20240413_220233 (resized).jpg
20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
There are 13,748 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 275.
#4751 8 years ago
Quoted from Ring-Them-Bells:

That back-to-back was a good idea. Is that a Lady Luck I see??

That is Lady Luck. Check it out.
011.JPG011.JPG012.JPG012.JPG

#4752 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

looks and feels good.

Looks good. I see you have bingo games. Are they fun to play?

#4753 8 years ago

IMG_20150704_121856.jpgIMG_20150704_121856.jpg
My one and only..

#4754 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

It took a bit of practice to find the right technique. To be honest, I just lucked onto it. I was standing too far away and it would just blob onto the surface. I just move up close to this piece of cardboard I was practicing with and bingo, I found it.
There are some games though that I'll be working on that are spattered, not webbed, so I've got that technique down too

What technique would you use for old Gottlieb aprons? I need to redo my rusted World Fair apron. I have a new decal from Pinball Rescue but I'm afraid it won't look right if I just paint it white.

#4755 8 years ago

But hey give me a break' I was just a thought back when this was made lol . only 10 years before my time.. I'll buy more EM pins.

#4756 8 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

What technique would you use for old Gottlieb aprons? I need to redo my rusted World Fair apron. I have a new decal from Pinball Rescue but I'm afraid it won't look right if I just paint it white.

if you use a apron overlay don't put the webbing down first. the overlay will NOT lay flat with webbing under it. it will not look that bad without the silver webbing. I web over the decal looks pretty good. I use a spray gun to do mine.

#4757 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Looks good. I see you have bingo games. Are they fun to play?

Flipper pinball is like playing checkers...fun

Bingo pinball machines are like playing chess...thinking and skill
fun too(when you win)

My Gay Time bingo ....has numbered lines that move and the balls can hop from one hole to another. Look it up on bingo.cdyn
023.JPG023.JPG

#4758 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

My Gay Time bingo

Nice. I used to think they looked "boring" without flippers but lately I've been thinking it might be fun to have a working one.

#4759 8 years ago

Nice. I used to think they looked "boring" without flippers but lately I've been thinking it might be fun to have a working one.

Have you listened to the podcast FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY.....?(em & bingo pinball machine podcast)
http://foramusementonly.libsyn.com/

#4760 8 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Have you listened to the podcast FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY

Not yet. I saw it in one of the threads here with Ryan Clayton.

I'm reading up on them. I used to think the bingo games were just luck but realized you might be able to choose the holes first then shoot and try to nudge the balls into them?

#4761 8 years ago
Quoted from phillyfan64:

I never web them at all, and they look fine.

#4762 8 years ago

Not yet. I saw it in one of the threads here with Ryan Clayton.
I'm reading up on them. I used to think the bingo games were just luck but realized you might be able to choose the holes first then shoot and try to nudge the balls into them?

Either get a working one or find somebody who has one and will let you play it. Lock the coin door and give somebody else the key. Buy $50 worth of dimes or whatever the game takes. See how long you can last playing with those bought coins. Try some games with low odds / no features and build up bigger odds / features on others.Try for extra balls when you could make a line with one. If you don't make good skill shots and nudge balls toward the holes you need, those coins won't last long at all. Even if you do, the machine will have your $50 quicker than you cold ever imagine.
Using skill to land a ball in the hole you need for 480 or 600 replays is a great feeling, as is listening to them clock up. It doesn't happen often.

#4763 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

if you use a apron overlay don't put the webbing down first. the overlay will NOT lay flat with webbing under it. it will not look that bad without the silver webbing. I web over the decal looks pretty good. I use a spray gun to do mine.

Quoted from EMsInKC:

I never web them at all, and they look fine.

Thank you both. I'll try it without it first and see how it turns out. It has to look better than it does now. It's rusted pretty bad.

#4764 8 years ago

almost done

20150705_120615.jpg20150705_120615.jpg

#4765 8 years ago

Boilerman, looks like you are refinishing pins @ work....

#4766 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Boilerman, looks like you are refinishing pins @ work....

that is were I do all my pin work,very little at home

#4767 8 years ago
Quoted from nick-the-greek:

Either get a working one or find somebody who has one and will let you play it.

I'm thinking of getting one of the late 50's or early 60's Bally bingo games because I read that the earlier games are less complicated troubleshooting wise vs the later 70's games.

The heads look like monsters though. How heavy are they?

#4768 8 years ago

I'm thinking of getting one of the late 50's or early 60's Bally bingo games because I read that the earlier games are less complicated troubleshooting wise vs the later 70's games.
The heads look like monsters though. How heavy are they?

About 200+ #
The majority of the weight is in the head.

#4769 8 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

About 200+ #
The majority of the weight is in the head.

I know pinballs weigh about 250 lbs but the head alone weighs 200+?

#4770 8 years ago

The head of a magic screen bingo can just about be lifted by two stongish people. They have a load of stuff in them, most of the EM gear is in the head and on the back door, and there is a lot of it.
The earliest games are the easiest to trouble shoot as they don't have that many features, so don't need so many steppers, motors and all the stuff later games used. And the first half dozen or so games had the majority of the EM controls in the cabinet, on a motor board. It can be disconnected and lifted out, just like a flipper pinball, which makes working on it easier. The later the game, the more complcated they are. The late sixties and seventies twenty hole games are the most complex. The slightly earlier magic screen games are next, the magic squares and corners slightly less so, and the magic lines a bit less than that. Having said that, they are all very complicated compared to any EM flipper game. The random nature of their operation makes fault finding harder, and checking if you have fixed a fault can be difficult as it may not occur during play very often.
If you really want to know more about them, click on the link and then click on 'how they work'. It will tell you all there is to know about how they operate. There are also sections on fixing them, game listings with images, manuals and schematics you can download, just about everything you could want to know really.
http://bingo.cdyn.com/

#4771 8 years ago
Quoted from nick-the-greek:

If you really want to know more about them, click on the link and then click on 'how they work'. It will tell you all there is to know about how they operate. There are also sections on fixing them, game listings with images, manuals and schematics you can download, just about everything you could want to know really.
http://bingo.cdyn.com/

Got it. Thanks for the information, nick.
Bruce

#4772 8 years ago

Wow Nick an unbelievable information source
Thanks!!

#4773 8 years ago

Thank you so much Nick, the timing of your post could not arrived at a more perfect time for me.

#4774 8 years ago

So here we go with my first Zaccaria EM - Aerobatics...

Seven Digits ;-)Seven Digits Front ViewFront ViewSide ViewSide ViewPlayfieldPlayfieldNice Layout - 2 Spinners, 2 Kick Out HolesNice Layout - 2 Spinners, 2 Kick Out HolesThree Huge Drop TargetsThree Huge Drop Targets......BonusBonus

#4775 8 years ago

Some more details...Left Spinner changes the Awards you can get via the Left Kick Out HoleLeft Spinner changes the Awards you can get via the Left Kick Out HoleRight Spinners advances Bonus... plus some Points, especially when litRight Spinners advances Bonus... plus some Points, especially when litThe Awards... i.e. Bonus (Extra) Ball or 10x BonusThe Awards... i.e. Bonus (Extra) Ball or 10x BonusBonus Ball / 10 x BonusBonus Ball / 10 x BonusNo Chimes - A Soundboard and a Speaker (Awful Sound, but Unique :-))No Chimes - A Soundboard and a Speaker (Awful Sound, but Unique )Switch Between Add-A-Ball and ReplaySwitch Between Add-A-Ball and Replay

Many thanks to Nick W. from the UK - the previous owner of this beauty!

And finally a trivia... Why is there a "ZCAI" on the spinner?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4776 8 years ago

It's zcai on the front and the rest of the letters are on the back so that when it spins it reads Zaccaria.

#4777 8 years ago

Now it's time to post pics of the back of the spinners!

#4778 8 years ago

Interesting layout. Looks like fun to play.

#4779 8 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I've never seen the game before, can you nudge the ball off of that post on the sides and onto the return lane?

#4780 8 years ago
Quoted from frg:

And finally a trivia... Why is there a "ZCAI" on the spinner?

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Now it's time to post pics of the back of the spinners!

IMG_2310.JPGIMG_2310.JPG

And here we go with a video... as you can see it is not super well implemented...

Quoted from Mikala:

Yes it is

Quoted from Pinballprowess:

I've never seen the game before, can you nudge the ball off of that post on the sides and onto the return lane?

Yes you can - but it is not as easy as on Centaur or even better on Viking... but it is also not so "easy" to lose your ball by "trapping to hard" like it is on some Gottliebs..

#4781 8 years ago
Quoted from frg:

IMG_2310.JPG
And here we go with a video... as you can see it is not super well implemented...
» YouTube video

I just played this game on my tablet (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.magicpixel.Zaccaria), but unfortunately they weren't able to simulate the effect!

#4782 8 years ago
Quoted from frg:

I love it anyway!

#4783 8 years ago

Here's a couple of shots of my Grand Prix I got last weekend. I've cleaned the playfield and did some touchups-Man, this game has a ton of inserts. Need to do some spot clearing and wax it. Will get a new backglass from bgresto. Cab is in pretty decent shape, backbox not quite as good but still not bad. Plays really, really fast.

GP1.jpgGP1.jpg

GP2.jpgGP2.jpg

#4784 8 years ago

Your GP looks really really nice

#4785 8 years ago
Quoted from frg:

IMG_2310.JPG
» YouTube video

Yes it is

Yes you can - but it is not as easy as on Centaur or even better on Viking... but it is also not so "easy" to lose your ball by "trapping to hard" like it is on some Gottliebs..

No... it doesn't 'appear' easy. I don't think a nudge would cut it.

Looks like you'd have to give it quite a 'bang' on the lockdown bar to even do it.

But I have never played the game either, so wouldn't know for sure until that time.

#4786 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

No... it doesn't 'appear' easy. I don't think a nudge would cut it.
Looks like you'd have to give it quite a 'bang' on the lockdown bar to even do it.
But I have never played the game either, so wouldn't know for sure until that time.

Welll it looks easy in the Zaccaria pinball app...

I can also speak regarding my machine, this may vary from machine to machine... if the ball comes in quite slowly, there is a chance to get it back by a little push - otherwise no chance.

#4787 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's a couple of shots of my Grand Prix I got last weekend. I've cleaned the playfield and did some touchups-Man, this game has a ton of inserts. Need to do some spot clearing and wax it. Will get a new backglass from bgresto. Cab is in pretty decent shape, backbox not quite as good but still not bad. Plays really, really fast.
GP1.jpg
GP2.jpg

Can you share a photo or two of the cab interior? Love to see all that "stuff" in there!

#4788 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

GP1.jpg
GP2.jpg

I imagine its pretty heavy too.

#4789 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

Love to see all that "stuff" in there!

There is a ton of stuff on the mech panel of Grand Prix.

#4790 8 years ago

Grand Prix is one of the last two three inch flipper EMs I have. It is one of the better machines from the 70s IMO. Lots of different features and goals. Great for competition.

#4791 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Grand Prix is one of the last two three inch flipper EMs I have. It is one of the better machines from the 70s IMO. Lots of different features and goals. Great for competition.

What's the other one?

#4792 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

grand prix was with out a doubt the best game to compete on that I owned. not sure I can explain why but we would get worked up when we played against each other. it was not much of a one person game

#4793 8 years ago

Here's my Top Score. I used to ditch school and play this at the local pizza store back in '75. It will get a cabinet refinishing soon.

IMG_20150709_095958.jpgIMG_20150709_095958.jpg

IMG_20150709_095945.jpgIMG_20150709_095945.jpg

#4794 8 years ago

I've managed to track down an old Sapporo. There are only two other publicly playable Sapporo tables in the world, AFAIK.

It's in poor condition and is in urgent need of repair. One of the kick-holes doesn't work, and the left flipper no longer works to control the ski jump. I wish I knew how to repair pinball machines, I'd fix it up myself.

One publicly playable Sapporo is at the Japan Game Museum in Inuyama, Japan, and the other is kept at Sega's corporate headquarters and is occasionally shown at company exhibitions.

( http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Pinball/Sapporo )

The venue where I found one is at the Putt Hut, a mini-golf establishment in Palmerston North, New Zealand. To me, it's absolutely wonderful to play an old EM, even though it's in such an awful condition.

#4795 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Grand Prix was with out a doubt the best game to compete on that I owned. not sure I can explain why but we would get worked up when we played against each other. it was not much of a one person game

The best multi-players I have are the four short flipper two player machines from the 60s. As far as four players Grand Prix is as good as they come and that is usually when it gets the most play. It is on three ball so people tend to stay involved. I sold it twice and missed it both times so I guess it is here to stay. When we compete the single player games are used as "fluffers" so nobody ever gets bored.

I just got Pinky back together and now she is ready for action. Which she will definitely get a lot of this weekend when people come over. It is hard to walk away from this one. When I first got it working a friend came over with a fancy recording set up and this is one of the games he put on it. It was not his first game and I was way past my first beer. I still need one bell coil.

DSCN3807.JPGDSCN3807.JPG

#4796 8 years ago

I just looked on my doorstep and the box arrived with the bell coil. Those half million shots sound much better now.

#4797 8 years ago

odin those 100.00 pinkies are rare. and some of us are still waiting for our turn...

#4798 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

DSCN3807.JPG(Click image to enlarge)

Great video.

Are those brown tobacco stains on the wooden lockdown bar? Edit: Just realized you said the brown is old lacquer finish? Are you planning to clean it up and refinish the wood trim?

#4799 8 years ago

Nice video Odin!

#4800 8 years ago

I watched it over and over after he sent me the link. Good stuff. He didn't hit the rollover button once. But he is on his way back over so maybe there will be another without some dudes hands in his way. I had to raise the back legs about a half an inch now that is it is done. I may sand the rails and lock bar some day.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 39.00
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

1,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

£ 38.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 24.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,748 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/96 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.