Topic Stats

• 12,157 posts
  • 682 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Murphdom
  • Topic is favorited by 184 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,971 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5A8C0E1F-7294-40FA-B070-C71CB321DCF5 (resized).jpeg
F8F77BEC-0C0A-4FFC-92BE-86C1E93415EE (resized).jpeg
74018D7C-7E9A-42DE-ADEA-222068494C72 (resized).jpeg
16548030-DC43-4DE1-9297-B4ECA26F671E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191208_132327144 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191208_132332422 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191208_131246498 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191208_132311010~3 (resized).jpg
DSCN6539 (resized).JPG
IMG_5756 (resized).JPG
IMG_5755 (resized).JPG
IMG_5754 (resized).JPG
73EE5064-79EA-4EE9-A685-051AD7F98D5F (resized).jpeg
4F62CED0-DB4E-4B77-9810-8EF1A832CFF0 (resized).jpeg
B999A498-FFA1-4B0E-A9DC-DCA865D10180 (resized).jpeg
Steve the pirate (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3140 5 years ago

Anyone needs lenses, I can recommend a friend of mine - owns Pacific Rim Camera. Yes, he is a pin nerd too. Ask for Mike
http://www.pacificrimcamera.com/

1 month later
#3211 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Those are Mexican cokes made with real sugar. They all have that label. Funny, I was hearing that song wild mountain honey in my head when we opened that jar.
Dan says he wants to take this one with him.

DSCN3210.JPG 192 KB

Looks like he's telling you that you are #1 !

2 months later
#3539 4 years ago

No damn powder coating or childish plastic playfield "toys" here on EMside.
These are manly pins for manly men.

1 month later
#3690 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well Ken made it over on Saturday afternoon. .

Did he go to town on your monkey?

2 weeks later
#3883 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Surf Side got some new metal tonight. It only took me 3 hours to change out the coin door but I got it done.

_surfsidenewdoor.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
_surfsideold.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Dammit, those doors from PBR look NICE!
I need three.... then once you put the door on, the coin drop housing looks shabby, & on &on. Where does the madness stop?

#3892 4 years ago
Quoted from jjpm:

They are really well done!
The only thing holding me back from picking a couple more up for my machines is that no one seems to sell the hinge for the door anymore and a rusty hinge doesn't look right with a new door (silly, I know, but I really notice it on my Flying Carpet that has one of those new doors).

Evaporust - This shit works!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cult-of-evaporust

3 weeks later
#4048 4 years ago

Rare for Aztec to have a really nice backglass. Sweet.

#4081 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Also notice there is a nice place to set your lit cigarette or stogie,
next to your beer on the shelf.

Damn, I want one of those old Williams pins just for the shelf.

#4154 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

There is another reason I like the head up on an EM. The glass. When it is straight up there is no movement (typically) unless some idiot likes to have score reels rub on the glass by not having the soft part of velcro reapplied where the old stuff was from the factory (in the head). this keeps the glass from moving at all. If the glass lays flat there is potential for movement back and forth in the channel. When I move my games I like to have the head upright when it is not attached.

Never thought about using the soft side of the Velcro for this. Good idea! Will experiment with it.

#4225 4 years ago

Damn, I need to get me a woody...

1 week later
#4288 4 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Nice Zaccaria Circus!!

Well, except the clowns part. They creep me out.

#4295 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Re-jigged my wedge line up to go AAB, replay, AAB, replay. These 4 are all great players. Ice Revue is the hardest!

Nice lineup.

1 week later
#4392 4 years ago

Stunning cabinet paintwork.

#4439 4 years ago

Love the cabinet color scheme on bank a ball.

2 weeks later
#4621 4 years ago

Works in progress---
HH RG (Small).JPG

Getting serious about clearing the High hand playfield.
Cleaning out my paint booth (err.. garden shed) today. On the fence about doing touch up, may just clear it & leave the patina.

#4623 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Is that a Thunderbird?

Good eye.
Yes 1964 convertible in Arcadian blue. My 2nd car ever-- bought it July 5th, 1978. Need to get it out more.

#4625 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The 1/4 panel contour, the lack of a wheel well molding, the mirror, and rear seat area. Were the hints I had. Colour is always tough as photos slightly alter the hues. Now were is the Fender Skirt?

Skirt is under the car. I added air to the tires last weekend -- Drove it to Hot August nights in Reno back in 1999, but it's been several years since it has been on the road. Will likely need to rebuild the carb, replace the fuel pump, & flush the fuel lines. We will see. Since the pinball bug bit the interest in the bird has diminished ....

#4649 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Come on over Dan and I will show you My "Wiggler".
Ken

Not sure I want to know what goes on in Texas..

#4675 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

The only issue with the score motors is the switch stacks sometimes have those connecting wires between stacks. On the last one I did I broke one, just soldered it back together. I'm pretty sure it's good, I'll know for sure when the game is finished.

On a side note, I had a game that had an intermittent problem. After HOURS & HOURS of cleaning switches, adjusting, etc, etc. I found a cracked solder joint on one of those connecting wires. A word to the wise, check those closely!

1 week later
#4690 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am super jealous. I saw that on CL but did not have the funds.

looks like this ones on you man, whose got the buukuu delores!

1 week later
#4765 4 years ago

Boilerman, looks like you are refinishing pins @ work....

#4768 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I'm thinking of getting one of the late 50's or early 60's Bally bingo games because I read that the earlier games are less complicated troubleshooting wise vs the later 70's games.
The heads look like monsters though. How heavy are they?

About 200+ #
The majority of the weight is in the head.

3 months later
#5190 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I'll be visiting Vegas and the PHoF next November.... It will be my first time there.... any hints on the EM pins I should look for to play?

Yeah, just find one w/o maintenance issues.
Last time I was there it was tough... hell a couple were missing the rubber tips on the shooter....

#5197 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Really? I went this January and May... most running in better condition than a lot of collectors/other shows I've been to.

Great to hear, perhaps I will go back.

2 weeks later
#5244 4 years ago

Gordon Morrison backglass women are outstanding. IMHO

#5251 4 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

BTW Someones know if with some soundproofing,my EM will make less noise?I overestimate the noise being in an apartment

You guys are thinking too much into this, just put an on/off toggle switch on the ground lead to the chime box & be done with it.

1 month later
#5352 4 years ago

Sexy paint job on that surfer. Has to be one of Gottlieb's better cabinet paint schemes.

#5381 3 years ago

I like the look of the two ringed flippers.

1 week later
#5412 3 years ago

Probably smells better too!

#5421 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

there is a lot of good parts in there. I would buy as many as I could at 40 a pop

Hell yes!

1 month later
#5610 3 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Thanks for the compliments guys-
That's the NOS field that came from Italy. Lots of TLC and help with parts from PBR, and some re-plated stuff from Mike Chestnut. This is someone else's game, but I have a lesser copy for myself. Thing is fun to play. Feast or famine. When the Wow targets do get lit, they can really be generous Pop! Pop! Pop!

So cool!
AAB pins are pretty rare out here in Oregon. Played a couple at the PNW pin show & loved them. 2001 is sweet, & this looks even better.
A+++

#5613 3 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

No Vic,
Carefully touched up as part of the restoration. Here's a couple before pics
20160109_130857_(resized).jpg
20160109_130847_(resized).jpg

Just some minor touchup work then I see.

#5630 3 years ago

The LED's in those look out of place IMHO.
But to each their own.

#5642 3 years ago

Nice diverse lineup.

1 week later
#5711 3 years ago

That is bad-ass.

#5735 3 years ago

Wow. That Wizard looks great

#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Wizard! has my vote as having the best art package in pinball.

That era of Bally had some great art....... Captain Fantastic & Old Chicago too

1 month later
#5948 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

"Missed it by that Much!"
A worthy High Score, get your pencil and mark the door way next to the pin. Or grease pen on the backglass.

Or just carve it into the side of the head like we did back in the day. I'm sure o-din won't mind.

#6072 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Ok you guys are probably sick of me but I just finished my El Dorado today. This thing was kinda beat. New backglass, plastics, drop targets coin door, shopped the payfield and new legs. So yeah, I've sunk some money into this one. But it's worth it. I'm leaving the cabinet alone. It's in pretty good shape, a few nicks here and there. I rebuilt the flippers and used orange dot Gottlieb coils only on the bottom 2. It plays really fast and smooth. Wish I had a new Wade playfield for it. Love this game and it's going to stay in my house for a long time.

IMG_6964_2_(resized).JPGIMG_6963_(resized).JPG

Great looking pin, but ditch the LED's on the playfield!

2 weeks later
#6126 3 years ago

That Rip Snorter is a sweetheart.. love those old Genco's

Artwork is so cool

2 weeks later
#6197 3 years ago

Damn, I want one of those Williams pins with the drink holder shelf. So cool.

#6216 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll take that Eager Beaver off your hands any time you're ready! You can send the parts game too!

Love it when the beavers are eager.

3 weeks later
#6342 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I've used the Orange Dot coils on a few of my games....Makes a world of difference. Thanks

It really does, I put orange dots in my King kool (all four flippers) & you can really make the spinners sing. Played a King kool w/o orange dots at the PNW show last weekend & it was not nearly as fun.

#6372 3 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

Yeah.
I think an O-Din pinball tour is in order!

+1. Show & tell

#6420 3 years ago

Very nice. I like that Gottlieb integrated the cabinet art into the theme.

#6480 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

me too!
that is why i buy ugly ones and then put in the sweat equity.

Yup - Low end pin men we are.

#6502 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

to bad now you will have to find another bg. good thing they made over 7000 of them your chances are pretty good you'll find one in good shape at a good price

Especially Jubilee

#6539 3 years ago

Detail colors on that one are fantastic!

#6587 3 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

I brought this home last weekend--just set it up today. I have been jonesin' for a Big Hit for several years and a friend of mine passed a great deal that he got onto me. Rock on, Bill!
I have to admit, my pants were a little snug bringing this home.
It will need a good cleaning and some work, but it is in pretty good shape. Sorry for the crappy pics.

Cool game. A local Barcade has one of those in their EM lineup. One thing it could benefit from would be a pair of PBR's orange dot flipper coils.

#6614 3 years ago

O-din, how do you get a good slap shot in with them set so close together?

#6666 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Love those clowns! She's not half bad either.

Creepy

#6698 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That will probably work.
But since I do have room in my truck for two, I took his xtra Darts too. Complete with an STP sticker on the drink shelf.

Dammit - where do you find all these cool old Williams pins with the drink shelf? Did they ship them all to CA?
You never see these here in Oregon.
Me want one.

Side note - if anyone needs a vintage STP sticker to restore a pin, I have several 100 in my collection.
Probably a Bardahl sticker too...

1 week later
#6733 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Did a light restoration on this one with New Pop Bumpers, Posts, Flippers, Playfield Plastics, Rubbers, Ball, with some minor paint touch ups to the Cabinet along with a full Shopout replacing 6 coils with new as well.

VERY nice, but why 6 coils? They don't really wear out.

#6737 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Wanted 2 Orange Dot Flipper coils + incorrect coil for player 1 score wheel (original burned up) + Burned up coin door lock, game over, and 1st ball relay coil.

Orange dots really liven up the game for sure!

#6757 3 years ago

I just wish those PBR post repros went not so stark white....

#6765 3 years ago

Love that '50's Gott cab art

#6821 3 years ago

I like the different color coin lights.

1 week later
#6891 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

TKO one of less than 125 and last wedgehead made

Nice lineup there!

#6909 3 years ago
Quoted from amason2308:

Just picked up a Bally Hokus Pokus and am pretty pysched. For $200 I'm really happy with it. Backglass is a little flaky and the playfield has worn/sunken inserts, but everything seems to be working now other than the GI. If anyone can help me out with the GI I started a tech thread here.....
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bally-hokus-pokus-no-gi-lighting

Looks like the same dude on the Card Whiz backglass........

#6956 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did it have the slide down rear window?

We used to terrorize Salem in a '65 Mercury Montclair with the electric roll down rear window.
Worked great for shooting bottle rockets out the back. Though it got a bit exciting when one would misfire & go off in the car.

1 week later
#6997 3 years ago

bally (resized).jpg

Quoted from boilerman:fireball is 99% done. need a 0-9 bell and clapper( help me if you can) i need to install the new plastics and put in the bg.
other then that it is up and playing and 0 issues so far.

What's with the Williams coin blank?

