Topic Stats

• 12,208 posts
  • 685 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by jrpinball
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8,003 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E82288B3-510E-48C9-A913-281C5CBC2BAE (resized).jpeg
20200118_141337_resized (resized).jpg
D8E32D9A-DA05-4A3C-937B-DFBA9DB2F771 (resized).jpeg
20200113_223630 (resized).jpg
gm4 (resized).jpg
gm5 (resized).jpg
IMG_2990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
IMG_9421 (resized).jpg
IMG_9354 (resized).jpg
IMG_9349 (resized).jpg
IMG_9427 (resized).jpg
IMG_9417 (resized).jpg
IMG_9416 (resized).jpg

There are 12208 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 245.
#301 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

3 million bc was way ahead of its time...

The one EM I have played the most of all. My uncle in Germany had one in the gameroom of his gasthaus. You can probably guess where I spent a lot of time during that 4 week vacation back in '74.

#302 6 years ago

Here is the last one I brought home back in Dec. I don't really restore them, just clean them up and play them. It had a custom battleship gray paint job and no coin door when I brought it home. I stripped the latex gray paint off, refinished the wood, made a coin door out of an old bowler door and shopped it out. Pretty fun game.
Alex

Globetrotter.jpg

#303 6 years ago

Alex, your tables and gameroom show a lot of class.

Quoted from balbers:

I can only imagine how excited you are! I'm excited to get my grail pin, too, but your excitement level just might trump mine.

Eventually all of the blood makes it's way back to the place that's supposed to do all the
thinking.

#304 6 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Nice 2001. I bought new bulls-eye targets to put on mine. I went to do it one day and then saw how the targets are soldered into place with all those bare wires. I realized it was more than the simple 20 minute job I was hoping for, so I put it off. I need to dig back in there and finish it after seeing how nice yours look.

PT,

I replaced the bulls eye targets on my 2001. Just take off the last blade of the target assembly that holds the target and with the exact size drill bit drill the rivet out holding the old target. Place your metal piece on a flat metal table with a towel underneath. With the new target in place use a Pinball Resources semi-tubular rivet and flare it with a 3/16" flared tool like a nailset or a punch that will flare the rivet. Then, flatten with a hammer. Worked for me.

#305 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Here is the last one I brought home back in Dec. I don't really restore them, just clean them up and play them. It had a custom battleship gray paint job and no coin door when I brought it home. I stripped the latex gray paint off, refinished the wood, made a coin door out of an old bowler door and shopped it out. Pretty fun game.
Alex

Nice gameroom/games Alex

#306 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

PT,
I replaced the bulls eye targets on my 2001. Just take off the last blade of the target assembly that holds the target and with the exact size drill bit drill the rivet out holding the old target. Place your metal piece on a flat metal table with a towel underneath. With the new target in place use a Pinball Resources semi-tubular rivet and flare it with a 3/16" flared tool like a nailset or a punch that will flare the rivet. Then, flatten with a hammer. Worked for me.

Great idea!! I will try to do it this week.

#307 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

(snip)I stripped the latex gray paint off, refinished the wood, made a coin door out of an old bowler door and shopped it out. Pretty fun game.
Alex

You do fabulous cabinet work Alex.

#308 6 years ago

The latest addition to the herd. I mean, how could I not? I guess I'm just a sucker for a good looking, fun playing EM.

DSCN1494.JPG

#309 6 years ago

Looks good. Grand Prix is the first machine I actually remember playing. My Dad had one in his motorcycle dealership when I was a kid.
Alex

#310 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Looks good. Grand Prix is the first machine I actually remember playing. My Dad had one in his motorcycle dealership when I was a kid.
Alex

Grad Prix has simple but fun rules. It is a really good game. I love the two spinner setup.

#311 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The latest addition to the herd. I mean, how could I not? I guess I'm just a sucker for a good looking, fun playing EM.

Is that the one that has been popping up on SoCal Craigslist? I thought about grabbing that myself but I am out of room. Congrats. Looks like a fun game.

#312 6 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

I have never noticed the ring bumper configuration on a pin before like along the sides of Daisy May.
Do other pins have that?
Dan

Hi Dan,
I don't know off the top of my head. I will keep my eye open now that you have pointed that feature out to my attention. It is a very fast game with those alligator flippers. Maybe Stern or JJP could work that style of flipper in on their next "alligator" theme. All the best....

#313 6 years ago

fathers day bump...

2013-06-15_18-03-06_451.jpg

#314 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

fathers day bump...

So perty!
I would like to hump your Sky Jump. LOL! What a nice line of pins! Looks like the flies love your 2001.

#315 6 years ago

Thoro-Bred, first shoot again in a game!

P1010047.JPG P4240264.JPG P4240266.JPG P1010044.JPG

#316 6 years ago

Not pinball but is most certainly an EM, a 1961 "Pro Bowler" Super Chicago Coin Shuffle bowler.

P1010010.JPG

#317 6 years ago

Post edited by Darcy : double post

#318 6 years ago

Bank-A-Ball, first game with inlanes!

P3050043.JPG P3050044.JPG P3050046.JPG

#319 6 years ago

Here is my Solar City, I've owned this since 1982.

pinball_2013_007.JPG

#320 6 years ago

EM's are so beautiful and a lot of fun. They are so foreign to me though that I am scared to own one. Are they harder to work on than a SS/DMD game?

#321 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

EM's are so beautiful and a lot of fun. They are so foreign to me though that I am scared to own one. Are they harder to work on than a SS/DMD game?

In my opinion, they are easier and just as fun.

#322 6 years ago

IMO they are not easier to work on but nothing to be afraid of. Generally very cheap to fix. 90% of the time the problem will be a gummed up stepper switch. Modern pins point you in the right direction, with EMs you need to know where to look.

#323 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

IMO they are not easier to work on but nothing to be afraid of. Generally very cheap to fix. 90% of the time the problem will be a gummed up stepper switch. Modern pins point you in the right direction, with EMs you need to know where to look.

I see your point. The built in diagnostics are a great help. Something that EM machines don't have. For me though, understanding board level circuitry and troubleshooting is the bigger challenge. I can "see" the entire "circuit board" inside and out with an EM. Things are hidden inside chips on modern machines. This is why EM is easier for me. I work better with the mechanical than the electronic.

#324 6 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Thoro-Bred, first shoot again in a game!

Very nice collection John!

#325 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I see your point. The built in diagnostics are a great help. Something that EM machines don't have. For me though, understanding board level circuitry and troubleshooting is the bigger challenge. I can "see" the entire "circuit board" inside and out with an EM. Things are hidden inside chips on modern machines. This is why EM is easier for me. I work better with the mechanical than the electronic.

I generally do as well, the mechanical parts of a pinball machine for me are the easy fixes. I just have no idea how the EM's really work inside. Is there a good set of tutorial videos or anything that you guys would suggest when learning about them?

#326 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Things are hidden inside chips on modern machines.

Exactly how i feel, Ems can be fixed with basic tools which is a plus in my book.

#327 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I generally do as well, the mechanical parts of a pinball machine for me are the easy fixes. I just have no idea how the EM's really work inside. Is there a good set of tutorial videos or anything that you guys would suggest when learning about them?

TOPS vids are very good. http://www.pinrepair.com/top/

#328 6 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I have learned by trial and error. I'm a "take it apart to see how it works" type.

I subscribe to the pinball ninja blog http://www.pinballninja.com
Go here to donate and gain access. http://pinrepair.com/donate/

I read and often refer back to the EM repair guide written by Clay harrell. http://www.pinrepair.com/em/index.htm

These resources plus the heaps of help from experienced EM guys on pinside have really allowed me to understand how my EM machines work.

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

The pinball master hits the nail on the head. You have to learn what to look for and can almost see the problem in your head. Once you understand the logic almost anything is fixable and usually for a fairly cheap price.

SS points you in the right direction, but you can't truly fix it yourself unless you call swapping out boards and opto devices fixing. And EM is an incrediblty complex computer without the chips.

The guys that designed them were an amazing group.

Now is spotting the problem alway easy. No!! Sometimes it will keep me up at night thinking about the issue, but as long as you can follow the path (or paths) you can usually find the issue. And you have to remember that the problem is often not where you are looking, but at some small little thing that may feed the place where you think the prolem is.

I love working on them and wouldn't have it any other way.

Once you go EM you'll never go back

#330 6 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

Once you go EM you'll never go back

I am finding this more and more true in my pinball life. I'm currently trying to sell ny BK so I can buy two or three EM's around me. Moving back in time!

BTW, Thanks for the compliment, but I am far from a pinball master. Just a guy who really loves this stuff and loves taking the opportunity to help others even more.

#331 6 years ago

Bring on the pictures! Encore!

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I am finding this more and more true in my pinball life. I'm currently trying to sell ny BK so I can buy two or three EM's around me. Moving back in time!
BTW, Thanks for the compliment, but I am far from a pinball master. Just a guy who really loves this stuff and loves taking the opportunity to help others even more.

Me too. If I can help I will.

I love to solve problems and fix things. Kids in college and high school so I can't afford expensive stuff.

Only room for 3 or 4 machines (without wife killing me) so I'll never be a collector.

I just sold my Full House to make room for my Space Mission project.

I'd even like to fix/rebuild them for local guys if I could as long as they pay for parts.

#333 6 years ago

For the sake of keeping this thread going here's a couple more pics.......

Queen_of_Diamonds_lit_wh_gm_028.JPG Queen_of_Diamonds_wh_pf_030.JPG Jumping_Jack_009_head_.JPG

#334 6 years ago

In the middle of a 2001 restore........I REALLY need to get this done this year. It keeps getting put on the backburner.

2001-1_upp_pf_021.JPG 2001-1_lwr_pf_019.JPG 2001-2_hd_004.JPG 2001-2_cn_dr_006.JPG

#335 6 years ago

You don't see this one often.

image.jpg image.jpg

#336 6 years ago

black gold!!! very nice!!!

#337 6 years ago

Here are some of them. Mostly 50s and 60s.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#338 6 years ago

wow!!! brilliant!

#339 6 years ago
Quoted from pbkzo:

Awesome collection

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from pbkzo:

You mean there's more???

#341 6 years ago

Many woodrails there! I've never played one before.

#342 6 years ago
Quoted from pbkzo:

Cool era for pinball.

#343 6 years ago
Quoted from pbkzo:

Now thats a "Stairway to Heaven" encore! *lights lighter* Slick Chick and Knockout in the same room. What more could you ask for?

#344 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

For the sake of keeping this thread going here's a couple more pics.......

Hoov that is a beautiful Queen of Diamonds. I almost bought one back in 1998. I ended up buying a Bank-A-Ball instead.

#345 6 years ago

Yep, this thread just keeps getting better. I'm scurrying to get another EM before we get to the next page. Got my eye on a nice Bon Voyage. Wish me luck!

#346 6 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

You don't see this one often.

(Black Gold machine) Beautiful backglass...stunning!

#347 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hoov that is a beautiful Queen of Diamonds. I almost bought one back in 1998. I ended up buying a Bank-A-Ball instead.

You did good. I personally think the 50's games are better to look at but the classic 60's Bank a Ball that you bought is more fun to play. JMHO though.......

#348 6 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

You did good. I personally think the 50's games are better to look at but the classic 60's Bank a Ball that you bought is more fun to play. JMHO though.......

That is exactly the way I felt at the time. I wish I still owned the Bank-A-Ball... Oh well, I will have it back someday.

#349 6 years ago
Quoted from pbkzo:

Here are some of them. Mostly 50s and 60s

WOW!!! ...amazing game room, and beautiful collection of pins.

#350 6 years ago
Quoted from pbkzo:

Fantastic!

My only suggestion is for wall art/ceiling etc to add to the ambience.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 11.00
$ 52.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
€ 3.95
Flipper Parts
Multigame
Machine - For Sale
Thousand Oaks, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
€ 3.70
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
1,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Knoxville, TN
$ 49.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
5,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sittard
$ 999.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 289.00
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12208 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside