20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3047 9 years ago

I just finished reading all 61 pages of this thread. Some great photos and advice and stories, thanks everyone who contributed.

Hopefully I can contribute to it before too long. Still sorting out what I'm looking for to get my feet wet, but right now Abra Ca Dabra and Centigrade 37 are probably at the top of my list. Have an offer for the ACD, I'm starting to realize I'm going to have to let go of my aversion to shipping games if I want to be picky about titles.

#3052 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

abra is a great player and a great looker C37 on the other hand is a great looker and so so player.
I had 2 of them and really tried to like them but no matter how I set them up the game play was to easy

We should talk more about Abra.

I'm a total EM newb, and I haven't played one yet, so I see the really simple symmetrical playfield and it's hard to imagine it has enough to do. Then I see C37's layout and think there's more to it. I suspect that's my newbness speaking.

#3054 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Check this thread out.

Oh that's perfect, thanks!

#3060 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The funny thing about Abra Ca Dabra is it was a sleeper game until we started talking about it on Pinside.

I just love the era-appropriate fantasy themed art. If everyone said "looks great, game sucks" I'd probably sadly reconsider, but that's the draw for me. There just aren't a lot of classic EM games with that kind of art, more the realm of the solid states that followed. And that's a whole different thing really.

1 week later
#3064 9 years ago

Rob are those LEDs in that game?

#3066 9 years ago

My DMD games are 100% LED. Not sure I'd put them in an EM, I kind of dig the original feel. Part of the charm of the games to me is the clack of the reels, the chiming, and the flicker and glow of the incandescents.

But I'm no LED hater obviously. You should check out the sunlight bulbs from Comet, they're pretty sweet. Warm without being overly yellow, they'd be great in something like an EM, maybe in the fluted bulbs.

#3073 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That seems contradictory to your first paragraph though.

If you like the "flicker and glow of the incandescents", the warm white LEDs would come closer to that look than the sunlight bulbs would, wouldn't they?

Nah, warm yellow LEDs don't look anything like incandescents to me. No LED does. So if I'm doing LEDs it's because I want the advantages of LEDs, not because I'm trying to mimic anything. The sunlight bulbs are great because they're going to pop the artwork and colors of plastics nicely, they're way more white and will brighten the game, but they're not quite so harsh white like cool bulbs (which I normally like in most DMD games) so it matches the tone of the EM better.

Anyways, if you make a Comet order get a handful, check them out, they're a pretty nice color.

2 weeks later
#3127 9 years ago

Pretty sure vid has a thread on how to restore her.

#3135 9 years ago
Quoted from Quiddity:

I've got a Canon T1i. I think they are on 4 or 5 now. I still don't have a single complaint with mine (aside from the fact that the only lens missing out of my arsenal is a dedicated macro lens).

I have a macro I use occasionally with my Ti3, but honestly they're tricky lenses to use because the depth of field is just so shallow. The Canon 50mm prime is one of the best bang for the buck lenses out there, no question.

#3136 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Hearing you boys talk about these sixties Williams like that does my heart good!

I was born in '77, so this Abra Ca Dabra is my first pin I've owned that's actually older than me.

I'll take more pics of it after I get my replacement Webb backglass. Should have it all up and running smoother by then. Need to find the time to pull the apron and paint it so I can get this decal on it too, that with the Webb glass and the new plastics I still need to install should have it looking nice.

#3142 9 years ago

I put Comet Ice Blue LEDs in my coin inserts on Abra Ca Dabra. The subtle blue doesn't blow them out, looks natural. Less heat in the front area now too. I don't want to use LEDs in visible spots, like the GI, but I'm not a purist either.

image.jpgimage.jpg

4 weeks later
#3172 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The latest additions to the team.

Not pictured, the Solar City we just removed from the left of Palooka.

Good to see you man, we had a great time!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#3230 9 years ago

Time to hunt down some 31" legs!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3232 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

So does that make EM #2?

Yup! Probably going to stay with two. If I find one of my more desirable wedgeheads I'll swap it in for Sky Jump. These are in my office next to my desk, solid states are in the garage, and it will probably stay solid state.

#3234 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Congrats!
Couldn't agree more^^^^ . Make Sky Jump what I call the "6 months game". Play it for 6 months and rotate in a fresh wedgehead - just like when they were on route.

Yeah, exactly. It's a cool game, nice little ruleset, solid title, but not something I have any real emotional attachment to or anything.

#3239 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Sky Jump isn't the best wedge head but it's still a great game. Mine does have some sentimental attachment. I give it more credit than most do.

I dunno, it seems like a bit of a sleeper, at least 2 people have already listed it in their top 5 single player EMs. I'm enjoying it.

#3241 9 years ago
Quoted from cpiel:

Wow - I am so enjoying this thread - just started looking it over last night - will share pics of my handful of games as well at some point. Just got up to page 8 and the pics stopped loading. Same for most of the pages that follow except for a pic here and there that loads. Is there a way around this problem or am I the only one having it? Thanks in advance for any help!

I think there's a segment of time where Pinside lost some photos. Nothing to be done about it, just keep paging past them until you get back to where they're fixed.

#3248 9 years ago
Quoted from jlm33:

And now I need a third one with drop targets!

They make EMs without drop targets?

#3264 9 years ago
Quoted from cpiel:

Yeah - Hoov recently hooked me up with a low play Sky Jump - apparently was sitting in the back of an operators place for many years and is quite dirty but a diamond in the rough for sure - Nick is taking that one next. Lisa and the kids played Free Fall for hours at Pinfest so it was an easy choice.

I'm enjoying the one I picked up last week. Since Free Fall is the AAB I'm assuming that hours of play was a single game.

2 weeks later
#3365 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I like Sea Ray. I like Bally. I like Gottlieb. I like Williams. Heck, I like em all!. Definitely different features found on all these brands and more differences during different eras. My collection may look like a clusterf**k, but I like variety.

I loved the variety in your collection. A row of wedgeheads looks so nice, love that too, but I prefer being able to switch things up based on mood. My solid states are the same way, mix of eras.

1 week later
#3409 9 years ago

Happy new year EM folk!

aurich-cats.jpgaurich-cats.jpg

#3411 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Oh look a Platinum Mink Tonkinese! My Tonkinese cat just passed away about 10 days ago. She was 19 years old. Beautiful cats btw.

Aww. 19 is a good run though. These aren't purebreds, we rescued them as 6-8 week old kittens from under our house.

Took them a while to adjust to the EMs in my office. Every time the dual drops on Abra Ca Dabra would reset they'd go running.

#3413 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Dude the grey one is a Tonkinese.(Half Burmese / Half Siamese) They are a wonderful breed and very vocal. They also live almost forever because of the Burmese in their blood.

Welp you got the very vocal part right at least. They've both bonded to me pretty hard since I weaned them and work from home and am around all the time. When I go on business trips they wander around the house looking for me, they follow me from room to room meowing for attention.

The mother was all grey, the father I don't know, but I suspect he was a black masked/socked siamese a bit like the one on the left that I've seen around. She was a stray and we caught her moving her litter under our house. When we judged the kittens were old enough we trapped her (I took her to the vet and had her spayed before we released her again) and got the kittens. Which makes it sound easy, and not an all day ordeal involving breaking holes in our walls to pull them out!

Burmese can be all grey right? You could be totally dead on.

1 month later
#3589 9 years ago

Hit the Deck is such an odd beast, it's so strange to see the score reels moving with their fake segmented LEDs.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

£ 49.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Yucca Valley, CA
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Lighting - Led
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aurich.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=aurich and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.