Topic Stats

• 12,127 posts
  • 679 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by pinzrfun
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12127 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 243.
#2501 5 years ago

this thing is bad ass, and what a great job...

you are the new KING

#2502 5 years ago
Quoted from P2K:

Here is a restoration that I just finished.

Glad to discover I'm not the only person expending time and money on a cosmetic job for this title!

3J.jpg

Granted, mine is a 3 Jokers, but I've found that it is mechanically identical to Straight Flush.

#2503 5 years ago

So I got my first EM a couple of weeks ago at the Texas Pinball Festival. (Thanks Bob!)
A Gottlieb Gypsy Queen. Decided my collection needed an EM, and I couldn't be happier with it. What a classic machine. I'm afraid I may be hooked on EMs now.
image-62.jpg
image-567.jpg
image.jpg
image-300.jpg

#2504 5 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

So I got my first EM a couple of weeks ago at the Texas Pinball Festival. (Thanks Bob!)
A Gottlieb Gypsy Queen. Decided my collection needed an EM, and I couldn't be happier with it. What a classic machine. I'm afraid I may be hooked on EMs now.

What a great game.

#2505 5 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

Way2wyrd & I had a lot of fun on that one. Congrats! A little jealous, look me up if you ever get rid of it!

#2506 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Way2wyrd & I had a lot of fun on that one. Congrats! A little jealous, look me up if you ever get rid of it!

Will do, but don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon. Now that I have a wood rail, I want a wedge head too. Just have to figure out where to put it… I had a blast playing that long line of wedge heads at the show. Also that Globe Trotter that Bob had sitting next to the Gypsy Queen I bought was really cool too.

#2507 5 years ago

I had an epic score of 1846 on my North Star tonight. I figured I would share. I put some coin taker soft white retros in the green and yellow inserts along with under the roll over buttons. (Thanks Mike-O!) I am currently in my honeymoon phase but I am liking it as much as my King of Diamonds. I don't think I like it better than my Slick Chick but it is too soon to tell. It really is a fun as hell game.

nshiscore.JPG
#2508 5 years ago

lookin good Rat !

#2509 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I had an epic score of 1846 on my North Star tonight. I figured I would share. I put some coin taker soft white retros in the green and yellow inserts along with under the roll over buttons. (Thanks Mike-O!) I am currently in my honeymoon phase but I am liking it as much as my King of Diamonds. I don't think I like it better than my Slick Chick but it is too soon to tell. It really is a fun as hell game.

nshiscore.JPG 161 KB

Try putting green LEDs under the green inserts, and yellow ones under the yellow. Also a red LED under the "special" insert. They really pop that way!

#2510 5 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

That's a great looking copy of that classic woodie. What a way to start an EM collection!

#2511 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

nshiscore.JPG 161 KB

That is a high score.

I never got over 1000 in the half dozen games I played.

Some of these 60's Gottliebs are real tests!

#2512 5 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

A Gottlieb Gypsy Queen. Decided my collection needed an EM, and I couldn't be happier with it. What a classic machine. I'm afraid I may be hooked on EMs now

Congrats on your 1st em - and a very nice Gypsy Queen too. You don't see that game too often for sale. Can't beat the artwork on those 50's games.

#2513 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

nshiscore.JPG 161 KB

Epic score on the North Star. You got me inspired to spank the Slick Chick. This is the 2nd highest score on it. Did post an 1824, but, Rat, you still hold the pinside record by over a thousand. Good job.

J

20140405_130251.jpg
#2514 5 years ago

So I guess the 1200ish I got on Slick Chick at TPF wasn't a terrible score

#2515 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

No, it sure wasn't! Especially if you got it on the other machine with weak pops.

#2516 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

No, it sure wasn't! Especially if you got it on the other machine with weak pops.

Haha, no I got about 450 on that one.

#2517 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Hell i couldnt put up over 700 on either machine grrrrrr

--jeff

#2518 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Congrats on your 1st em - and a very nice Gypsy Queen too. You don't see that game too often for sale. Can't beat the artwork on those 50's games.

Thanks. I wasn't really planning on buying a machine this year at the TPF, but had it in the back of my mind that I wanted to get an EM before long. I grew up with a Williams Gold Rush in my house (wish my Dad hadn't sold it now!) and have always loved the bells and chimes of an EM.

When I saw the Gypsy Queen I fell in love almost instantly and knew I had to have it. Even though it's almost 20 years older than the EM I grew up with, and looks nothing like Gold Rush, the classic look of the wood rail and the fantastic artwork just hit home with me. My wife's a fan of all of our modern machines, and thinks I'm crazy for buying it, but I love it. There's also just something cool about having a working pinball machine that's almost 60 years old. I think I'm on the EM slippery slope now. One is never enough!

#2519 5 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

There's also just something cool about having a working pinball machine that's almost 60 years old. I think I'm on the EM slippery slope now. One is never enough!

I bought my first EM this year. I've bought many since. like - 9 more. VERY slippery, especially when you are used to buying DMD pins.

#2520 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I bought my first EM this year. I've bought many since. like - 9 more. VERY slippery, especially when you are used to buying DMD pins.

I just looked at your collection list. How do you like your Target Alpha? I'm kind of interested in one of these or an El Dorado, I like all the drop targets.

#2521 5 years ago

Well - I just bought my second one this morning - but honestly that's just because I have a friend who wanted one and this one fell into my lap, so I'll fix it up and pass it along. Its a fun game, and getting all the targets is somewhat challenging, but I got a little tired of it and find the 1 player 60's games more fun to play right now - and a ton more pleasant to work on given the fewer components.

#2522 5 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Well - I just bought my second one this morning - but honestly that's just because I have a friend who wanted one and this one fell into my lap, so I'll fix it up and pass it along. Its a fun game, and getting all the targets is somewhat challenging, but I got a little tired of it and find the 1 player 60's games more fun to play right now - and a ton more pleasant to work on given the fewer components.

Slippery slope indeed.

#2523 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Try putting green LEDs under the green inserts, and yellow ones under the yellow. Also a red LED under the "special" insert. They really pop that way!

I am liking the soft whites under the greens and yellows. I will definitely buy the red ones for the red inserts because right now with #47 bulbs they look pink. I will give the yellow and green LEDs a shot. What should I buy for the upper roll overs. I want them to look natural and only slightly brighter. Are there bulb shades to tone down the soft whites?

#2524 5 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

I just looked at your collection list. How do you like your Target Alpha? I'm kind of interested in one of these or an El Dorado, I like all the drop targets.

We just put a nice one on location here this evening. It is a blast.

#2525 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am liking the soft whites under the greens and yellows. I will definitely buy the red ones for the red inserts because right now with #47 bulbs they look pink. I will give the yellow and green LEDs a shot. What should I buy for the upper roll overs. I want them to look natural and only slightly brighter. Are there bulb shades to tone down the soft whites?

A word of caution. You may need to add a resistor for the red "special" lamp if you replace it with an LED. My brother said his "special" LED fried shortly after it lit. That's because it is powered by solenoid voltage through a sand resistor. I'm not an electronics expert, but clearly this circuit was designed for a #44 incandescent lamp only.
As far as your other questions about LEDs, I'm no expert on those either, so you may want to either consult "Cointakers" about it, or wait for other Pinsiders replies.

#2526 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Slippery slope indeed.

It's all over!

#2527 5 years ago

My main special in the center when all roll overs are lit lights up nice and red with just a #47. I will hand light it again today and let it sit on for several hours and see what happens.

#2528 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

My main special in the center when all roll overs are lit lights up nice and red with just a #47. I will hand light it again today and let it sit on for several hours and see what happens.

This thread might be helpful:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/game-over-light#post-1541605

(it does need a #44 if there's a 75 Ohm sand resistor wired with the socket.)

#2529 5 years ago

Oh yeah I saw that resister. I will have to put a 44 bulb back in it. No wonder the red was really nice and well...RED

Coin Taker has 44/47 Red Retros that I will give a try in there anyways.

#2530 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Oh yeah I saw that resister. I will have to put a 44 bulb back in it. No wonder the red was really nice and well...RED
Coin Taker has 44/47 Red Retros that I will give a try in there anyways.

Unless they are 6.3 volt at 0.25 amp, they may not work well with the resistor that's wired in series with the socket.

#2531 5 years ago

Here's one of many that I own.. a 1948 Genco TRIPLE ACTION. Machine has just 112 plays and I believe to be a proto as credit wheel is blank.. no white paint.. no numbers.. no anything. Game has never worked.. all leaf switches were in standard position.. just as they would be if you replaced them all with NOS.. everything dead straight with too many Bakelite spacers to even make contact. Playfield has zero wear. But my favourite has to be the factory issue Allen key stapled to the PF underside for operator adjustments. Game came with 2 NOS apron cards which have never been attached. She's been put away for a couple of years due to lack of space ( im working on it) but I did get her running 90% and look forward to adding to the collectionTA (1).JPGTA (1).JPGTA (4).JPGTA.JPGTriple action (3).JPGTriple Action (11).JPGTriple Action (12).JPG

#2532 5 years ago

All that game would have needed was Steve Kordek's autograph, and it would be essentially priceless!

#2533 5 years ago

I have been hankering after this particular 1966 Bally Capersville for a couple of years, and finally got to bring it home with me today. Zipper flippers and 3 ball multiball.

Capersville BG.jpg Capesville PF.jpg Capersville Front.jpg
#2534 5 years ago

Nice score on the Capersville. Looks like a fun game.

Would you be offended if we call it the poor man's Fireball?

Mike O.

#2535 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Nice score on the Capersville. Looks like a fun game.

It would be more accurate to call Fireball a poor man's Capersville.

I would trade a Fireball for a Capersville any day.

#2536 5 years ago
Quoted from cjmiller:

It would be more accurate to call Fireball a poor man's Capersville.
I would trade a Fireball for a Capersville any day.

+1.000.000

#2537 5 years ago

Is Capersville an expensive game?

#2538 5 years ago

not generaly at all, but they dont come up often as i have noticed, it is on my wishlist of EM's...

#2539 5 years ago

Its a game i have never played, but know i want...

#2540 5 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

I have been hankering after this particular 1966 Bally Capersville for a couple of years, and finally got to bring it home with me today. Zipper flippers and 3 ball multiball.

Great find Printis!

Not sure if I ever played that title but remember playing Multiball EM's back in the day.

Hopefully I get to come over and play it one day.

Ken

#2541 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Is Capersville an expensive game?

It doesn't show on Boston Pinball Biz so I don't know average price. I paid more than I normally would for an EM, but less than I paid for Fireball or 4MBC. I have been negotiating for this game a couple of years and am glad that Dan finally let me take it home. I think most that I have seen for sale have been German reimports. This one is pure American.

Quoted from MikeO:

Mike O.

More like the grandfather of Fireball. Just did a little IPDB research. Capersville was the first 4 player EM zipper flipper/multiball Bally, while Fireball was the next to last. Everything learned about multiball and zipper flippers from the earlier production helped make Fireball the machine it is.

Quote from IPDB - "Capersville was the first machine to feature 3-ball multiball play." I have Star-Jet from 1963. It has 3-ball multiball play, that works very similarly to the multiball in Capersville.

I am working on rounding up as many of the 1- and 4-player Bally zipper flipper games as I can. Currently have Rocket III and Op-Pop-Pop (coming soon) representing 1-player. Capersville, Cosmos, Fireball, and 4MBC are my 4-player. I have a lead on Rockmakers (look at that one), and could pick up Gator from the same place I got Capersville. Just gotta go out and pick up some more aluminum cans, and make a few more trips to the plasma center.

#2542 5 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Not sure if I ever played that title but remember playing Multiball EM's back in the day.
Hopefully I get to come over and play it one day.
Ken

Once you hit SA, pack a lunch and head East on I-10 about 240 miles. And, bring your tools.

This exact pin was at the HAAG Pinball Expo in 2012. I had never played it before then, but once I realized it was Bally+multiball+zipper flippers I wanted it. I haven't really figured out what is the theme - espionage and scuba diving? I also need to do some research on the rules and all of those extra reels.

#2543 5 years ago

Capersville is an awesome game..I rank it higher and tougher than Fireball..here is mine in action which is a German import that was reimported back into Australia a few years ago..

#2544 5 years ago

Where are the bloody chimes?

#2545 5 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

Capersville is an awesome game.

Seems more like a pretty hard game. Even when Multiball is achieved and released it does not last long considering all the effort put into trying to get there in the first place diminishing the fun factor IMO. I guess I will just have to play one someone has and evaluate it on my own.

Ken

#2546 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Where are the bloody chimes?

it doesn't have them..that along with some other early 70s gottlieb from the same stash had no chimes..they had never been installed..i can tell the chimes were never installed..my hot shot doesn't even have the wiring for the chimes.

#2547 5 years ago

Here are a couple of pics of my EK EM. I just got it back from having a NOS playfield installed by Tim Meighan. He dialed it in perfect!photo-50.JPGphoto-49.JPG

#2548 5 years ago

That is one schweeeeet "EK" EM! Just gorgeous. I really thought he was a cool dude back in the day. Saw him make a lot of jumps, and wipe out a lot too.

#2549 5 years ago

Love that 'old school' light box animation of him jumping the busses!

#2550 5 years ago

I have been enjoying this thread and thought I should add some pics. Here is my Gottlieb row.

IMG_8598.JPG

IMG_8599.JPG IMG_8600.JPG IMG_8601.JPG IMG_8602.JPG IMG_8604.JPG
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 89.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 12127 posts in this topic. You are on page 51 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside