Topic Stats

• 12,115 posts
  • 678 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by dozer1
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,941 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg
20191108_135858 (resized).jpg
20191108_135949 (resized).jpg
20191108_140114 (resized).jpg
20191108_140044 (resized).jpg
20191108_135822 (resized).jpg
bar (resized).jpg
31762911-E7F3-4632-99E5-9968D7473A96 (resized).jpeg

There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 243.
#2301 5 years ago

Expressway on my wish list...

#2302 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Expressway does look cool. I wouldn't mind having one also.

#2303 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Yeah, it's good fun chasing the E.X.P.R.E.S.S.W.A.Y sequence. I'm not much of a player, so this is a good machine to hone those target shots with. My friends and I can spend hours on this machine.

#2304 5 years ago

got some time to work on the next project buckaroo
stripped and cleaned the pf, came out supper nice(glossy shine w/ no wax yet) much better than i thought. it was pretty dirty.
not much paint loss at all. one small spot at red PB, only a tiny bit of flipper drag, this was one of the machines that almost always has flipper drag not many without it , K&Q is another that is know for flipper drag.

20140316_080806.jpg 20140316_080758.jpg
#2305 5 years ago
Quoted from JayCee:

Hi Folks, here's my Bally Expressway and Gottlieb Solar City. The Expressway has been super reliable, I've only had to replace the flippers. The Solar City's recently been given a shop, with play field clean up and 2K clear coat, new rubbers and about 50 hour debugging dirty relays and motors. It still has a little freak out every now and then, but mostly plays well. I'll post some better photos once I've got 'em into the house.

IMG_0528-927.jpg 118 KB

Here's a link to a guy's Expressway playfield restoration over on rgp:

https://picasaweb.google.com/109179689265802035749/ExpresswayClearCoatPolycrylic#

#2306 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

got some time to work on the next project buckaroo
stripped and cleaned the pf, came out supper nice(glossy shine w/ no wax yet) much better than i thought. it was pretty dirty.
not much paint loss at all. one small spot at red PB, only a tiny bit of flipper drag, this was one of the machines that almost always has flipper drag not many without it , K&Q is another that is know for flipper drag.

That playfield is real nice - it's hard to find a nice one in that title as you say.

#2307 5 years ago

that expressway pf looks great

#2308 5 years ago

Just picked up 8 bingo machines. Lots of cleaning- lots of sorting out what stays and what moves on... Here are some initial pictures:

image.jpgimage-342.jpgimage-475.jpg

#2309 5 years ago

One more:image-676.jpg

#2310 5 years ago

Saw those on ebay. I am in St. Louis and may be interested in the Magic Ring if you end up selling it.

#2311 5 years ago

I'll keep you in mind Dennis. Gotta go through them. It's just a hair overwhelming at this point. I need to do a bit o' rearranging of the shop to make room for these and fogure out the ones I will keep.

#2312 5 years ago

For anyone else looking for bingo's Lloyd at Coin Op Warehouse out in Pennsylvania had a special running on his facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/coinopwarehouse. He just got a shipment in and if you say you saw his facebook ad he would charge $125 - $250 per bingo.

#2313 5 years ago

Someone liked 20 hole Bally bingos...nice looking herd.

#2314 5 years ago

Just picked up this Baseball. Will take some work to get working properly, but nothing Steve Young and I can't fix.

A couple odd hacks, but it's mostly working. Backglass is great, and cabinet looks ok - for a basic repaint job.

IMG_20140318_000805.jpg IMG_20140318_010129.jpg IMG_20140318_010056.jpg IMG_20140318_010033.jpg IMG_20140318_010015.jpg IMG_20140318_005950.jpg IMG_20140318_005931.jpg
#2315 5 years ago

a couple of nice wedge heads there Polonius ... good show!

cheers, Ron

#2316 5 years ago
Quoted from Polonius:

Just picked up this Baseball. Will take some work to get working properly, but nothing Steve Young and I can't fix.
A couple odd hacks, but it's mostly working. Backglass is great, and cabinet looks ok - for a basic repaint

Just in time for the baseball season! Really like that 2001 next to it.

#2317 5 years ago

Polonius, whats with the center channel speaker on top of 2001? Is that some kind of sound upgrade? Microphone inside the head with an amp to the speaker to make the bells even louder?

#2318 5 years ago

I have had 2 Gottliebs at an end of a room. One in each corner. I put the rear surround speakers on them. Bose 301 toppers. Just remeber to take them off when some agressive players are comming by.

#2319 5 years ago
Quoted from Polonius:

A couple odd hacks, but it's mostly working. Backglass is great, and cabinet looks ok - for a basic repaint job.

IMG_20140318_010056.jpg 157 KB
IMG_20140318_000805.jpg 156 KB
IMG_20140318_010129.jpg 253 KB
IMG_20140318_010015.jpg 272 KB
IMG_20140318_005950.jpg 178 KB
IMG_20140318_005931.jpg 276 KB
IMG_20140318_010033.jpg 294 KB

What is going on with the light switch, is that flipper buttons, for on and off?

#2320 5 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Polonius, whats with the center channel speaker on top of 2001? Is that some kind of sound upgrade? Microphone inside the head with an amp to the speaker to make the bells even louder?

There is either an amp or a small sub on the floor below too.

#2321 5 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Haha! That's hilarious - actually, you'd just have to take the back cover off to get a good volume increase. The speaker is just an extra one I had kicking around. I've got an amp and cheap sub under the pins for some arcade room tunes.

Quoted from Darcy:

There is either an amp or a small sub on the floor below too.

Bingo! Just shoved to the side to get Baseball in last night. Even downloaded several hours worth of arcade background noise to play - themed by year, even.

Quoted from Darcy:

What is going on with the light switch, is that flipper buttons, for on and off?

Yup! Takes a relay and a bunch of soldering. It's basically a latching relay activated by the ON button that is is interrupted by the OFF button. I got the plans from here http://petemills.blogspot.ca/2011/09/arcade-push-button-light-switch-redux.html , although you can find them on places like etsy, these days.

#2322 5 years ago
Quoted from Polonius:

Haha! That's hilarious - actually, you'd just have to take the back cover off to get a good volume increase. The speaker is just an extra one I had kicking around. I've got an amp and cheap sub under the pins for some arcade room tunes.

I cant tell for sure from the pic, but is that a Paradigm Cinema Center?

#2323 5 years ago

Can you guess the game just from the front of the wedgehead? (not sure if this pattern was used more than once)

P3180898.JPG
#2324 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Can you guess the game just from the front of the wedgehead? (not sure if this pattern was used more than once)

Ah, so that's where it went! Congrats.

#2325 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Ah, so that's where it went! Congrats.

I take it you know the answer Dirt. It's not mine, just doing the restoration. Obvious clue behind the cat.......

#2326 5 years ago

Sure, Atlantis is always a dead giveaway.

I'm assuming this is the one that just came out of DE? Looking forward to seeing the rest of it. (But yeah, I recognized it from the backbox anyway.)

#2327 5 years ago

I wouldn't have known what it was without the "clue" - I'm guessing we're all talking about this one from our Craigslist thread:

5 days, 16 hours ago
# quote Edit

boilerman said:

I went to look at a blue note that was on DE CL after work today it was 2 blocks away, it was sold when I got there.
I asked if I could take a look since I was there
it was totally mint. even had the purchase papers when it was bought new by the owner. I know it is a crappy player but the guys that collect the rare ones don't care. the seller told me he got much more than what he was asking.
I just hope it was not a flipper that got it. we'll see in a week or two

#2328 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I wouldn't have known what it was without the "clue" - I'm guessing we're all talking about this one from our Craigslist thread:
5 days, 16 hours ago
# quote Edit
boilerman said:
I went to look at a blue note that was on DE CL after work today it was 2 blocks away, it was sold when I got there.
I asked if I could take a look since I was there
it was totally mint. even had the purchase papers when it was bought new by the owner. I know it is a crappy player but the guys that collect the rare ones don't care. the seller told me he got much more than what he was asking.
I just hope it was not a flipper that got it. we'll see in a week or two

No, not that one. I think this one has been in the owner's hands longer and will be a keeper. The schematic from Steve Young has hand written lettering! (he da man!) Will be interesting as there are many diodes, a few capacitors and even a bridge rectifier! (will need to make sure those are all within specs, anyone?.....)

#2329 5 years ago

The late period Gottlieb EMs used bridge-rectified DC current to the flippers, slings and pops (usually). So those coils will have the N1004 diodes across the lugs. They seem to hold up OK, so if they're there, may be fine.

#2330 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

No, not that one. I think this one has been in the owner's hands longer and will be a keeper.

Funny coincidence!

#2331 5 years ago

Nice!

images.jpg
#2332 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

The late period Gottlieb EMs used bridge-rectified DC current to the flippers, slings and pops (usually). So those coils will have the N1004 diodes across the lugs. They seem to hold up OK, so if they're there, may be fine.

I think Gottlieb used those in these games because a lot of them were EM versions of SS games and the coils with the diodes were needed on the SS games and they had them around. Even with the bridge rectifiers, they're not needed on EM games. I have had Williams EM games with bridge rectified DC power and there were no diodes on the coils.

#2333 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

P3180898.JPG 185 KB

"Blue Note"/ "Rock Star". I knew it just from looking at it, but verified it on ipdb.

#2334 5 years ago

Don't you find more Blue Note(s)/Rock Star(s)out in the Northeast?

#2335 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Don't you find more Blue Note(s)/Rock Star(s)out in the Northeast?

Maybe so....anyone else have knowledge of other games? (I know of a local collector 20 minutes from me who has a Rock Star)

#2336 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

P3180898.JPG 185 KB

That particular one has a sloppy stencil job on the lower left "wing". Goes to show you that even the factory isn't perfect when painting cabinets.

#2337 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That particular one has a sloppy stencil job on the lower left "wing". Goes to show you that even the factory isn't perfect when painting cabinets.

Yes, the stencil is off about 3/8ths of an inch! (it's also a sample game, if you can use that as an excuse!).

#2338 5 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

(it's also a sample game, if you can use that as an excuse!).

Ooh, nice!!!

#2339 5 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I cant tell for sure from the pic, but is that a Paradigm Cinema Center?

Nope, just a cheap Best Buy brand. The Paradigm is in the TV room.

It's neat to see variation on the cabinet for that Blue Note. Gives the era a hand-done feel. You can tell I wasn't alive back then.

#2340 5 years ago
Quoted from Polonius:

Nope, just a cheap Best Buy brand. The Paradigm is in the TV room.
It's neat to see variation on the cabinet for that Blue Note. Gives the era a hand-done feel. You can tell I wasn't alive back then.

I totally agree! It's like finding a double struck coin! There are lots of marks on EMs that show the original makers (under the paint) and other slight flaws that make it 'original'. Too many restorations try for perfection and don't show any of these unique signs of hand craftsmanship.

#2341 5 years ago

I rescued this "Mad World" from Todd Tuckey at the Allentown show a few years back. It was a total mess. It's mostly done, but still has some gameplay issues. I'll leave the cabinet as a flaky original. I could use a new backglass because this one is cracked in the lower left corner. Not really horrible otherwise.
All of the fuses in the game were bypassed with soldered wires because all the fuse holders were broken!
There was no playfield glass (it's shorter than a standard glass by about 1 1/2") so I had a sheet cut for it.

IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG

Here are a couple of "before" photos. This is what the ball push up lever and the front door looked like to start with.

IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0228.JPG

I've had this "Bowling Queen" for many years. Did the playfield a little over a year ago. The cabinet isn't the greatest, but I'll leave it original. It plays great. I could use a plastics set and a set of the catalin plastic balls for the animation unit. Never soak the balls in Super Clean. That's what I did, and the white ones turned purple from the color of the red ones. Now they all look like plums!
I reprinted the score/instruction card and the manufacturers certificate. They came out awesome. I don't like the little window in the original S/I card, so I printed the score levels right on the same card that the instructions are on.

IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0175.JPG
IMG_0176.JPG
// Error: Image 206392 not found //
IMG_0178.JPG
IMG_0181.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG

#2342 5 years ago

Geez, that playfield on the BQ is mint!

#2343 5 years ago

Yeah, it was a real mess when I took it out storage, but it cleaned up nice. It has a little bit of touch-up here and there. There was a little bit of flipper swipe on the left flipper into the Gottlieb logo, but I touched it up. I'm not the world's best artist and my touch ups are pretty readily detectable but I'm happy with how it turned out.

bowling qn (31).JPG
GEDC0035.JPG
bowling qn (36).JPG

The front of the head had this ugly red paint on it. I manage to get it off and it looks a little better now.
I also installed a better backglass in it.

IMG_0843.JPG
GEDC0026.JPG

#2344 5 years ago

Just a few more days to go I think...

2014Mar20 013.JPG

#2345 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

2014Mar20 013.JPG 122 KB

Hah! A "Golden Arrow"! I just moved my "BQ" and "Mad World" out of the way to make room for a nice "GA" I just nabbed. It was in the same home since around '78. It won't need much. Photos coming. Likely going to bring it to Allentown.

#2346 5 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Lookin' good. If you're showing your shiny parts again I better get my sunglasses ready ) Does that mean HTD S is next?

#2347 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Lookin' good. If you're showing your shiny parts again I better get my sunglasses ready ) Does that mean HTD S is next?

There's a good chance it will be. It's in the way.

#2348 5 years ago

I found a photo of my Solar City play field touchup during reassembly. I had trouble with bubbles forming in the clear coat I built up to fill in the cupped inserts - perhaps I didn't let it cure enough between coats. I've had to carefully sand them down with a dremel and retouch.

IMG_0400.jpg
#2349 5 years ago

I put Double Up together tonight to get a feel for what I'm in for. Wow.
image-844.jpgimage-512.jpgimage-947.jpgimage-205.jpg

#2350 5 years ago

Good grief! That's a lot going on under there....

*That's what she said!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 45.00
1,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Weedsport, NY
There are 12115 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside