rated wedge head IMO. I have been looking for one local with a nice PF for a while and haven't found one yet.

I agree that it seems to be one that gets no love. One of my favorites as a youngster. Simple but challenging to get all the letters. Love the playfield layout to get above the pops in that area to knock out the targets/letters. This one was on route in my local area and this game I got was the one I played at local bowling alleys which is kind of cool too. I just happened to meet another guy at an auction earlier this spring bidding on a Sky Jump (went too high) and he lives just seven miles away from me. I traded him a project 2001 for it since I have a 2001. This one does have a nice playfield - about 70K plays but has the faded cabinet that is normal for these. Backglass is decent but I'll be looking to upgrade it if I can.

#714 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

An uncommon pair.

Very nice looking side by side.

#718 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

"closet raid" at hoov's!
i see a jukebox there too...

The Rockola 1448 jukebox you see in the pics is sold to a Netherlands buyer who will be here for a juke show and pick up in Nov.. The check is already in the bank I see Lloyd at coin-op warehouse has a nice working '57 Rockola similar to mine for sale on his fb page today - I think he wanted $1450. They don't last too long at his place though. You gotta move quick......as in lightning quick. Wish I lived closer to him.

#722 10 years ago
Quoted from pinster68:

Here's my first EM, purchased November 2012. The first two shots are as in was in the door. The illuminated shot is after a thorough shop & parts tumble. Hard to tell in low light but it looks and plays great now. I was so impressed how well these were built. Need to buy more.

Great combo with the 2" flippers and the vari-targets. Most vari-target games have 3" flippers such as Jet Spin, Pro Football, etc.

#733 10 years ago

It's Play Ball (replay) or Home Run (aab). If you're in Denver my money is on the Play Ball.

#744 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Fun thread! Thanks to all for the pics.
I have only one EM, a Volley, but I'd like to pick up another eventually, perhaps a Bank-a-Ball in good shape. I could easily imagine getting into EMs in a bigger way. They have such a distinctive charm, and most are still affordable. This is pinball as I remember it. Great stuff.

Craig,

I have a Bank a Ball for sale right now with pics up in the market place if you ever want to look at them. I'm in IL though ):

Dave

#756 10 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Thanks, Dave. If you were a lot closer, I'd come over for a look. I think the shipping would make this unworkable, unfortunately.
By the way, I did a search in the marketplace and couldn't find it. You can send me the link by PM or post it here. It would be nice to see the machine anyway.

Craig,

Oops.......I didn't renew my Pinside machine for sale ad after it expired. There you go - it's up on the "Market" now.

Dave

#805 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I had them send me a few good pictures, it doesn't look to bad. only a few miles from me. I like looking at woodies but they are not a ton for fun. just picked up a kings and queens today
I sold 4 and now time to buy 4
3 more to go

Did you sell your C-37? Kings & Queens ranks right up there in the top 5 of my favorite em's

#813 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dave still looking for a slick chick? if let me know I know someone selling one
and I sold one c37 and the 2nd is still listed.
K&Q has been on my wish list for a while

Because of money right now I'll have to get both as projects and local - may be awhile............

#816 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Very cool, Congrats!
Hoping to get this game and restore it, but the owner seems pretty firm on her too-high pricetag. It does not work (motorized reset bank runs constantly), Playfield is pretty badly worn, glass is broken but nicely duct taped! Owner bought it years ago as an "investment" spent $200 then and wants a return on her investment now. I live 75 miles away from it and can't be sure if I could even repair the reset bank. There are obsolete/unavailable parts on that unit that could be broken. I will stay in touch with them and hopefully make a deal at a fair price for each of us someday. My fair price would be no more than $100 given its condition and distance and the unknown of the reset bank problem. What do you guys think?

Look up Brian Saunders over on rgp. He is the Bally guru. I know on Gottliebs you can always part a game out for at least a couple hundred if your game is unrestorable. Someone over on rgp recently said they parted a Gottlieb em and kept something they needed and still made over $400. Not sure about parting out Bally's though. I'd think $200 would be fair for that title but not much more unless this is a game you really like and are going to keep and not sell.

#820 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I'm not necessarily looking to flip the game. I like to buy and fix and play and see......
If I like it, Great! If I don't, then I dont want to be too upside down on it. I think to resell this game would take quite a bit. Doubt I'd be able to even move it with the playfield as is. If I could buy it cheap enough, it would be great as my first playfield restore project. Otherwise I am not interested.
Looks like a really fun game though. AAARRRGGGhhhhhhhh!!!

Yeah, that playfield is toast isn't it? I didn't even click on the pic. Would be a players game at best. Now were down to $100 and she probably wouldn't go for that.

#846 10 years ago
Quoted from Sandals:

Here are mine, not the best pics.
Wizard, Capt Fantastic and Williams Big Daddy.
Grew up with the Big daddy in the basement, and I still keep playing that one the most.

Can the boys beat "big Daddy" on Big Daddy yet? Nice games.......

#847 10 years ago
Quoted from lb45:

I love this post.
My contribution, with old pictures taken some years ago (early posted on Pinside)
Added a picture off the cabinet , because beautiful part of the machine too.

There's a title we don't don't see much (I have the El Dorado). Thanks for sharing.....

#864 10 years ago

Ya can't beat a bunch of Gottlieb em's in all different shapes and sizes - nice. Makes me want that Abra back I sold........

1 week later
#896 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

moved a few thing around today so I took a few pictures
the garage

Nice wedgehead collection boilerman.....

You have a few titles I would like to have but don't have the space. I could put some in the barn but the mice would want to play them )

#905 10 years ago

That's what I did too. I had a Hot Shot with a broken gear and I just bought the correct score motor and floated all the switches/wiring back on the new one.

1 week later
#963 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

here are my two new additions

DSC_0382.JPG 4 MB

DSC_0384.JPG 4 MB

Your 2 new additions are coming along nicely. K&Q is my favorite 60's game with KOD right behind it.

#965 10 years ago

I just joined the C-37 club this weekend............

C-37 015.jpgC-37 015.jpg C-37 017.jpgC-37 017.jpg C-37 005.jpgC-37 005.jpg C-37 002.jpgC-37 002.jpg C-37 007.jpgC-37 007.jpg C-37 008.jpgC-37 008.jpg
#966 10 years ago

Here's a game you don't see come up for sale that often. Not a bad player. These aren't the greatest pics. 1st Gottlieb to utilize the bonus countdown feature.

C-37 029.jpgC-37 029.jpg
C-37 028.jpgC-37 028.jpg

#973 10 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

hoov, welcome aboard ... really nice c37!!
and I've always liked the glass and plastics art on the snow derby (would be a nice partner with funland I've always thought)

Thanks. There was a Funland at EXPO over the weekend. 1st time I played it.

#977 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Welcome to the club!
Safest way to hit that lower bullseye target is backhand. Don't let the Open Elbow get you when trying to cradle on the right flipper though.

Thanks for the tip on the lower bullseye. Jacks Open took me to school on the open elbow several years ago.

Hey Pafasa, I met ovdfireman at EXPO and John Fetters sold me the game. You know these guys?

#979 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

The fireman is my best friend. Close to 20 years. Wish I could have gone to Expo this year. He and I made the previous two years together but I screwed up this year and used up too much of my vacation time from work. Next year will be different. I'll be there.
Don't think I know John Fetters unless I know him through pinside under a different name.
Greg picked up a couple backglasses for me from Steve Azzam of BGRESTO.COM.
One C37 and one ACD. I'll see them tonight and get pics. The cool thing is the fact that the glass is perfect on the ACD i just picked up yesterday. Some side by side pics of those two glasses will be pretty neat. I'll post them here.

Cool. I get my Abra back I sold to a guy eight years ago this winter sometime when I can get a game shopped to trade him.

#982 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I may have an extra glass if you end up needing it.

I shouldn't because the glass in the game I sold to him was very nice but thanks for the offer.

#983 10 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

I posted my C37 playfield resto way back in this thread.
Over the last week, I spent some time freshening up the cabinet. I had some badly faded pinks.
Here are some shots of my progress.
Hopefully this will all be buttoned up within the next week. Playfield re-assembly starts today.

Wow, really makes a difference doesn't it? Thanks for sharing........

IMG_4873.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4875.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4874.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4905.JPG 2 MB

IMG_4907.JPG 3 MB

#1064 10 years ago
Quoted from nick-the-greek:

Latest games 001.jpg 2 MB

Moon Flight 0044 006.jpg 497 KB

Moon Flight 0044 008.jpg 546 KB

Sun Valley Restoration 013.jpg 142 KB

Hurdy Gurdy working again 005.jp... 1 MB

Hurdy Gurdy 019.jpg 270 KB

My pinballs 1 (1).jpg 276 KB

My pinballs 1.jpg 282 KB

Thanks for sharing pics of your collection Nick - very nice

#1070 10 years ago
Quoted from sysprog:

Here's mine:

image-255.jpg 758 KB

image-122.jpg 624 KB

image-547.jpg 815 KB

Another nice collection - ahhhhh Atlantis & 4 Square - a couple of my favorites - Gottlieb of course......... Also like your other em games. I'm getting real close to getting my '66 Williams Pitch and Bat working.

