Topic Stats

• 12,115 posts
  • 678 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by dozer1
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,941 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg
20191108_135858 (resized).jpg
20191108_135949 (resized).jpg
20191108_140114 (resized).jpg
20191108_140044 (resized).jpg
20191108_135822 (resized).jpg
bar (resized).jpg
31762911-E7F3-4632-99E5-9968D7473A96 (resized).jpeg

There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 243.
#4501 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

That game is now at the top of my want list. The only issue is, I'm out of room and have to move something, and I don't know what I'd move. I have an idea, but going to be a tough decision.
I'm not big on multi players but that is one great game.

It's more fun to compete! (seriously) I am tired of beating the snot out of 1 player wedgeheads. I then turn to my left (hey how's your game going?) and then turn to my right (are you having a fun time?) I would rather be playing a 3 player game. I invite you to have at least one multiplayer in your collection. Top Card and Triple Strike could be folded up or traded off. The rest of your games are keepers IMHO. I am jealous of your Bally games like "Surfer"

#4502 4 years ago

Multiplayers are underrated, seriously. I like 2-players a lot. Have yet to find a better one than Surf Side in terms of rules and opportunities for crazy last-second turnabouts.

Top Score is getting a lot of love here. Now rebuilding a Snow Derby which also looks fun. And if anyone has a Joker Poker EM they'd like to part with... lemme know. :p

#4503 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

jealous of your Bally games like "Surfer"

I got a BLY Surfers and it has been "Herbertized" ;
got it in a trade.

#4504 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Thanks! When I started buying machines a few years back, I'm not sure there was one woodrail on my list. But that seems to be the direction I am now going. I have had quite a few 70s machines, but after a while it seems nobody wants to play them as long as there are short flipper games from the 60s and prior available.
I am really loving the latest one Wishing Well, but one of my friends says it tilts to easy. I hadn't noticed...

I prefer the 2" flippers as well. The 3" just don't play the same, and they cetainly don't look the same. I've got mostly 60s games plus a few bingos, which are my real passion. I'd like a nice woodrail, but there are hardly any over here in the UK. Might have to import one at some time in the future.

#4505 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

And if anyone has a Joker Poker EM

Now that's a piggy bank breaker, there goes some serious coin.............

Ken

#4506 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Have yet to find a better one than Surf Side in terms of rules and opportunities for crazy last-second turnabouts.

You forgot to mention how pretty it is.

#4507 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I got a BLY Surfers and it has been "Herbertized" ;
got it in a trade.

I wish I had your backglass to your 64 Big Top. Or at least BGresto had a scan of it. I have never played a Bally Surfers and hopefully one day I will.

#4508 4 years ago

Looks real fun...buy it Dan!

and no I'm not an enabler........much.

Ken

#4509 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I got a BLY Surfers and it has been "Herbertized"

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Looks real fun...buy it Dan!
and no I'm not an enabler........much.

Me neither.

http://www.fabfan.com/portfolio_large.cfm?category=75&PictureID=2244

#4510 4 years ago

that probably is it on fabfan site

#4511 4 years ago

The last couple of weeks have been pin-crazy. I had cleared out a lot of the project backlog, only to refill most of it quickly. But the best thing is, not one CL deal in the bunch. All due to great folks in the hobby instead, with lots of help getting games picked up and transported (you know who you are - thanks!).

2015May2115 003.JPG 2015May2115 019.JPG 2015May25 002.JPG 2015May31 004.JPG 2015May31 007.JPG
#4512 4 years ago

The current queue.

image.jpg

#4513 4 years ago

MikeO, what games are those, left to right? That third one from the left looks interesting with the 7 drop.lanes.

#4514 4 years ago
Quoted from Mikala:

MikeO, what games are those, left to right? That third one from the left looks interesting with the 7 drop.lanes.

Left to right.

Outer Space
North Star
Kings & Queens
Crosstown

#4515 4 years ago

No love for ARGOSY !

W T F guys

#4516 4 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

No love for ARGOSY !
W T F guys

Sorry about that saw your post meant to comment and got side tracked! Very nice looking game I've never played one but now its on my radar.

#4517 4 years ago

Levi often mentions Argosy is one of his favorite EMs. Interesting layout. Looks like fun.

#4518 4 years ago

LOL...

thanks its a totally cool game

Fun, Fun, Fun too

#4519 4 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

No love for ARGOSY !

one of the last EMs produced
Had one for a short while that i found at a garage sale,
ended up giving it to the PPM about 4 yrs ago
since i was not emotionally attached to it.

#4520 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

It's more fun to compete! (seriously) I am tired of beating the snot out of 1 player wedgeheads. I then turn to my left (hey how's your game going?) and then turn to my right (are you having a fun time?) I would rather be playing a 3 player game. I invite you to have at least one multiplayer in your collection. Top Card and Triple Strike could be folded up or traded off. The rest of your games are keepers IMHO. I am jealous of your Bally games like "Surfer"

I've owned them in the past. I had Surf Champ, and I had Big Indian, and I sold them both. I liked them both, but I just decided to concentrate more on single players. I'm usually the only one playing my games, so the allure of multiplayers isn't that great for me. I will say, for multiplayers, I thought both of them were very good games, especially Surf Champ. That one I regret a bit. Big Indian, to me, wasn't as good a player-it wasn't bad, but not great. It was kind of beaten up, backglass was not good, I bought it totally non working and got it going in short order and then got my money out of it, so it was good for that if nothing else.

I do own a multiplayer-Pinball Pool. I know it's SS, but System 1 Gottlieb games are about as close to EM play in an SS that you can find. Outside of the score displays and the beep/boop electronic score sounds, the play is basically EM with DC power. Hell, the early System 1 games even still had the EM chimes.

Top Card could be in the conversation, but there's a major hitch-I just sprung for a playfield restoration for it. I like the game that much. After I do the swap, it's going to be a keeper, for me, for a long time. I'll never get out of it what I've got in it, but that's ok, I rarely get games with the idea of what I can get out of them down the line. It's a hobby, hobbies cost money, it's not a business. If I sell a game and make money, great. If I lose some, that's ok too. It's about the game and the hobby to me.

Triple Strike isn't necessarily the best player of the group, but it's a pretty darned good game, and the features are pretty cool with the extra ball capability and the bonus holdover feature. I need to up the high score levels on mine, it's a bit too easy right now. I put a lot of time and effort into the total restoration of it and that makes it hard, at least for me, to let go real easily.

Thanks for the comments on the games. Surfers is a really fun player, it's fairly rare given that they made less than 1000 of them. The artwork is great, it plays superbly. Someday I might restore the cab on it but for now it's good enough that I'm just leaving it alone. When I finish one of my restores I might store it away for awhile, but it will never leave.

#4521 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I do own a multiplayer-Pinball Pool. I know it's SS, but System 1 Gottlieb games are about as close to EM play in an SS that you can find. Outside of the score displays and the beep/boop electronic score sounds, the play is basically EM with DC power. Hell, the early System 1 games even still had the EM chimes

AGREED

Quoted from EMsInKC:

Thanks for the comments on the games. Surfers is a really fun player, it's fairly rare given that they made less than 1000 of them. The artwork is great, it plays superbly. Someday I might restore the cab on it but for now it's good enough that I'm just leaving it alone. When I finish one of my restores I might store it away for awhile, but it will never leave.

*snaps fingers* I will find a Surfers for sale at some point.

If you were to go out and purchase another multiplayer EM...what would it be?

#4522 4 years ago

If you like Surfers also have a look at Cosmos and Rocket III (though I'm on the hunt for a Dixieland).

#4523 4 years ago

Dixieland surprised me. There isn't really that much to shoot for but the unique features make it a lot of fun.

#4524 4 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

If you like Surfers also have a look at Cosmos and Rocket III (though I'm on the hunt for a Dixieland).

I have Rocket III and several Zipper Flipper Bally machines on my want list. I hope to get to play both Dixieland, Rocket III and Cosmos at some point.

#4525 4 years ago

Tonight's clean up :

Along with its sibling ARGOSY ! image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4526 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

AGREED

*snaps fingers* I will find a Surfers for sale at some point.
If you were to go out and purchase another multiplayer EM...what would it be?

Good luck finding a Surfers. With the low production number they're pretty rare.

The answer to your question is easy. Grand Prix. After that, it's a tossup between Jet Spin and Surf Champ (which as noted I already owned and somewhat regret selling) and after that, maybe a 60s Gottlieb multiplayer.

#4527 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Good luck finding a Surfers. With the low production number they're pretty rare.
The answer to your question is easy. Grand Prix. After that, it's a tossup between Jet Spin and Surf Champ (which as noted I already owned and somewhat regret selling) and after that, maybe a 60s Gottlieb multiplayer.

I sold one for $50 a year ago, not my cup of tea. It was a project though with a trashed BG.

#4528 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

that probably is it on fabfan site

Question. It doesn't look like it from the picture on Herb's site, but does the game have black spatter on it?

Mine, with the original paint, does. Spatter, and here and there a web or two.

Whoever owned mine prior to me buying it painted a lot of the white on the front of the cab black. The rest is as it came from the factory, minus a touchup or two that I have done. I'm not sure how that happened because I got the game from an operator in 1971. I never met the actual operator, just the guy selling the game.

I used to think I liked all the chrome that Herb does. Then I worked on a game for a guy that had a Herb restored game and I kind of changed my mind. It's just a bit much for me. Too bright. Bright nickel is much better, much warmer. If I replate anything, that's what it gets from me.

#4529 4 years ago

I owned 3 games in the late 90's that I bought from Herb. Bank A Ball, King of Diamonds and Fireball. At the time I loved this look. In current times I think it is overkill. I wouldn't mind it on a Bally machine though..it looked nice from what I remember.

#4530 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I'm not sure how that happened because I got the game from an operator in 1971.

So you really never plan to part with that one...

#4531 4 years ago

This is an interesting game as it has only four GI bulbs in it. Two in the backbox and two in the thumper bumpers. Every other bulb goes on or off depending on what happens during gameplay.

The numbers on the right of the backglass start out lit and go out as you make each hole and the letters Pinky light up as you make the corresponding lane shots. The bulbs under the playfield plastics go on to indicate a higher score at that bumper if the correct insert at the bottom of the playfield is lit.

The inserts at the bottom wheel change as you hit the rollover button. It is also lit for special if you complete all numbers and letters and the upper right skill lane lights for special after completing just the six numbered holes.

DSCN3700.JPG

DSCN3703.JPG

#4532 4 years ago

These other recent arrivals are also getting plenty of play. They all worked near perfect upon arrival. Except for small scrub under the flippers, Teacher's Pet playfield is smooth as glass. Like new. The others are very nice as well. The bucket came from Home Depot.

DSCN3710.JPG

DSCN3713.JPG

#4533 4 years ago

I just finished the restoration of my Charlie's Angels.

I put it in the right place : between the wine cellar and the Centigrade 37 !

Em_CA.jpg

----------------------------------------------------

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500

http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

#4534 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The bucket came from Home Depot.

You should not have to worry about water dripping out of the "Surf Side".

#4535 4 years ago

Here are 4 of the 5 I keep at home in my living room (Space Odyssey is in my bedroom, yes I'm a bachelor). Gtb's Pro Pool, Dancing Dolls, Surf Champ and Hi-Diver.
The woodrails have been seen in this thread before, till I pried them from DirtFlipper. image.jpg

#4536 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is an interesting game as it has only four GI bulbs in it. Two in the backbox and two in the thumper bumpers. Every other bulb goes on or off depending on what happens during gameplay.
The numbers on the right of the backglass start out lit and go out as you make each hole and the letters Pinky light up as you make the corresponding lane shots. The bulbs under the playfield plastics go on to indicate a higher score at that bumper if the correct insert at the bottom of the playfield is lit.
The inserts at the bottom wheel change as you hit the rollover button. It is also lit for special if you complete all numbers and letters and the upper right skill lane lights for special after completing just the six numbered holes.
DSCN3700.JPG
DSCN3703.JPG

Gotta love those inverted flippers!

#4537 4 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

I just finished the restoration of my Charlie's Angels.
I put it in the right place : between the wine cellar and the Centigrade 37 !
Em_CA.jpg
Gottlieb SPACE WALK

A friend of mine promised to get me one Charlie's Angels.... My fingers are crossed!

#4538 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

A friend of mine promised to get me one Charlie's Angels.... My fingers are crossed!

Mine are crossed for you too !

Gottlieb SPACE WALK

#4539 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The bucket was there to catch my buddies tears when he loses by 10 pts.

#4540 4 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I know there were better ways to send water from Texas to California. I couldn't help myself.

#4541 4 years ago

New pics for a new pin coming up...

Just gotta get it outta the truck

#4542 4 years ago

Her she is. Rescued from a non pin family. Typical of what you would expect from people who know nothing about pins. She will be as good as new and 100%. Very very soon. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#4543 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

So you really never plan to part with that one...

Never. If I was ever in dire straits financially is about the only way it would ever happen.

God forbid it ever does, but if it ever happened, I'll let you know you can buy it.

#4544 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Never. If I was ever in dire straits financially is about the only way it would ever happen.
God forbid it ever does, but if it ever happened, I'll let you know you can buy it.

Too bad Slick Chick is not in your want list. I am hoping to trade my cherry Slick Chick for some Bally(s) zipper flipper games.

#4545 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am hoping to trade my cherry Slick Chick for some Bally(s) zipper flipper games.

Dan - I thought you already traded Slick Chick away around TPF? Did it come back home to roost?

You should have no problem finding a willing trader of zipper flipper game(s) for your SC.

#4546 4 years ago

Slick Chick has been in my roost the entire time. It just doesn't get much play anymore. Every time I crank it up I have games at 1800+ It looks pretty but it is time for it to find another home. I want to find games like Capersville, The Wiggler, 4 Million BC, Surfer.

#4547 4 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Too bad Slick Chick is not in your want list. I am hoping to trade my cherry Slick Chick for some Bally(s) zipper flipper games.

I can't think of a game I want bad enough to let it go. Not for a Grand Prix, Jacks Open or even any of the Williams reverse wedgeheads.

Not because it's such a great player, although I think it's very good. It just has tons of sentimental value to me, along with the fact that I like the play.

#4548 4 years ago

My Slick Chick didn't last very long. It went the way of Buckaroo and KoD....

#4549 4 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I can't think of a game I want bad enough to let it go. Not for a Grand Prix, Jacks Open or even any of the Williams reverse wedgeheads.
Not because it's such a great player, although I think it's very good. It just has tons of sentimental value to me, along with the fact that I like the play.

It's understandable man. Just let me know if you change your mind.

#4550 4 years ago

Since you're in a Bally mood, here's a few of an Odds and Evens I restored. It was almost a complete playfield repaint, and it was so extensive and taxed my meager skills so much I've sworn off ever doing another playfield repaint. I'm fine with cab repaints and extensive mechanical work, and I'll touch them up, but this one just wore me out. It was cleared with polycrylic. I sold it a couple of years ago. One shot has bit of the Surfers in it. restored apron.jpgOE roulette damage before.jpgOE diamonds after clear.jpgOE roulette full after.jpgOE playfield after.jpgOE left sling before.jpgcenter pf after.jpgcompleted in place.jpgOE odds kickout before 2.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside