20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davebuckholts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5909 8 years ago

Just bought this from a friend. Was in the corner of his bar, covered in dirt, dust, nicotine and beer spills. Just an initial scrubbing and been playing it like crazy. Needs some bulbs, a good detailing ("shopping"?, not familiar w/ terminology yet), and I need to do some reading on the match feature. It isn't working.

JQ8_(resized).jpgJQ8_(resized).jpg

JQ1_(resized).jpgJQ1_(resized).jpg

JQ2_(resized).jpgJQ2_(resized).jpg

JQ3_(resized).jpgJQ3_(resized).jpg

JQ4_(resized).jpgJQ4_(resized).jpg

JQ5_(resized).jpgJQ5_(resized).jpg

JQ6_(resized).jpgJQ6_(resized).jpg

JQ7_(resized).jpgJQ7_(resized).jpg

JQ9_(resized).jpgJQ9_(resized).jpg

JQ_10_(resized).jpgJQ_10_(resized).jpg

#5991 8 years ago

So this should be in my mailbox this afternoon...I'm stoked to get started really cleaning this machine up. The only bad thing is that I have to quit playing it to clean it.
Has anyone used this cleaner/wax from patelrock? I'm thinking about using it but then actually applying a coat of carnuba afterwards.
I also need to do some more reading on leveling the inserts. I'm leaning toward leaving them alone though. It seems to add some character to play.

pin_tune_up_kit_(resized).jpgpin_tune_up_kit_(resized).jpg

#6000 8 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Looks like one of Pat's kits!
Love his stuff. He always includes the little nice-to-haves... including coin door decals

It is one of his kits. Really nice and complete with the decal. I'm uncertain of using the cleaner/wax and then being able to apply a carnuba wax afterwards because the cleaner/wax contains petroleum distillates..??

#6008 8 years ago

That Jungle looks awesome. PF looks real nice. Is the apron original? Nice job!!

#6009 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

That shouldn't be an issue by the time you go to apply wax. The distillates should be evaporated by then.

Quoted from EMsInKC:

The carnauba is going to have distillates in it too. Pure carnauba is hard as a brick and they're used to soften it.

Thank you two for easing my mind.

#6076 8 years ago

So I cleaned and waxed the playfield on my Jungle Queen. Put all new rubbers on everything, new 47 bulbs and a new shiney ball. Now this thing is alive! Plays way better, faster and the ball spin is treacherous. I love it! I forgot to take pics. I was excited to see the difference in playability and then couldn't stop....

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#6230 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

..... Also, I am going to try my skills at making a poly carbonate playfield protector for this one. The reason being there are a ton of really cupped inserts directly in front of the flippers. The game will play like the lunar surface without some sort of leveling on the inserts.

My Jungle Queen inserts are cupped pretty badly. I'm interested in this approach. How thick is the poly used?

Thanks,

Dave

#6273 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

You have it outside?

If he's like me, after the initial clean-up, he couldn't wait for it to be moved inside before playing it!

#6276 7 years ago
Quoted from DK:

It was too dirty at first for me to clean it inside

I did the first round of cleaning of my JQ while it was still in the back of my truck! 40 years of beer, nicotine and who knows what was a nasty first cleaning!

1 month later
#6550 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's a couple of shots of the progress I'm making on my Williams Hot Line restoration. Obviously the one picture is of the cab before I stripped it down, but the head condition was similar. I did go a bit darker with the blue on the repaint, I think it's a much richer color and makes the backglass really pop. That's a bgresto glass repro.

Oooooooo!!! I'm finally getting out to TX to pick up my Hot Line and Spirit of 76 in August. Hopefully they will both clean up nicely..... Your resto is looking good!

00U0U_2vh4hiSiOYG_600x450_(resized).jpg00U0U_2vh4hiSiOYG_600x450_(resized).jpg

#6555 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Playfield restoration coming along. New bumper bodies, rod and ring, skirts, flipper and bumper rebuild, all rollover buttons replaced. New target faces, and re-rubbered.
The side rails and stained inner rail are just sitting in place, the rails need another coat of paint. Just need to do a bit of under playfield soldering and it's about done.

Pretty!! Man, I hope my playfield cleans up as well. Where did the rollover replacements come from?

7 months later
#8071 7 years ago

Here's the first video of my "Pretty Baby" during it's pf cleanup.

For some reason I didn't talk while filming so just a bunch of quiet, feel free to sing your favorite tune or do your own narration!

I have 2 more videos loading but the Internet speed out here past the woods stinks.

#8085 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Between the two of you I see six metal 2 inch flipper bats. Very impressive!

I was skeptical if I would like the play on "Pretty Baby", but after all the rubbers being replaced and the pf being cleaned and waxed, it's actually a fun game.
I did notice that in pics from ipdb there is a rebound post (?) in between the flippers that is not present on the game pictured at ipdb. Maybe someone's mod? I have learned to use it to my advantage though... : )
I love the upper flippers on the "King Pin"! Sort of stuck up there toward the middle of the pf. The ones on "Jungle Queen" are closer to the 3" bats. They can help you or they can hurt you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lakeville, MN
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

1,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davebuckholts.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=davebuckholts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.