20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 275.
#4701 8 years ago

Too much talk and not enough pictures! My humble EM collection:
0630150007.jpg0630150007.jpg
0630150010.jpg0630150010.jpg
0630150011.jpg0630150011.jpg
Mostly players condition games, but a helluva lot of fun!

#4702 8 years ago

Here's the head and cab of the Drop A Card I'm doing. Base coat and webbing done. Graphics will be done hopefully soon.

DAC_head_front.jpgDAC_head_front.jpg

DACcab.jpgDACcab.jpg

#4703 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's the head and cab of the Drop A Card I'm doing. Base coat and webbing done. Graphics will be done hopefully soon.

WOW! nicely done. Your webbing looks great. I bet you're not using Krylon webbing in a can....

#4704 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

DAC_head_front.jpg
DACcab.jpg

I am SO jealous of your webbing. How'd you do it???

#4705 8 years ago

Lita Ford on top of a pinball machine..... dream come true!!!!

Can anyone tell me which title is that? Like, if I even care.....

#4707 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

I am SO jealous of your webbing. How'd you do it???

Clay's Weiler brush method. I don't have an air gun so that's what I use.

I don't use the full brush. I bend about 4 of the bristles away from the rest. I then put the paint on those, not too heavy, hold the brush very close to the cab, bend those four bristles back, and let it fly. You'll get a touch of spattering here and there, but for the most part, you get the webs. The places where the webbing is a bit darker than other places is where I got a bit too much paint on the bristles. Turning the brush to different angles puts the webbing on at the corresponding angle.

It took me about half an hour or so to do the entire cab.

Just takes some practice.

The paint is plain old Americana black. Nothing fancy.

#4708 8 years ago

looks great. can't wait to see the finished pics

I could never get the webbing to look like that with the brush method.
for me the air gun is the only way and I tried them all

#4709 8 years ago

It took a bit of practice to find the right technique. To be honest, I just lucked onto it. I was standing too far away and it would just blob onto the surface. I just move up close to this piece of cardboard I was practicing with and bingo, I found it.

There are some games though that I'll be working on that are spattered, not webbed, so I've got that technique down too

#4710 8 years ago

Double post

#4711 8 years ago

Finished the full restoration on this Gottlieb KING OF DIAMONDS.
More pics in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-king-of-diamonds-fully-restored-many-pics

Thanks for looking!

Robert Urbanowicz
PINBALLMANIA LLC
https://www.facebook.com/pinballmaniallc
-

3.jpg3.jpg

2.jpg2.jpg

1.jpg1.jpg

16.jpg16.jpg

44.jpg44.jpg

45.jpg45.jpg

38.jpg38.jpg

37.jpg37.jpg

#4712 8 years ago

Also finished restoring this Gottlieb CENTRAL PARK.
More pics in this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-central-park-fully-restored-many-pics

Thanks for looking!

Robert Urbanowicz
PINBALLMANIA LLC
https://www.facebook.com/pinballmaniallc
-

2.jpg2.jpg

3.jpg3.jpg

1.jpg1.jpg

29.jpg29.jpg

15.jpg15.jpg

37.jpg37.jpg

38.jpg38.jpg

#4714 8 years ago

Beautiful!

#4715 8 years ago

Darn you do fine work! Wow and wow!

#4716 8 years ago

Somebody is going to be very happy with the both of these.

#4717 8 years ago

I assume these two are for sale?

#4718 8 years ago

I would assume they are already sold.

#4719 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would assume they are already sold.

Probably so. I was just wondering about the propriety of a business using this place as an advertising vehicle, since we aren't allowed to try and sell our own games in regular threads on this board.

#4720 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

we aren't allowed to try and sell our own games in regular threads on this board.

Actually you can if you post what you are selling in one of those regional threads or any other for that matter. You just can't start a new for sale thread strictly for your own items without linking it to the market place.

#4721 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Actually you can if you post what you are selling in one of those regional threads or any other for that matter. You just can't start a new for sale thread strictly for your own items without linking it to the market place.

You mean like the above

I found out about the sale rule. The problem with the rule is, the marketplace is overfull and games get lost, and the thread linking it to the market can't be replied to and eventually falls off the page.

#4722 8 years ago

This just arrived today via STI. The Gottlieb Flying Carpet has landed!

Could use a new paint job (or not) as it has the usually hard fade that turns into something other than the original color, but it's not in bad condition. Cabinet is in great shape with the right side of the Head having some minor laminate damage. Original Backglass is a solid 9 with some pinholes, the usual wear from the pads disintegrating and the glass rubbing. Playfield is a 9.5 with no paint touch ups. Original Coin Door is in great shape, best I have had to date for this style. Even has the Lockdown Bar with the end caps in super shape. Simply beautiful all the way around.

Now I just have to repair the usual mechanics as it currently does not work and see if I like how it plays. Most likely it will get it in the Shopout Que this August as I am currently shopping out my Gottlieb Sky Jump, so this will be next.

Ken

Flying_Carper_Arrived_001.jpgFlying_Carper_Arrived_001.jpg

Flying_Carper_Arrived_003.jpgFlying_Carper_Arrived_003.jpg

Flying_Carper_Arrived_005.jpgFlying_Carper_Arrived_005.jpg

Flying_Carper_Arrived_013.jpgFlying_Carper_Arrived_013.jpg

Flying_Carper_Arrived_015.jpgFlying_Carper_Arrived_015.jpg

Flying_Carper_Arrived_004.jpgFlying_Carper_Arrived_004.jpg

Flying_Carper_Arrived_010.jpgFlying_Carper_Arrived_010.jpg

Flying_Carper_Arrived_009.jpgFlying_Carper_Arrived_009.jpg

#4723 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

and the thread linking it to the market can't be replied to

I just did, so your ad got a little bump.

#4724 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Could use a new paint job (or not) as it has the usually hard fade that turns into something other than the original color, but it's not in bad condition.

I'd just leave it alone, unless of course you know somebody that does quality repaints.

#4725 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd just leave it alone, unless of course you know somebody that does quality repaints.

Unfortunately, I think both quality cabinet guys in our area are booked solid through the summer and early fall.

Marcus

#4726 8 years ago

Does anyone know how I can get a replacement metal "backdoor" for the head of a Gottleib Vulcan (a four-player)? I've seen others available, but none in this size. Thanks.

#4727 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Does anyone know how I can get a replacement metal "backdoor" for the head of a Gottleib Vulcan (a four-player)? I've seen others available, but none in this size. Thanks.

Opps, misread PBR's website. As Emily Litella would say, "Never mind..."

#4728 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I just did, so your ad got a little bump.

Bless you, my child...

#4730 8 years ago

I tried PBR already, but the eBay link looks promising. Thanks!

EDIT: Nope. The vertical dimension is wrong. My door is 28 1/2" tall, not 26 5/8".

#4731 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

This just arrived today via STI. The Gottlieb Flying Carpet has landed!
Could use a new paint job (or not) as it has the usually hard fade that turns into something other than the original color, but it's not in bad condition. Cabinet is in great shape with the right side of the Head having some minor laminate damage. Original Backglass is a solid 9 with some pinholes, the usual wear from the pads disintegrating and the glass rubbing. Playfield is a 9.5 with no paint touch ups. Original Coin Door is in great shape, best I have had to date for this style. Even has the Lockdown Bar with the end caps in super shape. Simply beautiful all the way around.
Now I just have to repair the usual mechanics as it currently does not work and see if I like how it plays. Most likely it will get it in the Shopout Que this August as I am currently shopping out my Gottlieb Sky Jump, so this will be next.
Ken

Flying_Carper_Arrived_001.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_003.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_005.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_013.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_015.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_004.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_010.jpg Flying_Carper_Arrived_009.jpg

Very nice Ken.

Hard to find that title with a good backglass (and cabinet). Playfields seemed to hold up pretty well in that era. You did good!

#4732 8 years ago

I posted these in another thread but not sure I got them here. Anyway here's the latest addition. A little wear above the left flipper but over all in decent shape considering it's age.

418216-i.jpg418216-i.jpg

418309-i.jpg418309-i.jpg

#4733 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

There's a guy here in MN who makes nice ones. I'll send you his contact info in a PM. They're about $40 shipped.

#4734 8 years ago

Does he also create doors for mid-60's Bally single players? I assume he has his own sheet metal brake and cutting blade so he could probably make them in any size.

#4735 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Does he also create doors for mid-60's Bally single players? I assume he has his own sheet metal brake and cutting blade so he could probably make them in any size.

He's been able to make them to any size/form as long as he has the right dimensions (including lock placement). I don't know if he's done an early Bally though. Sheet metal fab is part of his day job I believe, so has all the right equipment available. The Gottlieb doors he makes are terrific.

#4736 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

The Gottlieb doors he makes are terrific.

I bought a door from him as well and was very happy.

#4737 8 years ago

I can vouch for his doors also. I bought two of them and was very happy with the quality and communication. The more doors you buy the cheaper each one is too.

#4738 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Hard to find that title with a good backglass

I am surpized that no one has done a silk screened inked repro BG for Flying Carpet yet,
as most found out in the wild have some sort of flaking or thin paint issues.

#4739 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

There's a guy here in MN who makes nice ones. I'll send you his contact info in a PM. They're about $40 shipped.

Thanks! I sent an email and will be eager to hear from him.

#4740 8 years ago

Finally got a Big Hit. My lineup!

machines.jpgmachines.jpg

#4741 8 years ago

Big Hit is a fun game, under rated.

#4742 8 years ago
Quoted from Pneuma:

Finally got a Big Hit. My lineup!

machines.jpg

Met you at the Allentown show when you picked up that "Spanish Eyes". That game played great.

#4743 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I am surpized that no one has done a silk screened inked repro BG for Flying Carpet yet,
as most found out in the wild have some sort of flaking or thin paint issues.

Yeah, tell me about it.

I tried to get this glass done... but couldn't get enough people to step up to the plate.

Pikers!

#4745 8 years ago

Great looking lineup! They draw you in and make you want to play them all.

#4746 8 years ago

Thanks.

Game room is still under construction, so I turned the lights off. I'm going for the old tavern theme. I want to get a jukebox, more beer signs and get a hanging Coors pool table light over my slate bumper pool table. Gonna try to build a little bar too. Got lots of room!

#4747 8 years ago
Quoted from Ring-Them-Bells:

I'm going for the old tavern theme.

It looks like a bar man cave.

#4748 8 years ago

Working on my garage gameroom retrofit the last two weeks....needed every inch of space i can salvage.

manorgarpins 021.JPGmanorgarpins 021.JPGmanorgarpins 022.JPGmanorgarpins 022.JPGmanorgarpins 023.JPGmanorgarpins 023.JPGmanorgarpins 025.JPGmanorgarpins 025.JPG
manorgarpins 027.JPGmanorgarpins 027.JPG004.JPG004.JPG 004.JPG004.JPG017.JPG017.JPG

011.jpg011.jpg

#4749 8 years ago

Still have more work ahead...but looks and feels good.
001.jpg001.jpg023.jpg023.jpg033.jpg033.jpg030.jpg030.jpg

#4750 8 years ago

That back-to-back was a good idea. Is that a Lady Luck I see??

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

£ 49.00
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
$ 4.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 16.95
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.