1 week later
#1111 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Here's the pin I am getting in a few days. I can't wait!

114175-i.jpg 102 KB

Is that the new camo look?

#1136 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I picked up Big Daddy this morning, and not only is it a beautiful machine, it is also a great player. Don't these two look like they belong next to each other? Thanks again Robert, for providing me with two of the nicest machines in my collection.
Brian

Looka nice side by side. So, yes, I noticed all the cards are dropped down on KOD - hmmmmnnnn, 792 points and 14 credits up.

DSCN1924.JPG 0

DSCN1921.JPG 0

#1138 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yes, when I went to take the picture, I looked at KoD and was not happy with what was left from the last game, so I played a quick one, and completed the mission for the first time. Not sure how many I one though. But it has been a great day. Once I get the right size Buckaroo legs, I will have a Big Daddy sandwich.

My KOD is set for 1200, 1400, 1600, 1800.

Yes, you will have a Williams sandwiched by 2 Gottlieb wedgeheads. Should stick a Williams reverse wedgehead in the sandwich.

#1142 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I picked up Big Daddy this morning, and not only is it a beautiful machine, it is also a great player. Don't these two look like they belong next to each other? Thanks again Robert, for providing me with two of the nicest machines in my collection.
Brian

The Big daddy does look very nice - I got ta see the complete sandwich when you get it assembled.

DSCN1924.JPG 0

DSCN1921.JPG 0

#1143 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

As I write this the pin that Boilerman sold me is 8 hours away on the truck in Memphis, TN. That means my new pin will be in the Dallas area at 8:30am CST. Man I hope they actually deliver the machine today instead of dropping it off at a warehouse and then delivering it the next day.

Do you have your binoculars on you? Good luck with your game Rat. The waiting is the hardest part.

#1191 10 years ago

Thanks to dirtflipper for the Slick Chick tip! Plus an extra playfield to boot.

Slick Chick 004.jpgSlick Chick 004.jpg
#1195 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

nice grab dave. how is the playfields around the pops? that is the most worn spots on these.

The playfields look pretty good to me between the pops. The playfield with the best parts on the back with no rust or whitish residue/corrosion has contact paper under all but the outer 4 pops. It also has a small hole drilled between the flippers like someone had a post there at one time. The other playfield is actually better all around with neither of those two problems (no contact paper - no hole drilled in pf) but the parts on the back are pretty bad coated with a whitish residue and rust present pretty bad - I wouldn't attempt to use the parts - electrically speaking. So, 2 choices here: a - plug the hole at the bottom of the playfield and match the best I can - remove the contact paper under the pops and repair the best I can, or plan b - swap playfield parts from one playfield to another (which sounds like a big undertaking to me but may be the better choice).

#1196 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Awesome to finally find that Slick Chick Dave. And having an extra playfield is extra nice. Congrats!
Thanks to DirtFlipper and LeckMeck. They were on a 3 state tour yesterday. I now have a Drop-A-Card and Royal Guard projects to play around with. Dirt helped coordinate the sale and delivery from Mn.

Thanks Alex. And, congrats too on the Drop a Card and Royal Guard - very good games too. With the cold weather coming up this winter, you're set!

#1197 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Pretty cool! Nice collection hiding behind the Slick Chick too!

Thanks pafasa

In order clockwise against the wall and then turning to the right:

'66 Williams Pitch and Bat
The rest all Gottliebs
Bank a Ball
Buckaroo
Kings and Queens
King of Diamonds
Drop a Card
Atlantis
El Dorado #1 sample
Jacks Open
Centigrade 37
Abra Ca Dabra (coming this winter)
Slick Chick

In storage needs repair with no place to put them without taking one of the above games out:

Fast Draw
Dimension
Snow Derby
Flying Carpet

I need a new building!

#1199 10 years ago

I just updated the thread I started last month titled "emwishlist........". I took two games off and added North Star last night - haha

All you need is a Flying Carpet! I'm looking into my crystal ball and I see three of them coming up for sale within three hours of you in 2014

#1201 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hoov swap the parts on the bottom of the playfield. Don't deal witht he drilled hold and contact paper. It will be more difficult but more rewarding in the end. Oh and congratulations on the score.

Thanks Rat - I'm leaning in that direction. Won't get to it for some time though. My turn-around on games isn't all that great.........

#1205 10 years ago

Are you busy?

#1212 10 years ago

That Jungle Princess does look nice. Reminds me of the Jungle Queen I sold a few years back. Those games from that era weren't beat up so bad their predecessors. If only I had more room to keep games like these..........

#1216 10 years ago
Quoted from SPeD66:

The girlfriend gets all of the credit for cleanup once I got the pin home. Although it wasn't especially dirty to begin with, she really put a shine on it. If the play counter is to be trusted, it shows a little over 25,300 plays.
But yeah, this is one of the nicest condition EM games I've ever seen... so I had to have it! Plays great too. Just need to learn how to make some adjustments. The player two score reel sometimes turns along with player one. But when player two is up, everything works as it should & the player one reel doesn't turn. But I suppose I should start a tech thread for that.
Anyhoo, thanks for the nice comments & thumbs up! I'm loving this Jungle Princess.

Now, that's my kind of girlfriend! Congrats on the girlfriend! Oh, and the Jungle Princess too )

#1230 10 years ago

Hand prints under Abra.........

Nice variety Rat - and good taste in games.

#1293 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I just put one of my "vinyl players" up for sale if anyone is interested?
janesville.craigslist.org link

Did you rebuild the amp yourself Alex?

#1298 10 years ago

I just sold a Rockola 1448 and I have a '50 Seeburg 100B. I like any of these older jukes where you can see the vinyl play in front of you. I was looking at a Paradise at an estate sale last summer and they had a Seeburg R - beautiful - wish I would have bought it but I didn't have the money.

#1333 10 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I have an Atlantis....no desire for Slick Chick and haven't played Abra Ca Dabra yet. Like i said.... been out of room for 10 years and have been really haven't been buying anything,actually Sing a Along,North Star,Silver Sails and Top Card bought in the last 5 years or so. I never store any games and always have all my games playing like factory new.

Very nice collection Vic. You have enough machines to qualify for "small museum status" in my book. Give Abra Ca Dabra a chance. Find a nice one - the artwork on the playfield and the rule set are what makes it special.

#1350 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I think a Kings and Queens or El Dorado are next on my list followed closely by a 2001.

I have them all Rat and they're all great games.

#1351 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sing Along sure is a very pretty machine. It is next on my list.

Isn't that artwork great? I've always wanted to snag one too......... I do have a Kings and Queens though so I'm happy.

#1356 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Gaaaaaaar. But they weren't for sale.

Just means you have exquisite tastes.......

#1359 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Well look what the cat drug in today!
My Gottlieb Sure Shot and Sonic Prospector, fresh off the NAVL truck.
I was too busy wrenching on Sure Shot so that is why I'm posting late.
They both need my usual work before I can play them but they will look and play great when I'm done.
Ken

Congrats!

New PIns 001.JPG 3.2 MB

New PIns 002.JPG 3.2 MB

New PIns 003.JPG 3.3 MB

New PIns 004.JPG 3.3 MB

#1380 10 years ago

I've been looking to snag a Volley myself.........

#1403 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Double vision...
(One to keep, and one to toss back into the pond.)

Just more projects though.

2013Nov26 003.JPG 223 KB

2013Nov26 004.JPG 230 KB

Very nice..........

#1405 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

You know Dirt, we don't really live that far apart. What happens to the unwanted Atlantis?

Grab it if you can Pafasa! Dirt has a knack for procuring good titles.........

#1406 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Grab it if you can Pafasa! Dirt has a knack for procuring good titles.........

He's a great guy to deal with too!

#1424 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

vic the one thing you have I wish I had is......Room
I have 19 wedgeheads and would have more if I had more room
thinking of building a 30'x40' out building with an upper level
I am a vinyl guy but no jukebox at the moment

What? no juke? - to go along with all those nice pins. Can't squeeze one in anywhere? I like my 1950 Seeburg B.

#1431 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

had a few but sold them
last few years it has become hard as hell to get a visible mech machine at a fair price

I hear ya

#1441 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Just picked up my first EM TODAY and I'm here to join the club!!!

I'm well aware that this is not the highest regarded EM, but my wife and I really enjoyed playing this title when we visited Klassic Arcade in Gobles, MI (http://www.klassicarcade.com/) a few months back.

If you're not familiar with it, the main feature on this machine is a newton’s cradle captive ball unit.

When you hit the ball on the bottom, the top one pops over to the other side. Move all 5 balls to the designated side and you are rewarded with an extra ball. We felt like the real fun was playing with two players, because the side you’re shifting the balls toward for your extra ball changes for each player, so you can HINDER the other person’s game! Ha-ha!
To add to the challenge, there are no in-lanes, but kick-out saucers at the base of your flippers (SO NO CRADLING!), which keeps the pace of the game pretty active!

Anyhow, just wanted to share my excitement. I've been pouring over this thread for the past couple weeks and proud to finally join it!
Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

I was near Klassic Arcades a few years back for a convention and stopped in to play their games. Nice to have a local place to play em's on location.

Welcome to our group! Just remember, one becomes two, two becomes three, etc.. Amazingly, they reproduce!

#1453 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Quick question: Does anyone have advice on the best way to go about clearing a backglass? I started a topic over here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/how-to-clear-a-backglass#post-1288530
...but thought I might find some knowledgeable folks in this thread. I recently purchased my first EM, and the BG is pretty immaculate.

I'd like to preserve it, but I'd also like to do it right the first time.
Thanks, guys!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

Sealing with Kylon Triple Thick is only necessary if you have any lifting of the paint due to moisture, bulb heat, etc.. If you have scratches or other defects where the paint is not lifting or if your backglass just doesn't have any problems, don't seal it. You may cause more harm than good.

If you do seal it, Wal Mart and other stores carry Triple Thick. Since Krylon makes so many different products you have to make sure you get the right one. Ask for Triple-Thick 0500.

Do not clean your backglass. Lay your glass on the floor. Cut up card stock, playing cards etc., to the shape of the score reel windows and credit window. I cut mine slightly smaller than the painted area. Place weights such as quarters, etc., to hold the cut-outs in place. Apply a uniformally heavy 1st coat of triple-thick starting at the top with your can about 6 inches away from the glass. Use left to right sweeping motions and work towards the bottom. This 1st heavy coat "sets" the paint chips that have lifted and bonds them to the product which stops the flaking process. Apply 2 more lighter coats reversing direction each time you spray your glass. Let dry at least 24 hours before you touch-up with paint. Seal your touch-ups with triple-thick when you're done. I spray some in the cap and use a q-tip for small touch-ups.

This is just how I do it. Everyone has their own way.........

#1468 10 years ago

I also like doing this. I also like taking all the metal bits under the apron and the metal piece that holds the glass, and having them re-chromed. Just like the way the light hits and reflects. Not really bling just makes them pop. Only worth doing if keeping for a while, as most people wouldn't notice really.
This is the CC metal piece at the back - re- chromed.

IMG_7251.JPG 166 KB

Very nice........

#1485 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Yea, I don't really want to part with it, but have other projects that are waiting and need the room. (game is already spoken for ) Considering *all* the original paperwork was with the game in pristine condition as well....
Here's a few more to enjoy!

That is one sweet PIN-UP!

#1515 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

If anyone is interested I am picking up a gtb top score 2 player. it is from a family friend
from what i have seen it looks pretty nice. I can work out a good deal for anyone here.
I think top score / 300 is a pretty good multi player game
anyone in the SE Pa area interested let me know I will get some pictures this weekend.

300 was the 1st game I bought when I entered this crazy hobby called pinball......... Like the backglass animation on this one. Had to sell to make room for wedgies

#1547 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Fresh off a rebuild before sliding into the lineup. This is a production version; I have a sample game to do later.

Very nice work Dirt. Lot's of shiny metal and bright paint! Anyone would be happy to have that game in their collection. Low plays too - common for the end of the em era............

2013Dec10 020.JPG 210 KB

2013Dec10 019.JPG 204 KB

2013Dec10 021.JPG 240 KB

2013Dec10 028.JPG 135 KB

2013Dec10 027.JPG 166 KB

#1548 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

OK.
Time to post here with my new 1976 Gottlieb Sure Shot I just finished working on for the most part. More details/pictures of this machine here:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-gottlieb-sure-shot-rehabilitation#post-1303582
Ken

Nice Ken!

Sure Shot Finished 006.JPG 187 KB

Sure Shot Finished 009.JPG 232 KB

Sure Shot Finished 002.JPG 205 KB

Sure Shot Finished 005-393.JPG 221 KB

#1549 10 years ago
Quoted from popeboy:

Thanks guys... I'm checking all my CL and Ebay feeds daily, so you know it's all downhill from here

Welcome to the craziness pope! One becomes two. Two becomes three. You get it..........they reproduce all on their own ) Make plenty of room now!

#1559 10 years ago

I-80 would have carried a lot of games out east from Chicago during the em heyday. When was I-80 completed though? Here locally our interstate wasn't done until the 60's.

#1576 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I-80 would have carried a lot of games out east from Chicago during the em heyday. When was I-80 completed though? Here locally our interstate wasn't done until the 60's.

Our interstate was started in 1958, finished locally in 1965, and finally finished as a whole in late 1971 - so probably pretty close to the norm for the entire interstate system.

#1587 10 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I always inquire and ask questions about the machine when i purchase them from their owner,especially a low played beauty like your DC. The story and history behind the machine is interesting to know and for future reference. I document as much information about my machines as possible and store it inside the coin box compartment of each game.

I do the same thing. The history of the game is the coolest part.

#1611 10 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Got home from work to find a Pinball Resource box at my door.
Got a couple of pop bumper rings, springs, and light sockets.
New coil for my Hot Tip pop bumper.
Shiny new red start buttons for my Gottlieb 2001 and Flip a Card.
Some new coin stickers and plastics for my Gottliebs as well as a new ball in play card.
And of course some shiny new caster feet.

Ahhhhh, your Christmas present just arrived........

IMG_0577.JPG 405 KB

#1624 10 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

My 1960 Willams Jungle . It's picked this up and plan on doing a full tear down and restore . Right now there isn't to much available for this beauty .

Cool game I've never seen. Backglass animation with 8 animals popping up - going through any of the 6 rollovers or 2 gobble holes will knock down an animal in the backglass. Getting all down will light special.

Here's the IPDB link: http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?name=jungle&mfgid=413&yr=1960&searchtype=advanced

#1679 10 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

image.jpg 175 KB

Nice looking low production/wedgeheads Adam........ That looks to be a Blue Note with the playfield out of it. There's a rare game you don't see much.

1 week later
#1742 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

One Atlantis down, one more to go. Last rebuild of the year.
(Gotta find my extra instruction card still.)

The inside:

2013Dec31 112.JPG 125 KB

2013Dec31 113.JPG 165 KB

2013Dec22 040.JPG 194 KB

Nice restore Dirt. Someone is going to get a nice Atlantis for their game room. You said you're keeping one and selling one right? Is this the one you're going to put up for sale?

#1759 10 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

Finally getting around to posting my Analog kids pics. Enjoy!

Try manually select file(s) to unload and then after they're all uploaded send your post.........

#1763 10 years ago

Super collection 2step - several great games there.

#1815 10 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

My newest addition:

Very very nice Pin Up. I miss my King Pin. I'll just have to get another.........

1 week later
#1879 10 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

Not Shopped out yet, but here is my blue note.

Very nice - very hard to find title. I know someone in Illinois that's been looking for that game for a long time.

#1913 10 years ago

Perfect placement.........

Atlantis and Abra just seem like they should be next to each other.

'75 was a good year for GTB.....

1975-08 "300" Gottlieb EM ~7,925 Mechanical Back... 4p 388 21 7.5
1975-11 Abra Ca Dabra Gottlieb EM 2,825 1p 383 35 7.9
1975-01 Atlantis Gottlieb EM 2,225 1p 369 34 7.9
1975-03 El Dorado Gottlieb EM 2,875 1p 370 35 7.8
1975-03 Fast Draw Gottlieb EM 8,045 4p 379 10 7.8
1975-11 Gold Strike Gottlieb EM 675 Add-A-Ball 1p 372 22 8.0
1975-11 Lucky Strike Gottlieb EM 1,013 Add-A-Ball 1p 371 25 7.9
1975-04 Pin-Up Gottlieb EM 715 Add-A-Ball 1p 353 21 7.7
1975-06 Quick Draw Gottlieb EM 2,660 2p 380 18 7.8
1975-03 Soccer Gottlieb EM 2,900 2p 368 17 7.9
1975-07 Spin Out Gottlieb EM 2,850 1p 375 23 7.2
1975-12 Spirit of 76 Gottlieb EM 10,300 4p 381 26 7.8
1975-01 Super Soccer Gottlieb EM 7,130 Mechanical Back... 4p 367 27 7.7
1975-08 Tiger Gottlieb EM 1,100 Add-A-Ball 1p 378 6 8.2
1975-10 Top Score Gottlieb EM 3,200 2p 389 20 7.8

#1925 10 years ago

Sold an Abra Ca Dabra eight years ago to a guy up in Minneapolis. He wanted a different game so I traded him a nice Royal Flush so I could get my Abra back. It has one slight flaw above the left flipper, slight insert wear, and slight flaking in the backglass but not bad - I will touch-up. Ordering the lower plastics from Pinball Rescue.

While up there why not visit DirtFlipper since I was close? He even threw a pinball get-together . I can tell you his games and the rest of his game room look even better in person. Thanks Dirt! Now I want a Hit the Deck.

Abra Ca Dabra 001.JPGAbra Ca Dabra 001.JPG
Abra Ca Dabra 014.JPGAbra Ca Dabra 014.JPG
Abra Ca Dabra 015.JPGAbra Ca Dabra 015.JPG
Abra Ca Dabra 016.JPGAbra Ca Dabra 016.JPG
Abra Ca Dabra 025.JPGAbra Ca Dabra 025.JPG
Abra Ca Dabra 024.JPGAbra Ca Dabra 024.JPG

#1926 10 years ago

More of the collection..........

Abra Ca Dabra 011.JPGAbra Ca Dabra 011.JPG Abra Ca Dabra 012.JPGAbra Ca Dabra 012.JPG Abra Ca Dabra 010.JPGAbra Ca Dabra 010.JPG Abra Ca Dabra 013.JPGAbra Ca Dabra 013.JPG
#1929 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice lineup hoov! Nice condition on all those games! That "Abra Ca Dabra" is cherry!

Thanks. I just missed the challenge of getting that special lit. Great rule set. And, it was one of the nicest games I've gotten through the doors too - not going to let it go this time.

#1930 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Great looking selection of games hoov.

Thanks Pin-it

#1933 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I don't see that new sing along

Didn't like the game play (cross between my Kings and Queens and Crosstown which I sold) on Sing Along as much as Kings and Queens. Although I'm kind of biased on Kings and Queens since it was one of the first games I scored a replay on as a kid.

Sold it to Dirt!

#1934 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Anytime you want to get rid of it again Dave just let me know and I will gladly take it off your hands.
Beautiful game you have by the way.
Ken

Thanks Ken

#1936 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yup, you nailed it. "Sing Along" is basically a cross between "Kings & Queens" and "Cross Town". It's a very pretty game though and would go great between the other two!

I've got a Slick Chick and when I get that restored some day I don't know where it's gonna go.........

#1968 10 years ago

I'd certainly be proud to own that Diamond Jack. Very nice........

#1974 10 years ago

velcroman

According to an old archived rgp post from Herb Silvers those old Rockola baseball games can be worth some real money since they are so rare.

Here's a quote:

Want to talk expensive how about a Rockola All Star Baseball $125,000 Or Rockola 27 World Series Baseball 65,000 They went for about 600 back in the day new. That my friends is expensive. Lets see a new house or a Rockola Baseball huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Herb

#1975 10 years ago
Quoted from popeboy:

I just saw this pop up on the Columbus Oh Craigslist this morning. I know there is a lot of love for Slick Chick in the EM world and this guy is restoring one that will be up for sale shortly. Don't know this guy, so no recommendation from me, but I thought some of you might be interested if you are in or around Ohio.
" target="_blank">columbus.craigslist.org link
Carry on...

Looks like he's getting the word out early huh?

#2008 10 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

The Diamond Jack has found it's new home. Great addition.

PinsJan2014.jpg 223 KB

It's in good company. Cool rare bowling games too.

You say you've been collecting a long time. Is this just part of what you have? Would like to see more pics )

#2013 10 years ago

Fantastic collection velcroman!

Thanks for the pics. AlexF will enjoy these.

#2022 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

A lazy saturday afternoon with light snow falling gives me time to upload a few pics of my latest project. Quick Draw I picked up in Maryland (yes, that's 6 hours from me! ) Price was right and aside from the usual flaking in the BG, and a full restoration on the playfield.......standard 100+ hours on the whole thing. Enjoy!

Worth every gallon of gas it took Stashyboy. Very nice Quick Draw. I'm with you. If you want the nice games sometimes you have to drive for them.

#2070 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

From page 38 of this thread;
Just went back and saw this. Wow; a "KOD" sample game! You say the inserts have black numbers on them instead of red. I wonder if the roto target was redone with stickers. I would think those numbers would also be black because Gottlieb already had made black targets with the same card designs for their 1960 "Spot A Card" woodrail.
The score reels number font also looks different on your game than those of the production game.

I just went and looked at heatwave's KOD. Cool sample game.

Hey heatwave - send some pics of your sample King of Diamonds to The Internet Pinball Database so everyone can enjoy.........

#2074 10 years ago
Quoted from dmesserly:

I guess I'll jump on board the thread. I've been collecting (really buying and selling) since 2003 and bought my first EM about 2 years ago. I got a Surf Champ and Jet Spin from Don Owen in MD, near DC. Great guy and does a fantastic job on his pins. Don't hesitate to buy from him if he puts anything up for sale.
Anyway, I ended up getting a Quick Draw at the Texas show in 2012 and sold the other two in one of my bouts of inventory management. I regret selling the Surf Champ the most as it was a lot of fun.
I haven't thought much about EMs as I spent time with the SS and DMDs but I've decided I need a wedgehead...or two. So I'm looking at the classics from the 60s with the short flippers and I really like the animated backglasses.
Here's a few pics of current and former inventory.
Dave
Quick Draw is in the collection.

Surf Champ left and is missed.

Jet Spin is gone. OK game but not as fun as the others.

Thanks for sharing Dave - I've heard Don does nice work.

I'm a little biased but for 2" Gottlieb wedgeheads with animation, try King of Diamonds, Bank a Ball, Skyline, Crosstown, and Central Park to name a few. For non-animated wedgeheads I like Kings and Queens and I hear Slick Chick is a favorite (I haven't restored mine).

#2103 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Please at least bring 2001 to the Texas Pinball Festival. I have not played a 2001 and would like to.

Combination of nudging and good shooting along with a little luck. Good game - one of the few 2" games with drops.

#2107 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I have emailed Shay 3 different times, all with different questions and all with no response. I'm done asking him for anything.
Ken

Shay is a very busy person and I just keep e-mailing him - he'll eventually get back to you. I understand your position though Ken.

#2112 10 years ago

Good job Ken - looks nice

1 week later
#2133 10 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

I had the Williams 10 pins fully restored. It took 2 years. When I finally got It back, inset it up in my living room. Another collector came to look at a pinball machine and "had to have it" . Lets just say he made me an offer that was too good to pass up. I Love that machine though.

I bet you wouldn't turn down another truckload like that one. Thanks for sharing.

#2137 10 years ago

This one is done and sold to a fellow Pinsider.

In the middle of Flying Carpet now - should be done in a few more days. Nice playfield, decent cabinet, and backglass has been taped w/packing tape and touched up (hard to find a nice backglass on this era of game).

ED 2-8-14 015.JPGED 2-8-14 015.JPG ED 2-8-14 017.JPGED 2-8-14 017.JPG ED 2-8-14 005.JPGED 2-8-14 005.JPG ED 2-8-14 007.JPGED 2-8-14 007.JPG ED 2-8-14 006.JPGED 2-8-14 006.JPG
#2140 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Wow, that playfield looks great!

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Great job with the El Dorado hoov!
Ken

Thanks. Can't think of a better way to spend these cold winter months than fixing up these old beauties.

#2144 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hoov that is crazy nice! Congrats whoever bought it!

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I tried to buy an El Dorado off Ebay that was listed for $2000.00 during Christmas and made an offer but I guess it was not good enough for them. The offer was substantial too. As far as I know he never sold it.
ebay.com link
Ken

New drop targets courtesy of Steve Young & associates. This playfield looks better than mine.

#2149 10 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Nice work on the El Dorado. I would be proud to own that game.
Mike O.
Team-EM

Thanks Mike

Your collection is impressive. Looks like you've had a lot of games go through your doors over the years.

#2151 10 years ago

You beat me by an hour I think. .........

Message received from kovalski3 on 01/28/2014 at 11:55 CET

Message received from replay on 01/28/2014 at 12:20 CET (Shapeshifter)

It turns out to be only 25 minutes.......

If I find another nice El Dorado I'll let you know. The good news is most of these El Dorado's I've come across in the Midwest that were on location tend to be in pretty nice shape considering.

#2158 10 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Here we go. Just a taste

image.jpg 239 KB

image-141.jpg 207 KB

image-796.jpg 235 KB

image-608.jpg 213 KB

Congrats!

That Hurdy Gurdy looks to be a real nice original - everything looks good on it - most of these are pretty beat up. Your World Series head also looks good too.

Way to go - I would go get those two games anyday.

#2163 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

ship ahoy looks great
one of the few AAB games I really liked.
red dot flipper coils really make this game even better

orange dot?

Yes, the game looks nice. Played a Buccaneer years ago.

#2167 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

These are the new ones Steve at PBR made that are so powerful the ball will go through the back of the Cabinet and through your house wall. Impress your friends!
Ken

Good one Ken.....

#2173 10 years ago

I usually find if I clean (or replace if necessary) all the flipper parts and adjust both cabinet and EOS switches (or replace) and check the ohms of the 5194 coil I don't need orange or yellow dot coils. You can also high-tap the game if needed.

I tried an orange-dot once on a Drop a Card and it played abnormally fast for me - not the same as on location.

Of course this is just my opinion - if it works for you and you like it fast and furious that's great.

#2175 10 years ago

I was told if drop targets are at an angle they won't break as easy.

Also having 2 rubber rings helps absorb a hard impact somewhat.

The worst drop target bank for breakage is straight on - perpendicular to the flippers.

#2178 10 years ago

Orange Dot = 10% more power
Yellow Dot = 20% more power

#2190 10 years ago

Picked up 4 GTB projects today from a guy so packed with games he could hardly work. Had them across the street in his Mom's garage too . Sometimes ya just gotta sell............

4 em pick-up StL 005.JPG4 em pick-up StL 005.JPG 4 em pick-up StL 002.JPG4 em pick-up StL 002.JPG 4 em pick-up StL 003.JPG4 em pick-up StL 003.JPG 4 em pick-up StL 008.JPG4 em pick-up StL 008.JPG 4 em pick-up StL 007.JPG4 em pick-up StL 007.JPG
#2193 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hoov I see Sky Jump, Big Brave and Surf Champ. What is the 4th one? Jacks Open?

That 4th one be High Hand. You know, the one WITHOUT the resetting drop targets )

#2195 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

took a team one in a trade today. it looks like it was not on route very long if ever. there is no ball arch wear and it is super clean.
It also had the ball lane metal guides

Remarkable game..........

20140222_195033.jpg 238 KB

20140222_195055.jpg 171 KB

20140222_195045.jpg 250 KB

20140222_195139.jpg 108 KB

20140222_203349.jpg 182 KB

#2196 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ugg! You were thinking..."Oh man why can't this be a Captain Card?"
I would have been drooling all over the Kings and Queens I see in the picture.

The Kings and Queens you see is his personal one in his collection not for sale. If you look at the Kings and Queens head in the rack, the head next to it to the left is the 2nd Kings and Queens he has up for sale. It is the ugly repaint that is light blue with 2 red diamonds. The base is not pictured. The kick-out holes had a lot of wear and the backglass was decent. I didn't buy it.

#2200 10 years ago
Quoted from ahanson:

Nice grab hoov. I love my Surfer.
What's the one in the one of the pictures where you see a car on the side of the cabinet (next to the K's&Q's)?

Good question - anyone?

#2208 10 years ago

That's a nicer Surfer than the one I just picked up yesterday. I'm going to try to upgrade the backglass on mine.

1 week later
#2243 10 years ago

Your Jumping Jack looks nice from what I can see. One of the better multi-players because of the resetting drop targets. And you can't beat the well-endowed girls on the backglass. Your backglass looks pretty good from what I can see. The playfields all seem to have that wear by the upper kick-out holes. A new set of drop targets from PBR would make it look real nice.

#2258 10 years ago

Way to go Rat.

That playfield sure shines. boilerman's restores sure do look nice.

#2278 10 years ago

If anyone wants to buy a super nice Quick Draw in the New York area I just ran across stashyboy's Pinball Owners ad:

http://www.pinballowners.com/stashyboy

Click on the Quick Draw pics to see

#2283 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

May already be spoken for.........
(thanks for the props Hoov!)

No problem - just stating the obvious )

#2305 10 years ago
Quoted from JayCee:

Hi Folks, here's my Bally Expressway and Gottlieb Solar City. The Expressway has been super reliable, I've only had to replace the flippers. The Solar City's recently been given a shop, with play field clean up and 2K clear coat, new rubbers and about 50 hour debugging dirty relays and motors. It still has a little freak out every now and then, but mostly plays well. I'll post some better photos once I've got 'em into the house.

IMG_0528-927.jpg 118 KB

Here's a link to a guy's Expressway playfield restoration over on rgp:

https://picasaweb.google.com/109179689265802035749/ExpresswayClearCoatPolycrylic#

#2306 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

got some time to work on the next project buckaroo
stripped and cleaned the pf, came out supper nice(glossy shine w/ no wax yet) much better than i thought. it was pretty dirty.
not much paint loss at all. one small spot at red PB, only a tiny bit of flipper drag, this was one of the machines that almost always has flipper drag not many without it , K&Q is another that is know for flipper drag.

That playfield is real nice - it's hard to find a nice one in that title as you say.

#2312 10 years ago

For anyone else looking for bingo's Lloyd at Coin Op Warehouse out in Pennsylvania had a special running on his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/coinopwarehouse. He just got a shipment in and if you say you saw his facebook ad he would charge $125 - $250 per bingo.

#2316 10 years ago
Quoted from Polonius:

Just picked up this Baseball. Will take some work to get working properly, but nothing Steve Young and I can't fix.
A couple odd hacks, but it's mostly working. Backglass is great, and cabinet looks ok - for a basic repaint

Just in time for the baseball season! Really like that 2001 next to it.

#2327 10 years ago

I wouldn't have known what it was without the "clue" - I'm guessing we're all talking about this one from our Craigslist thread:

5 days, 16 hours ago
# quote Edit

boilerman said:

I went to look at a blue note that was on DE CL after work today it was 2 blocks away, it was sold when I got there.
I asked if I could take a look since I was there
it was totally mint. even had the purchase papers when it was bought new by the owner. I know it is a crappy player but the guys that collect the rare ones don't care. the seller told me he got much more than what he was asking.
I just hope it was not a flipper that got it. we'll see in a week or two

#2334 10 years ago

Don't you find more Blue Note(s)/Rock Star(s)out in the Northeast?

#2346 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Just a few more days to go I think...

Lookin' good. If you're showing your shiny parts again I better get my sunglasses ready ) Does that mean HTD S is next?

#2353 10 years ago

I hear they're really heavy because of all those mechanicals. Never owned one though.

#2392 10 years ago

I like the way you stagger your games - nice.

1 week later
#2426 10 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Just picked up a Sing Along! I'm really out of room, but I have always liked how this game plays and its back glass is among my all-time favorites.
Pretty darn dirty but it worked and as soon as I add 20+ new coil sleeves, new rubbers and a good ME + Novus2 + Wax it should turn out very nice. The game is missing a credit wheel so I am in the market for one from a similar era Gottlieb single player. Willing to buy the whole unit if the price is right (haven't gone through it enough to see if other parts of the unit are missing).
I'll post some more pics of the cleanup and final product. Very excited!

Back Glass.jpeg 56 KB

Play Field.JPG 48 KB

Another nice Sing Along. Great playfield. Nice grab.....

#2433 10 years ago
Quoted from frg:

And a nice Abra Ca Dabra...

The plastics got some protectors, seemed to be a good idea to use colored plastics. But it is too much - I have to redo this.

By the way... does anayone have the small plastics at the bottom?

aca_02.jpg 168 KB

aca_01.jpg 180 KB

aca_01-606.jpg 180 KB

aca_03.jpg 182 KB

Very nice!

#2443 10 years ago

Nice pick-up. That Kings and Queens looks nice. Looks like you're going to be busy.........

#2458 10 years ago

Congrats on your Pro Football. I played that game in a tournament put on by Bally back in 1972 in my hometown bowling alley so it has fond memories.

Tell your girls to bring as many friends over as possible so we can show this generation how great em's are!

#2476 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

North Star arrived today.

Looks nice Rat. I'll take one please.

#2512 10 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

So I got my first EM a couple of weeks ago at the Texas Pinball Festival. (Thanks Bob!)
A Gottlieb Gypsy Queen. Decided my collection needed an EM, and I couldn't be happier with it. What a classic machine. I'm afraid I may be hooked on EMs now

Congrats on your 1st em - and a very nice Gypsy Queen too. You don't see that game too often for sale. Can't beat the artwork on those 50's games.

#2555 10 years ago
Quoted from hawkeye11:

I have been enjoying this thread and thought I should add some pics. Here is my Gottlieb row.

Nice collection of Gottliebs h11

#2583 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Picking it up at Pinfest!

Congrats stashyboy on getting the Big Hit!

#2593 10 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Ive had some recent additions to my EM line up. The BANK A BALL ive had for a while and is fully restored..

Those three games look very nice.......

1 week later
#2619 9 years ago

That playfield looks really nice

#2633 9 years ago

I read a thread somewhere and ordered some of these 3/16 stiff steel mini-brushes for a dremel and they work good too. The brush is just slightly bigger than the socket but it forms to the socket size on the 1st time used with a few extra bristles protruding out.

I ordered part no. 26098M

http://www.weilercorp.com/wc670_catalog/56.pdf

#2637 9 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Here's my setup after my several years of collecting. I'm an AAB fan but have owned and enjoyed replays as well. After owning about 20 or so machines here are my favorites.
I also have some Ballys-an Expressway with repro glass that I in the process of a swapping playfields on and 2 Capersvilles. Both of them are complete minus 1 backglass but aren't set up.
Lucky Hand-restored machine
Capt Card-repro backglass
Dimension-repro backglass, extremely well done repaint on the cab but the webbing is too thick. Have a NOS playfield to install at some point.
Diamond Jack-NOS playfield, new playfield parts, restored cab, metal playfield posts
Flipper Pool- great shape overall

Super collection of games you have acquired. From your pic your Dimension playfield looks to be better than mine. I can't see the kick-out hole wear and the lower playfield though. I'm looking for a decent one to touch-up. If you ever sell it let me know.

#2640 9 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Thanks for the compliment. There's no wear at the bottom of the Dimension playfield but there is above the pop bumpers. I am interested in selling this playfield but I have one other person interested. They may go another route however for their Dimension and if so, I'll let you know

Thanks!

2 weeks later
#2643 9 years ago

Nice!

I've seen more Sing A Longs in the last 6 months than I ever have.

1 week later
#2665 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Flipper Clown

Very nice Flipper Clown. Like the led's too........

#2666 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Pinball Forever auction last weekend. I was able to play a variety of vintage machines from all different manufactures from the 50's all the way thru recent years.
But of all the machines there, three really caught my eye. And in the end I won two that I had bid on. They are both in really nice condition, and I was very happy to end up with this Pit Stop, as that was the show stopper for me. This Blue Chip is in such nice shape, that I couldn't resist that one either. I love EM spinners.

Looks like a couple nice games you won there.......enjoy.

#2697 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

it's in the crib... it really only required a few hours of work to get it playing like a champ... rebuilt the slings (which fixed the one that was locking on), adjusted the flipper return springs properly (they were way overwound, one because 2 of the screw holes were stripped and the other because the stop appeared to be magnetized), slapped on some new rubbers, fixed the knocker that was locking on, and we were good to go...
still need to r&r the score reels, and fix the replay unit (a VERY interesting free play hack was done there), but other than that, it's mechanically done... it is very clean inside the cabinet, so that should not take long either...
edit: forgot... the 0-9 as stepper for the match is completely hosed... i'm really not looking forward to rebuilding that little sob....
it is a blast to play...

image-521.jpg 177 KB

Great game Chris.

I miss mine and someday will get another.

#2701 9 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Here are some pics of my GTB BANK A BALL .. whole game was a complete mess when I got her and I took 2 years on and off to completely repaint the playfield... its still an ongoing project as im now making new balls for the backglass animation.. anyway, some before and after shots

Wow,

Super nice restoration job there. I can see lots of hours went into you BaB but it will be well worth it! The touch-up and clear looks great. The cabinet turned out super nice too. If I were you I'd be anxious to play it if it's been a few years now........

Are you going to apply any webbing on the cabinet?

#2704 9 years ago
Quoted from Retropin:

Webbing is there and the game has been up and running for quite a while now, its in a part of the house where my wife allows very tidy machine to reside and is in a line up with World Champ and WMS Rocket.. theres been a lot of fine tuning along the way and it plays great and fast. Once the drop down balls are done, the restoration is complete. The PF is not a touch up.. I literally repainted everything using my airbrush and freehand work.. not one piece of original paint is left, its all been covered up. The plastics are all mine too.. remade with 3mm acrylic

Fantastic - thanks for the info.

#2719 9 years ago

Is that the arcade in Myrtle Beach, SC? Lloyd at Coin-op Warehouse had a pic of that a week or so ago on his Facebook page.

1 week later
#2728 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Just got this 4square on a trade and I'm so happy I did. What a great game! It's a very plain playfield but it gets addicting. Love I art. I wonder why the playfield art is so blank? It has some mechanical issues but I fixed quite a few. The one last issue is whatever number I hit. The number two also goes off. It makes the game easier but why?
In the end I'm very happy

Congrats on the 4 Square - great game!

You might try posting your problem in the EM Tech sub-forum but I'll take a stab at it.

This sounds as if any vibration in the sequence reset bank is causing this. Take the ball out of the game and prop-up the playfield. You have a sequence bank with trip relays for no. 1, 2, 3, 4, and sequence complete (forget what it's called). Start a game and close the outhole switch and the tunnel switch to advance to ball 1. Manually complete all the targets for no. 2 and you should hear it complete the sequence. Back off the wing nuts on the 1-4 sequence reset bank and unscrew that whole assembly from the bottom board and flip it upright to manually operate your switches. I've found this way is a little more work but a lot easier to get to your problem switch/contacts. Gently move the different switches around on the no. 2 relay and watch the lights on the playfield to see if they go out. If I remember right it's one of the middle switches on the trip relay. It sounds as if you have a closed set of contacts that are dirty or out of adjustment and any vibration in this bank is causing your problem. Once you find your culprit switch clean and adjust your contacts so no. 2 stays on when you hit other targets.

#2734 9 years ago

I'd like to get one of those Astro's myself.

#2751 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

My Big Hit restore is done. Pretty happy with it.

Very nice

#2763 9 years ago
Quoted from johnnymg:

image.jpg 175 KB

Great artwork from that era..........

#2764 9 years ago
Quoted from jimmyb:

In line for restoration. 1950 Gottlieb Knockout.

photo 1.JPG 223 KB

That playfield and backglass look nice!

#2782 9 years ago

Think of dirt as being a modern-day op. Games are always coming in and going out. Just put your request in - haha.

Edit: just read your post under the pic - ok dirt doesn't get the credit this time......

#2783 9 years ago

Way to go lm. Glad you found your holy grail.

Me thinks we need an "Atlantis Club" thread - wanna start it?

#2788 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

we need to build a spur off that railroad and connect it to southern new jersey...

The Minnesota to Illinois leg is already in the engineering stage

#2797 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

If you look closely you'll see my mini-split AC - its completely insulated. I keep the temp from 64 to 84 degrees depending on the season. Currently, since I'm in the shop, its at 76. Tough life, I know.
Which 2 would you get rid of? I'm trying to sell El D, Pro-Football, and have 2001 spoken for already. Those just didn't speak to me and I'm trying to not just collect to collect - asd tough as that is.

I'm curious as to why no one has bought the El Dorado yet........

1 week later
#2858 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

here is a great hard to find game

This game has moved near the top of my current want list. I like the same games that you do.....

20140708_101716.jpg 123 KB

20140708_101710.jpg 162 KB

20140708_101723.jpg 205 KB

20140708_101730.jpg 231 KB

#2861 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dave
I keep my real want list on the down low
it never fails when I post I want something, everyone and their brother is now looking for it.
so I have a want list and then I have a want want list
astro play as well as 4 square but so much more pleasing to look at!

I've been looking for one for the last year but like a lot of others would not buy it unless it were local and the price was right

#2863 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

There was a nice looking Astro forever on Milwaukee Craigslist at $600. It must have been listed for 6 months or more. It would get reposted over and over.

That's because no-one on Pinside was talking about it

#2865 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

it really is too bad they didn't come up with a "different" cabinet paint scheme though, because it does not go at all with the artwork... that's one way that 4 square is a bit better "cosmetics wise", the cabinet art goes with everything else...

I agree Chris and I vote we put manitouguy (Ron) on the job!

#2868 9 years ago

I still like 4 Square Chris. I went to that game 1st as soon as I walked through the doors at the bowling alley when I was a kid.

#2899 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I've finally joined the EM club, and was able to get a Wedgehead.
Love the art on these babies. This backglass is in superb condition and looks great in person. Thanks to Pinsider Mikeincali for the nice transaction!

Welcome to the club! Congrats on the Sure Shot - looks nice.

#2900 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I looked closer at the photos. The backglass art work is lifting, there is playfield wear. The cabinet has wear as well. So I offered $450. Lets see if I get a reply, hopefully the reply does not have any F words in it.

Seller's probably been checking out Pin Rescue prices..........

#2922 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Picked up a gottlieb sheriff for 250 yesterday. Man this thing had some mechanical issues but now he runs great. I've been wanting to play this playfield for awhile and it's pretty darn fan. Gotta lotta tweakin to do

Great find and great price too!

I've never played one but a lot of folks here like that game that have it along with the 2-player Lawman.

1 week later
#2953 9 years ago

Lookin' nice Rat!

Have you been playing one of them more than the others? I probably would just split my time as they're all good players.

3 weeks later
#2993 9 years ago

Buy a Palnut Removal Tool from PBR and hold the hex top of the post screw with the tool and then tighten the acorn nut with a 5/16" nut driver. Never had any problem installing new acorn nuts since I got the tool. It's also just as good for removing old acorn nuts when shopping a game.

http://www.pbresource.com/tools.html

Below quoted from PBR's site:

Palnut Removal Tool

Do you have a Gottlieb® pinball game with the Acorn Speed Nuts? Have you ever taken one off without the post getting unscrewed from the playfield? This tool is Gottlieb®'s answer , the right tool for the job! We have sold out of the original Gottlieb® Tool! It's been so popular, we have remade this tool!
Click on the thumbnail for the original Gottlieb® instructions!

This tool also works Great on those Nylon Posts Caps
(BLY-POSTCAP)
used on Williams and Bally games!

GTB-26181+

$4.00ea

1 month later
#3059 9 years ago

The funny thing about Abra Ca Dabra is it was a sleeper game until we started talking about it on Pinside.

1 week later
#3072 9 years ago

Congrats on finding a nice Rocket Ship Wayne, it looks great!

#3076 9 years ago

We call that a roto target. We call spinning targets spinners.

Congrats on the Buckaroo - great game.

#3082 9 years ago

Great looking Pop a Card stashyboy.

I'm curious too on whether the paint is original - sure looks nice!

My Drop a Card is brutal too. Not an easy game to beat. Even after rebuilding my flippers and my pops were already good. The outlanes gobble up your ball likes there's no tomorrow. Talk about making me come back for 'just one more".

#3088 9 years ago

Your games sure do turn out nice when you're done with them stashyboy!

#3092 9 years ago

I was fortunate to be invited to visit Dirtflipper's Hangout - AKA Gottlieb Central - last year. His games shine - inside and out, they play like new, and they look even better than the pictures. What else can a Gottlieb fanboy ask for?

#3098 9 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Our latest lineup of EM's
I think this group will stick around for a bit.

IMG_1680.JPG 231 KB

Very nice

#3099 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

Just finishing this one up, having some drop target reset issues, but I think I isolated the problem. Such a great game!

photo 4.JPG 232 KB

photo 2.JPG 265 KB

photo 3.JPG 274 KB

photo 1.JPG 210 KB

Your Dimension looks great. Is that Ron's repro bg and is your pf a repro also or original? I wish my playfield was as nice as yours..........

#3105 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

The playfield is original, i touched it up, but it really wasn't that bad to begin with. Just the normal kick out hole wear. I did not clear coat it, wanted to keep it as original as possible. When its just small areas i tend to wax over the paint and keep it clean/waxed and it holds up well

That's exactly how I touch-up my playfields. Just haven't got to my Dimension yet. If I were you and I had a game that nice I would spring for the plastics from Pinball Rescue. You even get a cool key chain plastic......

#3106 9 years ago
Quoted from Bostonbuzz:

Here's my Gottlieb VOLLEY

IMG_0347.JPG 48 KB

That's nice!

I haven't found a Volley local to me yet but I'm hoping too someday. Does your Australian Terrier guard your Volley for you?

#3125 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

So this was a FREEBIE Hang Glider. My wife found it through our kid's allergist. Apparently they were talking about pinball one day and he was like "I've got this thing in my garage, I need to get rid of it." and without even asking me, she said "Okay, we'll take it."
There is a reason I marred her. :p
So, about three months later, we tried to pick it up from him (he's busy, very popular allergy practice), and come to find out, they didn't have the key for the head. We explained we'd have to find a drill and bit and have to come back another time. We went on vacation, our annual overtime bonanza started up, and we couldn't ever find the time to borrow a drill and be there at the same time as was convenient for everyone. So last sunday, she gets a call. He drilled the lock, said to come get it. So we did.
As you can see, rubber bands everywhere, hard and brittle, the rubber rings that are left were turning to dust, lol. Backglass was "cleaned" by someone who seems to have dissolved a bunch of the white window paint and then smeared it everywhere, and also caused many of the light-transparent sections to start flaking. BUMMER. Playfield is full of ball swirls. Dirty as crap and...
It plays pretty good, actually. The flippers are nice and strong, you can really rip the spinner, gets a ton of spins, sounds fantastic when the reels are just cranking those 100p spins. Chimes sound pretty good, knocker is scary loud. I was able to get the player unit working and the ball count unit was working after that, the more I fiddle with it the more stuff magically starts working. All the "features" work, but the drop targets are a bit mushy and don't reset very well.. I'm suspecting spring replacements are in order, I'll have to look at it. Lots of burned out bulbs.

Congrats Frax on the freebie! You are going to have to explain how you marred your wife though

#3147 9 years ago

Wow, beautiful backglass and playfield on that North Star. Someday, I'll hopefully find one. Great artwork.

1 week later
#3155 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Picked up a Central Park over the weekend. It gets mixed reviews but it's a real blast to play once you get used to the machine. Even though it's hard as nails to get the specials it makes you want to play it that much more.

image-613.jpg 91 KB

Central Park is a fun game to play with the rule set it has. The only issue I have with 60's games is the lower rollover lanes slows the flow of game play down - but hey, that was what was the designers were going with at the time - they figured it out in the 70's.

#3158 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This machine is a lot of fun.

DSCN3081.JPG 192 KB

DSCN3082.JPG 179 KB

My all time favorite....from the sixties.....

2 weeks later
#3180 9 years ago

The latest 70's line up. Gottlieb wedgeheads.

IMG_8281.JPG 213 KB

Now that's my kind of line-up. Looks great!

#3181 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

This is our new to us Atlantis.
Basically as we got it, it is complete I think. Not 100% functional yet but working on it.
A good $150 spent. Unfortunately I do not know much about its history but got it out of our local bargain finder.

image.jpg 249 KB

A cabinet re-paint and that will look fine.....

#3183 9 years ago
Quoted from BCpinhead:

Agreed!! I will post an after pic but I have already ordered the stencils and now tracking down the orig paint colours. How would one do the speckles? I never have seen an original Atlantis close up. Focus right now is to get it 100% mechanically sorted, then work on the cabinet. Confident it will look and run as new when I 'm finished. Already a line up to play it though lol!
Cheers!

Here's a thread about the Atlantis boilerman re-painted: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2nd-fire-victim-complete You might want to send a pm to him. He may be able to help you with the colors/procedure. I've used a toothbrush (paintbrush) to do some speckles once on a spot repair (slowly flick the brush - practice on cardboard 1st!) but see what boilerman suggests.

Here's an old thread where gearheaddropping did an Atlantis re-paint: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-atlantis-restore - you may have to pm him as the pics are not up anymore in his link.

#3185 9 years ago

Looks 10 times better!

#3219 9 years ago

Ahhh, much better.........

1 week later
#3222 9 years ago

Looking nice Ken.

I'm assuming the plating was bad on your Abra coin door and legs and you re-painted? Looks good.

#3233 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yup! Probably going to stay with two. If I find one of my more desirable wedgeheads I'll swap it in for Sky Jump. These are in my office next to my desk, solid states are in the garage, and it will probably stay solid state.

Congrats!

Couldn't agree more^^^^ . Make Sky Jump what I call the "6 months game". Play it for 6 months and rotate in a fresh wedgehead - just like when they were on route.

1 week later
#3270 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well I did it! I bought my 4th machine today! I bought a Central Park. I get to pick it up Tuesday evening. Playfield is a solid 9. Backglass is a 8.5 with some pin size spots missing (very easy touch ups) Cabinet is a 6. This thing needs a total repaint which will be done in January locally. Time for a 300 dollar order to PBR for a new coin door, chute, legs, etc...etc..

Congrats! I've had two of them and it is a fun game. If I had more room I would still have it.

Always remember my trip to Donal Murphy's farm near me when he invited me to see his collection (about 109 50's, 60's, 70's GTB's mostly including a Challenger) - RIP Don. He sold me a new monkey while I was there. Didn't even have to pay shipping from PBR.

1 week later
#3291 9 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Here's a game i looked at sometime ago.The game played through without any problems and needed 50 +hours of work.I passed on it and regret not grabbing it at the time.Priced on the low end too.What was i thinking that day.

Love the artwork on Flipper Fair........

FlipperFair4-12 009-68.jpg 169 KB

FlipperFair4-12 001.jpg 237 KB

FlipperFair4-12 010.jpg 157 KB

FlipperFair4-12 006.jpg 256 KB

FlipperFair4-12 004.jpg 238 KB

#3313 9 years ago

I recently picked up a working GTB Universe from a local that was moving. The Universe is mostly original (including bg) with the exception of a couple of bells that were missing, and a GTB 70's style on/off switch with new power cord. Someone painted the legs too. Fun to play.

Also, I included a pic of my Pop-a-Card which is next to my Dimension. I picked up the Pop-a-Card along with a Captain Card (in storage) awhile back from deep in the woods of northern Wisconsin (cheese head territory). Those 2 have been getting a lot of play as of late. Around the corner from these is Abra, El Dorado, and Jacks Open.

Universe - col 005.JPGUniverse - col 005.JPG
Universe - col 004.JPGUniverse - col 004.JPG
Universe - col 011.JPGUniverse - col 011.JPG
Universe - col 019.JPGUniverse - col 019.JPG
Universe - col 020.JPGUniverse - col 020.JPG
Universe - col 021.JPGUniverse - col 021.JPG
Universe - col 009.JPGUniverse - col 009.JPG
Universe - col 010.JPGUniverse - col 010.JPG
Universe - col 014.JPGUniverse - col 014.JPG
Universe - col 016.JPGUniverse - col 016.JPG

#3318 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Very nice! I want a Gottlieb Universe. Love the layout and the retro "space race/sci-fi" theme.

I've been playing the heck out of it since I fixed the minor issues with the game. Landing in the gobble hole awards either 100, 200, or 300 points and for every 100 points or completed trip the knocker goes off. So, if you land in the the gobble hole and it's lit for 300 points it's knock-knock-knock - sounds like a machine gun. It sounds as if someone is winning a ton of games when you play it I'm going to work on the left flippers tonight.

#3319 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You scored, dude!

Yes I did. We snarf up a woodrail here in Illinois every now and then. Nothing like you guys out east that have a chance to buy trailer loads at an auction

#3324 9 years ago

The inventory for the seasonal business has to go under and over the pins.
Better than have it take the place of the pins

#3328 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice Universe Hoov. One similar may be coming my way soon...

Hope you get it!

My paint under the legs is not faded at all so the paint held up well on this game beings it's 55 years old. Probably housed in a dark basement for most of it's adult life. The front of the cabinet/coin door area is the worst part of the cabinet. Normal wear around the ball lift and shooter and there were holes drilled in two places for a security bar. Coin door is mangled a bit in the top right corner. Legs are painted - no biggie.

Both the playfield and backglass are good for their age - won't need a repro bg (if it's even available - didn't look).

#3332 9 years ago

Wow, looks nice wayner!

You guys in AU sure know how to restore pins! Fishermans Bay now has a mechanical museum!

#3344 9 years ago

Awesome Lucky Hand. It didn't take you long to get 24 games! You Minnesota guys sure have nice game rooms.

Question - do you have your 2001 in your collection playing or is it in storage right now? Just curious as to how game play compares to the Dimension.

I also see you have a Close Encounters em - sweet.

#3352 9 years ago

And, it varies by manufacturer too. I know someone who looked at Bally em's closely that were shipped overseas. He spoke to overseas owners to get an idea of serial number ranges, etc.. You can spend a lot of time researching this topic! If you look at serial number ranges of a title and go the the IPSND you can get clues as to where some games went. Unfortunately, not enough data has been submitted on some games.

And you also have an idea of how many games are available for sale here in the US. Certain titles are spotted more in certain parts of the US too. Atlantis is one example. Hard to find in the NE right now but more prevalent in the Midwest.

#3354 9 years ago

I agree too - boilerman is right - makes sense for late 70's games.

#3373 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Abra Ca Dabra is another machine I purchased from hoov some months ago and completed a restoration a little while back. I really enjoy playing this machine-a great player, good ruleset and it looks terrific. Those blinking eyes of the wiz... at games end are captivating.

AcD1.jpg 41 KB

AcD2.jpg 46 KB

AcD3.jpg 27 KB

Another great looking game now that you're done with it wayner. I can't believe how that parts order from Pinball Resource, Pinball Rescue, etc., made such a difference in your restoration. It looks super!

1 week later
#3414 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

added another one to the already over crowded garage
very nice machine near mint backglass great cab and flawless pf it is just dirty and needs a good cleaning
I never really played this one but a few times but was told by many that the one at Allentown this year was a great player so I thought I would give try

20141231_111236.jpg 194 KB

20141231_111342.jpg 194 KB

20141231_111352.jpg 247 KB

20141231_111200.jpg 88 KB

Nice looking game boilerman! I want that title myself.

#3415 9 years ago

Universe comes out and North Star goes in! Thanks to dirtflipper ("The Broker") for the lead on this one. The cabinet needed touched up or re-painted so I went the touch-up route for now and it looks ok. I only did the front - may go back and do the sides and back later when I have more time. The playfield has your normal 60's flipper drag which is common but I can live with it.

NS in line-up 001.JPGNS in line-up 001.JPG NS in line-up 002.JPGNS in line-up 002.JPG NS in line-up 004.JPGNS in line-up 004.JPG North Star 002.JPGNorth Star 002.JPG North Star 003.JPGNorth Star 003.JPG North Star 004.JPGNorth Star 004.JPG
#3418 9 years ago

The Universe was fun but I had to make room for the North Star because of space issues. I didn't have it long enough (2 weeks) to even know if it would be a keeper. Plus, I primarily collect Gottlieb 60's - 70's wedgeheads.

Now, if you want an honest evaluation, contact odin in a few months after he get's his set up.

#3439 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

Though these aren't games, I did get a couple EM related novelties from arcadenovelties.com over the holidays. They have the rights to reproduce Gottlieb logos and backglass images on shirts, mugs, keychains, etc.
They were offering free shipping over $65, IIRC. I had been looking at getting a custom t-shirt with the D. Gottlieb banner logo on the top left front and the Flipper Skill Games image on the back. Since this didn't reach the amount for the free shipping I picked a couple other things and thought I'd comment on their quality if anyone here had been thinking about ordering from them.
First, the shirt is really nice. As you can tell the ink seems like its part of the shirt and not some shiny decal that will crack after a couple washes. Size was accurate as well.
The clock was, well, $15. It's plastic with basically a cardboard insert with the image on it. Runs on a single AA which is included. I hung it above the doorway in my home theater/family room. Looks good. Those pop bumper style clocks are probably a lot nicer but, they're more than fifteen bucks too.
I bought two keychains. I think they'd look pretty cool on a pin's key ring. One for my Top Card and a Flipper Skill Game one for my Sunshine since they didn't have one specifically for that game. They're metal and have printing on both sides. The Flipper Skill Game one is nice but the print on the Top Card is a little soft. Price? Ten bucks a piece. A little expensive.
Final thoughts. I know paying for the license and for Cafe Press to make these items costs money so, no regrets in my purchase at all. My opinion. If it wasn't for trying to meet the free shipping, I would have dropped the clock. The keychains are cool. Just wish the printing was sharper. The shirt, which is what I really wanted anyway, is excellent. Top notch quality, at least out of the box. But, I would highly recommend their shirts if you were thinking about one.

image-5.jpg 282 KB

image-560.jpg 224 KB

Over the last 5 years, I've bought from Arcade Novelties 6 large coffee mugs and 3 ball caps - all with Gottlieb em branding - either game specific or logo related stuff. I would recommend them all.

Support businesses that carry Gottlieb liscensed products!

#3440 9 years ago

BTW, I like that t-shirt. May get one next order as I now have a $5 coupon.

#3443 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

If you do, it's an Ash Gray color. I really don't like white shirts as I hate doing my wash separately. Yes. Even though I'm married, I do my clothes and my wife does hers. That's what 10+ years of living alone does to a guy. They get...independent.
Anyway, the guy at arcade novelties seemed to forget that he offered that color with that print. Just point him this way if he does.

Thanks for that.

You need to take the D. Gottlieb & Co. logo that you have on the front of your shirt and have it put on a tan colored ball cap - good combination and it looks good.

1 week later
#3467 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Second game on the list is an EM El Dorado for $1400. Not very much flexibility on price, and it's a 7 hour round trip.
I am mulling it over, though. Would appreciate any input.

Not a bad deal. Not a great deal but not a bad deal either. I go on 7 hr. round trips all the time for pins and now gas prices are down which means you may save another $50+ there. Anytime you don't have to ship a pin you're ahead of the game.

Of the three titles you mentioned Abra Ca Dabra seems to be the best buy and not in quite as much demand as the others..... They're all tough pins to find.

#3471 9 years ago
Quoted from rebel1963:

That's alot of awsome machines guys.
I'm on a quest to get my first EM but i can already see that its going to be
a hard quest to complete. Every time i find what i'm looking for its to far to
drive or some one beats me to it.

You might contact local folks who can help you find a game and go to shows local to you. And, watch Craigslist, Mr. Pinball Classifieds, ebay, etc. closely, so you get a chance to get one of those em's. I think a 1 - 4 hour one-way trip to get a game is worth it for the right title - and in very good condition.

#3474 9 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Thanks! I think I just needed someone to sell me on the idea of driving 8 hours total and spending over a grand for an EM.
I've got a deal worked out for El Dorado, and should be picking it up later this week.

You won't regret it!

Now, find room for the other three!

1 week later
#3500 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Amusement Pinballs
as American as Baseball and Hot Dogs

Looks vonderful!

#3501 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

finished my egg head, boy what a hard game

Looks great Dave!

Hard game to beat?

#3516 9 years ago

Awesome collection ZNET

2 weeks later
#3572 9 years ago

Looks great wayner!

#3581 9 years ago

Congrats wayner!

Great addition to your collection.

#3597 9 years ago

That Hit the Deck looks great! Another great restoration.

I played one of dirt's (he had two at the time) and was surprised how fast and how fun that title was. Some of these low production games made at the end of the em era are snooze fests but not this one.

#3602 9 years ago
Quoted from greenechidna:

G'day from Australia. Just discovered Pinside and this amazing thread.

Welcome aboard the SS Pinside greenechidna

wayner is another pinsider (very talented guy and nice to boot) in AU who was selling his Pro Football. He's north of Sydney.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

£ 38.00
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

£ 38.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
£ 49.00
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Lewiston, NY
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
495 posts in this topic match your search for posts by hoov. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hoov.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=hoov and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.