20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PhilC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2999 9 years ago

How is that Beat the Clock as a player? It's one I have never played. I love the old Williams games, they are just so hard to find in nice shape.

1 month later
#3094 9 years ago

Just finishing this one up, having some drop target reset issues, but I think I isolated the problem. Such a great game!

photo 3.JPGphoto 3.JPG photo 4.JPGphoto 4.JPG photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG
#3104 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Your Dimension looks great. Is that Ron's repro bg and is your pf a repro also or original? I wish my playfield was as nice as yours..........

Thanks hoov! I'm really happy with the way it came cosmetically, still sorting out some minor mechanical and light socket issues. It is a repro backglass, only one of two games i have with non-original glass in them. This one i'm ok with though, as it is really a beauty. The playfield is original, i touched it up, but it really wasn't that bad to begin with. Just the normal kick out hole wear. I did not clear coat it, wanted to keep it as original as possible. When its just small areas i tend to wax over the paint and keep it clean/waxed and it holds up well. It could use a new set of plastics though, as every one is flawed somewhere, I hid the issues as best i could, but one day when I can afford to splurge I will get them.

#3111 9 years ago

Since I couldn't attend York show today (Ill be there tomorrow morning at least, workplace issues grrrr) I took some pics of my games.
Here is my North Star, second one I did this year, this one has original cab paint, playfield and backglass. New repro plastics. Has flipper drag and a few wear spots that i did not touch up, but overall it was nice enough to do nothing else to IMO. Keeping this one

NS4.JPGNS4.JPG NS1.JPGNS1.JPG NS2.JPGNS2.JPG NS3.JPGNS3.JPG
#3112 9 years ago

Trade Winds is my favorite game in my collection at the moment to play. It may not have the best art or the most features, but this would be the last one to go I think.

TW1.JPGTW1.JPG TW2.JPGTW2.JPG TW3.JPGTW3.JPG
#3114 9 years ago

A little more 60's Williams love to be shown, this game is another great player!

HW2.JPGHW2.JPG HW1.JPGHW1.JPG
#3117 9 years ago

Neither going anywhere any time soon if ever odin! I had a really hard time finding these even in this condition as Im sure you know. I really wish Heat Waves cabinet was nicer (the lower has been painted over heavily on the sides, probably cant save it) especially considering the price I paid for it. But it has ridiculously low plays and minimal wear, so its a compromise!
Trade Winds is supposedly HUO, and I may believe it, as it dose not have a coin relay like all of my other williams games if i remember correctly, it has divots in the bottom panel where it would have been installed. Guy said his father bought it for him new. Who knows really, all I know is I'm thrilled with it.

#3120 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Awesome collection with a really nice mix.

Thanks! Unfortunately, my "collection" is less than half restored or even set up. But one at a time I am resurrecting them! Next up is 4 Roses...

Quoted from o-din:

Yes I know. I have a few early 60s Williams gems myself. I haven't tested them yet, as I haven't needed to, but I read they run their coil voltages higher than the others. You can sure feel it when you play.

Sounds like you are in the same position as me. You have that beautiful Big Daddy though, correct? Man am I envious of that, mine needs a miracle. For me, the ones needing the most cosmetic work or money invested tend to fall to the back of the pile, mostly in hopes of finding a better condition one...

#3143 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

BEAUTIFUL Trade Winds Phil - congrats on a fine game! After looking for one for years, I had a shot earlier this year at one that appeared on the Pinside EM Craigslist thread, but missed out on it. And at a great price to boot (argh!). My quest continues. I have a Ron Webb repro backglass awaiting a new home in the meantime.
- Tim

Thanks Tim, i wouldn't even have it if it were not for a fellow collector picking it up for me and delivering to york, pa show last year this time. Heading up there now as a matter of fact. Its a shame we live on opposite sides of the country, it seems you, Glen and I share the same love for these old William's games. Its also a shame these titles are so hard to find in decent shape. Good luck in your quest, its a worthy one!

#3148 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

This just returned to roost after about 9 years in a friend's basement. Boilerman's cabinet repaint the other day has me jonesing for his skill set to refurb my cabinet. I'll find the time one day.

image.jpg 110 KB

image-341.jpg 234 KB

image-810.jpg 291 KB

image-338.jpg 263 KB

image-921.jpg 300 KB

image-670.jpg 296 KB

That North Star looks great! I have tracings for sure and possibly stencils from a previous north star restore if you need them. I was going to reuse the head stencils for my Majorettes, and not sure if i have both of the side ones still. But here was my repaint:

IMG_0009.JPGIMG_0009.JPG IMG_0010.JPGIMG_0010.JPG IMG_0012.JPGIMG_0012.JPG IMG_0013.JPGIMG_0013.JPG IMG_0011.JPGIMG_0011.JPG IMG_0014.JPGIMG_0014.JPG
#3149 9 years ago
Quoted from manitouguy:

here are a few of mine ... err ... shall i call this my 'game room'!!
space is very limited in my apt so i 'rotate' through the games, changing them up every couple of months
not sure if setting the heads on top (pushes down the coin return buttons - but i don't use those anyhow) is hard on the buttons or not .. but i need the room and it looks cool as 'wall art'

i see my hallway is a mess ... trying to make room for the soon arrival of jack n jill too .. yikes!
cheers, Ron

oh dear.JPG 173 KB

Awesome collection, I second removing the couch!

#3152 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Man your guy's North Stars have a playfield I would kill for. I will find a better playfield at some point.

Is your cabinet nice? That seems to be what is hard to find with this game. My first one was BAD, formica clad over 2 layers of paint. This one I have now is solid and original but paint flaking on sides, pretty badly on left side.

1 week later
#3157 9 years ago
Quoted from GizzArd:

Picked up a Central Park over the weekend. It gets mixed reviews but it's a real blast to play once you get used to the machine. Even though it's hard as nails to get the specials it makes you want to play it that much more.

image-613.jpg 91 KB

Awesome find! I love that game, I have found it difficult to win on as well. Alot of fun to play. I hopefully have a Hurdy Gurdy coming my way after the holidays. I have never played Hurdy Gurdy, but love the art and have come to welcome the add-a-ball feature. Looks like your Central Park is in pretty nice shape. Shay has that glass, looks like yours might need one if shes a keeper.

Quoted from o-din:

This machine is a lot of fun.

DSCN3081.JPG 192 KB

DSCN3082.JPG 179 KB

Odin that Kings and Queens is beautiful!

#3163 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Early xmas present
A NOS Hit The Deck playfield , done by Ron Kruzman.
Now, can someone please do a massively detailed playfield swop video?!

IMG_8222.JPG 190 KB

Now THAT is beautiful! Congrats, and good luck with the swap.

2 months later
#3399 9 years ago

I love this playfield. just finishing her up!

image.jpgimage.jpg image-767.jpgimage-767.jpg image-251.jpgimage-251.jpg image-358.jpgimage-358.jpg
#3400 9 years ago

Another fun williams title, my first pin.

image-965.jpgimage-965.jpg image-17.jpgimage-17.jpg image-446.jpgimage-446.jpg image-309.jpgimage-309.jpg
1 month later
#3549 9 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

While working on a game, I've been historically guilty of stacking tools, parts and cleaners on an adjacent game. Having finally installed Invisiglass on most games, I'm more careful about that bad habit. It won't likely last long, so I took some photos of most of my EMs before the clutter mysteriously appears again.

WOW those are some nice games! Glad to see someone else has yellow reels on their Flying Turns, my first player has white, second player yellow. Not sure whats up with that. You are in my neck of the woods. Beautiful collection!
Phil

9 months later
#5276 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks. Coin door is there on top of the glass . I put it back. He has quite a few more. That Sea Wolf may be a little out of my league but it is a beauty. They all are. I picked this one up last week. Very challenging. Very pretty. A photo of the updated east wing of the garage.
DSCN3957.JPG
DSCN3955.JPG
DSCN3959.JPG

Awesome grab on that 4 Roses, this has quickly become one of my favorites. Just finished tweaking mine, and its really a challenge to get all of those specials lit. Your right about it being a beauty too, IMO its the nicest piece of eye candy in my collection.

#5278 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! I was lucky to find one in such nice condition. The red Williams print is still on the coin door. It is even more beautiful when you see it in person all lit up. It won't be going anywhere until I'm gone.

I removed the gobble hole shields from my game and polished them on my buffer, they polished up like mirrors. You can also carefully clean or touch up the white paint on the inside edge of the hole from the bottom while you have that metal out, it really cleans up that area a lot. Now I just need to figure out what is wrong with my heat wave so I can move on to king pin. Lots of Williams love over here.

1 year later
#9400 6 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

I remember there being a Pretty Baby in one of the Seaside Hts boardwalk arcades back in the late 1960's. I'd drop a nickle or two into it, but never more. Back then any money i dropped into a game mostly likely had Special When Lit feature so i could win and extend my playing time, which was all i cared about.Beating the machines on route for free replays was all that mattered to me. Today i feel the same way but not as important as it was when i played on route.

Vic, wouldn't it be funny if I owned the same game you had played all those years ago? The family I purchased mine from almost 10 years ago said it came from a boardwalk arcade in Seaside Heights. It is really fun as a 2 player game when we have guests. Best 2 player game I own i would say. Otherwise it doesn't get too much play by me, but my daughter loves it.

2 months later
#9811 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

From the instruction card set on Inkotchnito's web site.
HITTING STAR ROTO TARGET SCORES DOMINO ADVANCE AND
500 POINTS.
Pinside sure can screw up a post. Those Trade Wind pictures were not planned and I can't seem to edit them out.

Wow that is a really nice looking Trade Winds!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.50
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Covington, LA
$ 20.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Red Oak, TX
$ 35.00
Cabinet Parts
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Swansea, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

£ 49.00
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
£ 38.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PhilC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines?tu=PhilC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.