20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 275.
#3651 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I have a place for those!

Don't we all! (at least some of us)

#3652 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Wow, these big collectors make me feel sane

At what figure does collecting pins become hoarding?

???

Collecting in my opinion means having games set up and playing. Most everyone then has so many games in que waiting to be restored so lets estimate 25% of collection again in storage. I have been in a large metal building that held a personal collection that had 100 games set up. He wasn't hoarding - he had them all playing. Pretty good for that large of a collection.

Now, let's say someone had 500 pins and 100 we're set up and playing in his collection - do the other 400 qualify as hoarding? Does that mean those 400 pins are not available to others in the hobby because they're being hoarded? Some have dreams of placing their games in a museum so maybe in that case it's hoarding for later. Just curious as to what others think.

#3653 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

When you have to call Steve Young twice in the same day.

#3654 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When you have to call Steve Young twice in the same day.

I did that today......but contacted Jimmy....so maybe I'm OK after all............

Ken

#3655 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

If someone has duplicates in similar condition - I say sell one or it hoarding. I'm still looking for my first pin to go along with my MAME cab, with no such luck yet! :/

#3656 9 years ago

When I had 2 machines an American neighbour accused me of hoarding. He has 3 dogs so I suggested he was the one hoarding under his own criteria!!

#3657 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Now, let's say someone had 500 pins and 100 we're set up and playing in his collection - do the other 400 qualify as hoarding? Does that mean those 400 pins are not available to others in the hobby because they're being hoarded? Some have dreams of placing their games in a museum so maybe in that case it's hoarding for later. Just curious as to what others think.

Hoarding has different meaning to everyone. If your quality of life is effected by your hoard, a true hoarder would say that all is fine.
500 pins with 400 in storage is not hoarding if the stored pins are protected from the environment, protected from damage, treated with respect, and are in some sort of order. As long as the stored games are not effecting the collectors family or neighbours. If you and the owner of the 400 stored games, can pick a game at random. Then he can direct you to it without walking on top of other pins or loose pin parts. I would not call that hoarding.

#3658 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

When I had 2 machines an American neighbour accused me of hoarding. He has 3 dogs so I suggested he was the one hoarding under his own criteria!!

Geesh wayne,

If you ever get up to 10 what would he think?

#3660 9 years ago

In a previous job I had to go into peoples homes to work.

I went into a home of an elderly couple who had collected so much stuff in boxes that they were stacked almost to the ceiling and there were little paths through the house to go from one room to another. I had to literally step over 2 ft. of boxes just to take my tools through the kitchen doorway. Repairman's nightmare.

That was hoarding!

#3661 9 years ago

Love those EM games just added an EM shuffle lane to the collection

NCM_0421.JPGNCM_0421.JPG
#3662 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Following a much appreciated reference by illawarra92 I picked up today a Gottlieb Spin Out (I am a revhead from wayback) from Michael Shalhoub who had purchased this machine from a dealer in Chicago about 10 years ago.
The machine is fully operational although I will probably return the transformer from high to normal connectivity. Interestingly two US 110V Transformers are installed in series. Does this mean 2x110=220V?
The machine requires quite a deal of cosmetic attention cabinet touch-up; pedestal repaint; replace bottom board; clean & wax playfield; install playmeter, tilt, coin mechanisms & cash box; seal & touch-up backglass; refinish coin door & coin entry plate.

Was great to meet you last Monday Wayne and glad you're happy with this game..also cool to see another Aussie in greenechidna on pinside

#3663 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Geesh wayne,
If you ever get up to 10 what would he think?

10 machines are far more quiet than 3 dogs Dave so he has stayed quiet!!

Quoted from illawarra92:

Was great to meet you last Monday Wayne and glad you're happy with this game..also cool to see another Aussie in greenechidna on pinside

Thks Tony & the good news is greenedchidna is buying my Pro Football
& will be picking it up Sat.
I am really stoked this afternoon because the Spin Out backglass flaking issue has been resolved. Yesterday I applied the 'triple treat' using Clays method of gladwrap to flatted the flaking-that worked a treat! Today I did the touch ups and much to my amazement (I have had little success with backglass resto previously) it turned out terrific and I will not need to call Steve at bgresto. That makes me super happy.

#3664 9 years ago

Yeah, I'm stoked with the Pro F and I've even seen a Wild Wild West in the for sale section, so Pinside has been a nice find for me.

Finally got Sky Jump resetting and playing all 5 balls. So far I've unruined the ball count unit and a decagon unit. Now to work through the bonus system and make everything score properly.

#3665 9 years ago

Appears mice ate the wire to the bonus bank reset coil....replaced that and everything came back. Chimes done but knocker still held on so replay unit next, which appears to be held together with filth and rat urine.....yay

#3666 9 years ago

I figured I would share a video I made this evening of my 1966 Gottlieb Central Park. Enjoy! (Make sure you click the arrow and up the video to 1080 or 2160p hi res)

#3667 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

1966 Gottlieb Central Park. Enjoy!

You got me really excited with that video Dan! Your monkey was really going to town! Your video was so clear and awesome it was like I could almost touch your monkey!

Ken

#3668 9 years ago

Ken what are you doing this weekend? Would you like to come over? Just text or call me. You are always welcome to come over and play the game before TPF.

#3669 9 years ago

Nice CP! You might consider doubling the rings on the flippers.

#3670 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Nice CP! You might consider doubling the rings on the flippers.

Brand new flipper rebuild, low 30k plays. 3 coats of fresh wax, new rubbers, everything rebuilt. I don't need double rings on my flipper bats. Everyone seems to like it that way but I don't. I can slap the ball very hard up the side past the first pop bumper and high into the bullseye targets with ease.

#3671 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Brand new flipper rebuild, low 30k plays. 3 coats of fresh wax, new rubbers, everything rebuilt. I don't need double rings on my flipper bats. Everyone seems to like it that way but I don't. I can slap the ball very hard up the side past the first pop bumper and high into the bullseye targets with ease.

I get that, but it's more about protecting the nice flippers from cracking.

(you'll see double rings on the flyer for CP, FWIW.)

#3672 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ken what are you doing this weekend? Would you like to come over? Just text or call me. You are always welcome to come over and play the game before TPF.

Ha, Ken talks about touching your monkey and you ask what he's doing this weekend. I couldn't help but chuckle reading that.

#3673 9 years ago

Nice Central Park Rat!!!!!

I miss mine.

#3674 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Sounds like fun. Let me see how my schedule is and I will call you.

Ken

#3675 9 years ago

Got another yesterday:
ship ahoy.JPGship ahoy.JPG

#3676 9 years ago
Quoted from iron00monkey:

Got another yesterday:

Congrats Scott!

Trying out your AAB skills now huh?

The Spinner is everything on that game and fun to nail!

Ken

#3677 9 years ago

Ya,

traded a project solid-state machine that I was sick of working on for it. The spinner is a lot of fun! I also like those shots on the far sides of the upper playfield.

Now I need a game with drop targets!

#3678 9 years ago

Now I need a game with drop targets!

You have Triple Strike for Drop targets. Once that game is dialed in it is super fun!

Ken

#3679 9 years ago

Got another yesterday:
ship ahoy.JPG

Congrats! Looks nice...

#3680 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

You have Triple Strike for Drop targets. Once that game is dialed in it is super fun!
Ken

Wheee!!!

#3681 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Congrats! Looks nice...

Thank you sir!

#3682 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

You got me really excited with that video Dan! Your monkey was really going to town! Your video was so clear and awesome it was like I could almost touch your monkey!
Ken

Well Ken made it over on Saturday afternoon. Earlier in the morning I was bummed out that the yellow target was not scoring and kept locking in and was about to fry the coil. Ken arrived and for the first hour we both found that the gaps in relays were correct. We traced the red and white wire everywhere in the game. We finally unplugged the jones plug and reseated it. Fired up a game and the yellow target would give a 5 second pause before it would score. We took out the jones plug again (I had used sandpaper to clean the plugs 2 months prior) and this time used some 90% iso to clean the plugs. We then fired it back up and BAM! Everything is so responsive! The game truly is remarkable! Ken and I played all my games for the next hour or so. It seems Ken really likes my North Star. He made it sing and dance as he lit up all the rollovers and all 3 specials. I had only done that myself in 2 or 3 games in the hundreds I have played.

#3683 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

Triple strike needs a little cabinet love before it's ready to join the othersimage.jpgimage.jpg

#3684 9 years ago

Triple strike needs a little cabinet love before it's ready to join the others

No Doubt!

No fear through, It is not that hard to replace with a new and better bottom panel. Check out my 1973 Williams Gulfstream thread for some pointers:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1973-williams-gulfstream-restoration-project-done

Ken

#3685 9 years ago

Already have!

#3686 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

No Doubt!
No Fear through, It is not that hard to replace with a new and better bottom panel. Check out my 1973 Williams Gulfstream thread for some pointers:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1973-williams-gulfstream-restoration-project-done
Ken

On replacing the bottom board Ken I could not pick up from the pics how you handled installation of the bottom board in terms of the cab rebate without removing the cab backboard per Clays guide or did you add a new fixing timber around the cab perimeter. I would appreciate your clarification-thks Wayne.

#3687 9 years ago

Here's some faces.

DSC_0250.JPGDSC_0250.JPG DSC_0249.JPGDSC_0249.JPG DSC_0243.JPGDSC_0243.JPG
#3688 9 years ago

More Faces

DSC_0251.JPGDSC_0251.JPG DSC_0255.JPGDSC_0255.JPG DSC_0254.JPGDSC_0254.JPG DSC_0245.JPGDSC_0245.JPG
#3689 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

On replacing the bottom board Ken I could not pick up from the pics how you handled installation of the bottom board in terms of the cab rebate without removing the cab backboard per Clays guide or did you add a new fixing timber around the cab perimeter. I would appreciate your clarification-thks Wayne.

Check the Gulfstream thread again Wayne as I explained it better in a new post. You might want to check it out too Scott as it may help you to replace your Triple Strike bottom.

Ken

#3690 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well Ken made it over on Saturday afternoon. .

Did he go to town on your monkey?

#3691 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Did he go to town on your monkey?

I had that Monkey ringing that Bell! However I could not touch the Monkey because it was behind the Backglass.

Ken

#3692 9 years ago

Look what "Way2wyrd" aka Jeff is bringing my way.

_RG3.jpg_RG3.jpg
#3693 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ken and I played all my games for the next hour or so. It seems Ken really likes my North Star. He made it sing and dance as he lit up all the rollovers and all 3 specials. I had only done that myself in 2 or 3 games in the hundreds I have played.

Dan has an impressive game lineup of some of the best 60's games IMO. It was a fun time for sure. Here are the pins in order of my favorites to play:

1) Gottlieb North Star - Super fun. The Pop Bumpers scream on this one. I could see this game in my own lineup if I had room.

2) Gottlieb Slick Chick - Another Fun one for sure with all the Pop Bumpers being the objectives.

3) Gottlieb Central Park - Fun but a hard one to get points on, at least for me. Need to get more practice on that one.

4) Gottlieb King of Diamonds - It is fun, but this is a tough one for me to rate still as Dan needs to dial it in some more and I'm not sure if I like the split feeling of upper and lower Playfield, I'll have to do more research.

Ken

#3694 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Look what "Way2wyrd" aka Jeff is bringing my way.

_RG3.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

'Guard' that well.

#3695 9 years ago

Next month after TPF I plan to dig into the machine and figure out why it blows fuses on low tap. If needed I will get a different transformer. I also hate the "small"contact switches that Steve at PBR sent for the kickers. I need to find some used original ones to solder back in. High Tap just flings the ball right into the outlanes as well. I haven't given up on the machine, I just lost interest in the game for now. Just need some motivation to dig into this machine without messing it up.

#3696 9 years ago

I have some bad news. The kickers put the ball in the outlanes on low tap too.

#3697 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

yup... true dat... one of the things you learn real quickly with royal guard is that you HAVE to get the ball off the kickers right away, otherwise it WILL kick into the outlane...

it's part of what makes the game "hard"...

#3698 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Next month after TPF I plan to dig into the machine and figure out why it blows fuses on low tap. If needed I will get a different transformer. I also hate the "small"contact switches that Steve at PBR sent for the kickers. I need to find some used original ones to solder back in. High Tap just flings the ball right into the outlanes as well. I haven't given up on the machine, I just lost interest in the game for now. Just need some motivation to dig into this machine without messing it up.

lots of pics in this thread once you get around to doing it up right...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-almost-afraid-to-clean-this#post-1462914

somewhere in there, there's also a link to emsinkc's restore...

#3699 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

That's where our nudging skills come into play!!

#3700 9 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

That's where our nudging skills come into play!!

I still haven't mastered that after so many years. I have great admiration for those who have good nudging instincts.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Bay Shore, NY
$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

1,799 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Charlottesville, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

£ 31.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

$ 25.00
Various Other Swag
JK Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

£ 37.00
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
1,150 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.