Topic Stats

• 12,210 posts
  • 685 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8,005 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200123_172231 (resized).jpg
20200123_172219 (resized).jpg
E82288B3-510E-48C9-A913-281C5CBC2BAE (resized).jpeg
20200118_141337_resized (resized).jpg
D8E32D9A-DA05-4A3C-937B-DFBA9DB2F771 (resized).jpeg
20200113_223630 (resized).jpg
gm4 (resized).jpg
gm5 (resized).jpg
IMG_2990 (resized).JPG
IMG_2992 (resized).JPG
IMG_2991 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
IMG_9421 (resized).jpg
IMG_9354 (resized).jpg
IMG_9349 (resized).jpg
IMG_9427 (resized).jpg

There are 12210 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 245.
#3251 5 years ago

Nope - just a Bowl A Strike. (AAB baby!)

My King Pins are currently keeping each other company in our laundry room while they await restoration.

#3252 5 years ago

Shouldn't that marquee say 'Tuna's Delight Bar and Grill'?
Cool games, never played Bowl-a-Strike, without looking it up, I'm assuming it's a Kordek design with the kick backs by the flippers! 8)Thanks for sharing.

#3253 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Cool games, never played Bowl-a-Strike, without looking it up, I'm assuming it's a Kordek design with the kick backs by the flippers!

Actually, Lucky Strike/Bowl A Strike were designed by Norm Clark and are really just a variation of his King Pin game. The "pin" rollovers score a spare instead of a strike and there is a ball kicker on either side of the flippers instead of one in the center. A fun game nonetheless.

#3254 5 years ago

gonna throw a few pics up today - what size should they be or will the site automatically resize them?

#3255 5 years ago

love this thread and a bit late to the party, but here's a few pics from our Gameroom7-521.jpgpinball diner . . .Gameroom8-359.jpgGameroom17-717.jpgGameroom15-13.jpgGameroom16-496.jpgGameroom13-496.jpgGameroom14-864.jpgGameroom12-628.jpgGameroom11-995.jpgGameroom10-727.jpgGameroom9-803.jpggameroom19-323.jpgGameroom18-836.jpg

#3256 5 years ago

That Bank A Ball looks pretty good...

#3257 5 years ago

So does that Flipper...

#3258 5 years ago

I like the whole room! Looks like a fun place to be.

#3259 5 years ago

That "Grand Slam" is cherry! Cliff, I was at your place once, and I was blown away. You have a totally different colllection now. I see you found a "Sky Jump". Thanks again for that free Williams "King Pin" cabinet you gave me when I was at your place. I see Nick's fingerprints on that "Grand Slam". He called me a while back saying you were looking for one. You found a nice one I see!

#3260 5 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I like the whole room! Looks like a fun place to be.

I'm guessing he has a real malt shake maker in there somewhere too.

#3261 5 years ago

I was at his place years ago, and he had a full blown hot dog serving station going. It was a fun night. Got a free Williams "King Pin" cabinet from him while I was there. Thanks, Cliff!

#3262 5 years ago

hey Joe - I totally forgot about the King Pin cab - glad it found a good home with you! I think I have a couple other goodies for that game (upper arch and apron maybe?) - they're yours if you need them - just lmk. I wouldn't even have discovered this crazy world of EMs had it not been for you, Vic and Nick. It's good to see you on a forum like this - I've been out of the loop for a few years and just recently have been checking out the site - folks here have been unbelievably generous and helpful.

Yeah - Hoov recently hooked me up with a low play Sky Jump - apparently was sitting in the back of an operators place for many years and is quite dirty but a diamond in the rough for sure - Nick is taking that one next. Lisa and the kids played Free Fall for hours at Pinfest so it was an easy choice.

My GS was actually delivered the same day Nick's was. I actually purchased Shay's personal GS which was far nicer (looked HUO honestly), but a friend of mine in SoCal desperately wanted it and had just finished restoring his GS so we traded plus cash. (Flipper had eluded me for several years so I was stoked to finally snag one recently)

This thread has been amazing - opened my eyes to so many titles including Abra, 4 Square, Mars Trek, Gulf Stream - too many to name!

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from cpiel:

love this thread and a bit late to the party, but here's a few pics from our pinball diner . . .

Great looking "diner"! I especially like your Grand Slam and Seeburg jukebox.

Thanks for sharing the photos!

- Tim

#3264 5 years ago
Quoted from cpiel:

Yeah - Hoov recently hooked me up with a low play Sky Jump - apparently was sitting in the back of an operators place for many years and is quite dirty but a diamond in the rough for sure - Nick is taking that one next. Lisa and the kids played Free Fall for hours at Pinfest so it was an easy choice.

I'm enjoying the one I picked up last week. Since Free Fall is the AAB I'm assuming that hours of play was a single game.

#3265 5 years ago

Well I did it! I bought my 4th machine today! I bought a Central Park. I get to pick it up Tuesday evening. Playfield is a solid 9. Backglass is a 8.5 with some pin size spots missing (very easy touch ups) Cabinet is a 6. This thing needs a total repaint which will be done in January locally. Time for a 300 dollar order to PBR for a new coin door, chute, legs, etc...etc..

cp1.jpg CP2.jpg CP3.jpg CP4.jpg CP5.jpg
#3266 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well I did it! I bought my 4th machine today! I bought a Central Park.

Very cool. I love Central Park.

#3267 5 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

Very cool. I love Central Park.

You will have to come over and actually play my machines instead of buying a machine. It is too funny that you bought a machine off of Ken, while stored at my house, while I was away on vacation.

#3268 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well I did it! I bought my 4th machine today! I bought a Central Park. I get to pick it up Tuesday evening.

Congrats from the misses and I Dan the Man!

K&A

#3269 5 years ago

I always thought Central Park had one of the coolest backglass animations. Congrats.

#3270 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Well I did it! I bought my 4th machine today! I bought a Central Park. I get to pick it up Tuesday evening. Playfield is a solid 9. Backglass is a 8.5 with some pin size spots missing (very easy touch ups) Cabinet is a 6. This thing needs a total repaint which will be done in January locally. Time for a 300 dollar order to PBR for a new coin door, chute, legs, etc...etc..

Congrats! I've had two of them and it is a fun game. If I had more room I would still have it.

Always remember my trip to Donal Murphy's farm near me when he invited me to see his collection (about 109 50's, 60's, 70's GTB's mostly including a Challenger) - RIP Don. He sold me a new monkey while I was there. Didn't even have to pay shipping from PBR.

#3271 5 years ago

Good luck. It's a great game!

#3272 5 years ago

OMG! I must have ordered about 500 dollars worth of parts just now. If it was metal it was ordered. Legs, bolts, levelers, coin door, coin chute, flipper buttons, side rails (the ones on this one are dented to hell) A new reprofuction lock down bar with the end caps. Metal arch stick, other metal part on the other side of the arch stick, ball return bracket, and ball gate. The there was plastic....plastic monkey was cracked, pop bumper caps, new plastic bats the two lane dividers on top that look like flippers. Lane divider plastics were cracked or chipped. The plastics themselves are original and have some rub from the metal posts but they are decent. I just put in a request to Pinball rescue asking them to start making sets for Central Park / Hurdy Gurdy. Hopefully someone else has done the same or needs a set as well.

#3273 5 years ago

Was at PBR yesterday. Yeah, there's a big poster of you as you walk in through the doorway. "Customer of the Month" it said!

#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

cp1.jpg 84 KB

CP2.jpg 77 KB

CP3.jpg 61 KB

CP4.jpg 72 KB

CP5.jpg 68 KB

Look at that coin door. Remind me to bring that roll of U.S. Dimes, if I get down that way

#3275 5 years ago

Finished most of the necessary work on my Aces & Kings and she's now playing and looking great. The backglass still needs some help, but I'm happy with how it's turned out overall. It's a very difficult game to score on as collecting the bonus is really more luck than skill but the player can make some bit of difference once you learn the angles. It is a good, simple game to whet the appetite and learn to troubleshoot the EM-style games.

AnK2.jpg

#3276 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Was at PBR yesterday. Yeah, there's a big poster of you as you walk in through the doorway. "Customer of the Month" it said!

ROTF! WTF! I hope not! That scares me because I haven't got the bill yet. *sigh*

#3277 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I haven't got the bill yet. *sigh*

#3278 5 years ago
Quoted from Toyguy:

Finished most of the necessary work on my Aces & Kings and she's now playing and looking great. The backglass still needs some help, but I'm happy with how it's turned out overall. It's a very difficult game to score on as collecting the bonus is really more luck than skill but the player can make some bit of difference once you learn the angles. It is a good, simple game to whet the appetite and learn to troubleshoot the EM-style games.

AnK2.jpg 174 KB

That game looks cherry! Nice find on a game you don't see very often.

#3279 5 years ago

just picked up this sea ray. i'm a big fan of christian marche's
pointy people and to me his style epitomizes that time in history. it'll complement the art of my expressway and capersville. unlike my other bally's, this one is convertible to add a ball which is a plus for me.
anyway, the condition overall is pretty nice. the cab is good with only a couple scuffs. the playfield is in really nice shape with paint loss in some of the keylines which is an easy fix. there's also wear below the kickout hole. the plastics are another matter. they've each lost about 40% of their ink and this game has lots of plastics so they'll be candidates to be reproduced. the text on the pop bumpers has faded significantly but new ones are available.
the backglass definitely has some flaking and paint loss.
the interior however is extremely clean. no corrosion or discoloration of metal parts.
here's some pics as i received it and i'll post some in the future after the playfield cleanup.
photo (13).JPG
photo (14).JPGphoto (15).JPGphoto (16).JPGphoto (17).JPGphoto (19).JPG

#3280 5 years ago

Nice, if I were ever to own a 'Pointy People' game, that would be it!

#3281 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Well the order arrived today. $714.63!! (ack!) Yeah I went all out. If it was metal I replaced it. If it was plastic on the playfield it was replaced. Yes I know there are 5 legs there. One of my North Star legs was bent from when it was shipped back in the spring. Yes I know I could have regrained the lock down bar and side rails. I didn't feel like it. The answer is "No", none of the old metal parts are for sale. They are spoken for already.

CP1.JPG
CP2.JPG
CP3.JPG

#3282 5 years ago

Way to support PBR Dan! I use them all the time, and they are such an asset to us EM guys, esp. for Gottlieb stuff. Don't know what we'd do without them. I probably spend that much with them for the whole year!

#3283 5 years ago

Look at him go! Christmas has arrived early at the Tomago residence.

#3284 5 years ago

Better get that invoice in the mail. Steve wants his cash!

#3285 5 years ago

You single handedly paid my brother's salary at PBR for the next few months. He only works there part time.

#3287 5 years ago

Nah. Jimmy can't be part time. He's responded to ALL of my orders...unless he's been working every time I've placed an order.

#3288 5 years ago

No it isn't Jimmy. He works Monday through Friday as far as I know. My brother mostly winds coils for PBR.

#3289 5 years ago

1951 Genco Hits and Runs

Whole Machine - small.jpg

Extra Special 1 cropped - small.jpg

Shooter Gauge - small.jpg

#3290 5 years ago

Here's a game i looked at sometime ago.The game played through without any problems and needed 50 +hours of work.I passed on it and regret not grabbing it at the time.Priced on the low end too.What was i thinking that day.
FlipperFair4-12 009-68.jpgFlipperFair4-12 001.jpgFlipperFair4-12 010.jpgFlipperFair4-12 006.jpgFlipperFair4-12 004.jpg

#3291 5 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Here's a game i looked at sometime ago.The game played through without any problems and needed 50 +hours of work.I passed on it and regret not grabbing it at the time.Priced on the low end too.What was i thinking that day.

Love the artwork on Flipper Fair........

FlipperFair4-12 009-68.jpg 169 KB

FlipperFair4-12 001.jpg 237 KB

FlipperFair4-12 010.jpg 157 KB

FlipperFair4-12 006.jpg 256 KB

FlipperFair4-12 004.jpg 238 KB

#3292 5 years ago

One of the toughest of the "flipper series" games to find. I know you're not an AAB guy Vic, but you should have gotten this one. The backglass was remade and can probably still be had.

#3293 5 years ago

I own a Flipper Fair. It's a keeper. Cross Town and Subway have the same layout, but Flipper Fair is the best.

#3294 5 years ago

Also got FF. Beautiful looking game. My only Nick Raschilla game.
Ideally would have prefered original cabinet but finding the game is just hard.

FF3.JPG IMG_8276.jpg
#3295 5 years ago

Wow very nice condition and backbox rainbow looks good (not melted). BTW, PBR carries the red deco domed 1-point caps if you want the original color scheme.

I noticed some folks double-rubber the 2" flippers. What is the upside of doing this?

#3296 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I noticed some folks double-rubber the 2" flippers. What is the upside of doing this?

From an engineering/geometry standpoint, there are a few things to consider here.

1. The second, lower, ring closes the gap, just the smallest bit, between the flippers. So advantage to players' scores.
2. What I have noticed is that the original ring position sits above the ball centerline. Placing the second ring causes the flipper to strike the ball at or just below the ball centerline.
3. Not sure how much the geometry/physics come into play here but with only the ring installed in the original ring position I would expect a hit to the ball to push the ball into the playfield at the same time it is pushing the ball up the playfield. Obviously we see reams of evidence that this downward radiant of force has not caused overly intrusive damage to the playfield finish - among other things capable operators maintained their games so this did not occur. But a theory could be made that putting the contact point at or below the ball centerline can only improve the playfield durability.

#3297 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

From an engineering/geometry standpoint, there are a few things to consider here.
1. The second, lower, ring closes the gap, just the smallest bit, between the flippers. So advantage to players' scores.
2. What I have noticed is that the original ring position sits above the ball centerline. Placing the second ring causes the flipper to strike the ball at or just below the ball centerline.
3. Not sure how much the geometry/physics come into play here but with only the ring installed in the original ring position I would expect a hit to the ball to push the ball into the playfield at the same time it is pushing the ball up the playfield. Obviously we see reams of evidence that this downward radiant of force has not caused overly intrusive damage to the playfield finish - among other things capable operators maintained their games so this did not occur. But a theory could be made that putting the contact point at or below the ball centerline can only improve the playfield durability.

You should always double rubber the rounded top flippers on all game which use a 1 1/16" pinball.
The reason for this is that the die used to make the flippers did not change from the time a 1 1/8" pinball was used. When they went to a slightly smaller ball, it was discovered that the flipper struck the ball appreciably above the centerline. The quick fix was to install a second rubber ring on the flipper. Once the flat top flipper came to be, this was automatically corrected and a second ring was no longer required.

#3298 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You should always double rubber the rounded top flippers on all game which use a 1 1/16" pinball.
The reason for this is that the die used to make the flippers did not change from the time a 1 1/8" pinball was used.

I always wondered why people did that, I thought it was a mod of sorts but I guess not.

#3299 5 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I own a Flipper Fair. It's a keeper. Cross Town and Subway have the same layout, but Flipper Fair is the best.

Yes, identical gameplay to "Subway". It's interesting that "FF" is credited to Wayne Neyens, and "Subway" to Ed Krynski. Mr. Krynski had an easy one there. All the work was already done!

#3300 5 years ago

I wanted to share a very challenging and rewarding project with you guys (with the owner's permission)
It seems like there are two camps here in the EM forum. Those that prefer older 50's/60's games with 2" flippers, and those that prefer later 70's games with 3" flippers. I like to think I can appreciate both for their unique gameplay, artwork and the evolution of EM technology. This one obviously falls into the later category with classic late 70's artwork and fast gameplay.
Here's the link for the full photo set-
https://picasaweb.google.com/113822175696968990275/StrangeWorldResto?authkey=Gv1sRgCIjY1K2Yx4PIjAE

Enjoy!

20141214_084955.jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 12210 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 245.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside