Topic Stats

• 11,594 posts
  • 652 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by Dee-Bow
  • Topic is favorited by 178 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,567 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

8B0C2336-0E34-4ABB-BB5E-C5AC897BFD4E (resized).jpeg
20190511_182104 (resized).jpg
20190511_182055 (resized).jpg
20190511_182042 (resized).jpg
2019-04-21 19.42.27 (resized).jpg
2019-04-21 19.42.42 (resized).jpg
20190508_201221 (resized).jpg
20190508_201204 (resized).jpg
20190508_201202 (resized).jpg
20190508_201145 (resized).jpg
20190508_201142 (resized).jpg
DSC05758 (resized).JPG
DSC05761 (resized).JPG
geminiIMG_3972 (resized).JPG
geminiIMG_3974 (resized).JPG
geminiIMG_3987 (resized).JPG

There are 11594 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 232.
#4651 3 years ago

*ques up banjo music*

_banjo.jpg
#4652 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

You used to work at All American Burger!

Seven months ago.

#4653 3 years ago

Bgresto's done Capersville. My 2nd C-ville was missing the glass and I inquired about it quite awhile ago and was emailed a pic of the restored glass. I didn't end up buying one though.

#4654 3 years ago

I can hardly believe it. My wife asked me to play pinball with her this evening. That never happened before. Not once. The Gottlieb Vulcan has won her over. Amazing.

So, I'm in the market for a second EM! Sorry to be so picky, but I would like something that is in very good shape (even restored), at least a two player, a relatively complex (= lasting fun) game, and located within a reasonable driving distance of central North Carolina. That might not happen anytime soon, I realize, but I'd be grateful if you'd bear it in mind. I love the thought that I might at long last have found a way to share this hobby at least occasionally with my wife. Thanks!

#4655 3 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

So, I'm in the market for a second EM! Sorry to be so picky, but I would like something that is in very good shape (even restored), at least a two player, a relatively complex (= lasting fun) game, and located within a reasonable driving distance of central North Carolina. That might not happen anytime soon, I realize, but I'd be grateful if you'd bear it in mind. I love the thought that I might at long last have found a way to share this hobby at least occasionally with my wife. Thanks!

An EM won her over, then it will be a 2nd one, and so on, and so on.................................

Ken

#4657 3 years ago

Coming along. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4658 3 years ago

Picked up this beauty on Tuesday night. Only 17,000 plays. This is the same game that JR sold at the Allentown in May 2015.GA 6-17-15 078.JPG

#4659 3 years ago

GA 6-17-15 079.JPGGA 6-17-15 077.JPG

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Picked up this Golden Arrow beauty on Tuesday night. Only 17,000 plays. This is the same game that JR sold at the Allentown in May 2015.GA 6-17-15 078.JPG

#4660 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Picked up this beauty on Tuesday night. Only 17,000 plays. This is the same game that JR sold at the Allentown in May 2015.

Great looking Golden Arrow Vic! Looks like you got to one before I did, Congrats!

Ken

#4661 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Great looking Golden Arrow Vic! Looks like you got to one before I did, Congrats!
Ken

Thanks Ken...I am enjoying the game play and been looking for one for awhile. Chasing yellow arrows for 5k,green bulls eye targets for 10k and special on moving numbers 1 thru 10 keeps a player on their toes. GA 6-17-15 081.JPG

#4662 3 years ago

Hard to believe that game is original. Looks like it just came out of the box.

Here's my Top Card playfield that HSA is doing for me. I'll do the playfield swap when I get it back.

topcard.jpg

#4663 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Here's my Top Card playfield that HSA is doing for me. I'll do the playfield swap when I get it back.
topcard.jpg

Is the Top Card playfield an NOS or ?

#4664 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Picked up this beauty on Tuesday night. Only 17,000 plays. This is the same game that JR sold at the Allentown in May 2015.GA 6-17-15 078.JPG

Vic, you're my hero for grabbing that game. You paid up for it, but I think it's well worth it. Now it has a perfect NOS glass in it too. Can't wait to see that gem in your collection! It's gotta go downstairs ASAP! That game, "Cross Town" and "Top Card". I'll help you move them when I get a chance.
BTW- time flies. That was May 2014; last year's Allentown show.

#4665 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Is the Top Card playfield an NOS or ?

It's a used playfield that I bought from Adam Kovalski and HSA restored it.

I replaced all the inserts prior to sending it to them. Fun job.

#4666 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

topcard.jpg

Have been loving this game since I picked it up a few weeks ago. Just a solid, no-nonsense pinball machine from that era. Lots of fun, challenging, great chimes, and pretty to look at too!

#4667 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Vic, you're my hero for grabbing that game. You paid up for it, but I think it's well worth it. Now it has a perfect NOS glass in it too. Can't wait to see that gem in your collection! It's gotta go downstairs ASAP! That game, "Cross Town" and "Top Card". I'll help you move them when I get a chance.
BTW- time flies. That was May 2014; last year's Allentown show.

Joe your right it was May 2014......I can't believe how fast time is moving these days. I better get going ASAP on the work ahead of me before the clock runs out....ha ha

This Saturday I plan on moving out the GA and CT into the driveway or somehow fit them inside the front of the garage near the work bench (if the day calls for rain) to pull out my Bally 1951 three card Coney Island bingo which is going to the 5th floor gameroom to be set up for play there.

Next I need to break down the 1954 Gay Time bingo (magic line and magic pockets game) and put that game from my collection into the outside wooded shed for pick up when Nick B. gets here. This stored Gay Time taking from my collection in the garage gameroom is going to Nick B's collection along with the free 1955 Bally Night Club bingo(turning corners game) I have had for near 15 years. Nick B. is planning on driving to my place to pick up these two Bally Bingo's and spend the day.

The 1973 Bally Blue Chip and the 1954 Bally Gay Time I bought with the Golden Arrow as a package deal last Saturday are going into my collection in the garage gameroom in place of the GT and CI.

I don't know if I will have enough time or strength to remove the shelving on the wall to make room to put back two wedgeheads.

I still need to push all the bingos against the wall for more space in the garage gameroom...might have to work all day Sunday on that portion of the job or schedule at another time.

#4668 3 years ago

Since I got ridiculous with the score motor I continued on to the ball count unit. I'm working on the trip bank now but not going quite this far.

DAC ball count unit 1.jpg

DAC ball count unit 2.jpg

#4669 3 years ago

GTB 1970 Baseball.
Picked up a week ago... my first.
photo 1.JPG

#4670 3 years ago

Just got this last night.it has a Really nice Playfield. I will swap out my other Playfield and keep the better one. If anyone is interested in trading, I will be offering my second JokernPoker EM
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4671 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I'm working on the trip bank now but not going quite this far.

I'm reading these posts with great interest because I'd like to know the best ways to clean these score motors, trip banks etc.

#4672 3 years ago

Coming soon
Sluggin Champ. 1955.
Superb ruleset on this game with collecting teams on both sides of the backglass.
And it has has an 'extra special hole'! ( 6 replays awarded ).

// Error: Image 418779 not found //

pf 1.JPG
#4673 3 years ago

Love those baseball-themed pins! Congrats.

#4674 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I'm reading these posts with great interest because I'd like to know the best ways to clean these score motors, trip banks etc.

Take 'em apart. Only way. On the trip bank I'm only taking off the activator plate that is pulled in by the coil, and the arm that comes down to move the switches. I took the reset arm off, and also removed the coil. You can unscrew the switch stacks but I'm leaving those on, just cleaning those in place with a Dremel tool and wire brush.

The only issue with the score motors is the switch stacks sometimes have those connecting wires between stacks. On the last one I did I broke one, just soldered it back together. I'm pretty sure it's good, I'll know for sure when the game is finished.

#4675 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

The only issue with the score motors is the switch stacks sometimes have those connecting wires between stacks. On the last one I did I broke one, just soldered it back together. I'm pretty sure it's good, I'll know for sure when the game is finished.

On a side note, I had a game that had an intermittent problem. After HOURS & HOURS of cleaning switches, adjusting, etc, etc. I found a cracked solder joint on one of those connecting wires. A word to the wise, check those closely!

#4676 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Coming soon
Sluggin Champ. 1955.
Superb ruleset on this game with collecting teams on both sides of the backglass.
And it has has an 'extra special hole'! ( 6 replays awarded ).

pf 1.JPG

Looks great - I bet you're excited to get that. Looks like it will be a good player.

Video!

#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Take 'em apart. Only way. On the trip bank I'm only taking off the activator plate that is pulled in by the coil, and the arm that comes down to move the switches. I took the reset arm off, and also removed the coil. You can unscrew the switch stacks but I'm leaving those on, just cleaning those in place with a Dremel tool and wire brush.

Thanks! I'll have to do the same for mine as soon as I get a Dremel tool. Btw, there's a thread where SteveFury prefers a different kind of brush because the wires break off the brush.

#4678 3 years ago

To keep this going, here's my finished Drop A Card motor board. Removed all components, sanded the board, disassembled, cleaned and polished the motor, ball count unit, trip bank (partially) and all relays. New labels made. I ever removed and polished up the brackets for the transformer.

And just to prove I'm not totally obsessed, no, I did not put the harness in the washing machine.

DAC_motor_board.jpg

#4679 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

To keep this going, here's my finished Drop A Card motor board. Removed all components, sanded the board, disassembled, cleaned and polished the motor, ball count unit, trip bank (partially) and all relays. New labels made. I ever removed and polished up the brackets for the transformer.
And just to prove I'm not totally obsessed, no, I did not put the harness in the washing machine.
DAC_motor_board.jpg

very nice!

#4680 3 years ago

Thanks! I'm getting closer to pulling out your stencils and giving them a go. Need to finish the cab base painting and get the webbing on, and then I'm off to the races.

#4681 3 years ago

How many total hours do you have into the motor board?

#4682 3 years ago

Please PM me if you know of any EMs that will be for sale at the Pintastic show in a couple of weeks. With effort, I might be able to make room for one more (for now!). Given that limitation, I would want a very good playing machine, ideally in quite good condition. (Something I'd want to hang onto for quite some time, in other words.) Anyway, I'd appreciate hearing in advance about any EMs that will be there so that I might have a chance to arrange shipping. Thanks!

#4683 3 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

How many total hours do you have into the motor board?

Way more than I should. Maybe 10 or so total, possibly more.

#4684 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

DAC_motor_board.jpg

I'm blind! That score motor glows with the light of a thousand suns!

#4685 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeNewberry:

I'm blind! That score motor glows with the light of a thousand suns!

Pretty amazing what a flash will do, huh? It's not really that shiny, but it sure looks it in that picture.

It cleaned up pretty nicely, though.

#4686 3 years ago

I just picked this up yesterday after years of looking. Cabinet is rough (I've never seen one that wasn't, unless re-painted), but pf and backglass were great. (sorry for the crappy pick--my phone can't handle the industrial flourescent lights in my warehouse). Truly a fun machine, and just cool as heck.

Sadly after playing 6 perfect games with my kids, it's now going to sit for a few weeks. Even with credits, it won't clear the score and start a new game, and sounds like the stepper is running. It's time to expand my horizons, I guess. I'll be posting begging for help once I get back from San Diego Comic Con.

IMG_0360.JPG

#4687 3 years ago
Quoted from albummydavis:

I just picked this up yesterday after years of looking. Cabinet is rough (I've never seen one that wasn't, unless re-painted), but pf and backglass were great. (sorry for the crappy pick--my phone can't handle the industrial flourescent lights in my warehouse). Truly a fun machine, and just cool as heck.
Sadly after playing 6 perfect games with my kids, it's now going to sit for a few weeks. Even with credits, it won't clear the score and start a new game, and sounds like the stepper is running. It's time to expand my horizons, I guess. I'll be posting begging for help once I get back from San Diego Comic Con.
IMG_0360.JPG

Probably just the score reel stepper needs to be cleaned. Reset the reel to zero by hand.....Likely it will start a new game. If so clean the unit so it can operate smoothly by hand. See pinrepair.com for details or send me a pm if needed.

#4688 3 years ago
Quoted from smailskid:

Probably just the score reel stepper needs to be cleaned. Reset the reel to zero by hand.....Likely it will start a new game. If so clean the unit so it can operate smoothly by hand. See pinrepair.com for details or send me a pm if needed.

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to reset in the morning and see if that's the issue. Thanks for the offer, too.

It's funny--I told myself my next couple of pins would be more modern than my usual early SS fare, and then one of the three EMs on my want list shows up locally at a great price. Go figure.

#4689 3 years ago

I am super jealous. I saw that on CL but did not have the funds.

#4690 3 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am super jealous. I saw that on CL but did not have the funds.

looks like this ones on you man, whose got the buukuu delores!

#4691 3 years ago

I made a video of my Jet Spin. Enjoy!

#4692 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

» YouTube video

I browsed through your video. Nicely done.

I noticed you have the urethane rings on the game. How does it play with these compared to new good quality bouncy white rings?

The only exposure I've had to urethane is on the flippers at the location we have league and, in general, I don't like them. They appear to deaden the ball action. They take spin off or just absorb energy. I've had to adjust my strategy for bounce passes where the ball is coming to one flipper and letting it bounce over to the other flipper. If it is coming slow where a normal rubber ring is on the flipper and the ball can make it to the other flipper I end up losing it as it doesn't transfer the momentum as well.

#4693 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I browsed through your video. Nicely done.
I noticed you have the urethane rings on the game. How does it play with these compared to new good quality bouncy white rings?
The only exposure I've had to urethane is on the flippers at the location we have league and, in general, I don't like them. They appear to deaden the ball action. They take spin off or just absorb energy. I've had to adjust my strategy for bounce passes where the ball is coming to one flipper and letting it bounce over to the other flipper. If it is coming slow where a normal rubber ring is on the flipper and the ball can make it to the other flipper I end up losing it as it doesn't transfer the momentum as well.

Thanks! Those are orange silicone rings from Titanpinball.com and I love them! They're just as bouncy as white rubber and more durable. The only challenge is that silicone flipper rings don't grip as well as superbands.

#4694 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Thanks! Those are orange silicone rings from Titanpinball.com and I love them! They're just as bouncy as white rubber and more durable. The only challenge is that silicone flipper rings don't grip as well as superbands.

Certainly not original...

#4695 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Certainly not original...

Most certainly.

#4696 3 years ago

Nice video TopMoose...love the Jet Spin and yours looks and plays nice!!

#4697 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

» YouTube video

That's a fast playing game. Is it on high tap or normal? Either way it's very nice indeed!

#4698 3 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

» YouTube video

good entertaining informative vid ! thank you

#4699 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

That's a fast playing game. Is it on high tap or normal? Either way it's very nice indeed!

It's on high tap and I increased the tilt to 4.5 degrees. The clearcoated and waxed playfield probably speeds the game up too.

I documented the restoration here: http://pinballreset.blogspot.com/2015/03/new-project-jet-spin.html

#4700 3 years ago

High tap and a bit of pitch rules !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canon City, CO
900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hauppauge, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Tabor, NJ
$ 17.50
Playfield - Plastics
Bright Lights Pinball
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 16.00
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hamilton, MA
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 114.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
$ 50.00
There are 11594 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 232.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside