Topic Stats

• 12,132 posts
  • 680 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by midniight
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 243.
#201 6 years ago

Looks like trade bait!!!!!!.........smells like trade bait!!!!!!........it is trade bait!!!!!! Anyone have a nice El Dorado out there for our good buddy boilerman?

#202 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

this is for all you C37 wanters

<~~~~Jealous

Very nice!

#203 6 years ago

Sorry I don't have a EM Pinball machine so I'll show you this EM on SI

image.jpg

#204 6 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

None of my machines are in the condition of some of the nicer restored machines in this post but a bunch of them are in pretty good shape. Here is a sampling of machines from the Flipper EM era of the late 40's to the 70's. The woodrails are still setup like in the pic the others are not. I am trying to put together a nice collection of Williams woodrails as I have just about given up trying to collect solid state.

Sweet 4 million BC--such an under-rated machine, and so incredibly advanced. You're making me jealous.

#205 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

this is for all you C37 wanters

Dude! Really? That's just mean! .........cool though, but mean, but cool!

#207 6 years ago

what i really want is a nice el dorado if anyone is tempted

#208 6 years ago

I think benepinballs in Omaha might have a lead on one. (Eldorado)

#209 6 years ago

I have one on the way from bene ... unless you mean he has a lead on another?

#210 6 years ago

I'd really like a Canada Dry if anyone has one in the southeast to sell! C37 would be nice too.

I just fixed up a sweet Outer Space for a friend.

IMG_2462.JPG IMG_2465.JPG IMG_2469.JPG

#211 6 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

None of my machines are in the condition of some of the nicer restored machines in this post but a bunch of them are in pretty good shape. Here is a sampling of machines from the Flipper EM era of the late 40's to the 70's. The woodrails are still setup like in the pic the others are not. I am trying to put together a nice collection of Williams woodrails as I have just about given up trying to collect solid state.

Very nice start on your Williams collection,Woodrails are my favorite . A lot of people don't know how nice these play as there only experience is on one that was worn out and brought to a show .

#212 6 years ago

Here's one I picked up that was missing the backglass and the wood around it.I'm suspecting that's hanging on a wall someplace.Thanks to Shay for the new glass and pinresue in Australia for the animation and my friend Todd for the wood framing from one of his parts games,She's back to life

SAM_4651.JPG

#213 6 years ago

This is my 1st EM game, it was one step away from the dump, hopefully someday it will be as nice as others on here.

'56 fair lady

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#214 6 years ago

Wow Luckydogg, That's a *great* project machine for you! Great find!

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from toynut31:

1974 Bally Boomerang

I always thought the dude on the BG of Boomerang looked like Richard E. Nixon (I know it's M, I'm giving credit to Archie Bunker for those who remember All in the Family).

#216 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I always thought the dude on the BG of Boomerang looked like Richard E. Nixon (I know it's M, I'm giving credit to Archie Bunker for those who remember All in the Family).

That's a good one,Does look like ole' Dick with a beard.

#217 6 years ago

Is El Dorado as good as everyone seems to think? I have been looking for one purely based on it's reputation!

#218 6 years ago

Very good player and excellent artwork. I like Capt. Card better as a player but its' artwork is only good.

#219 6 years ago

PT : That Outer Space playfield looks beautiful. All the examples I have ever seen are worn to crap. Nice machine!

Stevens : Hi Diver is a neat machine. I got to play one years ago at Fabulous Fantasies showroom floor in Los Angeles.

#220 6 years ago

el dorado is a great game but it is not my top 3 3"wedgeheads
1-atlantis
2-jacks open
3 abra ca dabra
4-el dorado
I have wanted one for a long time but can not find one or I am to late or they want more than it is worth to me.
When you can not have something you tend to want it more
I just got a basket case el dorado but when i'm done it will be a very nice players machine
but really want a nice one to add to my 19 other wedgeheads

#221 6 years ago

It's not going to be perfect, but it's cleaning up real nice. What do you want for $150?. I couldn't find Star Pool in the pinside archive, so I'm guessing not many pinsiders have one.

DSCN1480.JPG

#222 6 years ago

All hail to all of you, some really lovely pins out there!

#223 6 years ago

Some very nicely kept games out there. EMs rock!

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

el dorado is a great game but it is not my top 3 3"wedgeheads
1-atlantis
2-jacks open
3 abra ca dabra
4-el dorado
I have wanted one for a long time but can not find one or I am to late or they want more than it is worth to me.
When you can not have something you tend to want it more
I just got a basket case el dorado but when i'm done it will be a very nice players machine
but really want a nice one to add to my 19 other wedgeheads

Boiler, our taste in pins are almost exactly the same.
I want in the following order
1. Abra-Ca-Dabra (acquired)
2. C-37
3. Atlantis
4. El Dorado
5. Sky Jump

#225 6 years ago

Post edited by Darcy : Could not load photos

#226 6 years ago

PT : That Outer Space playfield looks beautiful. All the examples I have ever seen are worn to crap. Nice machine!

Outer Space is a really fun game. I have never seen one before this one. I stripped it and put on all new white posts, rubber, bulbs and rebuilt the flippers. It now resides at the Pinball Asylum in South Florida. It was used in an IFPA tournament there last weekend and performed flawlessly. The spinner and vari-target are really satisfying shots. And yes, the playfield on this one is beautiful. Very low plays.

IMG_2470.JPG

#228 6 years ago

3 attempts at postings photos, my computer needs an upgrade!

#229 6 years ago

Solar City

Post edited by Darcy : Photo did not up load

#230 6 years ago

Here are my Gottlieb pins.

pinball_2013_002.JPG

#233 6 years ago

That Strange World looks cool! I have never seen or played one before. They must be pretty rare. What is like to play and do you have more pics of it?

#234 6 years ago

Im with Dan. STrange world looks really cool

--Jeff

#235 6 years ago

I hate when pictures will not load.
The Strange World is different, there were only 675 made. The main thing to remember is not to try to catch a ball, the ball will run back over the lower kickers and drain. There are no in-lanes. Winning Free Plays is not to hard. Currently I have it set on 3 ball. It is different for sure. PHoF has one. This Pin has photos posted on IPDB. I am going to switch it to 5 ball soon.

#236 6 years ago

Alright fellow pinheads... if you can't get enough Electro-Mechanical action mark your calendars for the ONLY EM only pinball tournament (that I know of) in the whole wide world. The Louisville Turkey Fest is the best way to gitcher' old school game on. Colorado has some fantastic players who were joined by some out of town pin-travelers (notably Bob Matthews made the scene in 2012).

Bear witness to the awesome-O-ness here:

https://www.facebook.com/LouisvilleTurkeyFest

and see the results of the battle here:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournament.php?t=548#results

Last year's top qualifier (who went out in the first round of the finals).

KMR

#237 6 years ago

Strange world is not the best player and far from the worst, BUT it has great art package I would love to have one for that alone.

#238 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's not going to be perfect, but it's cleaning up real nice. What do you want for $150?. I couldn't find Star Pool in the pinside archive,

Williams "Star Pool" is a fun game and I played it quite a bit when I was a kid as it was at a local bowling alley. Loved the spinner and all the lights surrounding it. It was a very pretty cool looking machine back in the day and I did well playing it.

I remember it was replaced by a Gottlieb "Buccaneer" which stayed for quite a while and I did not like it and wanted Star Pool back, oh well. I ended up going to a different bowling alley because of the change to play Gottliebs "Spirit of 76" which kicked my ass and still does to this day as I own it.

Ken

#239 6 years ago

I figured it was time to bump this thread to get more pictures posted.

#240 6 years ago

Here's one I really love the art on and it's a great player.

SAM_0203.JPG SAM_0202.JPG 101_2262.JPG

#241 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Williams "Star Pool" is a fun game and I played it quite a bit when I was a kid as it was at a local bowling alley.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I remember it was replaced by a Gottlieb "Buccaneer" which stayed for quite a while and I did not like it and wanted Star Pool back,

You know, I'm starting to see a pattern here. When I was a kid most of the machines around here were Ballys and Williams. I think most of the Gottliebs stayed closer to home or headed east. But we did get a few, Joker Poker included.

#242 6 years ago

Lots of C37 love here
My favorite EM!

I'm restoring two right now. Here are some playfield shots.

IMG_3212.JPG IMG_3438.JPG IMG_3523.JPG

#243 6 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Lots of C37 love here
My favorite EM!
I'm restoring two right now. Here are some playfield shots.

Nice! Did you do any insert replacing?

#244 6 years ago

I had a chance to buy one of two C37s, but the guy had a Williams Grand Prix that was so much more fun to play, so I'm working on that one.

#245 6 years ago

Should have bought both!

#246 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Should have bought both!

You mean all three?

#247 6 years ago

....or that....I guess....

#248 6 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Nice! Did you do any insert replacing?

Nope, the one on the right is mine... but both machines had very little cupping. I filled them both with clearcoat and sanded flat. These playfields will both play beautifully now. I can't stand when balls magically change direction unless I'm playing my TAF

I touched up a lot of the colors and the black keylines.
I'me very hapy with both so far.

If anyone has any tricks for getting rid of that nasty flipper bat sunburn, I'm all ears. Luckily mine isn't so bad, but the other guy...

#249 6 years ago

that paradise looks great, I played a mint one for hours in toulon france back in the navy days.
never saw one that nice again but yours looks pretty darn close

#250 6 years ago

Nice to see EMs burning some Pinside bandwidth!! Keep them coming. I am loving this thread.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 42.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
There are 12132 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside