Topic Stats

• 12,154 posts
  • 681 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by MeNaCeFiRe
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,970 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F8F77BEC-0C0A-4FFC-92BE-86C1E93415EE (resized).jpeg
74018D7C-7E9A-42DE-ADEA-222068494C72 (resized).jpeg
16548030-DC43-4DE1-9297-B4ECA26F671E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191208_132327144 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191208_132332422 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191208_131246498 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191208_132311010~3 (resized).jpg
DSCN6539 (resized).JPG
IMG_5756 (resized).JPG
IMG_5755 (resized).JPG
IMG_5754 (resized).JPG
73EE5064-79EA-4EE9-A685-051AD7F98D5F (resized).jpeg
4F62CED0-DB4E-4B77-9810-8EF1A832CFF0 (resized).jpeg
B999A498-FFA1-4B0E-A9DC-DCA865D10180 (resized).jpeg
Steve the pirate (resized).jpg
DSC05777 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ckcsm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4993 4 years ago

I just did this with a spray can with a dirty tip, but I did order one of those brushes on Ebay to try.1439339580576.jpg

9 months later
#6201 3 years ago

Look nice, never played this era Williams game, I'm sure you have them dialed in just right

3 weeks later
#6317 3 years ago

Picked up a King Of Diamonds today from a co workers neighbor, got a great deal and it looks like it will clean up, the only downside is someone removed the backbox animation levers.

20160605_142221_(resized).jpg

20160605_142206_(resized).jpg

#6320 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ach! Is the entire unit missing, or just the card flags? You can get replacement flags and the stickers at pbresource.com.

It looks like they cut off the flat spots where the card flags are attached; I'm assuming they were not working properly.

#6328 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ach! Is the entire unit missing, or just the card flags? You can get replacement flags and the stickers at pbresource.com.

Thanks for the heads up; I checked out the site and see they do have the metal flags, which is what I need.

2 weeks later
#6513 3 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

Picked up this near perfect Buccaneer at the Atl show a couple of weeks ago.
Claimed to be HUO and digging into it I believe it. 7800 plays. Unbelievably clean inside.

I played Buccaneer when I was in college and was able to pick up a nice one a year ago, love it.

#6514 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvisinmypants:

I'd burn the others for heat before I'd sell that! It's funny because I was wanting one, had a guy tell me he was looking for one and I told another guy about that and he said he was looking for one. So thinking I'd never come across one, I said "well he asked first so if I find one f him it's yours." So then I found one and I'm an ass because I kept it so if I do get rid of it it's his if he doesn't already have one

So what is the title??

#6570 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

picked up a sleeper wedgehead. it is a game i have wanted but never could find one that wasn't worn. this one was cheap and is in great original condition. bg is mint, cab is really nice just a few bumps, pf was dirty but will clean up nice. the area below the kickouts tend to be bare wood but this one only has a few tiny spots that should be easy to touch up. the only minus was the coin door was gutted.

Way to go Boilerman you can add another to your collection.

I'm starting to think you do like working on them as much as playing them.

1 month later
#7001 3 years ago

If I didn't have a Quick Draw i would be interested, love playing it.
On my backglass my reds and some of the yellows were on bad shape, even the blue by the drop targets on mine is worn, yours looks good.

1 week later
#7071 3 years ago

I picked up this Sing Along and just started cleaning it up. Some wear on the playfield near the kick out holes and some bumps on the cabinet, the backglass is very nice. It also came with all the original paperwork.

I'm very happy to get it; I didn't realize how good of a player until a few weeks ago playing one at Vic's place so I needed to add this one to my collection.

20160902_184718 (resized).jpg

20160902_184612 (resized).jpg

20160902_184535 (resized).jpg

20160901_183118 (resized).jpg

#7104 3 years ago

Nice find Dave; they made 211 units and you have 2 of them; WOW

Quoted from boilerman:

I know, NOT an EM but it has been on my down low want list for as long as i can remember.....

#7105 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I have only one System 1 game; hands down the best one; "Joker Poker". "Solar Ride" is better than "Dragon" I think. Isn't "Dragon" the only System 1 game without drop targets?

I would like to get a Joker Poker, I'm concerned as far as repairs as I have read a lot of problems with system 1's and have never owned one. There was a Cleopatra at the York show last year for sale, it played real nice and I think it was @ $700, I was tempted but didn't bite.

#7150 3 years ago
Quoted from toddtuckey:

Yes...my beautiful Sing Along! Todd

Thanks Todd, I'm happy to own this title; still cleaning it up and have to do some tuning but it will be a nice one to add to the collection. It was a pleasure dealing with you. Chuck

1 month later
#7282 3 years ago

Nice Line up Dave
I'm sure you will find a good candidate or two that will be happy to be inside with the cold winter months ahead.

3 weeks later
#7396 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

My Abra Ca Dabra finally made the line up in the garage gameroom after blocking my work bench for months after i completed my restoration and had no where to put it. It won't be staying there too long. I will be bring it down into the basement gameroom soon.

Looks nice Vic; I'm sure you got it dialed in.
Now to get mine in the same shape as yours.

1 week later
#7455 3 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Having mega fun with 20 drops, 2 inch flippers and yellow dot coils from Steve Young's Pinball Resource. I did feel the need to add two GI lights under the top arch. Can't keep my hands off this 2001. Drop 'em all and she lights up like a Wurlitzer juke. I've never seen so many crazy ball routes with the upper slings. 137,900 plays and it one of my best playing decks. They really made a great pin back in 1971

Got to love all the drop targets; keeps you coming back again and again.

1 month later
#7689 2 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

More pictures from the Del Ray Florida Silverball Museum location.....Enjoy!

Looks like a great place to check out, I'm going to try to get down there this winter to see it in person.

Vic, it looks like you have settled in; the shorts and tee shirt sure beats the freezing weather here; i'm sure your like a kid in a candy store, enjoy.

1 month later
#8075 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Picked this up today. Seller told me he had a lot of calls today, but I was fortunate to have seen the ad shortly after it was posted yesterday afternoon (CL). He was very honorable letting me have first shot at it since I was the first caller. No brainer!

Looks nice JR; would love to play that title.

4 weeks later
#8252 2 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Don't own an El Dorado but always enjoy playing one at the Silverball Museum and at Vic Camp's house as well.
Infact, just stopped over there for a great party the other night, haven't been over in a while but hopefully I will be much more in the future. Great memories made along with photos and videos. I'm not sure if I even played El Dorado that night (I have before in there though) - so many other games to enjoy too and I tend to have a different taste than most. Luckily that gameroom (let alone his other two) caters to all eras of Gottlieb games.
I'll have to post/share some pictures once I unload my phone sometime. Always a great time with great friends.

I definitely enjoyed putting some play time on the El Dorado, it's a great example and getting together with everyone.

#8255 2 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

I finished my Gold Strike restoration last weekend. It was a big project. The previous owner stored the machine in a shed on wet ground, so the bottom rotted off, mice moved in, and lots of rusting happened. I had to give it a donor cabinet, a Wade Krause playfield, a Shay backglass, and a lot of love to make it nice again.

The "WOW" in the center of the playfield says it all - great job

1 month later
#8972 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I saw your Dad briefly at the show, but didn't see you. I also met "boilerman" for the first time. Nothing like I pictured him, but he's aces!
You have a great looking collection there!

Phillips88 - Nice collection of games, wish I would have met you at the show; also didn't get to say hi to Boilerman.

#9028 2 years ago
Quoted from Mcshaney:

Yet to be unloaded but just picked it up.

Congrats on the pickup; I just got mine up and running and took it to the Allentown show for free play; definitely enjoy those drop targets.

#9044 2 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

He's dancin....
What a fun game !

I saw that Dodge City at the show but couldn't pull the trigger.

It's one on my radar as I enjoy the western theme,cowboys/guns;yea

2 months later
#9467 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Looking forward to bringing this home on Monday!
Havent played one in 41 years!
10 ball add-a-ball?

Looks like a neat machine.

That blonde all the way in the back with the cowboy hat looks like she needs someone to go on a ride with her.

3 weeks later
#9544 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

back from my summer sabbatical

Well I guess It's back to school or back to playing with machines) after a summer break?

3 weeks later
#9689 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Touch ups, check. Clear coat, check. Cabinet repaint, check. Mechanicals - check. Currently troubleshooting, this Gulfstream is just about ready for the York show - one of the fastest EMs ever built - simple but deadly, just the way I like 'em!
Looking forward to yet another wonderful show, see everyone in less than a week!!!

I'm looking forward to playing such a nice example, played this title alot back in the day.

I played your Cleopatra at Allentown and that was very nicely done.

#9711 2 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

this is the last time I'll be using water-based varathane poly on playfields... just mutes colors too much. Even though this P/F was a bit faded to start, I'm a bit puzzled how faded the aqua color came out... going to acrylic lacquer!

Don,

I agree the waterbase varathane is not a good choice. Acrylic lacquer will work but has many drawbacks, automotive acrylic urethane is definitely the best choice, but it's more expensive but so much more durable and will make your colors look so much better.

Hope to see you at the show.

3 weeks later
#9840 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice example, but just one negative.
The coin entry plate is not correct for that game. It's easily reversible, but the chutes are hard to come by, and can be pricey. Most "KOD"s I've seen have triple coin chutes, so you'll probably need three chutes and a 5, 10, 25 cent plate if you want to make it correct.
Otherwise, a stunning example of one of the best wedgeheads ever!

My project King Of Diamonds came with the wrong lock down bar, one with the riveted humped end caps vs what I think is correct - the welded end caps, which are hard to come by.
It did come with the correct coin entry plate, but the 5 & 10 cent spots are blocked off with the 25 cent having the chute and coin mech.
King of Diamonds is a great game and I'm still worling on getting mine to the next level.

#9841 2 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Never have seen that one.

Wow that's saying somethig from the EM expert

IPDB says only 500 made

3 weeks later
#9908 2 years ago

Nice pair of add a balls JR; do you prefer this title compared to King Of Diamonds?

2 weeks later
#10049 2 years ago

WOW, what a collection of games; looks like plenty of projects, spare parts, ect.

I'm sure there are some duplicates, saw two Sweet Hearts.

Hopefully that is dry storage, lots of old dust/dirt but who knows maybe a diamond in the rough?

#10068 2 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

After two and a half years of putting off bring down my Golden Arrow from the garage gameroom jrpinball and i completed this excruciating task. We relocated,disassembled,reassembled,releveled and did some very minor maintenance, repair and fine tuning on over 10+ machines in my collection. This work has helped my chronological order a great deal and new looking line up feels great in my tightly fit space of 25 Gottlieb wedgeheads. There are a couple of videos on my Vic Camp Pinball youtube pages of this accomplishment if anyone would like to view.

Looks like Golden Arrow is there to stay; I know mine is also.

I know after completing that task you must have been ready for some beverage's that you have the neon signs for.

Looks great, nice job.

#10069 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Pinball Mecca! Someday I hope to make the journey. I would like to hear what it sounds like with every game playing at the same time !

Even better is when they are all on with no one playing you can hear the 455 blinkers clicking on and off; kind of soulds like crickets!

2 months later
#10310 1 year ago

Good luck getting that Volley going; I bought one in very nice condition last year that I enjoy playing very much, mine is set for 130,000 for a free game and that's tough to achieve, much easier to try to get all the drop targets down and go for the special alternating up top; it's definitely one of those games that you want to always play just one more to try to beat!

#10322 1 year ago

I was playing my Volley with my wife last night and she said we were only getting like 30 and 40,000 per game that I'd never hit a free game but the next one I got just over the 130,000 for the free game, but that's not an easy task, challenging game.

20180210_204206 (resized).jpg

2 months later
#10815 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Well, these were mine, but they sold at Pinfest. Love the cash, but it stung a little to part with them.

Love King Of Diamonds and was tempted playing your nice example, but I have one in my restoration que, I better get it going.

1 week later
#10858 1 year ago

If anyone really gives themselves a chance to get use to the flipper arrangement on this game, they might think different about what kind of player this wedgehead truly is.

Vic, wow what a write up.

I bought one about a year ago, it has a beautiful playfield but the backglass has some paint loss along the bottom.
Mine needs some monor fixes, so I'll have to get it going after reading I'll have to give it a go again.

1 month later
#10995 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Especially with the guy in red tights with the load in his pants on "2001".

I better look in the mirror

1 week later
#11053 1 year ago
Quoted from Darcy:

he backglass is terribly faded,

Shay has the backglass; I got one from him for my High Hand and it looks nice.

1 month later
#11185 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You struck gold!

Hey JR, wouldn't that have to be a "Gold Strike" to qualify?

2 months later
#11273 1 year ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Picked up this "Bowling Queen" last week. It's the fourth one I've owned.

Looks nice JR; I saw the last one you had and thought that one was nice, but this is looking even better, good luck with the shop job.

1 month later
#11314 11 months ago

Keep up the good work.

You got me thinking about my Centigrade 37, need to give it a PM as well.

3 months later
#11488 8 months ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Newest addition to the herd is a very rare 1971 Bally Skyrocket.

I played Nic's at the York Show last October, he did an outstanding job restoring this machine and I really enjoyed playing it with the light show.

Nic may be able to offer some advise on the restoration.

20181011_171818 (resized).jpg20181011_170734 (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#11552 7 months ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Check out before and after pic’s.

Vic, your on a roll with shopping games recently, looking good!

2 months later
#11713 5 months ago

Dodge City is on my wishlist and I have a friend who says I'm getting his eventually.

Love the back glass animation

1 month later
#11861 3 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Along with it's add-a-ball partner "Pleasure Isle", probably two of the best multi-player EM games ever produced by Gottlieb. Major good lookers as well!

I found this out at a local collectors party; played the game and loved it.

1 week later
#11894 3 months ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Just finished installing a Wade playfield into my Quick Draw. I had this playfield clear coated with auto clear before installing.

I'm on Wade's list for the next run of Quick Draw; can't wait as I love that game.

I auto clear his playfield's also for several reason's, one is my auto clear is a premium urethane that will protect the finish, never yellow (has uv absorbers in it) and will never crack like a lacquer finish.

Is this a little overkill for a home use machine - yes - but I'll never have to worry about it again and it's easy with a blank non-populated playfield.

2 weeks later
#11982 78 days ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

This reminds me of one of those find the difference in the pictures game.

The Italian version is a one player with an extra score reel + 2 stationary "0's" to make in millions vs thousands.
I'm sure they are more differences.

#11983 78 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I sealed the backglass today,?

Jr - was the backglass a plexi?
The playfield looks nice also.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 11,500.00
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ckcsm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside