Topic Stats

• 12,115 posts
  • 678 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by dozer1
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,941 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg
20191108_135858 (resized).jpg
20191108_135949 (resized).jpg
20191108_140114 (resized).jpg
20191108_140044 (resized).jpg
20191108_135822 (resized).jpg
bar (resized).jpg
31762911-E7F3-4632-99E5-9968D7473A96 (resized).jpeg

There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 243.
#2651 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

GIGI looks nice
I have been looing for that one for a while

Gigi is such a great game - wish I still had mine!

#2652 5 years ago
Quoted from Catch86:

I've had this Flipper for 40 yrs. It will never leave. Plays fine. Backglass is terrible. Playfield inserts will need to be leveled and some touch up will be needed on the playfield. I'll be starting that soon.

Flipper_1.jpg 34 KB

Flipper_2.jpg 36 KB

Nice game.

What is it like as a player? Never even seen one.

#2653 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Nice game.
What is it like as a player? Never even seen one.

Thanks. I haven't been around many other pins over the years. Too many other things going on. So I don't really have a reference to go by. My kids are old enough to enjoy it now and I have a little bit of room in the house. So I brought it back to life over the winter, since it sat in the unfinished basement for many years. Since then I bought a DW to complement the old. I love Flipper and of course I think it plays great, but what do I know? Now that I have 2 I can now work on the Flipper without them complaining.

#2654 5 years ago

In my OCD quest to gather as many of the Bally zipper-flipper games as I can, I recently picked up 1969 Op-Pop-Pop. Legend has it that it was stored for 20 or so years. It has a couple of fried coils to replace, a broken plastic to repair, and it needs a good cleaning. The backglass has some bubbling and flaking but nothing that bothers me too much. Although I might talk to BGResto once I get it up and running.

op3.jpg op1.jpg op2-231.jpg
#2655 5 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

In my OCD quest to gather as many of the Bally zipper-flipper games as I can, I recently picked up 1969 Op-Pop-Pop. Legend has it that it was stored for 20 or so years. It has a couple of fried coils to replace, a broken plastic to repair, and it needs a good cleaning. The backglass has some bubbling and flaking but nothing that bothers me too much. Although I might talk to BGResto once I get it up and running.

Image (auto-loading disabled)

op3.jpg 138 KB

op1.jpg 231 KB

op2-231.jpg 208 KB

One of the first games I played as a kid. It was located at Sherman Rink in Riverside, CA. I guess someone like the button arrangement since it showed its face again on Bally's Spy Hunter.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2328&picno=17901

#2656 5 years ago

cool layout on that one, never saw one like that
great score!

#2657 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

cool layout on that one, never saw one like that
great score!

Quoted from CactusJack:

One of the first games I played as a kid. It was located at Sherman Rink in Riverside, CA. I guess someone like the button arrangement since it showed its face again on Bally's Spy Hunter.

I have never played it. A few anemic lights come on and coils buzz when powered up so there is life. I just need to get in and start checking it out. It has one of the more interesting layouts on this series of machines, imho. When you look at all of the zipper flipper games, I see a progression of technology, and also what could be evidence of heavy hemp usage during the design phase.

I envision some day having a chronological row (or room) of the Bally EM zipper flipper and/or multiball games. Starting with Balls-A-Popping through Nip It. Did I mention I have OCD?

#2658 5 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

I have never played it. A few anemic lights come on and coils buzz when powered up so there is life. I just need to get in and start checking it out. It has one of the more interesting layouts on this series of machines, imho. When you look at all of the zipper flipper games, I see a progression of technology, and also what could be evidence of heavy hemp usage during the design phase.
I envision some day having a chronological row (or room) of the Bally EM zipper flipper and/or multiball games. Starting with Balls-A-Popping through Nip It. Did I mention I have OCD?

sounds like you have a vision, ocd maybe not i have adhd
oh look a monkey

#2659 5 years ago

i know , i know not an em but it has great art i could not pass it up

20140525_230837.jpg
#2660 5 years ago

ok here is one for vic
yet another target pool, this is my forth one.

20140528_200842.jpg
#2661 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

yet another target pool, this is my forth one

Is that the one we discussed? (you sold it to Chris right?) Looks like a pretty nice cabinet....other pics?

#2662 5 years ago

yes it is, chris pulled the trigger fast on this one
cabinet is really nice play ok needs to be shopped out

20140526_211412.jpg 20140526_211422.jpg 20140526_211523.jpg 20140526_211541.jpg 20140526_211543.jpg 20140526_211547.jpg
#2663 5 years ago

Flipper Clown

image-22.jpg image-822.jpg
#2664 5 years ago

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Pinball Forever auction last weekend. I was able to play a variety of vintage machines from all different manufactures from the 50's all the way thru recent years.

But of all the machines there, three really caught my eye. And in the end I won two that I had bid on. They are both in really nice condition, and I was very happy to end up with this Pit Stop, as that was the show stopper for me. This Blue Chip is in such nice shape, that I couldn't resist that one either. I love EM spinners.

DSCN2690.JPG
DSCN2696.JPG

#2665 5 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Flipper Clown

Very nice Flipper Clown. Like the led's too........

#2666 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was lucky enough to be able to attend the Pinball Forever auction last weekend. I was able to play a variety of vintage machines from all different manufactures from the 50's all the way thru recent years.
But of all the machines there, three really caught my eye. And in the end I won two that I had bid on. They are both in really nice condition, and I was very happy to end up with this Pit Stop, as that was the show stopper for me. This Blue Chip is in such nice shape, that I couldn't resist that one either. I love EM spinners.

Looks like a couple nice games you won there.......enjoy.

#2667 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Looks like a couple nice games you won there.......enjoy.

Thanks. I was surprised how fun they are to play, especially Pit Stop. A sparse playfield can be decieving. I added a little extra pitch and with those two inch flippers the ball really flies.

#2668 5 years ago

just rescued this pin a couple of weeks ago. It had been sitting in a pole shed, in pieces, for the last 5+ years! It was dirty, in pieces, and didn't work or light up at all! Some friends wanted me to fix it so their grandkids have something to play when they visit.
I replaced some parts, a new ring kit, new pinballs, and a new cord. Cleaned it up, and threw a few coats of wax at it. It shines like a new penny and plays nice. Here are some pics that I took tonight, enjoy. Later......BigB

IMG_20140528_175111.jpg IMG_20140528_174957.jpg IMG_20140528_174935.jpg IMG_20140528_175056.jpg IMG_20140528_174949.jpg
#2669 5 years ago

My Masquerade (MM)... with the backglass showing my latest highest score (2,338 actually). Aiming for the standing target giving 5 points with the 100x multiplier is one of the most exciting moments of a game. The multiplier will revert to 1x as soon as you hit any of the 5 standup targets. So... better hit the right one!

I have exactly the same sensation while trying to complete a city with my Stern World Poker Tour during the 3x playfield award which lasts 3 seconds...

IMG_2130.JPG
#2670 5 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

just rescued this pin a couple of weeks ago. It had been sitting in a pole shed, in pieces, for the last 5+ years! It was dirty, in pieces, and didn't work or light up at all! Some friends wanted me to fix it so their grandkids have something to play when they visit.I replaced some parts, a new ring kit, new pinballs, and a new cord. Cleaned it up, and threw a few coats of wax at it. It shines like a new penny and plays nice. Here are some pics that I took tonight, enjoy. Later......BigB

IMG_20140528_175111.jpg 147 KB
IMG_20140528_174957.jpg 147 KB
IMG_20140528_174935.jpg 144 KB
IMG_20140528_175056.jpg 158 KB
IMG_20140528_174949.jpg 159 KB

I played Show Boat a lot back in the day. That flipper arrangement took some getting used to.

Here's a few of mine. A Williams River Boat that I just bought from a friend, a Bally Surfers that was the first game I got way back in 1971, and a Gottlieb Pinball Pool I'm in the middle of restoring. I know, not an EM, but those Sys 1 Gottliebs were almost a hybrid game. Plus, it's basically a remake of Hot Shot with some added features that make it a nice player.

In the corner, you can just see a couple of my others-Williams Ding Dong and Gottlieb Top Card. Surfers-RB1-801.jpgSurfers-RB2-581.jpgPP-366.jpg

#2671 5 years ago
Quoted from BigB:

just rescued this pin a couple of weeks ago. It had been sitting in a pole shed, in pieces, for the last 5+ years! It was dirty, in pieces, and didn't work or light up at all! Some friends wanted me to fix it so their grandkids have something to play when they visit.
I replaced some parts, a new ring kit, new pinballs, and a new cord. Cleaned it up, and threw a few coats of wax at it. It shines like a new penny and plays nice. Here are some pics that I took tonight, enjoy. Later......BigB

IMG_20140528_175111.jpg 147 KB

IMG_20140528_174957.jpg 147 KB

IMG_20140528_174935.jpg 144 KB

IMG_20140528_175056.jpg 158 KB

IMG_20140528_174949.jpg 159 KB

Gotta love "Show Boat". One of a handful that have six pop bumpers. No plastics on that game either; rather odd. BTW, is that a repainted cabinet? The backglass was repro'd. Some may still be floating around.

#2672 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Gotta love "Show Boat". One of a handful that have six pop bumpers. No plastics on that game either; rather odd. BTW, is that a repainted cabinet? The backglass was repro'd. Some may still be floating around.

The cabinet looks to have been repainted although whoever did it, did a really nice job on it. The backglass looks to be in decent condition from the front side, but when you look at it from inside the machine, you can see that there is a lot of damage to it. It could really use a " fresh" new reproduction. This one looks fine from the front and you couldn't really notice the flaws unless they were pointed out to you. The pin belongs to someone else so they can deal with it. I am just enjoying it while it is here "visiting". It's pretty fun to play. Hard to get a high score on it with the rubbers installed correctly. When I first got it, the rubbers at the top of the playfield were replaced with rings so the ball could flow freely between the posts. I installed the correct rings witch closed off that gap, thus limiting your scoring ability. They were essentially "cheating"!

#2673 5 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

I am going to start this off with an apology, Sorry Dan, for knocking this thread slightly off target.
Do you EM fans have any of your EM games set to 3 balls only? If you do can you mention which game it is and do you play it that way always or do you switch it to 5 ball Sometimes. Also Post a pic if you feel the need. Photos are great to see.

I believe Capt. Card is better as a 3 Ball game than a 5 Ball game.
The same can be said for Spirit of 76.

For the most part, if it has a manual ball lift, I leave it set to 5 ball.
If it is 2" flipper game, I leave it at 5 ball.
If it is a 3" flipper game, I think 3 ball is ideal for honing tournament level play and 5 bal is ideal for guests.

Marcus

#2674 5 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I played Show Boat a lot back in the day. That flipper arrangement took some getting used to.
Here's a few of mine. A Williams River Boat that I just bought from a friend, a Bally Surfers that was the first game I got way back in 1971, and a Gottlieb Pinball Pool I'm in the middle of restoring. I know, not an EM, but those Sys 1 Gottliebs were almost a hybrid game. Plus, it's basically a remake of Hot Shot with some added features that make it a nice player.
In the corner, you can just see a couple of my others-Williams Ding Dong and Gottlieb Top Card.

I sure would like to buy that Surfers if you ever wanna bail on it... LMK Gerry

PP-366.jpg 212 KB

Surfers-RB1-801.jpg 208 KB

Surfers-RB2-581.jpg 183 KB

#2675 5 years ago

EMsInKC, I love Riverboat. Very nice example.

#2676 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I love Riverboat.

So would I, if I had one.
On other notes, rotordave became the fastest to 1000 on Big Daddy this evening. He was pretty determined.
DSCN2699.JPG

#2677 5 years ago

Cool !

#2678 5 years ago

I had a shot at a Skill Pool, would have needed some resto, but still a really cool game. Got away from me. I really like those reverse wedgeheads, and some really good players in there. Big Daddy is another. Williams games in general, and specifically from the 60s, are some very underrated games.

#2679 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

On other notes, rotordave became the fastest to 1000 on Big Daddy this evening. He was pretty determined

So you got to see the hearse hauler?

#2680 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

So you got to see the hearse hauler?

Yep. And Dave is the master of dimensions. When he opened it up, I couldn't figure out how he was ever going to fit another machine in there. But in no time it was done, and off to dinner we went! Good times. Dave has a bit more EM experience under his belt than he let's on to. It was nice to see him and his family enjoying all the machines including the EMs. Danni seemed to take a liking to Bon Voyage, one of my personal favorites.

#2681 5 years ago

STI delivered 1967 Bally RockMakers today. It is a zipper-flipper game, with a third flipper in the upper left. The guy I got it from bought it in 1978. The backglass is German, but the playfield is English.

rmbg.jpg
rmpf.jpg

Post edited by PMcGee: changed year of purchase

#2682 5 years ago

We need some video of that rockmakers...PLssssssssssss

#2683 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

We need some video of that rockmakers...PLssssssssssss

I will work on getting a video for you. It played fairly well off the truck. Dirty bands and playfield, strong pop bumpers and slingshots. Left flippers are so-so. It was in better mechanical shape than most I pick up. The owner took care of it for 30 years.

#2684 5 years ago

Rockmakers looks fun, never seen or heard of that one...would also love to see it play

#2685 5 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Rockmakers looks fun, never seen or heard of that one...would also love to see it play

My son and I started to film, and the left zipper flipper would zip, but not flip. Let me wiggle a few things and see if I can get it working. Short ball times with a dead flipper.

#2686 5 years ago

Bally was very innovative in the late 60s and early 70s trying different layouts and features on many of their machines.

#2687 5 years ago

Love all these pins! So many I've never seen like this Rockmakers! How cool! So I've been only at this for about a year now, but it seems that Bally is the only one that made zipper flippers....right?

Also it seems that from this era that Williams was known for the center and side post pop-ups (like Super Star)...true?

Just an observation.

#2688 5 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Love all these pins! So many I've never seen like this Rockmakers! How cool! So I've been only at this for about a year now, but it seems that Bally is the only one that made zipper flippers....right?
Also it seems that from this era that Williams was known for the center and side post pop-ups (like Super Star)...true?
Just an observation.

I had never seen a Rockmakers in person before buying this one. Searching IPDB for Bally zipper flipper games made me aware it existed. Some folks think it is too ugly to bring home, but I find it humorous. Hot women engineering with dinosaurs while knuckle dragging men eat bananas.

Williams had "closing flippers" (think that was their terminology) on Hayburners II and a few others. I think Bally zipper flippers were more advanced. I don't have as much experience with Williams, though, only Hayburners II.

#2689 5 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Just an observation.

Williams Daffie, Student Prince, Doozie and Hayburners 2 had what were called 'Closing Flippers'. Also a few foreign games had them.

#2690 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bally was very innovative in the late 60s and early 70s trying different layouts and features on many of their machines.

Definitely true. My favorite of the Ballys from thy time is Capersville. Zipper Flippers, left side kickout lane, multi ball, 4 capers to complete, 2 kickout holes, a "code zapper" feature and a very cool 4 stop captive ball progression feature with windows in the plastic so you can see the ball as it progresses from hitting the white mushroom bumper. Other different colored mushroom bumpers do different things as well. Great art and theme as well.
Check out the deep ruleset:
http://pinball.org/rules/capersville.html

#2691 5 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

I will work on getting a video for you. It played fairly well off the truck. Dirty bands and playfield, strong pop bumpers and slingshots. Left flippers are so-so. It was in better mechanical shape than most I pick up. The owner took care of it for 30 years.

Looking forward to it thank you

#2692 5 years ago

And BTW a pin does NOT have to be beautiful to be awesome...

Gameplay matters pretty is a bonus..

#2693 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

And BTW a pin does NOT have to be beautiful to be awesome...
Gameplay matters pretty is a bonus..

SO TRUE
a lot of good games are passed over due to the looks
but art is always a plus!

#2694 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

ok here is one for vic
yet another target pool, this is my forth one.

20140528_200842.jpg 228 KB

Quoted from stashyboy:

Is that the one we discussed? (you sold it to Chris right?) Looks like a pretty nice cabinet....other pics?

it's in the crib... it really only required a few hours of work to get it playing like a champ... rebuilt the slings (which fixed the one that was locking on), adjusted the flipper return springs properly (they were way overwound, one because 2 of the screw holes were stripped and the other because the stop appeared to be magnetized), slapped on some new rubbers, fixed the knocker that was locking on, and we were good to go...

still need to r&r the score reels, and fix the replay unit (a VERY interesting free play hack was done there), but other than that, it's mechanically done... it is very clean inside the cabinet, so that should not take long either...

edit: forgot... the 0-9 as stepper for the match is completely hosed... i'm really not looking forward to rebuilding that little sob....

it is a blast to play...

image-521.jpg

#2695 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

it's in the crib... it really only required a few hours of work to get it playing like a champ... rebuilt the slings (which fixed the one that was locking on), adjusted the flipper return springs properly (they were way overwound, one because 2 of the screw holes were stripped and the other because the stop appeared to be magnetized), slapped on some new rubbers, fixed the knocker that was locking on, and we were good to go...
still need to r&r the score reels, and fix the replay unit (a VERY interesting free play hack was done there), but other than that, it's mechanically done... it is very clean inside the cabinet, so that should not take long either...
edit: forgot... the 0-9 as stepper for the match is completely hosed... i'm really not looking forward to rebuilding that little sob....
it is a blast to play...

Does the cat like it?

image-521.jpg 177 KB

#2696 5 years ago

Does the cat like it?

#2697 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

it is a blast to play...

image-521.jpg 177 KB

Great game Chris.

I miss mine and someday will get another.

#2698 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Does the cat like it?

they are still upset at me for selling the "bad cats"... one of them is coming around though, he was exploring it yesterday...

Quoted from hoov:

Great game Chris.
I miss mine and someday will get another.

yea, it is a lot of fun to play... you really have to work the machine hard... perfect for getting rid of frustrations at the end of a work day...

#2699 5 years ago

[attachment=1698489,null]
Still working on my Blue Chip

[attachment=1698489,]
#2700 5 years ago

Here are some pics of my GTB BANK A BALL .. whole game was a complete mess when I got her and I took 2 years on and off to completely repaint the playfield... its still an ongoing project as im now making new balls for the backglass animation.. anyway, some before and after shots
Bank A ball before.jpg
BAB assembly (5).JPG
BAB assembly (8).JPG
BAB assembly (9).JPG
BAB door_001.JPG
BAB repaint_002.JPG
Bab Stencil imag_001.JPG
Bab Stencil imag_002.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 49.00
$ 66.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
£ 49.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys
There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside