Topic Stats

• 12,026 posts
  • 676 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by gdonovan
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,884 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN0345 (resized).JPG
20191020_202142_resized (resized).jpg
20191020_185739_resized (resized).jpg
BEC9A84A-D6FE-4BE7-A37B-0EBBA1C62E67 (resized).jpeg
8EBB25B1-C771-402F-9D36-8B9CB4CED945 (resized).jpeg
081B87C0-9A9E-4DCE-A723-FE46345DEC27 (resized).jpeg
DSCN3084 (resized).JPG
DSCN3083 (resized).JPG
DSCN3077 (resized).JPG
DSCN3076 (resized).JPG
DSCN3074 (resized).JPG
d6a6035452bd11a2e1f02cce96aae62a53e69c2d (resized).jpg
cbfcc45c0da70b32e108426ba83e130e32b70cdc (resized).jpg
RoyalFlushC (resized).jpg
RoyalFlushB (resized).jpg
RoyalFlushA (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider darcy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

317 posts in this topic match your search for posts by darcy. You are on page 1 of 2.
#225 6 years ago

Post edited by Darcy : Could not load photos

#228 6 years ago

3 attempts at postings photos, my computer needs an upgrade!

#229 6 years ago

Solar City

Post edited by Darcy : Photo did not up load

#230 6 years ago

Here are my Gottlieb pins.

pinball_2013_002.JPG

#235 6 years ago

I hate when pictures will not load.
The Strange World is different, there were only 675 made. The main thing to remember is not to try to catch a ball, the ball will run back over the lower kickers and drain. There are no in-lanes. Winning Free Plays is not to hard. Currently I have it set on 3 ball. It is different for sure. PHoF has one. This Pin has photos posted on IPDB. I am going to switch it to 5 ball soon.

1 week later
#317 6 years ago

Post edited by Darcy : double post

#319 6 years ago

Here is my Solar City, I've owned this since 1982.

pinball_2013_007.JPG

#411 6 years ago

Today I switched my Solar City to Replay from Add A Ball. Waxed it up, then played the hell out of it. The Replay feature does change the way the game can be played. I had the AAB feature set that way since 1982. More balls per play, higher scores. I could usually score 2 extra balls per game, when hitting the pre-set scores.

#413 6 years ago

Hello Ron,
The Solar City (a 2 player, with the playfield like El Dorado) has the option of replay or add a ball. There is a switch/plug like the 3/5 ball adjustment. Do other Gottliebs have this feature? I would say yes. Which pins, I would not have a clue. None of the single player Gottliebs that I have can be switched. Hopefully someone can chime in on this one. This feature is was most likely for the later 70's pins. IPDB list Target Alpha as the first convertible model. A search of other models may come up with more games with this option. - Darcy

Post edited by Darcy : added more info

3 weeks later
#513 6 years ago

Hey! the pins really look great. Two pictures and not a single Gottlieb in view.

2 weeks later
#561 6 years ago

Hey Pintucky.
Don't feel bad about this. Many years ago, lets say 1982 to 1987 there were a lot of pins that were thrown in the trash. Mostly because Operators and Distributors told us hobbyist, just to toss out non working pins, "They are not worth fixing". Especially if the pin was not made in the USA.

3 weeks later
#588 6 years ago

For Strange World. The Game Over light is above the Gottlieb logo. The Tilt light is below the flying blue guy, his right foot is pointing to it.

#619 6 years ago

Hallo o-din. Mussen sie Deutsch um den Feurball zu spielen zu lernen. Es sieght aus wie fantastisch!

#621 6 years ago

Keeping this Forum going, and entering more photos is really great. Us EM guys are enjoying this.
Thanks Pinsiders.

1 week later
#789 6 years ago

Keep posting the EM photos, there are some really nice games photographed here, for this thread.

Yes, Pafasa. There are many worse addictions you could be spending your money on. Jay Leno's wife, Mavis, has said that Jay could be into other hobbies, and addictions far worse than cars. Look this one up, she is right.

1 week later
#832 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not the one on the right

Hey o-din! Are you totally sure. Really. I mean, really.

Animated backglasses are really cool in EM pins. I would drive to California for that one.

#851 6 years ago

Triple Action appears to have the widest out lanes I have ever seen. I would hope it is set for a minimum of 5 balls, per play.

Seeing some older games here on this Topic is great. Keep posting pictures. Thanks.

#856 6 years ago

I would have to add the following. Triple Action has no moving posts. The Jive Time has 2 moving posts. Also how does the West Gate work? does it block the ball from draining down the outlane? Or does the ball go through then bounce out?.

Had a friend with a Strike Zone. When the post was up, it would be easily sent back down by the ball triggering the down post. Hair pulling fun, I am telling you!

3 weeks later
#935 6 years ago

Holy Crap! o-din, What sealed vault has that pin been in? Sweet!

#941 6 years ago

I believe that condition quality in pin is the most important part of the purchase. Rarity less so.

1 week later
#969 6 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My first EM - an (HUO) 1971 Gottlieb Roller Coaster. Picked it up on Saturday.

I would like a video of this pin in action. Wire forms in 1971. Ya. I know that wire forms were used much earlier, like in the 30's & 40's. Have a great time with this pin.

#971 6 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

I think there is at least one vid on you tube if I recall

Yep! there are 3 videos on You Tube. For Roller Coaster. The rotating target that is moved by the ball, I have seen before. Thanks, Astropin for the Post.

#1001 5 years ago

TKO last EM Wedgehead from Gottlieb, Cool stuff there. Nice pin.

#1017 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i thought space walk was the last em?

Yes, you are right. I wrote 'Wedge Head' EM, for the TKO. Space Walk has the square head.

#1020 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Last wedge head with back glass animation?

AlexF chimed in ahead, I think he is correct.

#1023 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I think you'll find that you'll rarely reach 100K on an Abra. The scoring's not really set up for that.

On my Abra Ca Dabra, I will reach a score over 100,000 approximately every 10 games or so.

#1029 5 years ago

Yes Pafasa glass on. With the glass off and using the illegal hand save in the outlane. I have hit scores above 150,000, LOL. The trick is to get the bonus unit up to 5000 as soon as possible. Shooting from the flippers up through the top rollovers either the 'A' or 'D', hopefully the ball will bounce to 'B' or 'C'. It can be done.

#1052 5 years ago
Quoted from Sarge:

One day $oon
Ill have a machine nice enough for this thread...

This is a post for EM pins, regardless of condition. We want to see all of them. Unrestored, restored, HUO, new in create, survivors, what have you. These pins are cool and need to be showed off. ------ Thanks.

#1053 5 years ago

By the look of it Nick, it should be time to update your info on pin ownership. Looks Great.

#1062 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

3500 quid for a Gottlieb Atlantis

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

6000 quid for a Kings and Queens?

At these prices these pins will not be returning to America any time soon.

3 weeks later
#1241 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This looks great. I noticed the hand prints too. Have you thought about using foot pads for the carpet. The carpet will be damaged by the metal feet. Okay, so the pins that are not visible are not EM's? LOL, Like a new OZ or Metallica. Tell us its OK. LOL.

DSCN0912.JPG 3 MB

#1268 5 years ago

Sticking to the EM theme, guys! EM instead of EMO. EM music, Bands that had to use Vinyl for albums, no compressed music here folks. Getting to the record store to pick up some new album was fun. AHH, the memories.

As a side note I did like the CD format too. Easier to handle and store. Sound quality was little better than the turntable and cartidge that I have. Now, when is my EM Beatles pin being made? I am still waiting.

#1278 5 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

Plus who would want to hear crappy digital remixes through an antique jukebox?

100% agree with this. Less tinny sound more warm sound.

#1285 5 years ago

Very, very, flakey. That is a sad sight.

#1315 5 years ago

Yes but I have never played them. Some inheritance of symphony music.

1 week later
#1437 5 years ago

The Magnatron has very interesting art work. How well does it play?

#1444 5 years ago

I have an EM gripe. I am not happy with the EM 100 list. The Number 1 listed, currently, is a rating of a computer game. Not the actual pin. Is this petty? How ever I will not mark it as misleading. The guy did a decent rating, by his standards. It is just not a pinball machine. I might as well put in a rating of Ultimate Pro Pinballs' Timeshock.

That feels better. Thanks for reading this.

#1446 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just read the rating. LOL.

As a rule I do not take the 100 list as gospel. All ratings are subject to the person rating the machine. It is only their opinion. As my mum used to say, 'Take it with a grain of salt'.

#1450 5 years ago

Hello Vic.
Thanks for posting the photos. This collection is fantastic. I watched the flicker, now I need a smoke, then a short nap.

#1484 5 years ago

Beautiful, and kind of amazing. That Pin Up, has been hiding somewhere.

#1522 5 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

IMG_884765510713.jpeg 65 KB

IMG_879926475158.jpeg 84 KB

IMG_872382937848.jpeg 63 KB

IMG_846162947006.jpeg 84 KB

The cat looks pissed off. It may want food. ...... LOL

#1531 5 years ago

Hit the Deck. Lots of roll overs, really nice.
I noticed the Strange World in the 2nd photo. Either I am learning more about Gottliebs', great stuff! Or it is kind of sad, that with just a glimpse of a pin that one can recognize it? Tomatoe-Tomatto.

1 week later
#1675 5 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

image.jpg 175 KB

image-309.jpg 192 KB

image-600.jpg 189 KB

A thumbs up on those pins. Abra Ca Dabra, a Strange World, good machines there.

#1698 5 years ago

Here is a tough question. What is the minimum amount of Gottlieb pins does some one need to have most or all of the playfield features that were used? For example; rotating-target, variable-target, Drop Target, Gate to shooter lane, Captured Ball, Pop Bumper, Spinner, Roll Over, Roll Under, and any other features I did not mention. Would 8 pins cover the gamut or could it be done with just 5 pins?

Let the comments fly and I do not have a correct answer. I just putting this out there for you EM Guys.

Post edited by Darcy : clarity

#1700 5 years ago

Hey O-Din. Zero. As in none. I thought you had a Gottlieb pin?

#1703 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

your list can be found on other makes like Bally and Williams,

OK, thanks, I will edit the question.

#1705 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You're not getting them all

When Dan shows up, and he is in a 5 ton truck, be prepared. If it is just a Econoline you should be fine.

#1707 5 years ago

Wie schon,

#1710 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I will be a good sport and leave you with a "Popeye Saves the Earth" and a "Bugs Bunny Birthday Bash"

Dan, did your heart just grow 3 sizes. Now that is the spirit of Christmas.

#1712 5 years ago

Hello Dan. You could also throw in one of these Bilz Pinball. It is fully mechanical, and no tilt.DSCN0383.JPG

Maybe use an American $20 bill instead.

#1714 5 years ago

Time to add some more photos. This should bump this post! Here is my Strange World, it is suppose to be HUO.DSCN0002.JPGDSCN0384.JPG

Note the plunger cover is not on straight.

#1715 5 years ago

Now the rest.DSCN0388.JPGDSCN0389.JPG

#1718 5 years ago

Here is the money shot.DSCN0393.JPG

On the board, there is a "Canada" stamp. The shipping block is still inside the back box too.

#1723 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Might have been on route a very short time.

This pin has no wear, or marks were the cash box sits. When I first saw it I noticed the pry marks on the door trim. Why would a HUO pin have pry marks. It could of been on route but maybe not more than few months.

I went to look at a Heat Wave that needed cabinet work. The Strange World was stacked up in the corner, so I paid more for a better quality pin.

#1730 5 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Just picked up a nice Target Alpha

Looks good it should clean up very nicely. You have to like the Drop Targets to really enjoy the play of this pin.
With 7285 Target Alphas made, there are still many out there.

#1748 5 years ago
Quoted from MTPPC:

Here's my crappy SuperStar with the custom BG repair.

If you can play it, and it all works, it certainly is not 'crappy'. I have played pins with no backglass. Play it, have fun with it.

2 weeks later
#1851 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This game is just amazing. I had an epic game this morning at 1839 points. I hope to flip it soon!

IMG_0346.JPG 146 KB

I am thinking that if you are playing hooky from work. You should not be advertising this on the internet. LOL LOL.

#1859 5 years ago

Solar City was first pinball I purchased also, way back in 1982. Still have it, still like it, the sci-fi sort of theme, 15 drop targets. Also, I wish mine was in the condition as O-dins. Machine envy?? LOL

I will check mine for the metal shooter guides I think they are on mine as well. EDIT: I looked back on page 7 of this Topic and yes the guides are on my Solar City. Is it flat there? this is another question.

#1864 5 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Does your game have the normal fluting (progressive groove in the wood) or is it flat there?

The shooter lane is flat, no fluting.

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

The white-painted ones may have been associated with the wood experiments,

I have played a Gottlieb Totem. It was painted wood, with the black striped shooter lane. Yes it was a SS pin.

#1947 5 years ago

Looking good there Hoov.

Here is my smart assed comment.
Hoov you are out of space, some of us EM guys should drop by. We will help with removing some of those old pinball machines out of that cramped space that you have. LOL

Have Fun!

#1950 5 years ago
Quoted from damo666:

heres my new project stored for 19 years in a croft in the middle of nowhere!!

This game is fairly rare, less than 700 made. It may be hard to find a replacement backglass, maybe you will find one, it is possible. Keep us posted on the restoration, as we find this EM stuff interesting.

Rats, o-din beat me to it.

#1951 5 years ago

Dibs, on the Atlantis!. .. .... ... .. ...

#1953 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am now on the hunt for more reverse wedgeheads.

The reverse wedgehead fit nicely between two top wide wedges.

#1955 5 years ago

Looking at the photos of Wing Ding. It is not a wedge head. The backbox is a rectangle. The front supports are tapered on the inside, blocking the lower sides of the backglass. That is kind of different.

#2027 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

If I won the Star Trek I would turn it into several EMs

If you win the Star Trek, bring it home. Play it a few times. "Hey! Mikey, He Likes It". Hey it was free, sort of.
Then sell it and get 6 really nice EM pins. Before you plug it in, run out to the car first and get your sunglasses.

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

NIB machines don't walk into the door everyday lol.

If it is NIB, well that changes everything. You may not want to open it.
So my quip above is not needed.

Quoted from Darcy:

If you win the Star Trek, bring it home. Play it a few times. "Hey! Mikey, He Likes It". Hey it was free, sort of.
Then sell it and get 6 really nice EM pins. Before you plug it in, run out to the car first and get your sunglasses.

1 month later
#2260 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Finally flipped Slick Chick @ 2028 points.

schiscore1.JPG 194 KB

Now you need a Celebratory Drink, and or rest of the old wrists and fingers. Yahoo.

#2271 5 years ago

It looks like webbing shooting from the Wizards right arm.

1 week later
#2300 5 years ago

Expressway is in the set of the current Robin Williams TV show.

#2318 5 years ago

I have had 2 Gottliebs at an end of a room. One in each corner. I put the rear surround speakers on them. Bose 301 toppers. Just remeber to take them off when some agressive players are comming by.

#2319 5 years ago
Quoted from Polonius:

Just picked up this Baseball. Will take some work to get working properly, but nothing Steve Young and I can't fix.
A couple odd hacks, but it's mostly working. Backglass is great, and cabinet looks ok - for a basic repaint job.

IMG_20140318_010056.jpg 157 KB
IMG_20140318_000805.jpg 156 KB
IMG_20140318_010129.jpg 253 KB
IMG_20140318_010015.jpg 272 KB
IMG_20140318_005950.jpg 178 KB
IMG_20140318_005931.jpg 276 KB
IMG_20140318_010033.jpg 294 KB

What is going on with the light switch, is that flipper buttons, for on and off?

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Polonius, whats with the center channel speaker on top of 2001? Is that some kind of sound upgrade? Microphone inside the head with an amp to the speaker to make the bells even louder?

There is either an amp or a small sub on the floor below too.

#2382 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have another that is almost as nice. Each one has been better than the last one, but way better than the first one. I never sold one until I had another. I think this may be the last one.

Love ya like a brother there O-Din but I think you are sounding like a hoarder. But there is nothing wrong with that!
Stand back Rat, I might be drivin' to California for the O-din cast offs.

#2385 5 years ago

Fireball is a blast to play. Ball rolls onto spinner, does a 360 or 2, then shoots off in some direction, that will make a Grandmother cuss. Fireball 2 not as much fun, playable, just not the same.

3 weeks later
#2572 5 years ago

Truth be told I even like pitch and bat games. Not something I would own at this time, but I still like playing them.

#2573 5 years ago

I am going to start this off with an apology, Sorry Dan, for knocking this thread slightly off target.

Do you EM fans have any of your EM games set to 3 balls only? If you do can you mention which game it is and do you play it that way always or do you switch it to 5 ball Sometimes. Also Post a pic if you feel the need. Photos are great to see.

#2575 5 years ago

EM's should be 5 balls per game, I'm all for that. In the late 70's I remember EM pins at the arcade set to 3 balls per play. The arcade pins I recall all had the larger flippers. Just wanted to see if any one has one set up at home on 3 balls for 1 game.

2 weeks later
#2641 5 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Here's my setup after my several years of collecting. I'm an AAB fan but have owned and enjoyed replays as well. After owning about 20 or so machines here are my favorites.
I also have some Ballys-an Expressway with repro glass that I in the process of a swapping playfields on and 2 Capersvilles. Both of them are complete minus 1 backglass but aren't set up.
Lucky Hand-restored machine
Capt Card-repro backglass
Dimension-repro backglass, extremely well done repaint on the cab but the webbing is too thick. Have a NOS playfield to install at some point.
Diamond Jack-NOS playfield, new playfield parts, restored cab, metal playfield posts
Flipper Pool- great shape overall

image-266.jpg 215 KB

image-579.jpg 250 KB

image-316.jpg 230 KB

image-475.jpg 224 KB

image-615.jpg 229 KB

image-368.jpg 210 KB

Really nice line up there!

4 weeks later
#2715 5 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

Uhhhh, you're doing it wrong. (j/k)
Nice resto!

missiing_switch-316.jpg 60 KB

That Special will be hard to earn when it gets lit.

3 weeks later
#2830 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I borrowed this nice Kings and Queens from a friend.

photo 2.JPG 147 KB

photo 3.JPG 151 KB

'Possession is 9/10 s of the law'
Tomorrow, run down to Home Depot and get new numbers for your house, he will never find your place again. LOL

#2876 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is time to clean up the Flipper. I found some great old footage of the place this probably came from. The old Pike in Long Beach. Halfway through there is onboard footage of the famous Cyclone Racer that was built in 1930 and closed in the late 60s. There is also a clip of walking through one of the large arcades.
http://www.youtube.com/embed/rXbEqX6OQWw?autoplay=1&rel=0

DSCN2821.JPG 177 KB

Thanks for 8mm movies of you and your family. I saw you waving, 5th kid on the rocket merry go round. I think.
It was interesting, thanks again for sharing it with us.

#2879 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did you see my crazy uncle?
ยป YouTube video

Another clip, where do you find this stuff?

Flipper is an AAB, right. What have been your high scores so far?

#2885 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

My JP woodrail.
SS woodrail EM

JP_woodie.jpg 88 KB

Resto-mod.

#2890 5 years ago

Cow Poke AAB with some patina. There is 1 for sale in Alberta $3200. Now I am not the Pin Price Policeman, but giddy up. Will someone talk me out of this one, based on price alone. I figure I will email him a serious offer in cash for $650. Really Dude!

#2897 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Cow Poke AAB with some patina. There is 1 for sale in Alberta $3200. Now I am not the Pin Price Policeman, but giddy up. Will someone talk me out of this one, based on price alone. I figure I will email him a serious offer in cash for $650. Really Dude!

I looked closer at the photos. The backglass art work is lifting, there is playfield wear. The cabinet has wear as well. So I offered $450. Lets see if I get a reply, hopefully the reply does not have any F words in it.

#2901 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Seller's probably been checking out Pin Rescue prices..........

I think your right. A perfect original example will be valuable. This pin needs some help. Also the long ad the seller has does not mention if it works correctly or not. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

#2933 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Unbelievable. Was having a great game on my Sure Shot, best score by far, and I thought for sure I was going to roll it. Had the middle pop bumper lit for 1000 points. I was literally one pop bumper shot away from rolling it when I drained my last ball.
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

IMG_3770.jpeg 130 KB

'That's EMs for ya" Just about got it......one ....last shot..... Then a drain, yikes, now it is hair pulling time. You will be back for more I just know it. Fun, Fun, Fun. Got to Love them pins.

#2938 5 years ago

On Sure Shot, there is a 100,000 points light. It is that white rectangle box below the score windows. The highest score it can count is 199990.

#2948 5 years ago
Quoted from PinBiohazard:

sweet, I think i might keep my Touchdown as a Touchdown, still, has anyone added any toys to your pins

On EM games there is not the same amount of room between the glass and the playfield plastics. So if adding anything, and it can be done, it needs to fit. Toppers can be added, either remote powered or just static displays. Hey, it is your pin do what you want. If you plan to sell your pin make sure the modification is removable, and it will not leave any damage. Have Fun.

#2955 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This is all because we need more pictures of EM machines. (This thread will never die!)

photo 1.JPG 162 KB

slickchick.JPG 153 KB

photo 4.JPG 189 KB

NS.JPG 160 KB

photo 3.JPG 214 KB

KandQ-679.JPG 152 KB

photo 2.JPG 208 KB

KOD.JPG 126 KB

photo 5.JPG 229 KB

Those are some respectable scores on those pins as well. Sweet! Way to go. Dan

#2966 5 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

i picked up a flipperless 47 United "Mexico" AMAZING pf, will clean up like new, no swirl or checking at all. I do need some help on it though. Anyone here have a 40s United I can talk to? The reset stack has no latch or coil, there is a coil mounted next to the stack going to nothing. I suspect a hack for avoiding tilt? Not sure but it won't stay powered up and the hold relay won't stay on. No schematics ;( PM me if you can help. Thanks!

IMG_3935.JPG 228 KB

Wood rail EM next to wood railing. Good one!

4 months later
#3274 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well I did it! I bought my 4th machine today! I bought a Central Park. I get to pick it up Tuesday evening. Playfield is a solid 9. Backglass is a 8.5 with some pin size spots missing (very easy touch ups) Cabinet is a 6. This thing needs a total repaint which will be done in January locally. Time for a 300 dollar order to PBR for a new coin door, chute, legs, etc...etc..

cp1.jpg 84 KB

CP2.jpg 77 KB

CP3.jpg 61 KB

CP4.jpg 72 KB

CP5.jpg 68 KB

Look at that coin door. Remind me to bring that roll of U.S. Dimes, if I get down that way

1 week later
#3305 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

why purple not pink?

The difference between purple and pink is the strength of your grip.

#3306 4 years ago

Really, the purple does not look that bad. Yes, Boilerman the pink is the correct colour. On this Topic check out Page 5 post #230.

#3309 4 years ago

After looking at the photos on a larger monitor. The photo of the Strange World posted on the previous page, has been taken in a darker room, possibly with no flash. In the restoration pics the pink/magenta looks fine. Great Job! by the way.

As for the flyer, that exact color was most likely skipped, in order to save printing costs.

#3353 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

those late 70's em's tend to have a higher save rate than earlier games percentage wise.
my hypothesis is that these late games did not stay on route long and were sold to the secondary market ie home owners

Boilerman for the win. Pretty much as you stated. In the early 1980's Arcades were still popular (no internet), the Solid State games were being put into arcades fairly quickly. The 2 or 3 year old EM games were being sold off to home guys like us. The games were still in decent shape but were kind of dated. Even though early S.S. Pins were mostly based on EM games, the progression to the S.S. pin was a needed step in pinball evolution.

#3381 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Abra Ca Dabra is another machine I purchased from hoov some months ago and completed a restoration a little while back. I really enjoy playing this machine-a great player, good ruleset and it looks terrific. Those blinking eyes of the wiz... at games end are captivating.

AcD1.jpg 41 KB

AcD2.jpg 46 KB

AcD3.jpg 27 KB

Did this Abra Ca Dabra come with a few rolls of American Quarters?

1 week later
#3408 4 years ago

To the EM gang here on Pinside.
Happy New Year!

1 week later
#3454 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

putting these two back together, they came out pretty nice. both played with very little tweaking.
just have to fine tune them.

20150111_165938.jpg 246 KB

20150111_165806.jpg 223 KB

20150111_165925.jpg 284 KB

20150111_165953.jpg 244 KB

20150111_170007.jpg 249 KB

That is one way to play head to head. Am I the only one who noticed the scores of '1975'?

1 week later
#3480 4 years ago

Picked up this Gottlieb last week.
DSCN0566.JPG
DSCN0567.JPG
DSCN0569.JPG

Now have a 2 inch flipper game. It needs some work, but that's no biggy.

2 weeks later
#3538 4 years ago

Over here on EMside all is just fine. Good clean fun here. Just liking that.

3 weeks later
#3608 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Next week I should have two recently acquired EMs to share in this thread.

Awsome!!

#3617 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I didn't know they got THIS big...
wombat.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Before picking that Wombat up, I would suggest to feed it first. Or it might start to chew on your arm.

#3619 4 years ago
Quoted from greenechidna:

better show a pic

Looks great to me. Now, do you convert the electrical in each machine, or have an external converter?

#3630 4 years ago

That is 1 sharp looking pin there Dan.

#3657 4 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Now, let's say someone had 500 pins and 100 we're set up and playing in his collection - do the other 400 qualify as hoarding? Does that mean those 400 pins are not available to others in the hobby because they're being hoarded? Some have dreams of placing their games in a museum so maybe in that case it's hoarding for later. Just curious as to what others think.

Hoarding has different meaning to everyone. If your quality of life is effected by your hoard, a true hoarder would say that all is fine.
500 pins with 400 in storage is not hoarding if the stored pins are protected from the environment, protected from damage, treated with respect, and are in some sort of order. As long as the stored games are not effecting the collectors family or neighbours. If you and the owner of the 400 stored games, can pick a game at random. Then he can direct you to it without walking on top of other pins or loose pin parts. I would not call that hoarding.

1 week later
#3701 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Look what "Way2wyrd" aka Jeff is bringing my way.

_RG3.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Dan, if you keep this purchase spree up. The dining room furniture will only get more nervous. LOL LOL.

#3712 4 years ago

This turned up today...Not too bad, a bit of planking, insert wear, grubby. B/g a little faded around the 10 of diamonds otherwise unmarked
31000 plays

DSC_0258.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

I can remember seeing these in the arcades. Man did they stand out. Green/Teal all over, and those faux digital score reels. Great find.

#3713 4 years ago

First time I've found one of these. It was screwed into the top of the backbox keeping the glass snug

DSC_0266.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

The Strange World, I have still has a block like that as well.

#3734 4 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Thks Dave. My garage faces the street so when I am working on a machine it is obvious to anyone walking past. There is a lady who cannot comprehend that I have more than one machine. So she invariably calls out "You still working on that machine!"

At least she knows it is a machine, and not a doll house..

#3793 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

IMG_1545.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Love that vintage call box. When the drinks get low, do you use it to summon the butler?

#3831 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I figure you guys read this quicker than any other EM topic so here goes a question. I have a 5 inch bell that is in really nice shape that I am stealing from Surf Side to put in the backbox animation of my Central Park. I want this thing to look like a brand new copper penny when I am finished. I have Brasso and rags but is there anything better to use? Any advice would be great.

What about that chemical dip stuff. I do not remember the name. Use an old bowl, place the bell into the solution. Lift it out, rinse with water, then wax it. Silver, Brass, Copper, cleaner.

#3833 4 years ago

No. But, Brasso will work, just buff the bell evenly.

#3838 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Second picture is after use of Brasso (This stuff smells like old cat litter urine amonia smell)

Yep, that stuff smells bad. But why is the bell a silver color in photo 2? Lighting? The results look great.

3 weeks later
#3995 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

play a one handed game.

Hopefully Santa will bring you a tri-pod. So we can also admire your playing abilities.
Other than that thanks for the vid.

#4000 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Not as rare as Adam's JP, but here's today's country auction special. Virtually no wear on the playfield, just lots of dirt. Lower right plastic test cleaned well, so things look promising.image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

This is a fun game. Good luck. I like that there are 2 ways to win. By score or home runs.

#4006 4 years ago

Moved to Nunavut? They will have to change the population sign (last census, 31906). You might need to buy a Snowmobile Suit. I hear that Iqalut is quite beautiful in the summer.

1 week later
#4095 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Finally got around to setting up my 1960 WMS Jungle EM pin today,

"Styling For The 60's", Williams had promoted the new cabinet construction. Non burnable side rails. The drink and ashtray shelf, also helped to cut down on kicks to the coin door. 3/4 inch lower plywood panel aided in more cabinet strength. Built in 1960 to 1961.

I know I have played a Williams with this cabinet, but I can't remember the theme/game, certainly remember tossing the partially full ashtray onto a near by table.

#4144 4 years ago

^^^^^^^
So, so, jelly!

#4164 4 years ago

Look at that BLUE NOTE! More closer pictures please!

#4169 4 years ago

Neat! Now I need a smoke and a quick nap!

#4171 4 years ago

This is in really nice condition. Great find.

With 2 Spinners, lots of targets, kick out, and enough pop bumpers, it is not terrible to play at all.

3 weeks later
#4366 4 years ago

River Boat has the windows for the score reels as the windows on the Paddle Wheel Boat. Now that was artistic brilliance.

Odin if it was set to 3 Balls, doesn't the scoring rules also change?

#4374 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Indeed man! It's not like they have a 1954 Gottlieb Wishing Well factory down the road.

Yep. No Big Box store 'EM Pins are Us' around here either.

#4426 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That is a give and take on this machine. It happens pretty equal when we are playing it so it becomes a non factor. Don't let Bob's final score last night fool you. He is as big a competitor as they come. Which is one of the reasons I am having so much fun playing lately. One night he is the champ and the next night I am. Pit Stop, Magic Clock, and Surf Side are the usual battlefields.

"It is Fun to Compete!", thinking that I have seen this quote on a Gottlieb some where?

1 week later
#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The bucket came from Home Depot.

You should not have to worry about water dripping out of the "Surf Side".

#4563 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Found a box of GE #455's for you.

IMG_2130[1].JPG

Watch out there Odin. From the photo that Rat T. supplied, that is an incorrect box for GE Lamps, I think he is up to somethin'.

#4613 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Fireball is gleaming and so slick!

That ball it just going to be flying around on that playfield. It will be quick ball times. Fun Fun Fun! Looks great BTW.

#4622 4 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Works in progress---
HH RG (Small).JPG

Is that a Thunderbird?

#4624 4 years ago

The 1/4 panel contour, the lack of a wheel well molding, the mirror, and rear seat area. Were the hints I had. Colour is always tough as photos slightly alter the hues. Now were is the Fender Skirt?

4 weeks later
#4818 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

but i don't feel cramped in anymore and i did get to add to more pins to my collection.

Hey Vic, have you every sat and contemplated buying a larger home with a large space for your amazing collection of EM pins? By the photos I have seen over the past few years I really mean amazing.

#4824 4 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Just bought this yesterday, pretty pumped...

The smudge prints from hands and nose on your windows in your game room, will not be mine.

Great pick up. I can't wait to play it. Have Fun!

#4844 4 years ago
Quoted from bcrage88:

Ya figured if anyone would appreciate this machine it would have been you, lol... Thanks should be in the house and good to go by the weekend!!!

Yep, Great find. Looks so nice BTW. No flipper drag marks, no planking. Can't wait to play it again. Let us know when you roll over the score. Hopefully you will not do that in the next week.

#4860 4 years ago
Quoted from atpcfiaim:

I've got this stuff mounted on my garage wall.

Sorry atpcfiaim, But I just have to comment. BTW there are at least 4 other Pinsiders waiting for some one to comment on the rotated photos. Just stand still while clicking the photos, no need to show off you gymnastics skills, cartwheeling through the garage, and snapping photos at the same time.

#4872 4 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Just added two. I've gone from no EMs to this in about a month and a half:

EM_lineup_summer_2015.jpg

Careful it is a slippery slope!

1 week later
#4915 4 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

1 more

20150804_201710.jpg

Those pictures really help explain how the metal form ramps are used in play, great clean up, there Boilerman.
In the last photo it looks like the wire guide for both inlanes are now bent.

#4917 4 years ago

Roller Coaster is always credited as having the first ever wire form ramps. There may be a flipperless pin with wire ramps as well.

In the 3rd photo you posted the wire guides do not appear to be bent.

#4924 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Are you sure those ball return lane guides aren't reversed side to side?

Something looked different to me, but I just couldn't put a finger on it.

2 weeks later
#5020 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

These LEDs gotta go though.

You could re use them in your Moon Glow lights in the garden.

1 week later
#5038 4 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

2 of my games rooms

Fantastic Collection. Thanks for sharing it with Pinside.
If I was to critique your game room, I would suggest some carpeting. Just to help absorb the sound level. Unless the walls and ceiling are already coated with something.

4 weeks later
#5120 4 years ago

New acquisition, Sky Jump.
DSCN0819.JPG
DSCN0818.JPG
DSCN0820.JPG

#5121 4 years ago

Picked up the Sky Jump, the owner said, "We do not have the keys, and there must be a lot of quarters in it". Well it was not stuffed with money, so some one must of had the key.
DSCN0816.JPG

$33.00.

#5123 4 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Pretty clean looking Sky Jump!

It is not mint, but it is fine condition. Some flaking in the reds on the backglass. 2 broken playfield plastics. The drops need to be replaced, 1 is broken off, 1 is wrong. The cabinet has some scrapes. I'll be waxing it up tomorrow. Mr. Young will be getting an E-mail real soon. The quarters will help a little.

#5127 4 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

nice sky jump, out of interest what was the dates on your coins? always a pretty good gauge on the last time the game was on location.

Those are all new quarters. Even some U.S.A. quarters in there. The money was put in game while it was in an 'Art & Design Studio'. I think they got it for a client but he didn't like it. Or it was used for a photo shoot of a man cave, and the management kept it around for a few months.

#5143 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I thought someone mentioned what it was for but the reason escapes me now? Cabinet style maybe?

The 'S' is for Sample, on Gottlieb pins.

1 week later
#5182 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I've seen that video several times, and I've still yet to figure out what in the world he thinks he's accomplishing with that bizarre plunge shot. Just weird.

100% agree. It is different. Very flamboyant, stylish, which ever? Those lines on the shooter scale are there as a guide only.. His step back, almost 2 handed launch would cut off his view of the gauge.

2 weeks later
#5241 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Which is...... (fill the blanks)!

Funky multi coloured Gordon Morison Backglass. Large Gottlieb Logo. Crescent shaped cabinet side art. 4 by 3 grid of round playfield inserts. Can't be mistaken for anything other than Strange World.

#5250 3 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

BTW Someones know if with some soundproofing,my EM will make less noise?I overestimate the noise being in an apartment

Here is what I did with my Solar City. Tighten the chime bars. Then install rubber pads for furniture, under the levers. Some one mentioned cutting squares out of flip flops and placing them under the levers. The last thing I tried was to place a small wrapped towel on top of the chimes, just setting on top. The chimes are still audible. The problem is the score motor and the resetting relays.
Another Pinsider once also suggested attaching some Styrofoam to the bottom and rear of the game. But that may be extreme. Insulation could be fairly easily attached to back door. Carpet padding and a rectangle piece of carpet could also be placed under the game. Isolating the feet from the floor will go along to keeping the transfer of sound to a minimum.

1 week later
#5268 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I thought the AAB games did not have the "match" feature to "win" a free game. But the instruction card says otherwise.

newyork.jpg

Many 70's Gottliebs had the 'Extra Ball' feature. Not a true AAB, it only allowed for 1 extra ball for each ball in play.

3 weeks later
#5317 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Another new arrival

The pins you have been obtaining lately seem to getting older and older. Which isn't a bad thing. I have odds that the next one does not even have buttons on the sides.

#5344 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah I'm in no hurry to remove them as my plate is full. I got lots to do.

Your plate is full. No kidding. Do you have Steve Young on speed dial? Maybe it is time to raise the roof, add another floor, or an extension wing into the back yard.

2 weeks later
#5438 3 years ago
Quoted from kovalski3:

Loving my Joker Poker

Sample game, really Nice! Are there any differences from a regular game?

1 week later
#5498 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Jack Daniels and sleeping underneath a pinball machine. I think I can manage.

This must be a new thing. Passing out doesn't really count as sleeping, does it?

#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

..an australian themed pinball..and one that never, ever turns up for sale down hers.

Even then this could of been politically incorrect, now it is called something entirely different.

#5509 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gotcha covered rat.

Those power cords by the guest bed look like a hazard to a good nights rest.

3 weeks later
#5596 3 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

I find Sky Jump to be very challenging.

Average scores for the Sky Jump I have are 29,000 to 50,000. Set to 5 ball. Getting the 1-7 lit, and winning the 'Replay' is roughly 2 or 3 times in 15 plays.

#5605 3 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Dimension eye candy!

Looking mighty Fine!

1 week later
#5637 3 years ago
Quoted from Red97:

My rough Domino, plays pretty decent though

EM, and a Ford Mustang fan, great!

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from Blindseer:

really? how so?

The layouts are the same the game play is different. Here are the main differences other than multi player.

El Dorado has that moving target light, effected with that star rollover on the upper playfield. Targets reset when the bank is all knocked down.

Solar City, Canada Dry, and Target Alpha resets the targets at the end of each ball. These 3 have the Double Bonus feature too.

#5660 3 years ago
Quoted from Red97:

My rough Domino, plays pretty decent though.

For you guys wondering? How was that figured out...

DSCN0912_(resized).JPG

#5697 3 years ago
Quoted from sysprog:

I posted this pic in a different thread

Can you post a photo of the back, or inside the back box. You are right there is no photo like this on IPDB.

#5703 3 years ago