20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 275.
#3851 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

The bells the bells!
Hey Rat, you are turning into quite the restorer with that perseverance to get your bell up to standard. Well done, and I got to learn from the group something else. Win win win.

You're welcome Steve!

#3852 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveinTexas:

Joel,
Mal, just linked me to this thread. Your Nags is outstanding another reference point for my restore. Mal is helping me with the platter artwork. How the ball fires of the bumpers in the video has made my morning. Other Nags in YouTube videos were not quite as poppy, and concerned me, now I know what can be attained.
I bid on a Nags cabinet recently on eBay as the colors were still so good but it got too rich with shipping costs. I want to keep the paint as original as possible. I have a good game that will need some touch up so no big deal.

Steve,
Thanks for the compliments. I'm happy to share any high res pictures or advice that I have that may help. You noticed that our EM community is pleased to assist each other in any way. Rat is a great resource. He, among many others on Pinside, have been wonderful cyberfriends to me. We've communicated off line, and although I never met him personally, I feel like I know him well.

Since part of this thread is talking about "bells," I had wondered about adding bells to the 10/100 point relays in the head of the Nags. The machine doesn't come with any factory installed bells, but a friend of mine did modify his Nags with 3" bells. His machine sounds more pinball-like with them, but on the other hand, his pop bumpers do not have quite the same punch as mine. I have to think that adding an extra bell or two has to put some strain on the transformer, so I'm likely not going to mess around and keep it original. Same with the cabinet paint - scratches and dings are expected after 55 years and if you can get away with some tasteful touchups, that's great. You are only original once.

#3853 9 years ago

Here is my Williams Grand Prix!

100_9940.JPG100_9940.JPG

100_9961.JPG100_9961.JPG

100_9965.JPG100_9965.JPG

#3854 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

a real boxing bell!!! WAY cool!!!
the discussion of retrofitting one of those into a machine came up recently... that would be a rather cool mod if it could be made to fit...

Hi Chris,
Didn't see the other discussion about retrofitting a boxing bell. As far as I am concerned, the louder the better. You are talking to a guy who used to drive around with glass packs.

I'm sure if I saw the thread...... (don't)
I likely would....... (please don't say it)
.....have chimed in.....

You are 40 minutes from my place. Come over and visit...

Joel

#3855 9 years ago

Damn. Just....damn. I couldn't let this photo just die on my little thread.

FB_IMG_1426975085388.jpgFB_IMG_1426975085388.jpg
#3856 9 years ago

Frax is that a restoration you did? Looks great! What playfield is that?

#3857 9 years ago

jst1499, gorgeous Grand Prix!

#3858 9 years ago

nice work!!!!!!!!!!!!
that is most purple gottlieb ever used

#3859 9 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Frax is that a restoration you did? Looks great! What playfield is that?

it's the Crescendo I am working on right now. The roached playfield is what came in the game. The nice one was a "decent" core, and we frisket cut and airbrushed the whole bloody thing, except the D Gottlieb logo area. Lots of UV reactive highlights in there too. Local collector did the clear for me. I am trying to get it ready before tpf lol. Here is a pic of the backglass...love it.

20150321_171305.jpg20150321_171305.jpg
#3860 9 years ago

Nice Grand Prix Jst1499, I had a tough choice to make last month between a Grand Prix and a Aztec. Both were a 18 hour RT to pick up. When the Aztec guy said he was coming my way in April and would bring it along, I went with the Aztec. The GP will just have to wait.

#3861 9 years ago

This just Landed at my house today.

Ken

Sky Jump Home 003.JPGSky Jump Home 003.JPG Sky Jump Home 002.JPGSky Jump Home 002.JPG
#3862 9 years ago

Nice choice/find Ken. I heartily approve.

#3863 9 years ago

Way to go Ken! I put a lot of games on Sky Jump back in my youth.

#3864 9 years ago

I do believe Steve Austin plays a game of Sky Jump with Cathy Rigby in season 3-19. He loses. A fun fact for you to tell people when you finish the game. I will leave it up to the young bucks to try and figure out who these people are. Lol

#3865 9 years ago

Great purchase Ken-congrats. Sky Jump seems to have become a very sought after machine.

#3866 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Nice choice/find Ken. I heartily approve.

Quoted from hoov:

Way to go Ken! I put a lot of games on Sky Jump back in my youth.

Quoted from wayner:

Great purchase Ken-congrats. Sky Jump seems to have become a very sought after machine.

Thanks guys!

Quoted from Mikala:

do believe Steve Austin plays a game of Sky Jump with Cathy Rigby in season 3-19. He loses. A fun fact for you to tell people when you finish the game. I will leave it up to the young bucks to try and figure out who these people are. Lol

Great fun fact. Now I have to see that episode.

Ken

#3867 9 years ago

I can't wait to put some games on Sky Jump

#3868 9 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Hi Chris,
Didn't see the other discussion about retrofitting a boxing bell. As far as I am concerned, the louder the better. You are talking to a guy who used to drive around with glass packs.
I'm sure if I saw the thread...... (don't)
I likely would....... (please don't say it)
.....have chimed in.....
You are 40 minutes from my place. Come over and visit...
Joel

i would have been disappointed had you not punned there...

damned if i remember which thread (probably the cl one), but alex posted a pic of one and we briefly theorized about modding one in to something like a "knock out" (or similarly themed game)... i thought a bit more about it, and while it might be tough to fit it actually in the machine, i think it would be relatively easy to fabricate some type of mount for the head, stick it there, and run a wire out to it...

thanks for the invite, i will definitely take you up on that...

#3869 9 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

jst1499, gorgeous Grand Prix!

+1

This is a 70's Williams multi-player I'd like to own again. Max spinner action!

#3870 9 years ago

8000 miles from Chile to France for my Charlie's Angels EM.

Much more pictures, here :

http://www.retro-flip.com/t6729-Le-CHARLIE-S-ANGELS-le-GRAAL-des-Gottlieb-4-joueurs.htm?q=

P1060705.JPGP1060705.JPG

P1060692.JPGP1060692.JPG

P1060587.JPGP1060587.JPG

P1060704.JPGP1060704.JPG

P1060700.JPGP1060700.JPG

P1060711.JPGP1060711.JPG

P1060708.JPGP1060708.JPG

----------------------------------------------------

Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500

http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

#3871 9 years ago

that is on most RARE collectors want list. most would not foot the bill to have it shipped that far.
looks pretty good compared to some I have seen in the past.

#3872 9 years ago

just received and set up this beautiful bally skyrocket. the former owner is member Firepower and dealing with him couldn't have been better.
it's set up in the basement where i'm running out of room.
the rest of the pics are of most of my other pins. sorta hidden by a post is a lucky hand with a restored capersville playfield resting on it.
cool vid of another skyrocket in action showing the skyrocket feature. interestingly the skyrocket stepper is controlled by an electric motor as opposed to a solenoid for a smooth light sequence. first time i've seen that used before and there's a couple other bally's that use it.
the flash from the cam washed out the colors pretty well on the skyrocket. they're much more vibrant in person.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
YouTube link:

#3873 9 years ago

Great collection, beadwindow! I'm heading down your way on Saturday to (hopefully) pick up a nice-looking Gottlieb Fast Draw.

#3874 9 years ago

Thanks and good luck on the Fast Draw!

#3875 9 years ago

My Chinatown was missing the apron cardboard and also the instructions. I ordered a repro cardboard from PBR. You have to trim the cardboard to the right size for your apron. IMG_7594.jpgIMG_7594.jpg

I couldn't find an instruction card to print anywhere, but I did find a one for Skill-pool on Inkochnito's instruction card site on pinballrebel. I typed the text from a picture on pinrepair site into the Skill-Pool template to make instructions for Chinatown. Here's how it turned out. IMG_7607.jpgIMG_7607.jpg

I couldn't bring myself to staple it down to the apron so I used a glue stick I found in my wifes craft stuff. IMG_7603.jpgIMG_7603.jpg

I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

#3876 9 years ago

Nice job. I bought one of those aprons for a Gtb Quartette I used to own. They're a good product.

#3877 9 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

8000 miles from Chile to France for my Charlie's Angels EM.

Congrats Andrew-a great find & I am so happy you found one!!
----------------------------------------------------
Wanted : Dead or Alive - In any condition
Gottlieb SPACE WALK
You find, you win : REWARD USD 500
http://www.facebook.com/kangourou.flipper?fref=ts

#3878 9 years ago

Surf Side got some new metal tonight. It only took me 3 hours to change out the coin door but I got it done.

_surfsidenewdoor.jpg_surfsidenewdoor.jpg _surfsideold.jpg_surfsideold.jpg
#3879 9 years ago

Though technically not a traditional pinball machine per se- I just picked up a 1949 Bally Lexington- super stoked about this game! works and plays great - I need to do some research and get a few dozen more rolls of nickles!
// Error: Image 378750 not found //
034.JPG034.JPG
035.JPG035.JPG
036.JPG036.JPG

065.JPG065.JPG

031-394.JPG031-394.JPG 066-371.JPG066-371.JPG
#3880 9 years ago

Nice, shiny new coin door, Rat! Shiny =Good.

#3881 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Surf Side got some new metal tonight.

That looks fantastic! I've been debating about replacing the coin door on World Fair, but just kept talking myself out of it. Now seeing yours I think I'm going to be emailing PBR....

#3882 9 years ago
Quoted from slawnski:

Though technically not a traditional pinball machine per se- I just picked up a 1949 Bally Lexington- super stoked about this game! works and plays great - I need to do some research and get a few dozen more rolls of nickles!

I love the artwork - looks beautiful. I have to laugh at the "No Minors Allowed". My son asked me about this on my Chinatown. I had to try to explain to him how "back in the day" folks thought these games would corrupt our youth. He just looked at me like I was stupid/crazy...

#3883 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Surf Side got some new metal tonight. It only took me 3 hours to change out the coin door but I got it done.

_surfsidenewdoor.jpg (Click image to enlarge)
_surfsideold.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

Dammit, those doors from PBR look NICE!
I need three.... then once you put the door on, the coin drop housing looks shabby, & on &on. Where does the madness stop?

#3884 9 years ago

Here's the latest tenants in the Pinball cabin- Side by side. :applause:Just finished the Lucky Hand and have to say I may prefer it to it's replay counterpart next to it. I've included a close up of the back glass where you can see a bit of light leaking thru the opaque areas. (not dissing Ron's work, really, really nice, just was talked about recently on another thread). Also for bonus points: Can you spot at least 12 differences between the two back glass?

20150324_190818.jpg20150324_190818.jpg 20150324_190835.jpg20150324_190835.jpg 20150324_190743.jpg20150324_190743.jpg
#3885 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Dammit, those doors from PBR look NICE!
I need three.... then once you put the door on, the coin drop housing looks shabby, & on &on. Where does the madness stop?

They are really well done!

The only thing holding me back from picking a couple more up for my machines is that no one seems to sell the hinge for the door anymore and a rusty hinge doesn't look right with a new door (silly, I know, but I really notice it on my Flying Carpet that has one of those new doors).

#3886 9 years ago

Just found. Picking it up Saturday20150321_121104.jpg20150321_121104.jpg20150321_121052.jpg20150321_121052.jpg20150321_121110.jpg20150321_121110.jpg

#3887 9 years ago
Quoted from jjpm:

The only thing holding me back from picking a couple more up for my machines is that no one seems to sell the hinge for the door anymore and a rusty hinge doesn't look right with a new door (silly, I know, but I really notice it on my Flying Carpet that has one of those new doors).

You can always sand/polish a rusty hinge to make it look better.

#3888 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Here's the latest tenants in the Pinball cabin- Side by side. :applause:Just finished the Lucky Hand and have to say I may prefer it to it's replay counterpart next to it.

Very Nice indeed Stashyboy!

Oh and if you ever get tired of that Jacks Open let me know, I happen to have it on my Wishlist.

Ken

#3889 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Very Nice indeed Stashyboy!
Oh and if you ever get tired of that Jacks Open let me know, I happen to have it on my Wishlist.
Ken

Thanks Ken,
JO is already spoken for 'as soon as I tire of it' to quote the local collector!
The JO has no mercy, the open elbows eat your ball (no wise cracks on that one), where as the Lucky hand is a bit more forgiving. Not sure why, exact same layout......

#3890 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Also for bonus points: Can you spot at least 12 differences between the two back glass?

1. Lucky Hand/Jacks Open
2. Balls to Play/Ball in Play
3. Tilt Light in different location
4. Previous Score to Beat/ Replay Window
5. 100,000 light in different spots
6. Girl on right has white pants in Lucky Hand - red in Jacks Open
7. Queen not holding cards in right hand
8. Spades have holes
9. Looks to be rolls of poker chips or cylinders/barrels
10. Coat pointed on JO
11. Coat has different pattern
12. Lucky Hand has wider neck - wider pattern on band at top of her shirt
13. Lucky Hand letters come all the way down to guy holding card below A
14. Score is different
15. Her head is straighter on Lucky Hand
16. Has a vertical band w/playing cards coming down below her neck band
17. No Game Over light on Lucky Hand
18. Guy in back left has yellow pants/guy in Jacks Open has blue pants

#3891 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

1. Lucky Hand/Jacks Open
2. Balls to Play/Ball in Play
3. Tilt Light in different location
4. Previous Score to Beat/ Replay Window
5. 100,000 light in different spots
6. Girl on right has white pants in Lucky Hand - red in Jacks Open
7. Queen not holding cards in right hand
8. Spades have holes
9. Looks to be rolls of poker chips or cylinders/barrels
10. Coat pointed on JO
11. Coat has different pattern
12. Lucky Hand has wider neck - wider pattern on band at top of her shirt
13. Lucky Hand letters come all the way down to guy holding card below A
14. Score is different
15. Her head is straighter on Lucky Hand
16. Has a vertical band w/playing cards coming down below her neck band
17. No Game Over light on Lucky Hand
18. Guy in back left has yellow pants/guy in Jacks Open has blue pants

Nice Hoov! Glad you took the bait. They basically had to do a bunch of mods for the LH glass to make room for all those novelty play numbers (hence the Queen is more upright/towards the right, no cards/hand), and also the "bullets" coming thru the card suits light up the 'Wows'. I take exception to your number 17 though, there is a 'Game Over' light on LH, just blinking when pic taken. I came up with about 14 when I looked at them, so you did well!

#3892 9 years ago
Quoted from jjpm:

Evaporust - This shit works!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cult-of-evaporust

#3893 9 years ago
Quoted from jjpm:

I also find a quick abrasive blast works well.

#3894 9 years ago

Royal Guard gave up smoking tonight. I changed all the nicotine laden playfield posts (don't give a flying truck about the PBR repro debate...I like 'em). The game also got new fan target decals and roll over lane guides. The playfield now has a nice pop to it.

IMG_1675.JPGIMG_1675.JPG IMG_1673.JPGIMG_1673.JPG IMG_1674.JPGIMG_1674.JPG
#3895 9 years ago

Nice job. Looking good!

#3896 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Royal Guard gave up smoking tonight. I changed all the nicotine laden playfield posts (don't give a flying truck about the PBR repro debate...I like 'em). The game also got new fan target decals and roll over lane guides. The playfield now has a nice pop to it.
What about the pop bumper bodies? It's like the metal thing, once you start, it's hard to stop with the upgrades!

#3897 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

IMG_1675.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_1673.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
IMG_1674.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Nice!! I should do that on my Royal Guard. Your playfield looks nice & bright, are you using some leds?

#3898 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Please save the old parts for someone else to re-use (even those old coin doors!).

#3899 9 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

just received and set up this beautiful bally skyrocket

Skyrocket is a great game, and looks like you got a prime example.

#3900 9 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Nice job. Looking good!

Thanks!

Quoted from stashyboy:

What about the pop bumper bodies? It's like the metal thing, once you start, it's hard to stop with the upgrades!

I had forgotten to order them from PBR when I did my two initial orders a few weeks ago to get this machine ready for Texas Pinball Festival. I will end up ordering them along with a coin door for it next month.

Quoted from poppapin:

Nice!! I should do that on my Royal Guard. Your playfield looks nice & bright, are you using some leds?

Nope. The old rollover guides didn't show much light through them and were so nicotine stained. These new guides really let the #47 bulbs shine through.

Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Please save the old parts for someone else to re-use (even those old coin doors!).

Pinside52 (Ken) gets most of old parts. He has a nice credit plan for old parts. I turn that credit towards parts needed for Texas Pinball Festival like 5 and 3 inch rubbers I ran out of and flipper parts like coil stops.

The festival this year should be a real blast. Everyone is in a good and helpful mood. You can sense everyone's excitement. There should be at least 10 more EMs than there were last year. I think last year we had about 25 or so? People are really bringing some choice stuff. We even get to see more woodrails besides the one or two that Bob Herbison brings every year. Competition for ribbons is going to be tight knit this year. Only a few more days! It feels like Christmas! I can't wait!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Murrells Inlet, SC
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Alpine, CALIFORNIA
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

9,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Weeki Wachee, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

£ 39.00
$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Salem, OR
Gameroom - Decorations
Pin Art

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.