IMG_9534.jpg
IMG_9537.jpg
IMG_9536.jpg
20240112_224157 (resized).jpg
20230522_161842 (resized).jpg
20230522_161836 (resized).jpg
20230522_154448 (resized).jpg
20230522_154506 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#302 10 years ago

Here is the last one I brought home back in Dec. I don't really restore them, just clean them up and play them. It had a custom battleship gray paint job and no coin door when I brought it home. I stripped the latex gray paint off, refinished the wood, made a coin door out of an old bowler door and shopped it out. Pretty fun game.
Alex

Globetrotter.jpgGlobetrotter.jpg

#309 10 years ago

Looks good. Grand Prix is the first machine I actually remember playing. My Dad had one in his motorcycle dealership when I was a kid.
Alex

#383 10 years ago

I don't think your in the minority. There are a lot of guys that favor replay games. I consider myself an AAB guy but I'm from Wisconsin. There are also exceptions as some AAB games are better implemented than others. I've had a couple that could drag on a bit long. The good ones make you really earn that extended play. Like you say barely getting there.

I also still enjoy hearing the knocker on a replay game. It's still satisfying knowing you achieved a goal and were rewarded for it.
Alex

1 week later
#435 10 years ago

Beat the Clock is cool. Early multi-ball.
Alex

#479 10 years ago

Star Pool is the only billiard theme that has the Totan type spinner that I'm aware of. There are other games with that type of spinner.
Aces & Kings
4 Aces
Planets
Star Action
Triple Action
Zodiac

2 weeks later
#516 10 years ago
Quoted from balbers:

Anyone here have a Four Million B.C.? I read this entire thread, but didn't see one. If I missed it, please repost!

Page 6, DeaconBlooze. Nice game.
Alex

#529 10 years ago

D.B. Cooper?

Alex

1 week later
#546 10 years ago

King of Diamonds is pictured.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1372&picno=8890

Lucky Hand is also a great card theme from the 70s.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1488&picno=23080
Alex

3 weeks later
#696 10 years ago

Hoov I'm an AAB guy and my Gold Strike experience was exactly as yours. I bought it thinking it was going to be the grail of all games and found myself "disenchanted" as you say. The game could drag on and started to feel monotonous. I'd start to zone out and lose interest. A couple times I actually shut it off. It was always fun for a game but not one that made me yearn to press start again and again. I have to think El Dorado in this case would be about perfect.

With that said a lot of AAB games are great fun. Getting to that next ball can be more exciting than popping a replay in the right game. It's like having an exciting game go into overtime. As shapshifter said though, the thresholds have to be right. No one respects a game that gives it away too easily. They have to feel earned. I have replay games and I still enjoy the thrill of beating the game and hearing that knocker. That's the goal and it feels great. With a good AAB machine you may get that thrill multiple times in one game. Your progress is saved and with each pop and the excitement builds. You may have a personal goal (high score or roll the machine) and each earned AAB gets you that much closer.
Alex

#699 10 years ago

O-din you've compiled one hell of a nice Em collection in a short time. Some great games with a nice variety.
Alex

#702 10 years ago

A woodrail would be nice to round it out. Is the Seven Seas still available?
Alex

#727 10 years ago

There are a lot of European buyers that love our american jukeboxes. I rarely go to the Chicagoland show on the first day but apparently they come in droves on Friday and buy truckloads of classics to ship back. Woodrail pinballs used to be really hot overseas as well. Fortunately I think that has slowed a bit.

I also have a 1947 Seeburg Trashcan. I would normally be completely opposed to the iPod conversion but considering the circumstances it's the perfect option. I have also been holding off on purchasing the side plastics. I did get a nice dome plastic and my daughter bought me the top 3-piece set for Christmas one year. You are absolutely right. It is hard to spend $300 on a set of plastics when project pinballs are generally cheaper. I hope to be able to justify the side plastics now that I have no room for any more games. Jukes are really cool, just not as fun as pinball.
Alex

1 month later
#886 10 years ago

I'd love a North Star for the art alone.

1 week later
#912 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I now realize my Buckaroo came with short-legs.

Buckaroo should have 31" legs. Probably has a Williams set of 28.5" on it. Nice if your short or want to squeeze it under some duct work. My Sinbad had 31" legs on it when I had it. It was supposed to have 27". I'm fairly short and felt like the flipper buttons were at my armpits.

#918 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am going to purchase 31s.

Just keep buying Williams, Bally and late Gottlieb games until you get one with 31s on it and swap 'em.

The machines look great by the way.

#948 10 years ago

I like the flipper rubbers doubled up on these 2" flipper games. They give a little bit of an extra advantage by narrowing the gap a little.

There is also another reason people do this. Modern replacement flipper bushings sit a bit taller making the flipper higher off the playfield. Because of this the contact point changed and the ball can break the lower edge of your flipper plastic. The second rubber compensates for this by making a lower rubber to ball contact point.

1 week later
#997 10 years ago

Hey did you find a lockdown bar yet for that Royal Guard?

#1000 10 years ago

I have Dave's autograph and business card at home somewhere. Met him at Expo in 2004. Nice guy.

#1019 10 years ago

Last wedge head with back glass animation?

#1022 10 years ago

We're all a little crazy aren't we?

#1043 10 years ago

I used to have that Patsy Cline 45 but one of my jukeboxes ate it.

Quoted from GreyScale:

Yup, TKO was the last wedgehead EM, only 125 made. Space Walk was the last EM overall, 215 made. Space Walk though does have a SS version (Count-Down), which makes TKO even more of a rare find.

It's funny how rare TKO is but I've seen a few of them in person. I've never seen a Space Walk other than ipdb I think.

2 weeks later
#1085 10 years ago

I'm guessing the shippers just picked up Rat's Slick Chick? Lucky dude.

#1087 10 years ago

Farewell and adieu to you, fair Spanish ladies...

#1091 10 years ago

Jungle eh? Umm, congratulations.

#1094 10 years ago

So, eleven hundred men went in the water, three hundred and sixteen men come out, the sharks took the rest, June the 29, 1945.

#1118 10 years ago

Wish I could watch YouTube at work.

#1122 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I wish I could have some success on the mask I'm working on for you!

Don't sweat it. I know you like the challenge of figuring it out but won't be disappointed if you can't make the mask work. That was just sort of an added bonus. The art part you did so far looked awesome and I appreciate all your effort. Anyway, we'll start a new thread on that one when I get the machine all put together.

#1132 10 years ago

I love the jigsaw effect of alternating wedge heads and reverse wedge heads. Beautiful games! Congrats.

#1151 10 years ago

Hey Ken, I see Klondike plastics are coming soon at Pinball Rescue. Even the impossible to find slot cover plastic. I don't know if you were keeping that one but thought it was cool to see as I believe you initiated them.

#1157 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

My tongue is still stuck to the pole.

If I didn't know the reference I'd be worried.

#1158 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

My woman would be the typical wife that would knock over the leg lamp.

It's a major award!

#1193 10 years ago

Awesome to finally find that Slick Chick Dave. And having an extra playfield is extra nice. Congrats!

Thanks to DirtFlipper and LeckMeck. They were on a 3 state tour yesterday. I now have a Drop-A-Card and Royal Guard projects to play around with. Dirt helped coordinate the sale and delivery from Mn.

#1292 10 years ago

I just put one of my "vinyl players" up for sale if anyone is interested?

janesville.craigslist.org link

#1295 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Did you rebuild the amp yourself Alex?

No, I have a buddy that is my jukebox guy. There is a much larger learning curve with these machines.

Quoted from boilerman:

I like ami machines even though they get little love with juke collectors

Yeah, that may be true in general but they have a lot of neat models. My friend has an AMI I that is amazing. He also has a Continental that is a pretty popular machine but a little too Jestons for me.

My wife bought a really nice 1954 Rock-ola Comet Fireball to replace our D-80. Both are a nice compact size for smaller spaces.

#1299 10 years ago

We missed out on a really nice Wurlitzer 2104 on our local Craigslist a couple weeks back. It was $1200, needed to be gone through but looked to have nice cosmetics and working. It was gone in a day and I saw it again on Craigslist a couple days later. That sort of inspired my wife's other purchase.

#1300 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Pretty sure that is NOT a good way to clean your records...

Sure why not?

d_6682.jpgd_6682.jpg
#1302 10 years ago

We agree. I like that too. It give the music a little soul. He's just pointing out you had a typo and spelled liked as licked. Paints an interesting image.

#1339 10 years ago

Shhh, you have to keep the 60s Williams secret.

#1387 10 years ago
Quoted from OTTOgd:

Rocket Ship plays great but backglass is a mess and cabinet has been re-painted, darnit. K.C. Jones plays great. What a fun woodrail.

Diggin' the woodrails. Rocket Ship is a diamond in the rough. Shay has the backglass in stock.

#1396 10 years ago

That's Raphael Lankar's collection in Paris. The Paris Pinball Museum. It is insanely cool. He has a team on site including professional artists that do his restoration work.

I used to produce a calendar and had a few of his games featured.

#1464 10 years ago

Lookin' good. You need to add it into your Pinside collection.

#1467 10 years ago

I thought that one was looking extra shiny. I like it!

#1470 10 years ago

Good question. I'm curious as well. It certainly is a nice mod to a game one would consider a long term keeper. Most of us Em guys are pretty frugal though and I always assumed sending stuff out to chrome was pretty expensive.

#1472 10 years ago

Not so bad really. Do you have a preferred chromer you use?

2 weeks later
#1631 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice game, but not really diggin' that funky cabinet style. If I ever get to mine, I think I'm going to convert it.

Not feeling the mid-century modern styling? I thought it was sort of odd too at first. It really grew on me though. I have two 1960s Williams next to each other. One's a wood rail and one is the mod cabinet. It's such an interesting contrast for two machines from the same year. The mod cab is just such a bold design. It looks antiquated now but at the time it was space age. I think it would be a shame to convert. The shelf is a nice place to set your drink or a place for little kids to stand and play.

Too bad Spaceship from 1961 didn't have this cabinet. It would have tied in so perfectly.

2 weeks later
#1768 10 years ago

I'd love a Beat The Clock….

#1770 10 years ago

I got the latest list about a week or two back and that one wasn't on there. Heat Wave is gone also.
Some other stuff worth considering though.

1 week later
#1893 10 years ago

From what I understand, you would do this if you were an op and you bought a game from a distributor other than the one in your region. You don't want your local distributor picking up on the fact that you were buying games elsewhere. Scratch out the serials and nobody can track where they were originally sold.

#1899 10 years ago

I was thinking that too. What a nice variety of games in a small collection. Looks fun with different gameplay styles and features to keep it interesting. Plus 3 with animation which to me is always cool.

1 week later
#2032 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Fantastic collection velcroman!
Thanks for the pics. AlexF will enjoy these.

Just finally checked out those pics. Drool! This is the kind of stuff I dream about.

3 weeks later
#2184 10 years ago

The website lists GTB-A5141B (orange dot) as medium powered and GTB-A5141A (yellow dot) as high powered.

http://www.pbresource.com/coilgtb.html

#2186 10 years ago

Well, sometimes Steve doesn't want to sell you what you want to order.

2 weeks later
#2263 10 years ago

I think Cowpoke is a little more forgiving than Buckaroo. There is only one 4 on the Buckaroo roto, 2 on Cowpoke.

2 weeks later
#2359 10 years ago

No, it's all the steppers and mechanicals that add the weight. Woodrails are generally lighter than a wedge head.

#2410 10 years ago

Love it. I had a Blast Off for a short time. Not nearly as nice as yours. I miss it.

1 month later
#2621 9 years ago

Here's one. A little expensive with shipping but it's an option.

ebay.com link: Vintage 1960s Gottlieb Pinball Machine Game Replay Unit Parts

1 month later
#2723 9 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yes, that was down in Myrtle Beach a year or 2 ago. What's left of the Pavilion games. LOTS of ticket redemption games all around.
My ugly mug playing....

Ugly Mug? Ah heck you should feel pretty darn good, some poor guy looks like your avatar pic.

2 weeks later
#2780 9 years ago

Nice! Congrats. It seems like all the great Gottliebs pass through Dirt's garage at some point.

#2805 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

. Wedgeheads wedged! Gotta get another gottlieb to keep it going.

That is cool. And the nice thing is if you tighten 'em up you've got room for one more...probably.

1 week later
#2860 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

dave
I keep my real want list on the down low it never fails when I post I want something, everyone and their brother is now looking for it.

That makes sense. Once you announce you are looking for a specific title, it raises interest in that title.

Throw them all off and say you're desperately searching for a 1973 Bally Circus.

#2862 9 years ago

There was a nice looking Astro forever on Milwaukee Craigslist at $600. It must have been listed for 6 months or more. It would get reposted over and over. Eventually I decided I should probably pursue it and of course then it disappeared.

#2867 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

if he did decals, i might be able to overcome my aversion to aab's and swap out my 4 square for one...

Try it, you might like it. Nobody says you have to be all one or the other. Boilerman, O-din and Hoov have given them a chance…

Of course I say that and currently have none.

2 months later
#3049 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Or be very, very patient! It seems that just when you finally get a title, others seem to pop right up locally.

That's true. I have been surprised at how many games on my want list have turned up locally. Sometimes it's taken years but I have had good luck with patience. Even then, it's not a guarantee...

3 weeks later
#3116 9 years ago

I'd like a Trade Winds too. Can we keep the good Williams games secret though.

#3118 9 years ago

Awesome collection with a really nice mix.

1 month later
#3189 9 years ago

I like how you think Ken.

#3191 9 years ago

Interesting. Square head in the flyer. I wonder if there are any square head versions floating around.

#3194 9 years ago

Nice! Both variations together.

#3196 9 years ago

I am not picky, I'd take either given the opportunity.

2 weeks later
#3258 9 years ago

I like the whole room! Looks like a fun place to be.

#3269 9 years ago

I always thought Central Park had one of the coolest backglass animations. Congrats.

1 week later
1 month later
#3542 9 years ago
Quoted from peclark:

How do you get yourself to be able to sell? I need help, perhaps an intervention.

It's pretty hard at first. I remember a time when I thought every game I bought would be with me into retirement. Then you realize there is always another one available that you like as much or more. After selling the first couple it's actually quite liberating. Often times, ones I feared I'd miss, I don't at all. Unless you have unlimited space and money eventually you have to cut something loose to make room. Turning a few over now and then is also a good way to learn what type of games you really favor.

3 weeks later
#3636 9 years ago

Congrats on the new machine Wayner. Looks like fun.

It's funny I ran into Michael Shalhoub at the Chicagoland show quite a few years ago. Being a huge fan of his books I had to go up and say hi. He was very pleasant and it was fun to meet him. I wonder if he picked up your Spin Out during that trip.

#3672 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ken what are you doing this weekend? Would you like to come over? Just text or call me. You are always welcome to come over and play the game before TPF.

Ha, Ken talks about touching your monkey and you ask what he's doing this weekend. I couldn't help but chuckle reading that.

#3696 9 years ago

I have some bad news. The kickers put the ball in the outlanes on low tap too.

#3700 9 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

That's where our nudging skills come into play!!

I still haven't mastered that after so many years. I have great admiration for those who have good nudging instincts.

3 weeks later
#3942 9 years ago

Yeah, but how many guys can stockpile Skill Rolls like Dirt?

2 weeks later
#4051 8 years ago
Quoted from pinaholic:

My third Dimension, plus a CPR backglass. 20150409_132721.jpg (Click image to enlarge)20150409_132633.jpg (Click image to enlarge)20150409_132651.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Nice! My Fifth Dimension came with an Aquarius.

FifthDimension.jpgFifthDimension.jpg

1 week later
#4087 8 years ago

I just played mine. The gameplay isn't bad but it's the combination of art, animation, mod cabinet and politically incorrect theme that make it really interesting.

#4091 8 years ago

Mine came with plastic. I don't think they started using the metal bats until 1962. I'm with you though I like the metal better too.

I agree those side roll-overs are nearly impossible. I think I get one about every 10 games.

#4093 8 years ago

I really like how it retains the woodrail ball arch but has the mod cab. Like you say it's just really uniquely cool with so much going on. I have had mine for sale recently but I was looking at all the Jungle goodies on Pinball Rescue and I found myself getting excited. Then a guy came over yesterday and told me he may have the proper lock down bar. Mine's missing the aluminum cover. I get excited again... Then you post your pictures....

#4114 8 years ago

That's alright you'll find another one. They seem to come to you.

2 weeks later
#4280 8 years ago
Quoted from taimaster2005:

In case you were wondering, yes I did earn a special that game (all 10 numbers spotted)! Has NOS PF installed in Corral.

Nice!, That's no easy feat on Corral.

1 week later
#4358 8 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Watched the satin doll PAPA video and it looks like it could be some fun...

Never played one, but the layout looks interesting.

#4404 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

You gotta tell Bob to score better than 693 on Surf Side.

Maybe he rolled it?

1 week later
#4517 8 years ago

Levi often mentions Argosy is one of his favorite EMs. Interesting layout. Looks like fun.

#4523 8 years ago

Dixieland surprised me. There isn't really that much to shoot for but the unique features make it a lot of fun.

1 month later
#4789 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

Love to see all that "stuff" in there!

There is a ton of stuff on the mech panel of Grand Prix.

1 month later
#5008 8 years ago

Sometimes those turn out to be a lot of fun. It's nice to play one without any expectations. I had a Kickoff that was my favorite for a long time that was one of those type of deals. Congrats, the Hokus Pokus looks exceptionally nice. And always fun to see the equalizer in the background.

#5018 8 years ago

Another collector I know said he just picked up a 57 Royal Flush too. Nice looking game.

1 month later
#5142 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I note my Crosstown has what appears an additional larger font extended serial no as well as the normal stamped type. I have not seen this before. Machine was originally located in City of Philadelphia.
PballCT3.jpg
PballCT4.jpg

Hi Wayne,
I had a Texan that had a different serial number on the side like that. I thought someone mentioned what it was for but the reason escapes me now? Cabinet style maybe?

Serial39021Sa.jpgSerial39021Sa.jpg

Serial38161.jpgSerial38161.jpg

#5144 8 years ago

Yes, this one had the S but the puzzler is the serial on the side of the cabinet that is different. This machine also had a S on the upper arch but one number different on the serial. it had a bunch of other odd things going on but hard to determine if they were original or not. Jay from IPDB wasn't convinced this Texan was a complete sample game.

1 week later
#5169 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I wonder how a lineup of Gottlieb wedgeheads and Williams reverse wedgeheads would look if you alternated them?
Bruce

It's a neat effect.

1 month later
#5337 8 years ago

They look cool with the metal posts on Dodge City.

#5393 8 years ago

I like it. Aside from the added protection, it gives you a tiny bit of extra flipper reach. A lot of these 2" games are pretty brutal so anything helps.

2 weeks later
#5452 8 years ago

It's neat to see the Gottlieb and Williams Alternating like that. You just need a Balls-a-Poppin and a StarJet for book ends.

#5454 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And the rain came. In buckets!

How's that phone line holding up? Maybe the avocados will make a come back?

Quoted from o-din:

I'll probably never find either of those. I think in a hobby like this it's good to be realistic and just go with whatever surprises turn up available and scratch whatever you can off a short want list.

Sometimes the ones you weren't looking for turn out to be your favorites.

#5460 8 years ago

Yeah, but this one says it has an unfinished basement. How often do you see that in Ca?

#5464 8 years ago

My little house is pretty similar to O-din's listing. The taxman says it's worth $130k.

If I had $600k I'd make an offer on this 6500q foot historic mansion. I always wanted a bathroom with a urinal in it.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1006-W-Madison-Ave_Milton_WI_53563_M82940-58238

#5466 8 years ago

Aww man, if you roll with the Em guys you have to learn that we often get sidetracked. A sign of old age maybe?

#5469 8 years ago

Nah, that's the retirement plan for suckers. You're better off throwing a dollar in a jar every week.

1 month later
#5718 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I would give one of my arms to own that Star Jet.

It is very nice but that seems counterintuitive.

1 week later
#5772 8 years ago

A friend from Ca just acquired a couple beauties. Wagon Train and King Pin.

DSCN4250_(resized).jpgDSCN4250_(resized).jpg

DSCN4254_(resized).jpgDSCN4254_(resized).jpg

DSCN4255_(resized).jpgDSCN4255_(resized).jpg

#5776 8 years ago

I'm with you. It will probably be a few weeks.

2 weeks later
#5835 8 years ago

It looks beautiful Ken. Nice work.

3 weeks later
#6019 7 years ago

Sweeeet!

1 week later
#6109 7 years ago

Yeah, there wasn't a set of keys stuck in that stack was there?

#6135 7 years ago

Ooh ooh, raises hand. I know, I know.

1 month later
#6300 7 years ago

I'm back in the game. The Wedge Head game that is. It's been awhile. Just bought this at an Estate sale locally this morning. I'm giddy. It should be fun.

Majorettes.jpgMajorettes.jpg

#6302 7 years ago

Thanks! It's never really been on my radar but I'm pretty excited. Nice art and a tough AAB from what I understand. I love a local find and I'm anticipating this to be a fun one.

This one was poorly repainted. At least in the right design (mostly). One chipped bumper cap. A little upper kickout wear. I pray the other piece is floating around in the lower cab as I don't think PBR carries these. Backglass is a little flaky. I will probably order a Webb glass at some point. It plays with no lower GI and very sluggish.

#6313 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

lot better than mine, which somebody paint all black

I started cleaning it up yesterday. Definitely not perfect, but she's a real creampuff compared to my Hot Line. And I love that game.

MajorettesField.jpgMajorettesField.jpg

1 week later
#6392 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

If you put the wedgeheads and Williams together you can fit a whole other game!

That is a cool effect.

2 weeks later
#6554 7 years ago

Just brought this project home this week.

DancingDolls.jpgDancingDolls.jpg

#6558 7 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Nice! Did you pay the full five cents for it or did you negotiate a better price?

Ha, it was very reasonable...but more than 5 cents. What's interesting is it has bunch of the original instruction cards.

#6560 7 years ago

Yes, the animation unit is all there. The cabinet is not too bad. Some nicks and scuff but very presentable. It's a pretty game, I think it will clean up nicely. Shay lists the backglass as being available but I haven't followed up on that yet. Fingers crossed.

I will try to post some pics as I get it cleaned up and playing.

#6607 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Snow Derby
What a fun game! It's getting the most play right now I have to admit. Dual spinners which aren't easy to hit, plus the progressive scoring..makes this one a real great game. You race around the track accumulating laps. The pop bumpers and kick outs light up and advance as you go, for ball 1, ball 2 etc. Ball 4 and 5 have lap bonuses that will decide the game. I'm a snowmobiler..what more could you want? An early version of Grand Prix?
DirtFlipper found this for me, and I'm very thankful for his efforts, and for Pinside!

Very fun game! With a little more practice I think I could be a contender on it.

#6678 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

A selfless offer.

Free climate controlled storage isn't that bad of a deal for some guys. Probably better than paying for a storage unit.

4 weeks later
#6855 7 years ago

I had a couple Ems come my way with LEDs installed. I was so excited...to take them out.

1 week later
#6969 7 years ago

I always thought the art was great on Hi Dolly. It's pretty cool how they referenced characters from previous games.

3 weeks later
#7112 7 years ago

I don't know about favorite System 1 game but Sinbad definitely rates as my favorite Gottlieb drop target game.

#7137 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like BGresto was able to work with a very familar looking backglass photo..
http://bgresto.com/?p=1504

Is that your old glass?

#7142 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yep. But I never sent it. Unless somebody else had one with a taped on 2 ball too.

They should have used your export glass image. That thing is awesome.

#7144 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I always kind of liked that taped on 2 ball. American inginuity at it's finest.

Well it works and does make you smile.

#7169 7 years ago

Nice, congrats. You keep checking them off of your list.

3 weeks later
#7284 7 years ago

Nice! Love my Majorettes, and now you can join the center pop club with Fantastic.

#7289 7 years ago

What you got a center pop game on the way Hoov?

#7291 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

What you got a center pop game on the way Hoov?
Just like Facebook groups classified ads, I'm next on your Majorettes if you ever decide to sell. You never know, that one 60's Williams title you've been wanting might pop up some day and you just "have to have it"

Yeah, you never know. Although I never thought I could have so much love for a Gottlieb until this one came along. I'm well past the honeymoon stage and still look forward to playing it whenever I can. My beloved Williams games have been neglected for months. I'd like to say I can't say enough about it but I think I have over and over already.

#7293 7 years ago

Nope, they are not kickers. But you can nudge like a m'fer off of them to get the ball up into the kickout. It's interesting how you'll learn when you need a flipper in the upright position so that it can bounce back up through the flippers or into the kickout. Sometimes you can backhand it back down into the kickout. It's very satisfying when you can work it correctly and very frustrating when you don't.

1 month later
#7438 7 years ago

Would it have had something like this on it originally?

ApronCover.jpgApronCover.jpg

#7480 7 years ago

i wondered where that went. Super cool game. Congrats.

1 week later
#7504 7 years ago

Looks great. Sniff, I'm going to miss mine. It's headed to Ca.

2 months later
#7887 7 years ago

Dang Shoot the Moon at the curb?! What a great piece of artwork. Sad to hear someone tossed it but that had to be the best curbside pickup ever!

Years ago when I was making calendars a California gentlemen wrote to me. He wanted one as one month in the calendar featured Nags. A true classic. Anyway, he had just found a nice example of Nags at the curb on trash day. Why doesn't that ever happen to me? I found a rough coin-op foosball table once. That was as close as I'll get I suppose?

#7909 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i have never owned one but always wanted one. not very common

Coolest cab art ever.

#7912 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it does have a great cabinet art package but i never understood the connection between "21" cards and a rocket ship?

Nope, it's weird but sort of charming in it's mismatched style.

1 week later
#7949 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

The worst thing is the backglass. Repros are available, but I just don't want to invest in this title. I bought it as a parts game to help restore some other woodrails I have here.
After getting it home, it did occur to me that it could be kept intact, as it did clean up well and actually worked after freeing one stuck rollover switch.
It's damn near complete; just missing a few small items. I really love the cabinet, and was thinking about maybe doing something with it.
I'll set it aside for now and will consider what you guys have suggested before tearing into it.

There was one in similar condition on Chicago Craigslist that lingered forever about a year or so ago. It got down to around $400 and still didn't sell. Like you I was thinking it would make one heck of a parts game. I think the reason it took so long to sell is it get's no love as a player but it's still a nice looking game. I'm sure like me, most were struggling with the idea of parting a complete and attractive game. Eventually someone must have bought it. Now it's probably set aside in some other guys collection why he mulls over it's fate.

#7975 7 years ago

I used to have about 10 of those arch gates but I sold them all. Commonly missing. I think PBR sells a repro cover though.

2 weeks later
#8162 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Jr got lucky on finding a Wms King Pin a week ago and I got lucky this past weekend.
1st Williams

Sweet, you never forget your first Williams. Seriously though, congratulations. That was actually one on your want list wasn't it?

#8164 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Uh oh... let's hope it's not like some kind of illness and starts to spread. Just kidding.
Congrats!

That's what happened to me. I got sick real bad for awhile. I think it's virus as it still flares up now and then.

3 weeks later
#8282 7 years ago

The Wiggler...

1 week later
#8483 6 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

Then picked up this on Thursday from a CL ad.

I was hemming and hawing on that El Toro. It looked like a nice machine for the money. If I hadn't bought that ball bowler...

#8501 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Since Rat's keeping us all in suspense, perhaps you guys might like to guess what machine I'm looking to get next.

4 Square? Seems unlikely, but maybe...

#8583 6 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

When I saw Ct., I was thinking Kick Off which is one
(actually I have 2) that I have. To me, it's a pretty
underrated machine.. Nice player.. (T)

Of all that I have owned Kick Off was one of my favorites. A challenging game that kept my attention for quite a few years.

#8677 6 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

I agree, this one is made to take all your money. The art (bg) is so good, and it's so challenging, that you forget you're losing! A drop target hit puts your ball straight back at you down the drain, the out lanes are huge, you have 2" flippers...I love it!

How did you tilt it with the tissue mod?

#8680 6 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Hasn't been added to my last couple games. The training wheels are slowing being taken away

Leave it on Sittin' Pretty, that game is brutal.

#8687 6 years ago

Eye of the Tiger then?

#8693 6 years ago

Oh very nice! I have always been intrigued by that one. Sinbad is probably my favorite drop target game but being an EM guy I'd prefer EOT of the 3 variations.

#8695 6 years ago

Tell me this one didn't come from St. Louis? That's where a bunch of them seemed to end up.

1 week later
#8872 6 years ago

My buddy presqueisle gave me a sweet deal on this Dancing Lady project. I'm looking forward to putting some time on it. Love those jeweled posts.

DancingLady (resized).jpgDancingLady (resized).jpg

#8873 6 years ago

Oh and I took the Big Daddy challenge when I was there to pick up. Light the one? Yeah right, I didn't crack 500. I'm optimistic though I think with 50 more tries I could pull it off. Very cool game.

1 week later
#8923 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Of 31 to start, about 13 left. Going fast......

I'm relieved you're not closer. Trying to be good and there are some tempting deals still left.

#8925 6 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

I have a guy that will go $50 a pin and 50c a mile if you want them shipped. Cargo is insured. I have worked with him on three pins now I have bought from Hoov, great guy. Would only be $150 in shipping for you roughly. PM me if you want details.

That is a great price on shipping but I have to stay the course. I'm sure some others here would take it into consideration.

#8929 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Haha
Alex, I'm still kicking myself for not buying your Majorettes
Timing wasn't right

I'm kicking myself for not keeping it. Of all the games I have had I think that was my favorite. That is saying a lot as I consider myself primarily a Williams fan.

#9050 6 years ago

Well, it's more interesting than the brown latex paint or contact paper you usually see.

#9066 6 years ago

That one actually came to mind when I saw the Spin Out. Both are awesomely weird.

#9080 6 years ago

Very cool Rat. You can temporarily adjust a couple switches closed on the hold relay to get it up an running. If you're anxious to play in the meantime.

1 week later
#9123 6 years ago

Looks good. Kickoff was my favorite too for a long time. It was set up with just the right threshold for added balls. Every time I played it, it felt like I was flying by the seat of my pants. You really had to fight for it. Earning another ball was like going into overtime (appropriately). Just trying to stay alive long enough to get a good score. Breaking 4000 was really something.

I see someone added a couple posts protecting the outlanes. I have seen that before on this title. They are brutal without them. Which to me is part of the frustrating fun but you may like to keep them.

#9142 6 years ago

That looks more like Molentin to me. I would describe his style as elegant but simple. The mystery artist is also elegant but seems to ramp up the detail. In my subjective opinion of course.

3 weeks later
#9236 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I was playing some games at Clay's VFW show in May
and i thought i might have an epileptic fit
with all the subliminal flashing effect from the LEDs
on some of the games.
It was making me dizzy to say the least.

I acquired an EM with LEDs installed and must say I shared the same experience. The subtle flickering made me feel a little weird.

1 week later
#9284 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My apologies if this has been asked before, but owning an EM Game has now happened for the first time in 25 years.
Are there any thoughts about adding color graphics, and or text to Award/instruction cards?
Sure, who cares, its paper to be replaced, but just wondering as it feels a bit sacrilegious to do.
Examples.

Purely subjective. If the simple beauty of a classic isn't enough, some choose to personalize with some upgrades.
Ruined-Classic-Mustang (resized).pngRuined-Classic-Mustang (resized).png

Seriously though I don't think anyone would be offended by some custom instruction cards.

1 week later
#9372 6 years ago

Music Man is neat but seems to be one of the harder ones to find. I had Jungle and I think it was probably the most charming of the bunch. Pretty tough/fun game too. I have heard Highways may be the best player of them. Hard to know as just finding any mod cab Williams in a collection is kind of a challenge.

#9396 6 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Can you have aab on a multi player Gottlieb em??

Sure, there are a few. Pleasure Isle, Big Top and Lariat. Maybe more.

2 weeks later
#9451 6 years ago

River Boat! Cool game and nice work. Congrats.

#9454 6 years ago

Ooh, Genco Basketball in the background...

#9458 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Even looks like your floor too Alex... almost like you were dreaming.

That's standard old school EM guy arcade flooring.

#9465 6 years ago

Wow, looks beautiful. Congrats.

#9489 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Nothing but great Memories....
Can anyone else recall the sounds and smells of the EM days?
A few come to mind.....The Boardwalk and the beach...Coppertone smell, Transistor radios, The Beatles, and The Beachboys....the smell of Cotton Candy, Boardwalk Dogs, and Roasting Peanuts!

It's almost embarrassing to admit but I have a nostalgic fondness for the smell of stale beer and cigarettes. It seems a lot of the places that had games as a kid had that smell. We'd walk in the bowling alley or tavern with the parents and it would hit you. Parents would go sit at the bar and my sister and I would play the games.

#9500 6 years ago

Just got this score on Dancling Lady. Was a hell of a game. I played a bunch last night and had trouble breaking 800. This morning I killed it and got an all time high up over 2500 once. I should have taken a pic of that score but this one was cooler as the machine is from 1966.

1966DL (resized).jpg1966DL (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#9582 6 years ago

That's a sample isn't it? Did you get that one from Dirtflipper? Super cool machine.

#9616 6 years ago

Flying High?

1 week later
#9665 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'm not too fond of games with wildly inconsistent scoring regardless of skill level. Generally the pros should be able to distinguish themselves most of the time except for the occasional breakout game.
Wasn't happening that way on 4 Roses. Too many 300-400 scores for the pros, and 600-900 for beginners. Is this a pinball or a slot machine?

I find that happens with some games. When you first get it and are just batting the ball around you may have some stellar scores. Once you learn the game a bit and are focused on trying to achieve certain goals the scores can drop. Beginners may be more focused on just keeping the ball in play rather than making specific shots. It seems counterintuitive but can sometimes result in a better game.

#9675 6 years ago

Well yah. In your hands I have complete confidence. I am pretty sure we have seen you resurrect much worse.

#9691 6 years ago

Sea Wolf? Lucky dog.

#9723 6 years ago

Aside from the non-original cabinet it looks like it will clean up nicely.

There is another on Milwaukee craigslist for a great price. Maybe you could make one nice original one out of the two. milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#9739 6 years ago
Quoted from bek1966:

This is my first Bally. Bally EM's don't show up around me very often - at least on CL.
Brad

Yeah no kidding. I have owned like 70 pins since I started collecting and only 2 Bally Ems. Not for lack of trying either.

#9741 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Which ones of those 70 have been your favorites Alex ?

Hard to say as many were great fun at different times in my life. Some may be more fun than I remembered or vice versa. If I could get a couple back right now I'd want Williams 21 and Gottleib Majorettes. They were fairly recent and I hadn't tired of them when I sold them. It's never my intention to flip most of them, life usually decides for me. Either I need the money or space.

How about you John you've amassed a lot of titles in a couple years. Any you miss? Or games you have you'd never part with?

#9757 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I caved... again. But this classic has Norm Clark's whimsical inventiveness written all over it.

Expo?

1 week later
#9837 6 years ago
Quoted from SilverWings:

Yes I know about the entry plate. I do have a new three-chute plate now in hand from PBR but as you say no chutes which are in short supply these days. My Sweet Hearts does have the coin chutes in it so might use those as a template and fab up some for my KOD.
Bill.

I always wondered if the later more common style chutes could be modified to have the look of the earlier style. They stick far enough through the cabinet.

4 weeks later
#9942 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Agreed... but the other two aren't using the ideal warm whites/blended stealth approach.

You wouldn't believe how stealthy incandescents are. Looks just like the real thing.

#9943 6 years ago

Ha glad you didn't take offense. Keep up the good work.

#9946 6 years ago

Looks great! Glad to see that motor get put to use.

#9951 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

How's that Army Navy restoration going?

I saw an Army Navy in a collection last weekend. Probably will be the only time I will see one in person.

#9993 6 years ago

Aha, you're the guy that scooped that up. Nice grab.

#9996 6 years ago
Quoted from bek1966:

Thanks! I had to make two trips for it because the pinhauler was in the shop. I went to see it and pay for it Friday afternoon and picked it up Saturday morning. The seller seemed like a nice enough guy, but I didn't want to risk losing the game by waiting until Saturday.

If it was still available Saturday I would have pursued it. Glad it found a good home though.

Quoted from bek1966:

There's a bunch of interesting games popping up on Craigslist in our area lately.

To be honest I haven't see much of anything in quite awhile that raises my heart rate. Lot's of $700-$800 marginally interesting games. 8-Ball was the best bang for the buck by my tastes in a long time.

#10016 6 years ago

I had a game where someone cut the back panel into two pieces. I have low ceiling height but would never do that mod myself. Fortunately I can get the back panel on my Bowlette up through the rafters high enough to service the game. Needing to put a couple sticks of lumber in to hold it up. I will need to remove the head to completely remove the panel. It's ok it works. Makes you think of all those old buildings with high ceiling heights. At the time they probably didn't think we'd be cramming these things into our old basements.

#10025 6 years ago

I had one earlier this year. Fun game!

2 weeks later
#10079 6 years ago
Quoted from DCRand:

Picked up my first Bally machine Saturday. BG in great shape, PF has some wear areas and some idiot put home made posts in the outlanes that are already gone. But other than the flippers being a little soft, plays well.

I just picked up a Flip Flop this Saturday from a friend. I have owned quite a few games and it's only my third Bally EM. They seem to be a little more scarce in my area. It's a total departure from anything else I've owned. So far I'm finding it to be great fun.

FlipFlop (resized).jpgFlipFlop (resized).jpg

#10081 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That looks like a really nice "Lucky Ace" next to it too. Those are both great looking and playing games.

I got the Lucky Ace from the same friend. I was never a fan of the art and almost passed. I'm glad I didn't. It's been a lot of fun too.

1 month later
#10194 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballPianist:

A couple of months ago I found this Genco 1950 Flying Saucers in an old barn in the south of Belgium. It had been asleep for many years, maybe even decades! Nowadays it plays really well. Need to restore the outside of cabinet. Almost all pinballs I ever bought in Belgium had been painted over.

That is awesome. What a great piece of playable art.

#10202 6 years ago

Beautiful work Hoov.

3 weeks later
#10365 6 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

I'll get us back on track

Sometimes the threads that go sideways are a lot of fun on Pinside. Thumbs up to two fun games though.

#10408 6 years ago

Sold off a bunch of stuff recently to help pay for some home renovation. Still have enough games to fill a wall in the game room. Just got this Williams Jig Saw from a buddy in partial trade. The Little Chief from another buddy a couple months back. Bowlette came home last Summer. 4 Bagger and Skill Roll have been with me since the early days.

DSC04172 (resized).jpgDSC04172 (resized).jpg

#10413 6 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

I like everything in that room, but your "SCORE" sign really sticks out. Very cool.

Thanks, I believe it's from a vintage scoreboard.

#10415 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballbrian:

hey alexf.everyone wants to see that cute mini bowler.

Here's a pic I have handy. Narrower than a pin and about as long as my Pitch and bat. Single player. Scores regulation bowling. One of the few arcades Gottlieb made. There are some nice videos of a few in action on Youtube.

BowletteA (resized).jpgBowletteA (resized).jpg

DSC04166 (resized).jpgDSC04166 (resized).jpg

#10418 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice lineup. How's the playfield on your "Jig Saw"? Most I've seen are shot. Also, does yours have a Williams "lightning bolt" logo toward the bottom of the playfield, or just a circle? I've seen them both ways. I think some "Jig Saw" machines had a game over relay, and others did not. I'm not sure if every backglass is screened with "game over" or not. Does yours light "game over" and shut off playfield power after the last ball drains?

My buddy told me the playfield has some touch-ups but they haven't jumped out at me. I haven't dug in to inspect that close. I know the puzzle looks good and original. Around the pops may have had some wear at one time. Hmm, I don't know for sure but I think it has the lightning bolt logo on the bottom. It has a Shay glass in it and lights "Game Over" when complete. I think the playfield is still live though after game over.

Edit: Pics added.

Jigsaw (resized).jpgJigsaw (resized).jpg

DSC04175 (resized).jpgDSC04175 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#10488 6 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

I’m not entirely convinced that those are 100% necessary in the home environment. The reels on my 2001 don’t have a single score reel EOS switch that isn’t broken, and as far as I can tell, it scores just fine.

Yes, they generally seem to work fine without them. For some reason I still feel an obligation to replace them.

2 weeks later
#10630 6 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

You can call Steve Young at Pinball Resource and let him know the game is Drop a Card. He will send you the correct coil.

Sending a new guy to PBR without a Part #.

#10642 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Awesome, thanks MikeO. I’ll order through marco or Steve.
And stay tuned for more dumb new-EM owner questions! Like ‘How do I put it on free play?’ or ‘What’s the best LED to bling out Drop A Card?’

Freeplay I think is generally accepted as personal preference. The LED one may turn into a debate.

#10646 6 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

What about mirror blades?

Are you following Whysnow's Fireball restoration. A lot of Pinsiders may applaud those mods. Most aren't in this thread though.

#10648 6 years ago

I figured you were. Like restoring an old car or a kitchen, if you follow current trends in 10 years it will look dated. Maintaining an original classic is timeless. Congratulations on a fun game.

#10655 6 years ago

He is pretty nice. But part of the initiation isn't just talking to Steve but hearing from everybody how tough he is going to be on you. Ha, I was scared to death the first time and then relieved when I realized he is actually fun to talk to. A little mental preparation probably helps though.

Poppedyourcherry (resized).jpgPoppedyourcherry (resized).jpg

#10665 5 years ago

Nice looking game.

#10668 5 years ago

Picked this Bow & Arrow up a couple weeks back. Still working on it but have it mostly cleaned up and playing pretty good. First impression seems favorable (fast and fun). I haven't had many Ballys over the years but they sure have a neat feel to them.

Bow&Arrow (resized).jpgBow&Arrow (resized).jpg

3 months later
#11033 5 years ago

Me too. Fun game. Little Chief kind of sneaks up on you. At first it feels like there is much going on but once you learn the subtlety of the rule set it's a lot of fun.

3 months later
#11255 5 years ago

Ack, I miss it! Such a great art package and bordering on brutal gameplay. Looks like it's getting all the love it deserves. It's always fun to see one of my old favorites in your collection of great games.

3 months later
#11382 5 years ago

I have a friend in town and it's his only game. I thought it was a lot of fun. That Bally knocker in his unfinished basement scares the hell out of me every time.

2 weeks later
#11418 5 years ago

Seems like a charming game with some potential. I don't need it but would gladly intercept it before it headed to the dump. Hopefully it won't come to that.

I posted it to the flipperless thread.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/%e2%97%8bsome-flipperless-just-came-up-on-cl-e-bay%e2%97%8b/page/14#post-4858201

#11435 5 years ago

If we are still talking about the $50 Exhibit Coed, the ad says functional. So I'm guessing it at least is partially working.

The tricky part with a game like this isn't so much whether you can get it working. It's the fact that not everyone appreciates woodrails and especially a flipperless one. This type game appeals to a small segment of pinball collectors. With that said, where can you find an interesting piece of lightable and interactive art for $50? And I'm guessing it may be more fun than most expect it to be.

#11439 5 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Agreed. With enough effort and money one can get an EM to work. One issue I’ve seen elsewhere on the site is the dreaded “T” word. I’ve seen enough horror stories where the buyer gets termites along with the machine to make me cautious about machines in this price range. A thorough inspection is important.

Generally I'd guess that is sound advice. However, termites are a fairly rare occurrence in Wisconsin. Never seen one in my 48 years. Powder post beetles or carpenter ants are more common here and even those I've never really worried about. No bugs in the 80 plus games I've owned.

I'd guess the price is based on other variables.

1 month later
#11496 4 years ago

I had one of these and found it to be a ton of fun. If ever a woodrail had great flow this is it.

#11513 4 years ago

Shay sells a silk screened reproduction glass for El Dorado.
http://shayarcadegroup.com/backglasses/

6 months later
#12032 4 years ago

I had one years ago and really enjoyed it. It was kind of a departure from my typical game. I'm not sure it's what one would describe as a challenging game but somehow fun nonetheless. Quirky, innovative and charming like I suspect a lot of Ballys of this era are? A game I'd like to revisit I think.

1 year later
#12791 3 years ago

3 Jokers, See Saw and Snow Queen would be my birthday games. If I had more room it would be fun to hunt for examples of each. Would be kind of a neat collection within the collection.

#12793 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

3 Jokers is fun. I think you played it when I had one Alex. That was a good game.

I probably should have bought yours when you sold it.

7 months later
#12903 2 years ago

I like pool. Once it gets broken down for storage does it ever get set back up?

3 months later
#13005 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I'm thinking I need to visit "junk stores" more often LOL!

I picked up a pretty nice Team One sample game for a great price at a "junk" store in December. They actually have a company that does clean outs and put the better stuff in their store. Neat business model and there was some nice stuff in there.

I was talking to one of the owners and said these clean out companies always seem to find great stuff. He said yes but that's generally a small portion of the stuff they have to haul away.

TeamOne (resized).jpgTeamOne (resized).jpgTeamOneField (resized).jpgTeamOneField (resized).jpg

#13007 2 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

No wear on that pf. What's the play meter read?

No play meter on AAB games. I can't imagine it had a ton. It wasn't HUO as it had an operator card taped to the apron.

#13010 2 years ago

01003 S
0C513217-37D8-40F5-ACF4-F1884DE54AB8 (resized).jpeg0C513217-37D8-40F5-ACF4-F1884DE54AB8 (resized).jpeg

D86C55AC-0715-4FE0-9379-747E15E96EEF (resized).jpegD86C55AC-0715-4FE0-9379-747E15E96EEF (resized).jpeg7BFC6E81-B42D-4D81-8CF4-381EBDE6A807 (resized).jpeg7BFC6E81-B42D-4D81-8CF4-381EBDE6A807 (resized).jpeg
#13012 2 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If you like the game play on Team One but wish it had a cooler art package you should check this thread out:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/who-wants-a-gottlieb-wizard-conversion-kit

I think Ken’s project is cool and understand why completely. With that said I feel like this clean sample is semi-rare and should stay original.

1 year later
#13407 1 year ago

I think late 60s for Williams manuals. There is a manual on Ebay for Touchdown (1967). Maybe that was an influence on Gottlieb?

2 months later
#13470 11 months ago

Great pic but I think at least a couple games have the wrong legs on 'em.

4 months later
#13585 7 months ago
Quoted from Mopar:

Anyone know what the semi-transparent lens is for at the bottom of the backglass?
Name and/or highest score?[quoted image]

I always thought it was designed as an advertising marquis for the establishment. I suppose it could be for high score or anything really.

1 week later
#13595 7 months ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I'm basically into AABs, but I heard
good things about Jungle. Any opinions?

I miss my Jungle a lot but not so much because it's a great player. It's honestly not bad and that top rollover shot is really challenging. The thing I miss about though is that it oozes charm. Great art, cool theme and animation. Wood top arch but with that Mod cabinet. So much goodness.

#13600 7 months ago
Quoted from Mopar:

So overall, what do you think you maybe would like set up more.
Jungle, or Kick Off?
Oh, on the cabinet. When I traded in the machine, it came in a
1963 Skill Pool cabinet. The cabinet colors match so well, I don't
mind. I know that type of cabinet you're talking. I have a 1960
Williams 21 in the style cabinet..

I've had Kickoff twice. I'd consider it one of my favorites. I played it so much over the years that eventually I decided it could go. I always wanted to roll it but never could. If I could have one back it would be Jungle. It's been gone awhile so that helps but also as mentioned I love it's charm/design. Kickoff is the better player, Jungle is just super cool.

I currently have 21 setup. It's my second one. It's a good looking game and playing against the dealer is fun.

1 month later
#13639 5 months ago
Quoted from SilverLiningMan:

I set up my 1964 Gottlieb Big Top tonight for the first time in over a year. The gameplay is better than I remembered—lots of action and interesting shots. The extra ball count unit is sticky so I’ve got to get that ironed out, but otherwise everything is clicking and clacking as it should.[quoted image]

Looks great! The extra ball count unit on my Pleasure Isle was real fussy too. Took a lot of micro-adjustments to get it consistent.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Forest Hill, MD
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Holton, MI
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball
Various other swag
Machine - For Sale
Baldwinsville, NY
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Louis, MO
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=alexf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.