Quoted from boilerman:
that was my understanding and maybe I misunderstood?
on blue note one of the top roll over lights are lit. if you hit the lit one will a plunger shot you get 10k but once you any point is scored it goes out not to be see until next ball.
I am not sure about bally or Williams games but I can think of one gottlieb em that had that.
maybe mike0 or dirt can chime in
If you are talking a discreet skill shot then there are limited Gottlieb EM games that offer this. The examples that come to mind quickly are both Soccer/Super Soccer and Top Score/300 where if you hit the rollover at the top a stand up target lights for a Special if you hit it before scoring any points.
But, to me, the skill shot on any EM is the shot that gets you more points than the other alternatives. While not a disappearing skill shot, they are skill shots nonetheless.
Here are several examples:
1. On Surfer/Surf Champ one rollover lane is lit for 2 bonus where the unlit lanes provide only one bonus. To me the lit lane is the skill shot.
2. On Jumping Jack/Jack in the Box the lit hole is the skill shot. It also ups the value of drop targets/bonus by 10x.
3. On Spirit of 76/Pioneer there is a less obvious skill shot which is the center C rollover since that is the only place on the game you can get it. It doesn't cry out skill shot but it is the skill shot nonetheless.
4. On Quick Draw/Fast Draw either the A or C top rollover is the skill shot to me due to the fact that the B rollover is duplicated at the inner rollover lanes above the flippers. These B lanes are much safer to get than the adjacent A and C return lanes because any ball that hits at the A or C return lanes can rattle into the respective outlane.
5. On Drop a Card one of the two lanes at the top is lit for extra points.
6. On Slick Chick your skill shot is one of the top lanes for SLICK or CHICK and 50 points. If you already have SLICK as you plunge the next ball the CHICK lane is your skill shot and vice versa.
7. On any single player Gottlieb wedgehead where you are trying to unlight a letter or number at the top to complete a sequence the skill shot is a letter/number that you need. As you collect/unlight the letters/numbers the remaining letters/numbers become your skill shots. Ice Revue and North Star and Crosstown and.......
I'm ready for the controversy to fly now.