Topic Stats

• 12,128 posts
  • 679 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 185 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 7,948 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20191117_141652 (resized).jpg
20191117_140230 (resized).jpg
20191117_140237 (resized).jpg
20191117_140224 (resized).jpg
20191117_140217 (resized).jpg
IMG_3103 (resized).JPG
IMG_3102 (resized).JPG
IMG_20191110_193917187 (resized).jpg
IMG_20191024_154651251 (resized).jpg
AT2 (resized).jpg
AT1 (resized).jpg
20191110_181329 (resized).jpg
20191110_181312 (resized).jpg
20191108_140747 (resized).jpg
20191108_140157 (resized).jpg
20191108_135936 (resized).jpg

There are 12128 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 243.
#2151 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You beat me by an hour I think. .........

Message received from kovalski3 on 01/28/2014 at 11:55 CET

Message received from replay on 01/28/2014 at 12:20 CET (Shapeshifter)

It turns out to be only 25 minutes.......

If I find another nice El Dorado I'll let you know. The good news is most of these El Dorado's I've come across in the Midwest that were on location tend to be in pretty nice shape considering.

#2152 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Message received from kovalski3 on 01/28/2014 at 11:55 CET
Message received from replay on 01/28/2014 at 12:20 CET (Shapeshifter)
It turns out to be only 20 minutes.......
If I find another nice El Dorado I'll let you know. The good news is most of these El Dorado's I've come across in the Midwest that were on location tend to be in pretty nice shape considering.

Thanks

Boy, sometimes you have to act lightning quick on these games!

#2153 5 years ago

Well, good news for me..

A few days ago i finished up my Hi-LO-Ace resto project, and its hot rodded a bit..boy is it fast now..Feeeeewwww its screamin !

It was a ton of work, and came out great..pic to follow, such a pain in the ass to upload the 100 pics i have of the process in one sitting.. but i will get them posted here..

Good news # 2..

Just picked up my new to me Hurdy Gurdy tonight...plays 100% with a 99.5 BG, and a 99.9 PF..cab is 7-8 i do believe..i may be undervaluing that one, you guys can decide that for me..
Cool, cool game..in need of a shop and mild cleanup, but thats it.. cant wait to get started on that...

Good news #3..

Also on the way home i picked up a Gottlieb World Series, from ScottinSGF'sNY, a good freind of mine, and that is gonna be the next big resto project... the game will be a challenge but i will make it mint...

I sure's do love me some Add-A-Ball's ! LOL

I actually have to go to work tomarrow, but i will get some pics posted for ya'll....

#2154 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Well, good news for me..
A few days ago i finished up my Hi-LO-Ace resto project, and its hot rodded a bit..boy is it fast now..Feeeeewwww its screamin !
It was a ton of work, and came out great..pic to follow, such a pain in the ass to upload the 100 pics i have of the process in one sitting.. but i will get them posted here..
Good news # 2..
Just picked up my new to me Hurdy Gurdy tonight...plays 100% with a 99.5 BG, and a 99.9 PF..cab is 7-8 i do believe.. i may be undervaluing that a bit, you guys can decide.
Cool, cool game..in need of a shop and mild cleanup, but thats it.. cant wait to get started on that...
Good news #3..
Also on the way home i picked up a Gottlieb World Series, from ScottinSGF'sNY, a good freind of mine, and that is gonna be the next big resto project... the game will be a challenge but i will make it mint...
I sure's do love me some Add-A-Ball's ! LOL
I actually have to go to work tomarrow, but i will get some pics posted for ya'll....

I have been bitten by that EM bug..i am so screwed now !.. i need a bigger house or a pole barn.. LOL

#2155 5 years ago

Here we go. Just a taste image-608.jpgimage-141.jpgimage-796.jpgimage.jpg

#2156 5 years ago

Hi-Lo-Ace PF touch up and clearimage-955.jpgimage-914.jpgimage-426.jpgimage-744.jpg

#2157 5 years ago

unfortunaley is used a laquer base for the color, and the clear made it bleed some, i cleared it too soon.. the blue is kinda jacked up now, but overall, for the pile it was i am not gonna strip and redo it, the rest of the PF was super nice really, and cleaned up really great...

Acrylics next time for sure !

#2158 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Here we go. Just a taste

image.jpg 239 KB

image-141.jpg 207 KB

image-796.jpg 235 KB

image-608.jpg 213 KB

Congrats!

That Hurdy Gurdy looks to be a real nice original - everything looks good on it - most of these are pretty beat up. Your World Series head also looks good too.

Way to go - I would go get those two games anyday.

#2159 5 years ago

Thanks, the Gurdy is gonna be great !

we will see how much i like this WS when done i have had one before that i thought was a bit boring..

But it wasnt tweaked like i know how to teak games now, as a matter of fact WS was the first pin i ever bought back in the day..

This one makes round 2 !

#2160 5 years ago

Wow!! The games look great..Congrats! I love those EM's too...Nice to see

they are getting some love...

#2161 5 years ago

image-170.jpgimage-585.jpgimage-474.jpg
Just finishing this machine up for someone. Playfield came out really nice.

#2162 5 years ago

ship ahoy looks great
one of the few AAB games I really liked.
red dot flipper coils really make this game even better

#2163 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

ship ahoy looks great
one of the few AAB games I really liked.

orange dot?

Yes, the game looks nice. Played a Buccaneer years ago.

#2164 5 years ago

Sold all my EM's.....Dealers Choice, The Big Hit, Pioneer. Upgraded to DMD's, toys, etc.

Miss my old EM's......

#2165 5 years ago

yes dave you are correct orange brain fart!

#2166 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

These are the new ones Steve at PBR made that are so powerful the ball will go through the back of the Cabinet and through your house wall. Impress your friends!

Ken

#2167 5 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

These are the new ones Steve at PBR made that are so powerful the ball will go through the back of the Cabinet and through your house wall. Impress your friends!
Ken

Good one Ken.....

#2168 5 years ago

We use the yellow dot coils on both of our Gottlieb games.
Love games with a zing.

#2169 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

We use the orange dot coils on both of our Gottlieb games.
Love games with a zing.

Every Gottlieb I have owned has received Orange Dot Coils. Zippy Zing indeed!

Ken

#2170 5 years ago

Orange dots going into Hurdy Gurdy, and World Series as well..

Put FL-20's in the Hi-LO-Ace, OMG what a difference, the game is ripping fast, but still maintains its controlability..

There is nothing worse than a weak limp playing EM...

#2171 5 years ago

I put orange dot on some yellow dot on others and even reg flipper coils on a few
you have to be careful those orange dot coils can break plastics even yellow can.
it all depends on the playfield layout and how the plastics and drop targets are positioned
I put organge dots on a spirit of 76 and broke 3 plastics in a week, they were removed but the damage was done. live and learn!

#2172 5 years ago

IF the orange is too much, i will go to the yellows...

But hurdy gurdy is a bit weak in my opinion.. and it needs to be beefed...

i will know in a few days if it is too ballistic..

I plan on putting "some" pitch to this game as well..

Time will tell.

#2173 5 years ago

I usually find if I clean (or replace if necessary) all the flipper parts and adjust both cabinet and EOS switches (or replace) and check the ohms of the 5194 coil I don't need orange or yellow dot coils. You can also high-tap the game if needed.

I tried an orange-dot once on a Drop a Card and it played abnormally fast for me - not the same as on location.

Of course this is just my opinion - if it works for you and you like it fast and furious that's great.

#2174 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I put organge dots on a spirit of 76 and broke 3 plastics in a week, they were removed but the damage was done. live and learn!

My SO76 has Orange Dots and I believe the original Drop Targets and I have yet to break one in a year and a half playing since I installed them. Guess it depends on where a pin was previously stored and how well it was taken care of that dictates if Drop Targets are going to break sooner or later.

Ken

#2175 5 years ago

I was told if drop targets are at an angle they won't break as easy.

Also having 2 rubber rings helps absorb a hard impact somewhat.

The worst drop target bank for breakage is straight on - perpendicular to the flippers.

#2176 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I usually find if I clean (or replace if necessary) all the flipper parts and adjust both cabinet and EOS switches (or replace) and check the ohms of the 5194 coil I don't need orange or yellow dot coils. You can also high-tap the game if needed.
I tried an orange-dot once on a Drop a Card and it played abnormally fast for me - not the same as on location.
Of course this is just my opinion - if it works for you and you like it fast and furious that's great.

I prefer the speediness in an EM...

I recently played an awesome EM collection, and they were great, and in excellent mechanical condition, but a coule were just a bit lacking in umph...

Time to experiment with the gottlieb coils and see what i like, orange or yellow..

I have Bally's down to a science now

#2177 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

I prefer the speediness in an EM...
I recently played an awesome EM collection, and they were great, and in excellent mechanical condition, but a coule were just a bit lacking in umph...
Time to experiment with the gottlieb coils and see what i like, orange or yellow..
I have Bally's down to a science now

So I always thought orange dot and yellow dot were the same coils? I have both I think. Are they different?

#2178 5 years ago

Orange Dot = 10% more power
Yellow Dot = 20% more power

#2179 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Interesting - thanks.

Now I need to go check all my games and pbr boxes

#2180 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

That is correct.
I edited my post above for the correct yellow dot coils.
Hard to keep them straight until you get to his web page to order. lol

#2181 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Just got these from Steve.. unless he was confused he told me orange was the stronger of the 2.

I specificly asked for the stronger, and he said orange...

his words yellow medium

orange strong

#2182 5 years ago
Quoted from Gerry:

Just got these from Steve.. unless he was confused he told me orange was the stronger of the 2.
I specificly asked for the stronger, and he said orange...
his words yellow medium
orange strong

So who is right?

#2183 5 years ago

Lets ask Steve

#2184 5 years ago

The website lists GTB-A5141B (orange dot) as medium powered and GTB-A5141A (yellow dot) as high powered.

http://www.pbresource.com/coilgtb.html

#2185 5 years ago

I will have to check what i bought, maybe i got it wrong, got so much going on right now..

I may be confused. i will report back !

#2186 5 years ago

Well, sometimes Steve doesn't want to sell you what you want to order.

#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I put orange dot on some yellow dot on others and even reg flipper coils on a few
you have to be careful those orange dot coils can break plastics even yellow can.
it all depends on the playfield layout and how the plastics and drop targets are positioned

Can you make me a recommendation on what coils I should use in the following games? King Of Diamonds/ Card Whiz/ Abra-Ca-Dabra and Volley? Thanks

#2188 5 years ago

Yellow dot strong, orange medium....

Just opened my PBR care package, and i asked for the strongest coils, hence i got yellows..

Guess that is the answer..

My bad...

#2189 5 years ago
Quoted from Ice9ers:

Can you make me a recommendation on what coils I should use in the following games? King Of Diamonds/ Card Whiz/ Abra-Ca-Dabra and Volley? Thanks

Rebuild the flipper assemblies, clean and wax the playfield, replace all the rings and use the stock coils. The only game I would use jacked up coils for is "Drop/Pop A Card". "KOD" certainly doesn't need anything but stock.

#2190 5 years ago

Picked up 4 GTB projects today from a guy so packed with games he could hardly work. Had them across the street in his Mom's garage too . Sometimes ya just gotta sell............

4 em pick-up StL 005.JPG 4 em pick-up StL 002.JPG 4 em pick-up StL 003.JPG 4 em pick-up StL 008.JPG 4 em pick-up StL 007.JPG
#2191 5 years ago

took a team one in a trade today. it looks like it was not on route very long if ever. there is no ball arch wear and it is super clean.
It also had the ball lane metal guides

20140222_195033.jpg 20140222_195055.jpg 20140222_195045.jpg 20140222_195139.jpg 20140222_203349.jpg
#2192 5 years ago

Hoov I see Sky Jump, Big Brave and Surf Champ. What is the 4th one? Jacks Open?

#2193 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Hoov I see Sky Jump, Big Brave and Surf Champ. What is the 4th one? Jacks Open?

That 4th one be High Hand. You know, the one WITHOUT the resetting drop targets )

#2194 5 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

That 4th one be High Hand. You know, the one WITHOUT the resetting drop targets )

Ugg! You were thinking..."Oh man why can't this be a Captain Card?"

I would have been drooling all over the Kings and Queens I see in the picture.

#2195 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

took a team one in a trade today. it looks like it was not on route very long if ever. there is no ball arch wear and it is super clean.

Remarkable game..........

20140222_195033.jpg 238 KB

20140222_195055.jpg 171 KB

20140222_195045.jpg 250 KB

20140222_195139.jpg 108 KB

20140222_203349.jpg 182 KB

#2196 5 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ugg! You were thinking..."Oh man why can't this be a Captain Card?"
I would have been drooling all over the Kings and Queens I see in the picture.

The Kings and Queens you see is his personal one in his collection not for sale. If you look at the Kings and Queens head in the rack, the head next to it to the left is the 2nd Kings and Queens he has up for sale. It is the ugly repaint that is light blue with 2 red diamonds. The base is not pictured. The kick-out holes had a lot of wear and the backglass was decent. I didn't buy it.

#2197 5 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

Hard to pass them up when they're that clean - even when they're a Team One.

(But wow - super nice!)

#2198 5 years ago

Nice grab hoov. I love my Surfer.

What's the one in the one of the pictures where you see a car on the side of the cabinet (next to the K's&Q's)?

#2199 5 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Rebuild the flipper assemblies, clean and wax the playfield, replace all the rings and use the stock coils. The only game I would use jacked up coils for is "Drop/Pop A Card". "KOD" certainly doesn't need anything but stock.

Thanks

#2200 5 years ago
Quoted from ahanson:

Nice grab hoov. I love my Surfer.
What's the one in the one of the pictures where you see a car on the side of the cabinet (next to the K's&Q's)?

Good question - anyone?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 12128 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 243.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside