20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveFury.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 10 years ago

All these are really very nice. Here are my two project machines:
Pair-O-Pins.jpgPair-O-Pins.jpg
SMpf.jpgSMpf.jpgSO76pf.jpgSO76pf.jpg
SMGuts.JPGSMGuts.JPGSO7guts.jpgSO7guts.jpg

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Thanks to everyone who has posted. It is nice to see so many well kept EMs. It makes my sad to think how many EMs ended up in dumpsters back in the day when they came off route. Here is my latest.

That's a pretty machine and I love the futuristic 2001 theme.

#118 10 years ago

I can't forget my beloved Gottlieb Target pool.
This is a photo of me (right) back around 1974 with my best friend Doug. The machine was only about 5 years old. Oh man how I'd still love to have that particular machine. It's the only photo I have of it.

Pinball%20Machine.jpgPinball%20Machine.jpg

#121 10 years ago

This only proves I acutally had hair 40 years ago... Ha ha ha ha

#164 10 years ago

What? No pictures? Ha ha ha

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Very far from collector quality but they sure are fun to play!

That's what it's all about!

#214 10 years ago

Wow Luckydogg, That's a *great* project machine for you! Great find!

#271 10 years ago

Wow John all your pins look fabulous! Those cabinets are so clean. Are they all original or quality refinished? They're wonderful either way!

#307 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

(snip)I stripped the latex gray paint off, refinished the wood, made a coin door out of an old bowler door and shopped it out. Pretty fun game.
Alex

You do fabulous cabinet work Alex.

1 week later
#426 10 years ago

Hey does anyone have a 1962 Gottlieb Tropic Isle? I had one about 40 years ago and liked it a lot. Get those monkeys up the tree!

4 months later
#1277 10 years ago

I gave away or donated all my vinyl when I got my 1st CD player. I truly regret it.

Like many people here I grew up in the vinyl age. Those are the songs I listened to a thousand times over, the way they were produced.

A few people say the analog vinyl is more "pure" or "better" than a digital format. I think most people agree that digital is better for many reasons.

But a lot of those old familiar vinyl albums and songs have been -remastered- or -remixed- in their conversion to a digital format. That means that awesome rhythm guitar riff in the background is now remixed to a level almost perceivable while a keyboard or vocal is brought to forefront. I find that often times the percussion/drums are mixed a lot louder than the original which I feel detracts from the feel how I originally knew it. Some remixes just sound crappy, particularly some heavy metal groups like Black Sabbath.

Any other Black Sabbath fans around? "Wheels of Confusion" is a prime example of a boogered up digital CD crappy remix. I regret to hell that I got rid of it that vinyl and been looking for a replacement for so long.

I have a 1961 Seeburg Jukebox which refurb/restoration is almost finished. Some of my friends say I should fix it so an iPod/Samsung tablet can play through it. I'd -never- do that. There's a special sound quality made by a genuine analog tube amp playing vinyl which can't be reproduced... even though it's been tried many times. It's warm and imperfect.
Plus who would want to hear crappy digital remixes through an antique jukebox?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 months later
#2002 10 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Here are a couple of them installed. I need to clear coat the back before I go any further.

Questions about your process if you don't mind. The steps according to your previous post as I understand them:

1. Sent scans (of the plastic shapes) to Joe, who returned correctly cut clear plastic pieces (I guess they were clear blanks).
2. You scanned the originals into your computer and fixed the images with an image processor.
3. One of your pictures show you cutting the graphic. What is the medium you are cutting (What did you print the graphic onto)? I am guessing some kind of water-applied decal based on another of your pics?
4. What about "The all important white backer"? Is this backer to make the white background on the graphic? If so then how did you attach it to the underside of the plastic?

Sorry for the dumb questions as I have never done this, and am interested to learn.

#2037 10 years ago

KingNine:
Thank you very much for pounding out those detailed instructions. I may follow them to redo my Spirit of 76 graphics.

velcroman:
OMG what a beautiful lineup of antique games and things. That's amazing and thanks for sharing it.
There's a big warehouse that sells pre-used windows and doors near my home. Stuffed full of junk. There's a huge 1930's 4 or 5 reel slot machine about the same size, shape and wood materials as your baseball game. It's a nickel machine.
It's just rotting away uncovered in that nasty warehouse and the owner won't sell it. The owner says it's there in storage for a while because he doesn't have room in his house. Well, it's been in temporary storage now for at least 12 years.
A bit of cleaning and fresh wax and it would look about as good as your baseball game. But the last time I saw it the layer of dirt on top had begun eating away at the plating. Sad. Very sad. Who knows maybe he'll offer to sell it in another 12 years after the plating is gone and the veneer has peeled.

I love both your Rock-Ola's.
I have a Seeburg AY-160 and I'd love to have a 78 machine.

#2048 10 years ago

pinball-2-xl.jpgpinball-2-xl.jpg

Don't ask me why I posted that pic...

kovalski3
The PF on your Pioneer looks to be in real good shape. They are usually worn pretty bad near the hole in the extra ball/double bonus/special lights area. Excellent!
Please let us know how many games are on the counter when it's convenient for you to check.

This is how mine was before fixing it:
IMG_3580.JPGIMG_3580.JPG

2 months later
#2418 10 years ago

Great pin stashyboy. Love those cool and dramatic camera angles and natural effects. Wonderful.

#2451 10 years ago
Quoted from frg:

And a nice Abra Ca Dabra

Abra Ca Dabra is one of my favorite titles...

#2455 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

ok it not a pinball but this is my new project. Not like i dont have enough projects as it is ....
--Jeff

Looks like a fun project.
I'd love to come across a whirlybird or something like a Midway Sea Devil, Sea Raider etc. I'd like to have (and passed by) a EM shuffle alley but I just don't have the room.

#2474 10 years ago

Wow that's exceptional RT!

1 year later
#4697 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

I made a video of my Jet Spin. Enjoy!
» YouTube video

That's a fast playing game. Is it on high tap or normal? Either way it's very nice indeed!

#4704 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's the head and cab of the Drop A Card I'm doing. Base coat and webbing done. Graphics will be done hopefully soon.
DAC_head_front.jpg
DACcab.jpg

I am SO jealous of your webbing. How'd you do it???

#4715 8 years ago

Darn you do fine work! Wow and wow!

#4772 8 years ago

Wow Nick an unbelievable information source
Thanks!!

#4787 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's a couple of shots of my Grand Prix I got last weekend. I've cleaned the playfield and did some touchups-Man, this game has a ton of inserts. Need to do some spot clearing and wax it. Will get a new backglass from bgresto. Cab is in pretty decent shape, backbox not quite as good but still not bad. Plays really, really fast.
GP1.jpg
GP2.jpg

Can you share a photo or two of the cab interior? Love to see all that "stuff" in there!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SteveFury.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=SteveFury and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.