Marcos offers this insert, looks great -
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-826-BALLY

#7020 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

shopped out that fast draw from the earlier post. now the pf matches the cabinet and bg. i got it work 95% just need to clean the bonus stepper.
anyone interested in it let me know

Wow... nice!

#7030 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Top Card is up there in the best 10 wedgeheads ever produced for playability. What a great player it is!
Nice find and addition to your collection.

Darn it, my Top card is still sitting in storage, awaiting restoration. Gotta get to that one next, I really enjoyed playing Tim M's sweet example at the Tacoma show.

#7065 3 years ago

++1
& I have a thin spot to prove it.

#7089 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i waited so long to find one, when i had the opportunity to get two i pulled the trigger. now i can say i have had every system 1 game. system ones don't get much love but they are what i cut my teeth on early on. i can't say i hated any of them even soar ride wasn't that bad imo

I know of a local Solar ride I could pick up, but it's more than I want to spend. GREAT backglass art!

2 weeks later
#7191 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

To be continued...
Preservation > Part-out

Bah, I have fixed worse. How is the playfield?
Evaporust is your friend.

#7215 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Once you have all the bugs worked out you will be an expert. And then the challenge of taking your knowledge to the next one will be too great to pass up. Soon after that you will be fixing them in your sleep and your garage will be full of them.
Just speculation of course....

Pretty much what happened to me.

2 weeks later
#7265 3 years ago

Just say no to LED's in EM's

#7321 3 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

In this picture we see an example of why Wedgeheads were invented... how do you even fit your hand in to use the right flipper? Tight squeeze. Maybe it's the photo angle.

No kidding O-din, how can you make a decent slap shot with them that tight?

#7332 3 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Like Gary Stern said "The ball is wild"

Sorry, it was Harry Williams that said that.

2 weeks later
#7368 3 years ago

Really fun play on Team one. There was a nice example at the PNW pin show & I played it quite a bit.

#7373 3 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Just finished Flipper Pool. Big Shout out to Pinhead52 and Boilerman for their tips . This is only my 6th repaint , finally got the webbing right its very fine using the Laquer Thinner method . Shout out to Jeff Miller of Pinball Pimp, his stencils are worth every nickel

GREAT color combination on that cabinet..
Agreed, the Pimp is the man for stencils.

1 week later
#7432 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I know I've shown this machine before but I got it rocking now. Wade Krause playfield. Re-installed the Gottlieb 5141 coil on the right flipper and took more time adjusting it. It's tricky. Rolled machine 3 times on my last game!

Love those mid-70's Bally EM's!

2 weeks later
#7522 3 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

My thks to Dirt Flipper for assistance in resolving an issue with score motor not completing revolution to enable operation of replay button-turned out to be a mal adjusted 1C score motor run out switch.

Hey, where is Dirtflipper anyway? Is he OK - I have not seen him on pinside in ages.

1 week later
#7589 3 years ago

The red dots have like 20 wraps of wire or something?

#7592 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Orange dot only which I use on selected machines.

I really like them in my High Hand. Snappy they are.

1 week later
#7620 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

QB is restored and playing AWESOME. Such a fun game.

Love the mid-70's to early '80's Bally pins!

1 week later
#7645 2 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Check it out....The Jet Spin i had in my collection was in excellent original condition. Lots to shoot for on this 4 player Gottlieb and a challenging fun player.

Love the cabinet art on this one!

#7687 2 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I was there on a family day (Sunday afternoon). I saw tons of kids, but also tons of young, good looking moms walking around with nice tall glasses of beer.

"Yummy mommies" as they are known.

(did I say that?)

1 week later
#7733 2 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

I was looking for a tall 4 player Jet Spin but ended up with a Super Spin...oh well, looking at a very beautiful backglass......I'm very happy!

Super spin is cooler, IMHO
Love the 2-player versions!

2 weeks later
#7773 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Normally closed.

Yeah, I have seen a couple where the switch was just taken out & the wires were soldered together.

1 week later
#7844 2 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Never encountered a machine where a previous owner had literally oiled everything I assume in an endeavour to resolve the operational issues. The clean up required some effort.
Anyhow machine now working 100% & plays really well.

Ugh, I had had the "pleasure" of restoring a couple of pins that had been WD40'd -- what frigging mess.
Pin looks fantastic & great job on cleanup!

#7875 2 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Count this as 'almost' showing you my new EM game:
Saw a Craigslist ad yesterday in St Louis for a EM Joker Poker. After hyper-ventilating for a few seconds, I called the guy immediately and I was the first one to go look at. He agreed to sell it and I left him with a deposit (he and his wife were leaving to visit their son for a Super Bowl party, and it would be a MAJOR two person job to get the game out of his basement). Here are some pics...

A few hours later I get a call; his son was very upset, did not know he was planning on selling the game and was hoping it would go to his house, etc.
Long story short, no EM Joker Poker for me! The seller was very nice (and VERY apologetic about the change in plans) and I did get to play a EM Joker Poker for the first time. Win some - Lose some.

NEVER leave a game with just a deposit.
You could have pulled the backbox, playfield, & bottom board to make it easy to move.

#7904 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

he was flamed over a post he made about bgresto
i think he took everyone's advice and took a break

Maybe he is still butt hurt over the Steve at PBR thing. Kids.

1 week later
#7990 2 years ago

Wow. Nice find Wayne, that's a fun pin. The tin foil is puzzling....

#8051 2 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

arrived today via a container imported from germany back into australia.
game works but has a damaged perspex backglass around the credit wheel..have ordered and payed for a repro from backglass resto..

Wow - Shipping has to be pretty pricey on that.

#8081 2 years ago
Quoted from luch:

Here's a nice matching set .

With a wall mount too

#8145 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

And has a shelf!

Damn. I need an old Williams with a drink shelf. Nice!

3 weeks later
#8326 2 years ago

Visited the Pacific pinball museum this week while on vacation in SF. My wife mentioned that she really liked the classy look of the woodrails, and stated that she would not mind having one in our family room. Hmm- sounds like I need to find one before she changes her mind!
.... or maybe I can bring the '57 Bally Showtime bingo home that I bought last year...

#8366 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Did you get to see the PPM annex?
Should have tried to talk to Mike Schiess
and mentioned my name and Salem,
might have gotten to sneak a peek,
if he had the time.

No, I was with the wife & my daughter. Was lucky to get 2-1/2 hours there, but did my best to play as many woodrails & 60's EM's as I could. Did not see any with your name on the display tag.
They had some really nice pins, but a few needed adjustments & cleanings.

1 week later
#8451 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Playfield was available and I also owned the machine, so why not? The swap was completed by Brady at pinballshark. He's done my Sing Along, Wizard!, Atlantis and now another Wizard!

Love the artwork on this vintage of Bally. Wizard, Captain fantastic, & Old Chicago in a row would be the bomb!

#8458 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They kept it going well into the SS era. You should see my Skateball!
As someone that grew up playing in the 70s I can tell you each new Bally stood out from the crowd.

Yup, I was there in the 70's playing those pins. EBD was my Bally of choice.
Bally was not afraid to try new layouts... some were turds, but most were great in that era.

1 week later
#8593 2 years ago

PA - Crikes, I swear 1/2 of the pins are in PA

#8618 2 years ago

Damn. That thing is clean!
Nice find.

1 week later
#8857 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

This was a craigslist find. I thought it was a steal at $175. It probably didn't sell fast because it wasn't working and the back glass was busted. Luckily I found a place that sells a repro translite like film. http://www.coos.net/bingo_e/backglasses.html

How is that backglass film? I have seen his site while browsing bingo pin stuff & I have always wondered.

1 week later
#8899 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Here are some pics of the backglass film install. Looking at the condition of my old glass you can see why I needed it.

Here's a video the seller made showing how to install it.
» YouTube video
Here are some pics of my install.
I used the wet method to install as recommend by the seller. He definitely does not recommend the dry method. I laid the film and new glass next to each on a towel. I cleaned the glass. I applied a liberal amount of water from a spray bottle onto the film as I peel it off its backing as well as the new glass itself. the mix was 1 bottle of water with 2-3 drops of dish soap. The seller says you can't use too much water.

The water lets you tweak and adjust the position. Once its centered you use a squeegee to get as much water out as possible. I was a little aggressive with the squeegee and created a few scratched in the clear area around the moon window. However its very minor. I wasn't able to get a good pic of it since it was so hard to see.
The film is wider than the glass so there is some clear film over hangs on all 4 sides. Once its dry for an hour or 2 then trim the excess off. Even though I cleaned the glass prior to install, I noticed a hair trapped under the film when I was trimming the edges. Now that the film is dry I don't think it can be removed without damaging the art. Luckily its very small and hard to see unless you really look for it. So while its still wet you should also flip over to the front to double check nothing is trapped between the glass and the film.

I think it looks great. Compared to the original the color is not exact but unless you had an original next to it I don't think you would ever notice the color difference. I'll definitely use him again if I need another glass that he has done.

When I attached the trim to the glass it was a little loose so I also put some friction tape on the edges. The trim is nice and snug now. Unfortunately the game isn't running yet so I can't see how it looks all lit up yet.

Nice, thanks!

#8944 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Fully original CQ 1977 Gottlieb Team One. Immaculate playfield. (Scratches are in glass)
Had some extra dough from a hard-work month of April and from a game I flipped so brought this beautiful add-a-ball version of Abra Ca Dabra home from PinFest, among others. .

Bought that with the paypal "flooded basement" donations?

#9017 2 years ago
Quoted from Azfalconfixer:

Hello all, I'm new to pins and new on the forum. Picked up a rather weathered Flying Carpet today. Looks all original and all there including lots of paperwork. Turn on but won't start. It was setting on this guys back patio for several years. Back glass art is rough, cabinet wood is in good shape but paint is faded. Blew all the dust out of it and it looks really clean inside. Figured I only paid $70 for it so it should be a fun project.

Damn nice shape for $70. Welcome!
Read this, it will be your bible. http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

#9035 2 years ago

What do you consider more exciting gameplay and why?
Paul Bunyan has a lot of non-stop action with the flippers at bottom, middle and top.
(My wife likes it for this reason. She gets bored with some games waiting for the ball to come back down to the flippers as it bounces around the top or middle of the playfield)
The backglass was done by one of my favorite "cartoony character" style pinball artists, Art Stenholm, and is in great condition.

The cab and coin door were strategically cropped out while filming the video and you can see why from the photos below. I'm hoping to re-paint the cab and de-rust/clean up the coin door/plates this summer so the game will look as good as it plays.
Hurry and get yours playing so you can share your feedback on the gameplay!
Bruce

Yeah, the coin door is pretty decent. Give it an Evaporust bath & it should look sweet. The coin door plate should be no problem, but rumor has the coin chutes may be tough to find.

#9039 2 years ago

The coin chutes and entry plates were removed in preparation for de-rusting.
I also have new entry plate price plastics from PBR.

Great - grab yourself a gallon of Evaporust & prepare to be amazed. You will need a plastic container big enough to submerge the coin door & coin entry plate.

#9062 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

My son says, "who needs spinners when you have Vulcan's hall of fire?
We both love those 5 star rollovers when their lit for 1k each, never mind when it's 2X scoring
This game restores my faith in humanity. Can't stop playing it.

Dang, that's a clean looking Vulcan --- Nice!

#9071 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Also, if your not aware of it, this is where to go for parts for your game... pbresource.com. He has a rebuild kit for the Williams chime box. I used one on a "Blue Chip" I rebuilt last year, and the chimes sounded great after the rebuild.

Seriously? I have never had any luck making Williams chimes sound other than like a hammer hitting an aluminum bar...
Is there a secret I am missing?

1 week later
#9138 2 years ago

The women on the backglass look very similar to the ones on Bally bingo pins, perhaps same artist?

#9158 2 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Genco and Bally had a mixture of A/C and D/C circuitry waaaaay back in the 30s-50s as well.

Yup, they used selenium rectifiers to convert AC to DC back in the day. Big ass monsters.

#9160 2 years ago
Quoted from bingopodcast:

Some little guys, too. Depends on how much juice was needed.

I just seen the biguns

2 weeks later
#9218 2 years ago

A short length of automotive fuel hose works just as well

#9245 2 years ago

Would love to get a captain card to go next to my high hand. Played a captain at the nw pin show... totally different pin. Though the one I played had crappy flickering LED's in it. Incandescent bulbs all the way please, in rebuilt or new sockets.

#9255 2 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

How was the show this year? I miss not going this year -- that would've been a long trek!

Pretty decent, as usual. I would like to attend the Texas show. Sounds like it's HUGE

2 weeks later
#9362 2 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

I have two 4 player Gottliebs I'm working on, the head units are insanely heavy!

Nothing compared to a Bingo pin.

#9364 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Does anybody have a list of the titles Williams made in the 60's with that drink & butts shelf in front of the coin door?

Yeah, I want one of those too!

2 months later
#9788 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

SHHHUUSH! You'll get hate mail for days!
(I agree tho... Gottlieb is the fussiest all things considered)

Those damn Gottlieb relays with the short blades & tiny throws.
.... Then there is the feared Gottlieb "AS" relay, the ones that have two switches are an absolute bitch to get setup just right...

Gimmie a big 'ol Bally relay any day.

2 months later
#10127 1 year ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am bummed to inform everyone that I will be getting a divorce and I am forced to sell all of my pinball machines I have left (3 of them) You should easily be able to find my 3 games for sale in the for sale ads. 1948 Gottlieb Buccaneer, 1952 Gottlieb Queen of Hearts and a 1952 Gottlieb Coronation. If this posting is not allowed then please just kindly edit it. I would hope that this posting would be a catch all post to explain why I might not be seen on here anymore possibly for years to come. I enjoyed everyone's postings and help on here for the last 4 years. It has been a good time.
Thanks,
Dan
aka Rat Tomago

That sucks. Sorry to hear it.

#10153 1 year ago
Quoted from Adrian:

I've had this game for over two years and it took about half that time to restore new playfield from Wade and backglass from Shay everything is brand new. The aim was to rebuild the machine to a new in box condition.It's a pleasure to play and just as good to look at hopefully it will servive another 40 years. I have a sky jump and a Abra that I will be completing in the near future.

Nice!
But why a single coin slot?

1 week later
#10174 1 year ago
Quoted from ryan1234:

Found this all jammed in one coin slot of a Gottlieb Pro Football. 1977 was the latest year in the bunch.

Maybe the guy thought it would give him change for $1.00?

#10180 1 year ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Just in today, long time favorite and finally I snagged one! Put it together, fired it up and played. Got excited and tilted the last ball.
Plays much better than the one I played in Asbury Park a few years ago and that one interested me enough to buy one.
So need to clear it, LED it and paint the cabinet. Joking this one I leave alone.

Needs some toy figures hot glued to the playfield.

1 week later
#10221 1 year ago

Love the backglass integrated into the head art

1 week later
#10246 1 year ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Current line up.

Great looking lineup!

#10247 1 year ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Here's two shots from today of my set-up here in San Antonio. Working on the second Quick Draw (to sell; not pictured) and in the market for another project or game to add to my own collection...

The green cabinet on Bank-A-Ball really stands out.... great looking pin.

2 weeks later
#10335 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

My buddy made me a BG for my GTB Stock Car
It’s actually a decal applied to my assisting glass

Looks great!
Can you post a photo of it lit up?

2 weeks later
#10465 1 year ago

The PBR doors aew sweet!

2 months later
#10813 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Well, these were mine, but they sold at Pinfest. Love the cash, but it stung a little to part with them.

nice!

#10824 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

EM folks are the best, thanks all!
I’ll order a punch. In the meantime I rebuilt the problem flipper with new parts minus the old part (which didn’t look mushroomed), it plays so much better now! Amazing to actually be able to hit the right side of the upper drops now

Note it is a roll pin punch you need. I has that little tit in middle of the face to keep it centered.

1 week later
#10886 1 year ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

That Old Chicago looks good.

You can't be serious.... it looks like ass with those LED's in there.
There, it has been said.

#10920 1 year ago
Quoted from spinal:

Agree - this is in fact true for every pin, old and new, just becomes more important the older the machine. I went to NW Show last year and found a long row of highly-tuned Gottliebs (I think by TimMe) and it was a joy to behold; every machine was being played and enjoyed all weekend long even by newcomers.

Exactly. Classic pinball at it's best. TimMe's restored pins are outstanding!

1 month later
#11042 1 year ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Cedar Mar Yacht Club on Barnegat Bay in Toms River, NJ, established in 1966, where my family docked a boat. I suspect that the photo was taken around 1967, when I was 8 years old. My brother, 3 years my senior, is on the far left.
Note that I am the only kid who declined to remove hands from flipper buttons for the photo. It's no surprise that pinball became my hobby of choice.

Probably had a hot game going & is cradling a ball during the photo.

#11051 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Part 2.
Sat with just 2 wood screws holding the back box for 20 years. First thing done at home, get some bolts into the cabinet.

Kind of dusty as well.

Orange dot PBR coils are great in High Hand!

1 week later
#11072 1 year ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Although I have a couple others with nice playfields with one being in the wrong lower cab., and the
other having only an okay cabinet, this one's cab. for sure is the better of the three. I picked it up from the
son of the father that bought it new in 1961. The only thing with the cab. is what appears to be touch
up spots on the lower front head. The son was too young to remember when it arrived to the house..
It has no coin entrance, or a serial number, but has the # 188 under the upper playfield apron..
Also, instead of having yellow and green bumper caps, it has yellow and blue.
Although a Subway is already set up, I'm sure I'll find a spot for it..

Interesting coin door.... it DOES look stock.

#11088 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Not mine, but saw and played it today at CAEX in San Jose.
Bally Six Sticks in primo condition played very well also.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Interesting, I thought 6 Million $ man was first 6 player pin.

2 weeks later
#11107 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

No, no, no. No leds on an em. Nope.

Yeah, they look like ass.

#11114 1 year ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Had shipped to me from a Pinsider in Connecticut. Disappointed in the shitty amateurish cabinet paint job (not disclosed it turned into a wrinkle finish). Some day I'll redo it. Removed 7 purple LED's and fixed several operational problems. Cleaned and waxed the play field. Looks and plays great (except for the cabinet paint).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Need a Card whiz next to those two

3 months later
#11295 1 year ago

rg (resized).jpgrg. (resized).jpg

My Royal guard project. Fully working, finally getting around to prepping the cabinet for paint.

3 weeks later
#11338 11 months ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Pick up this bad boy last night can't wait to get started on it.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nothing like starting in on a derelict old pin restore. Take lots of "before" photos!

1 month later
#11430 9 months ago
Quoted from PSchwisow:

I'm concerned about spending a lot of time and money only to end up with a machine that still doesn't work and is still virtually worthless.

Ahh, but the education on doing the repair work is invaluable, & if you fail it never hurts to have a parts machine for future projects. Win / Win

Low end pin men rule!

2 weeks later
#11479 8 months ago
Quoted from canoncitypb:

Just completed a restoration of my 1972 Gottlieb World Series machine.
You can see more details on my blog at:
https://canoncitypinball.blogspot.com/2019_03_17_archive.html
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Best backbox / backglass integration in all of pinball. nice

3 weeks later
#11546 8 months ago
Quoted from DNO:

The Queen is lookin good, just need to get the score reels cleaned up now![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, but the fuses are still dusty. Have you pulled them to check for correct ratings? I think that I have found maybe two fuses with the correct amperage rating out of all of the pins that I have worked on.

1 week later
#11567 7 months ago
Quoted from Nikrox2:

With the room just about complete I was finally able to put them together and in order (by age)
1956 Piccadilly
1960 Lite a card (not powered on doh)
1961 Double barrel
1975 Hokus Pokus
Lil cap’n fantastic in there too for the little ones
[quoted image]

Nice!

#11572 7 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

All the time, the staff like playing too. A number have never played before!

Awesome.
You need a multiplayer game in there & get some trash talking chatter going.
It's more fun to compete!

#11576 7 months ago
Quoted from wayner:

Been on the lookout for a GTB 1965 Skyline for some time but they rarely pop up in Australia. But recently purchased a machine from US Arizona and picked it up last Friday at the port of Sydney.

What does shipping a machine to Australia cost anyway?

1 month later
#11680 6 months ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Finished my Rocket restoration[quoted image][quoted image]

Were the legs painted blue like that from the factory?

2 months later
#11844 3 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Along with the "Mariner", I grabbed this one too. It'll need some work, but has good bones. It came with an additional repro backglass too.[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the cig holder!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.99
$ 49.00
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dasvis.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside