Topic Stats

• 11,489 posts
  • 639 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Ballypin
  • Topic is favorited by 175 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,386 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181011_171818 (resized).jpg
20181011_170734 (resized).jpg
2019-03-17 10.39.26 (resized).jpg
2019-03-17 10.39.22 (resized).jpg
RB77 (resized).jpg
9082ec6b3e68c86941a1ede9f53df33923cc61db (resized).jpg
684e43efae4c59e7bea42d183b0ca4f247b73c6e (resized).jpg
DSCN1608 (resized).JPG
DSCN1330 (resized).JPG
DSCN1607 (resized).JPG
DSCN1323 (resized).JPG
IMG_9743 (resized).JPG
DSC_0001 (1) (resized).JPG
A20AAF0A-AC1E-4BCA-82C4-692AF914215C (resized).jpeg
64048E48-5843-4EA9-A2E5-5717A07328FC (resized).jpeg
4E1DB5E6-BF37-4BCD-934A-A7A8AA0ABDC8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3790 4 years ago

Love that you have all three iterations of that great playfield: El Dorado, Target Alpha and Solar City. Very cool. I'd love to find a good Target Alpha. It's on my wishlist.

#3824 4 years ago

Cool! I've actually never come across this game, but very fun (and nice-looking) playfield and glass!

#3856 4 years ago

Frax is that a restoration you did? Looks great! What playfield is that?

#3873 4 years ago

Great collection, beadwindow! I'm heading down your way on Saturday to (hopefully) pick up a nice-looking Gottlieb Fast Draw.

#3880 4 years ago

Nice, shiny new coin door, Rat! Shiny =Good.

1 week later
#3928 3 years ago

Great job, Shapeshifter! I'm impressed. Pretty game!

#3947 3 years ago
Quoted from mtbpinball:

My 3 current and a past couple. Great games. Had fun with all of them. I allways liked drop target games. Some had a good game and others great artwork.

DSCN5076.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
december 2009 002.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
december 2009 001.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

All three great games. I just secured a Target Alpha today (been looking for a while!) in good condition and will be picking it up April 19. Can't wait!

#3948 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I won 1st place for best 60's game at the Texas Pinball Festival. I also won two red "runner up" ribbons for my Surf Side I will post that picture tomorrow when I have the game back together.

11050822_10200506436099905_178867140235499728_n.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Congratulations, Rat! That's awesome!

1 week later
#4007 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Vic worked his magic on the "no longer somewhat ragged Cross Town", he schlepped home in his Caddy a little over a week ago. Behold!852.jpeg (Click image to enlarge)
It's going to need a little more of his special touch, but it's playing through a game now, and looks (and smells!) worlds better than it did nine days ago.

Wowzers!

#4019 3 years ago

Nice, JR. Are Square Head and Egg Head basically the same game? There's a guy not too far from me who's been offering an Egg Head for about $1k. Looks like a really nice game but wasn't sure. What's your opinion on it?

2 weeks later
#4163 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it was a good pinball week..

20150503_163536.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I'll say! Holy cow!

1 week later
#4258 3 years ago

Here's the beginnings of my EM collection. I've only been at it since mid-January but I'm very proud of my lineup. Hope to add a nice Gottlieb Bank-A-Ball later this month and then will have room for one more wedgehead after that.

Three_EMs.jpgThree_EMs_2.jpg

#4260 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Nice start.
Mr. Obvious chiming in here but either the legs on TA and B are too tall(should be 27.5") or the legs on FL are short (should be 31").

Yes, the legs on Fun Land are too short. I have an order going to Steve this week to get new legs and a few other items I want/need.

2 weeks later
#4434 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Here is the start of the finish. My Ken Head repainted North Star cabinet came home today.
Thanks, Ken!!
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

How much availability does Ken have to do repaints? What does he typically charge?

#4435 3 years ago

Added a really nice 1965 Gottlieb Bank-a-Ball this weekend. Purchased from Pinsider Tuna_Delight. Included a brand-new repro back-glass. Still in the market for a nice card-themed Gottlieb and a nice bowling-themed Gottlieb:

BankaBall_and_Target Alpha_Lit.jpg

BankABall_Head_Lit.jpg

Four EMs Overhead.jpg

Four_EMs.jpg

#4438 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

great pick up.. it is a game I sold and missed it so much I just had to get another. you will definitely like it. one of the best 60's games
shopping my BaB right now

20150527_114700.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Thanks! I like it alot! I've also cleared the playfield and (even though Tuna_Delight had it nice and clean when I bought it) did a cleaning and am doing some minor touch-ups. Looks great so far! Going to clean all the metal parts while it's apart. Should have it waxed back up again by the weekend.

#4472 3 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Multiple Atlanti (plural of Atlantis?)

20150601_102137.jpg

Drool. Would love to buy an Atlantis!

2 weeks later
#4666 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Hard to believe that game is original. Looks like it just came out of the box.
Here's my Top Card playfield that HSA is doing for me. I'll do the playfield swap when I get it back.
topcard.jpg

Have been loving this game since I picked it up a few weeks ago. Just a solid, no-nonsense pinball machine from that era. Lots of fun, challenging, great chimes, and pretty to look at too!

3 weeks later
#4791 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Grand Prix is one of the last two three inch flipper EMs I have. It is one of the better machines from the 70s IMO. Lots of different features and goals. Great for competition.

What's the other one?

1 week later
#4859 3 years ago

Here's the latest shot of my collection, now with Quick Draw. Still planning to get the glass for Top Card done by BGResto. Have about 4 more titles I want to add as well.

Also awaiting the coin door inserts from PBR (somehow I forgot to order those with my last order).

IMG_0365.jpgIMG_0366.jpg

#4865 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wow, just lovely! I'm jealous!

Muchas gracias, amendes!

2 weeks later
#4947 3 years ago
Quoted from frg:

So finally King of Diamonds arrived
For now my wedgehead line up is complete and I am super happy. Bowling Queen will get a new coin door, but that's it...

Great lineup! Congratulations!

#4998 3 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Here it is from Allentown 2014. I have lots of pix from that trip and also bought my 2nd Slick Chick that was next to the GA.
J
golden_arrow.png

Such a pretty game!

1 week later
#5026 3 years ago

Beautiful game. I'd love a bowling-themed game to add to my collection. I've always thought King Pin was my fave, but this makes me think Bowling Queen could occupy that slot as well.

#5029 3 years ago

Welcome! Won't be long until you're addicted to the feel, the sound, the smell of that old game and keep buying more and more!

2 weeks later
#5050 3 years ago
Quoted from Jesder:

My first EM - Gottlieb Space Orbit. Owned for about 18 months now.
An add-a-ball machine that was originally exported to Italy and then imported here to Australia in a container a few years ago. From there it was purchased by a collector in Sydney and then made it's way to me in Melbourne.
spaceorbit_1.jpg
spaceorbit_2.jpg
spaceorbit_3.jpg
spaceorbit_4.jpg

Very cool game!

4 weeks later
#5157 3 years ago

Wow, Abra, Atlantis, Jacks Open and Sky Jump -- fantastic! Like the King Rock and Hit the Deck as well! Very nice lineup, bicyclenut!

4 months later
#5665 3 years ago

Atlantis has now joined the lineup!

IMG_1060_(resized).jpg

IMG_1084_(resized).jpg

IMG_1066_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#5712 3 years ago

That game is amazing. I love that artwork.

#5715 3 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

No repaint, the cabinet is original. It was pretty dirty and yellowed. I cleaned it up with magic eraser and rubbing compound. It is a slow and careful process but it came out nice. The red and blue areas were very lighted cleaned to avoid removing any of the paint. The white is more durable. Luckily it was not heavily scratched or "enhanced" with carved initials. The area around the front door has some wear and I've considered just painting just that area as it is all white. I repainted the door itself since it was all scratched up.

What kind of rubbing compound? Just like turtle wax liquid polishing compound or similar? Or something different. I might try that on some trouble spots on my Quick Draw cabinet.

1 week later
#5766 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Here is the current gameroom lineup. I have a few more EMs in the garage to be repaired or restored. Just picked up a Paul Bunyan too!

20160301_200403_(resized).jpg20160301_200503_(resized).jpg

Great looking collection and game-room. We have similar tastes in EMs as I too have an Atlantis, Target Alpha and Quick Draw (and soon possibly a 2001). Wish I also had a C37 and ABCD like yours! Did you put the playfield protector on your Atlantis? Curious your experience with it.

#5767 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's my current lineup. The ACD and Atlantis are original but touched up. The Top Card and Royal Guard are restored.
My Williams St games are restored (Ding Dong) and original (River Boat)
The rest are currently stored or undergoing restoration. 20160227_155704_(resized).jpg20160227_155656_(resized).jpg

Great collection! I regret selling my Top Card recently, but it should make way for a 2001.

3 weeks later
#5849 2 years ago

Doesn't look like Inkochnito has them. I'd think someone here could do a scan and then you (or if you have someone who knows what they're doing) can clean it up in photo-shop or gimp and get you a new file) can print it yourself using a new file.

#5854 2 years ago

I started a new thread on this game, but had to post here as well. Lucky Hand has joined the lineup of my small collection via trade (swapped my 2001 for it). Very excited to have one AAB in my collection!

I also recently added that Coke marquee sign -- using the right side for high scores and the left as a nostalgic menu of foods I love from my home state of Texas but can't get up here in the Pacific NW, haha!

IMG_7558_(resized).JPG
IMG_7544_(resized).JPG
IMG_7540_(resized).JPG
IMG_7541_(resized).JPG
IMG_7548_(resized).JPG

#5863 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I picked this one up the other day from my buddy.

game_(resized).jpghead_(resized).jpg

Beautiful game, and with your new glass from ebay it will be even better.

1 week later
#5910 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveBuckholts:

Just bought this from a friend. Was in the corner of his bar, covered in dirt, dust, nicotine and beer spills. Just an initial scrubbing and been playing it like crazy. Needs some bulbs, a good detailing ("shopping"?, not familiar w/ terminology yet), and I need to do some reading on the match feature. It isn't working.

JQ8_(resized).jpgJQ1_(resized).jpgJQ2_(resized).jpgJQ3_(resized).jpgJQ4_(resized).jpgJQ5_(resized).jpgJQ6_(resized).jpgJQ7_(resized).jpgJQ9_(resized).jpgJQ_10_(resized).jpg

Great pick-up. This is the right place if you have questions about restoration, clean-up, mechanical issues!

#5913 2 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Half my woodrail room finished.
Remote control turns these 5 games on.
Original 1950's nickels and dimes on the games.
Kind of like how it must have been like ( minus the remote control! )

IMG_9521.JPGIMG_9522.JPG

Beautiful wood-rail collection, Shapeshifter! I like your back-glass wall art as well. Really adds to the atmosphere!

#5920 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Another "Melody" in a "Sing Along" cabinet. How does this happen? Did they maybe make some that way? Do the serial numbers match?

Great game. I'm still sad I had to pass on the one that Tuna Delight was selling last month (also in a Sing Along cabinet). Congrats!

#5961 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

2_(resized).jpg
3_(resized).jpg
4_(resized).jpg
1_(resized).jpg
here is a before and after of one I did this weekend

Gorgeous!

#5992 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveBuckholts:

So this should be in my mailbox this afternoon...I'm stoked to get started really cleaning this machine up. The only bad thing is that I have to quit playing it to clean it.
Has anyone used this cleaner/wax from patelrock? I'm thinking about using it but then actually applying a coat of carnuba afterwards.
I also need to do some more reading on leveling the inserts. I'm leaning toward leaving them alone though. It seems to add some character to play.

pin_tune_up_kit_(resized).jpg

When I first got into the hobby I used it. It's not bad. It's a small bottle so longer-term you'll get something else. Tim Meighan (one of the best restorers in America, based here in Seattle) recommended that after de-populating the playfield I use a simple liquid polishing compound from Turtle Wax (can get at any auto parts store) to clean before waxing. It's gentle and really does a great job getting dirt off.

Opinions here on waxes are as plentiful as the folks who post here, but a good Blitz wax or other (currently I'm using Maguire's #26 and absolutely LOVE it).

Good luck!

#6074 2 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ok you guys are probably sick of me but I just finished my El Dorado today. This thing was kinda beat. New backglass, plastics, drop targets coin door, shopped the payfield and new legs. So yeah, I've sunk some money into this one. But it's worth it. I'm leaving the cabinet alone. It's in pretty good shape, a few nicks here and there. I rebuilt the flippers and used orange dot Gottlieb coils only on the bottom 2. It plays really fast and smooth. Wish I had a new Wade playfield for it. Love this game and it's going to stay in my house for a long time.

IMG_6964_2_(resized).JPGIMG_6963_(resized).JPG

A beautiful game -- well worth that investment (I did the same on my Atlantis, but was also forced to do a full repaint and kept my backglass) -- and it's a keeper as you said for many years to come. Congratulations on a gorgeous El Dorado! Love it!

1 year later
#8732 1 year ago
Quoted from oohlou:

I finally joined the EM club this week! Added my first 2 EMs: Solar City and Far Out.

Congrats from a fellow Texan -- they look great!

#8739 1 year ago
Quoted from boilerman:

decided to repaint something this weekend that needed to be done. so i picked this one

Looks great. My Lucky Hand needs a repaint at some point. Did you buy stencils or make them?

2 months later
#9252 1 year ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Would love to get a captain card to go next to my high hand. Played a captain at the nw pin show... totally different pin. Though the one I played had crappy flickering LED's in it. Incandescent bulbs all the way please, in rebuilt or new sockets.

How was the show this year? I miss not going this year -- that would've been a long trek!

7 months later
#10244 1 year ago

Here's two shots from today of my set-up here in San Antonio. Working on the second Quick Draw (to sell; not pictured) and in the market for another project or game to add to my own collection...

IMG_E0070 (resized).jpg

IMG_E0072 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#10286 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoski:

That showed up yesterday. Still haven't replaced the lamps on the PF. Got it working perfectly and put all LEDs underneath and most in the back.

Nice! Is this the one out of San Antonio?

#10349 1 year ago

WD-40 seems like a great way to have a flash-fire inside your cabinet. No thank you.

#10366 1 year ago

Space Odyssey is a game I'd like to own!

#10378 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

We got it goin on now.

Looks great! O-Din, how many games in your collection now?

#10400 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

Attention!!. Does anyone have a gottlieb funland pin.would like to get some pics as I'm having a few problems.thanks.

I had one and still have lots of pics. What are you wanting specifically?

#10402 1 year ago

Ok let me look this evening to see if I have shots of those.

#10405 1 year ago

Pinballbrian I checked and although I have lots of playfield pics of Funland I only have a few of the mechanicals inside the game and not enough detail likely to help. I’m happy to send then if you like but am not sure they’d be much help.

1 week later
#10450 1 year ago
Quoted from Doodbird:

Organizing the barn today...need To get busy on the EMs.

Wish I could find a Big Brave or Big Indian project game!

1 week later
#10473 1 year ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Some satisfying before and after playfield pictures of Atlantis:

The game had a little more wear than I had anticipated, but I think it turned out really nice!

Looks fantastic. Nice work, sir!

#10479 1 year ago

I had a Funland and really liked it. My kids loved it. Unfortunately, I wanted a 2001 more and so I sold the Funland to free up room (and $) for the 2001. Which I then subsequently traded for a Lucky Hand.

Anyway, you'll like it a lot! Very pretty playfield.

#10481 1 year ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Thanks!
One of the score reels has a contact that is broken off. I'll be looking for a score reel to replace it with. The ones I have in my parts bin are all the later 70's model.

Which part of the reel do you mean? A switch contact?

#10483 1 year ago

I believe that’s the end of stroke switch. Post a pic of the broken switch and of the whole score reel unit. I mighty have an extra and if not I’m sure someone on here does.

I just finished doing “transplant surgery“ on a quick draw I am restoring, transplanting blades from some donor reels for end of strike switch blades that were broken or contacts are missing.

I think I may have an older reel laying around too.

#10513 1 year ago
Quoted from monsonb:

I am supposed to get mine soon. Thanks for the preview.

When you use BGResto, I know it takes a long time, but does he give you updates along the way so you have a ballpark idea od how long it will take and when it will be ready?

#10563 1 year ago

Phenomenal game. Really cool to see one in that pristine condition. I dream of finding something like that...

#10603 12 months ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I don't post here anymore and have no plans to return (I'm sure it's best for everybody - forums are clearly not my forte) but wanted to pop in and say hello. I'm doing very well.
If I can't say I'm doing well myself, 2 tons of pinball on the road should! Even without Pinside my passion is higher than ever and still scoring $100 deals left and right. Hobby is well and good in the middle of PA. Even the Amish can't resist

Insecure much?

2 weeks later
#10708 11 months ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Brought home my first EM this past weekend! Did a lot of cleaning on the game and plugged it in last night. Game starts up and looks great expect I push start and ...nothing. I have a manual on order from Marco along with some other supplies.

Great title! As Scott says, first check for credits (or that the middle switch on the credit unit is bent closed for free-play). Does the back-box illuminate? Do you have "TILT" on the glass before hitting start?

You should start a separate thread, though, so we don't hijack this one with trouble-shooting your game. Folks will be happy to help, but create a new thread, please.

2 weeks later
#10769 10 months ago

100% agree with EM Pinman’s suggestion. Read that entire site on EMs and then you’ll have a good working knowledge of where to start. (Oh, and never use WD-40 on an EM. You will find a very few instances where a DROP of oil can be helpful but that’s it).

Welcome to the EM club!

#10778 10 months ago

Love the slight under-spray on your cabinet. Did you repaint? How'd you manage the under-spray? Looks factory!

Also love the fact that your inserts are perfectly flat and the black key-lines look perfect. What's your process on both? Nice work sir!

1 week later
#10812 10 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Well, these were mine, but they sold at Pinfest. Love the cash, but it stung a little to part with them.

Beautiful game! And fun! I played it at the Seattle Pinball Museum when I lived there. Yours is in better shape than theirs!

#10816 10 months ago

Just posted an ad on this Quick Draw, which is now finished after many months, is also ready for sale (thought I had an out-of-state buyer but he flaked out):

IMG_1080 (resized).jpg
IMG_1105 (resized).jpg
IMG_1108 (resized).jpg
IMG_1107 (resized).jpg
IMG_1109 (resized).jpg
IMG_1111 (resized).jpg
IMG_E1079 (resized).jpg
IMG_E1081 (resized).jpg
IMG_E1093 (resized).jpg

IMG_1110 (resized).jpg

#10827 10 months ago
Quoted from bloodonthepins:

that looks really nice.

Thank you very much!

#10829 10 months ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Kinda want it. Playfield seems too nice for a repro.

Glass is a repro. Playfield is not — if that’s what you’re asking?

#10831 10 months ago
Quoted from hoov:

He's just saying your pf is nice enough where he won't need to buy a repro for it

Makes sense. Thanks!

1 week later
#10851 10 months ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Jacks Open may edge out Atlantis here. Maybe. An all around great game.

I have it's Add-A-Ball cousin Lucky Hand. Agreed, great game. Of course, enjoy my Atlantis too!

#10894 10 months ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

gotta love the wedgeheads

Next time I'm up on the Falcon I'll have to swing by to see your collection, too, sir!

#10912 10 months ago

PF a good candidate for the Sharpie Method that restorer extraordinaire Tim Meighan (TimMe on Pinside) does so well.

3 weeks later
#10949 9 months ago
Quoted from pencilneck:

One of the ongoing projects:

If interested, photo dump here:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/6OzDoCiIy73Dwyqa2

I like the bowling ball detail. Cool. I’m restoring a second King Pin as well right now.

#10967 9 months ago
Quoted from MT45:

Already posted my pic a few posts back but there is nothing cuter than a Miniature Schnauzer ON an EM Pinball.
I'm still tweaking my Twin Win so it sits in the living area near the sofa. Shiloh thought it looked like a great place to explore!

That wacky Shiloh.

8 months later
#11445 20 days ago

Recent pic. Top Score (to be sold later this spring) is out of frame being shopped out. Top Card and Big Hit will follow into the shop. That Drop a Card on the right will need significant cabinet work before I start on the game itself.

C34614AC-70D4-40A4-A9AC-640F60B86891 (resized).jpeg

#11447 20 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

How you liking it in TX, since moving (back?) from the NW?
Has your EM collection recovered from the move.

Love living in Texas. The EMs survived. I sold the Target Alpha I brought down from Gig Harbor but I have the rest. I’ve added a King Pin, a Big Hit, a Drop a Card (needs complete restoration) a Top Card and a Top Score.

I’ve also bought / restored / sold a second Quick Draw and second King Pin, along with a Spin A Card while in a Texas.

On the hunt for others in my wishlist...

#11455 19 days ago
Quoted from Coyote:

My Big Ben playfield. Cleared, touched up, and ready to be assembled![quoted image][quoted image]

What's your technique to get the black inserts repainted? I've hand painted them and they usually turn out well, but yours look almost perfect.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
£ 89.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Horseheads, NY
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
825 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 22.00
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 39.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
£ 29.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 269.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 67.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rio Rancho, NM
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Mateo, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider goldenboy232.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside