Topic Stats

• 12,154 posts
  • 681 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by MeNaCeFiRe
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,970 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

F8F77BEC-0C0A-4FFC-92BE-86C1E93415EE (resized).jpeg
74018D7C-7E9A-42DE-ADEA-222068494C72 (resized).jpeg
16548030-DC43-4DE1-9297-B4ECA26F671E (resized).jpeg
IMG_20191208_132327144 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191208_132332422 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191208_131246498 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191208_132311010~3 (resized).jpg
DSCN6539 (resized).JPG
IMG_5756 (resized).JPG
IMG_5755 (resized).JPG
IMG_5754 (resized).JPG
73EE5064-79EA-4EE9-A685-051AD7F98D5F (resized).jpeg
4F62CED0-DB4E-4B77-9810-8EF1A832CFF0 (resized).jpeg
B999A498-FFA1-4B0E-A9DC-DCA865D10180 (resized).jpeg
Steve the pirate (resized).jpg
DSC05777 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aahgo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5206 4 years ago

Not to hijack the thread, but does anyone know if someone is making apron decals for early 60's Bally's?

4 months later
#5709 3 years ago

Some Star-Jet eye candy...

DSC07203_(resized).JPG

DSC07227_(resized).JPG

DSC07215_(resized).JPG

DSC07221_(resized).JPG

DSC07232_(resized).JPG

DSC07230_(resized).JPG

DSC07199_(resized).JPG

#5714 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Did you repaint the Cab?
Looks great!
i need to repaint mine,
do you have stencils
as mine is solid green

No repaint, the cabinet is original. It was pretty dirty and yellowed. I cleaned it up with magic eraser and rubbing compound. It is a slow and careful process but it came out nice. The red and blue areas were very lighted cleaned to avoid removing any of the paint. The white is more durable. Luckily it was not heavily scratched or "enhanced" with carved initials. The area around the front door has some wear and I've considered just painting just that area as it is all white. I repainted the door itself since it was all scratched up.

#5716 3 years ago

Yep, see pic. Be careful if the white areas have webbing/splattering as this can be removed quite easily. I test by trying it on the top of the back box first to see how light/heavy I can go without removing what I don't want to.

TW_(resized).png

#5720 3 years ago

Thanks. It is fun, but ball times can be short due to the side drains. It's more fun when two are playing because the locked balls stay locked if you drain, enabling the next player to steal them.

2 weeks later
#5784 3 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

My Bally Alley, Zipper Flipper edition

Nice! I would add any of those classic Bally's to my collection!

2 months later
#6184 3 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I just picked this up yesterday on CL.
My holy grail machine. I guess I can stop collecting now.
The guy that sold it to me kept it professionally maintained.
Even though it is far from perfect, it plays great.
Never in a million years did I ever think I would score one of these!

Nice pick-up, it's a fun game. Not so fond of the colored rings under the pops though. The colors seem too vibrant compared to the rest of the playfield and really stand out.

#6186 3 years ago

I'm assuming they are just mylar rings and you can remove them? They're not painted on the playfield are they?

1 month later
#6557 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Just brought this project home this week.

Nice! Did you pay the full five cents for it or did you negotiate a better price?

1 month later
#6826 3 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Not my pin. Did get close enough to touch it and snap this pic.

Always good to see another Star-Jet survivor. Playfield looks really nice. Did you try and talk them into selling it to you?

4 months later
#7559 3 years ago
Quoted from Mopar:

I have quite a few, but this is the last one I went through last early Spring..
Colder weather is back, so now working on another.. (T)

Nice Star-Jet Mopar! Good to see another survivor out there. Looks to be in pretty good condition too. I am envious of your apron, mine has some rust spots and I've been looking for an upgrade, but those are hard to find.

2 months later
#7897 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

'Saratoga' was the first machine to feature an active bumper, referred to in the manufacturer's flyer as a thumper bumper.

That's interesting. I recently shopped out a 1949 Exhibit Swanee that has a couple of unusual spring bumpers. So I got curious to see when they first used them. Here is a Billboard ad from October 1948 for an Exhibit Contact that has six bumpers described as "Exploding Kickers". That's about the same time as Saratoga came out.

pasted_image (resized).png

1 month later
#8257 2 years ago

Good job bringing this one back to life!

#8276 2 years ago

Big Ben (shhh, don't jinx it!)

#8330 2 years ago

I know.... "thou shall not covet..." but dang, I really covet that Rocketship! It would look great next to Star Jet

1 week later
#8466 2 years ago

Picked this up last Wednesday from an estate sale.

IMG_0905 (resized).JPG

IMG_0910 (resized).JPG

#8467 2 years ago

Then picked up this on Thursday from a CL ad.

IMG_0907 (resized).JPG

IMG_0909 (resized).JPG

#8468 2 years ago

Was able to take a day off work to do a quick clean & repair so I could take them to MGC for the free play area. Worked on them right up to the opening of the show, but they both played flawlessly both days. Fun week!

#8480 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

and a tough game to master

Yeah, I was able to get it to play pretty decent, but it will only get snappier when I get chance to do the full shop out on it. It actually won a best in show award in the EM category. I was very surprised and pleased it got some recognition.

#8484 2 years ago

When the good ones show up, you gotta get them. The problem is what to keep and what to let go of. Ice show is in really nice shape and El Toro is not too shabby either. Decisions, decisions....

I was able to put some time in on the Hobbit at the show and I really like that game. I am very tempted to get one. That means I will need to sell some stuff to generate the capital. I will probably be putting together a list of games that will go on the block soon.

#8489 2 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

me too. it a lot of coin
it has a good flow much better than wizard of oz

Agreed. A friend has a WOZ and I just can't get into it.

Quoted from pinwiztom:I would figure your GTB Stock Car has got to be on that list.

Problem is you would have to sell a dozen of them
just to make a decent down payment on the Hobbit.

Lol, yeah, it's kind of a project and wouldn't generate much cash. That was one I probably should have passed on. If I remember right it came up during a lull period, and I was looking for a quick project...then other stuff came along and it ended up in storage.

1 week later
#8709 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashwood486:

Chicago Coin hula hula

Good pick-up, hope it cleans up nice. I love my Hula Hula!

3 months later
#9478 2 years ago

Is that the one that was advertised in the Evanston, IL area recently?

#9484 2 years ago

Thought I would share some pic's of El Toro before it goes to a new owner.

IMG_1719 (resized).JPG

IMG_1721 (resized).JPG

IMG_1720 (resized).JPG

IMG_1724 (resized).JPG

IMG_1722 (resized).JPG

IMG_1723 (resized).JPG

IMG_1727 (resized).JPG

#9491 2 years ago

Well, not yet. I just have it on the block.

#9497 2 years ago
Quoted from fingersport:

The El Toro looks good as well. A very classy looking 2 player. Where do you have it listed for sale?

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#9499 2 years ago
Quoted from aahgo:

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Looks like El Toro is spoken for.

2 weeks later
#9539 2 years ago

Nice. I'd like to find a decent North Star some day.

1 week later
#9577 2 years ago

I'm a sucker for the space art from that era. Got more pic's to share?

#9589 2 years ago

Beautiful game, thanks for sharing! There was one for sale in MI sometime last year, but I wasn't able to get to it in time. It's on my short list for sure.

2 weeks later
#9725 2 years ago

I sent one a couple of hours ago, no reply yet...

1 month later
#10003 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Some more games
again not mine
but building up to celebrate
post #10000

Six Shooter looks like an interesting game...glad I don't have to clean the score reels...or carry the headinto the basement.

2 months later
#10217 1 year ago

That’s interesting Tom, lately I’ve been trying out a blue (titan) on top and white below it. Undecided if I like it that way or yours better.

2 months later
#10731 1 year ago

Welcome to the club Pleasure Isle club. Still one of my favorites!

1 week later
#10750 1 year ago

Nice job on Aloha. Love the artwork on that game. Please replace those flipper bats to the original style.

2 months later
#10992 1 year ago

The nice thing about the the wear marks around the kick out holes on Dimension is that they are usually not that visible to the player. Since my games are set up side by side , you really have to look for it to see them.

5 months later
#11302 12 months ago
Quoted from jasonp:

I had to have this gem ... Don't see these pop up often.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice Dogies! I have one of these in the storage unit waiting it’s turn. Unfortunately, mine had it’s cabinet art stripped and primered in dark gray by the previous owner. Could I ask you to take some straight on photos of the cabinet when you get a chance? I’d appreciate it!

Thanks!

11 months later
#12129 20 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm going to rub it out with fine steel wool, and apply some water-based polyurethane. It won't eliminate it entirely, but it'll be far less noticeable.
I've done the same with wear on the upper part of the playfield (arch wear), and shooter lane wear, and it works pretty well.

I’d like to see some before/after pictures of that repair. It’s funny how many Cowpoke’s have that flipper drag damage. I’ve had three and they all have had it to some degree.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aahgo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside