20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 275.
#1951 10 years ago

Dibs, on the Atlantis!. .. .... ... .. ...

#1952 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

This game is fairly rare, less than 700 made

It seems that Williams wasn't churning them out like Gottlieb, but they made some real gems. I am now on the hunt for more reverse wedgeheads.

#1953 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am now on the hunt for more reverse wedgeheads.

The reverse wedgehead fit nicely between two top wide wedges.

#1954 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

The reverse wedgehead fit nicely between two top wide wedges.

It did, but Rat got my other one. All I have left is Buckaroo. There are a couple more of each style that I am interested in, but it seems the Williams ones are getting harder to come by. I guess they just didn't make as many.

#1955 10 years ago

Looking at the photos of Wing Ding. It is not a wedge head. The backbox is a rectangle. The front supports are tapered on the inside, blocking the lower sides of the backglass. That is kind of different.

#1956 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

It is not a wedge head. The backbox is a rectangle.

It is an optical delusion.

#1957 10 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

Looking at the photos of Wing Ding. It is not a wedge head. The backbox is a rectangle. The front supports are tapered on the inside, blocking the lower sides of the backglass. That is kind of different.

In these photos, you may be inclined to think that the head of "Wing Ding" is rectangular, but it is indeed a "reverse" wedgehead. It's the only game of this series that was made in both AAB and replay versions ("Zig-Zag").
I got the lower part of this game from someone who found it in the trash, but I no longer have the playfield.
Damo may have a tough time finding a backglass, but I'm sure one will turn up for him somewhere. I needed a backglass for a Gottlieb "Play Mates" years ago, and I thought it would be nearly impossible to find one, then my buddy found two NOS "Play Mates" BGs in a house somewhere!

#1958 10 years ago
Quoted from damo666:

heres my new project stored for 19 years in a croft in the middle of nowhere!!
Think ill struggle to get a backglass!!!

set up at home

only thing working kick out holes and these 3 lights!!!

Damo666 - I've got a Zig Zag complete with schematics. My BG is in pretty good shape, but your machines playfield is in much better shape then mine. If you need any help with scans etc, just let me know.

Allen

IMG_3261.JPG 175 KB

IMG_3263.JPG 174 KB

IMG_3265.JPG 243 KB

IMG_3266.JPG 176 KB

IMG_3294.JPG 154 KB

IMG_3296.JPG 63 KB

#1959 10 years ago

I just realized Damo666's machine is Wing Ding, My Zig Zag is the replay/match version of Wing Ding. Everything looks the same except the backglass.

#1960 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is an optical delusion.

You have that wrong. It is "optical contusion"

#1961 10 years ago
Quoted from damo666:

heres my new project stored for 19 years in a croft in the middle of nowhere!!
Think ill struggle to get a backglass!!!

set up at home

only thing working kick out holes and these 3 lights!!!

IMG_3261.JPG 175 KB

IMG_3263.JPG 174 KB

IMG_3265.JPG 243 KB

IMG_3266.JPG 176 KB

IMG_3294.JPG 154 KB

IMG_3296.JPG 63 KB

Very cool!

I'd contact BGResto.com and have him make you a replacement glass. Yours looks good enough to give Steve a good start at recreating the art.

#1962 10 years ago

I am sort of new to this forum. I really enjoy reading it. I have been collecting and dealing in coin op for 25 or so years. I started out with what I remembered playing as a kid, wedgheads (even a few woodrails)and 20s thru 60s arcade. From there I got into golden age jukes,vending and slots and trade stimulators from the 1890s - 1950s. You can see the type of stuff I have and deal in at my website: www.SlotsEtc.com
In the middle of a snowstorm today here in New Jersey, a Diamond Jack I recently bought was delivered to my warehouse. Here are a few pictures. Fantastic restored condition, looks great and plays fast. It's the nicest EM I have by far.
I'm really happy there's a forum for EMs and guys who still appreciate them. So many of you know so much more than I do and the details some of you go into on the machines amazes me.
Rich Wolfin DJ1-653.jpgDJ1-653.jpgDJ2-54.jpgDJ2-54.jpgDJ3-822.jpgDJ3-822.jpgDJ4-600.jpgDJ4-600.jpgDJ5-958.jpgDJ5-958.jpgDJ6-512.jpgDJ6-512.jpg

#1963 10 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

I am sort of new to this forum. I really enjoy reading it. I have been collecting and dealing in coin op for 25 or so years. I started out with what I remembered playing as a kid, wedgheads (even a few woodrails)and 20s thru 60s arcade. From there I got into golden age jukes,vending and slots and trade stimulators from the 1890s - 1950s. You can see the type of stuff I have and deal in at my website: http://www.SlotsEtc.com
In the middle of a snowstorm today here in New Jersey, a Diamond Jack I recently bought was delivered to my warehouse. Here are a few pictures. Fantastic restored condition, looks great and plays fast. It's the nicest EM I have by far.
I'm really happy there's a forum for EMs and guys who still appreciate them. So many of you know so much more than I do and the details some of you go into on the machines amazes me.
Rich Wolfin

Who did the restore? What all was done? Very nice.

#1964 10 years ago

Super nice "Diamond Jack" Rich!

Looking forward to seeing pictures of other EM's in your collection as well.

Welcome aboard to Pinside EM!

Ken

#1965 10 years ago

I bought it from a guy who bought it from a guy, you get the picture. My understanding is Nick Raschilla did the restoration. I dont know every detail or exactly what he did, but everything I see was done really well. High end work with great attention to detail.

#1966 10 years ago

That is a gorgeous Diamond Jack. Congratulations! Very beautiful machine! Thank you for sharing pictures.

#1967 10 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

...a Diamond Jack I recently bought was delivered...

Beautiful!

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of other EM's in your collection as well.

Agreed.

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Welcome aboard to Pinside EM!

Here here! It's a welcoming place.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

#1968 10 years ago

I'd certainly be proud to own that Diamond Jack. Very nice........

#1969 10 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

I bought it from a guy who bought it from a guy, you get the picture. My understanding is Nick Raschilla did the restoration. I dont know every detail or exactly what he did, but everything I see was done really well. High end work with great attention to detail.

Say no more. That explains why it looks so good.

#1970 10 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

You can see the type of stuff I have and deal in at my website:

Diamond Jack looks sharp, I like it.
Nice array of beautiful antiques and some pinball on that link.

#1971 10 years ago

That Diamond Jack looks fantastic. Nice pick up.

#1972 10 years ago

Wish I had pictures of all of the EMs I have owned over years. At one time or another I think I have owned nearly every Gottlieb machine from 1960-70, many woodrails and 70s EMs. I tend to keep three or four at a time and rotate them in and out of my collection. Also, I end up "having" to get a machine and then find out I really don't like playing it, so off it goes to someone else. Case in point was Melody. I was on a five year mission to find one, and finally did. For me the hunt was much better than the prize, I didn't love the game, so off it went for someone else to make their own judgment on it.

Right now, I have a Subway (my favorite game ever), a Gold Strike, the Diamond Jack and one in the works which I will post when it reaches my house.

I am more of a general coin-op collector/dealer/trader than primarily a pin guy. I really like and appreciate anything old which takes a coin to make it work. Other than pins, I collect arcade, gambling, vending and music machines.

A few years back, I found a 1937 Rock-Ola World Series which sat in Disney's Anaheim warehouse for decades and was destined for the Main Street arcade. At some point Walt's bean counters realized selling t-shirts is far more profitable than operating coin-op machines, so they decided to sell it. I had the machine properly conserved. It came out great. My favorite arcade game ever.

You can see the '37 on my eBay me page along with other machines I own or have owned. I tried to cut and paste the eBay me link, but it would not work. If you want to see the page, search velcroman on eBay as a buyer or seller, and click on the "me" icon.

#1973 10 years ago

I just saw this pop up on the Columbus Oh Craigslist this morning. I know there is a lot of love for Slick Chick in the EM world and this guy is restoring one that will be up for sale shortly. Don't know this guy, so no recommendation from me, but I thought some of you might be interested if you are in or around Ohio.

columbus.craigslist.org link

Carry on...

#1974 10 years ago

velcroman

According to an old archived rgp post from Herb Silvers those old Rockola baseball games can be worth some real money since they are so rare.

Here's a quote:

Want to talk expensive how about a Rockola All Star Baseball $125,000 Or Rockola 27 World Series Baseball 65,000 They went for about 600 back in the day new. That my friends is expensive. Lets see a new house or a Rockola Baseball huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Herb

#1975 10 years ago
Quoted from popeboy:

I just saw this pop up on the Columbus Oh Craigslist this morning. I know there is a lot of love for Slick Chick in the EM world and this guy is restoring one that will be up for sale shortly. Don't know this guy, so no recommendation from me, but I thought some of you might be interested if you are in or around Ohio.
" target="_blank">columbus.craigslist.org link
Carry on...

Looks like he's getting the word out early huh?

#1976 10 years ago

That is a nice Slick Chick for sale popeboy. It has an original backglass. The only bad I see is one pop bumper is not original and some flipper drag on the right flipper.

#1977 10 years ago

Wonder what the Slick Chick is priced at?

#1978 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Looks like he's getting the word out early huh?

Yeah, I would guess if he is tying a lot of money up in it, he probably wants it back as soon as he is done.

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

That is a nice Slick Chick for sale popeboy. It has an original backglass. The only bad I see is one pop bumper is not original and some flipper drag on the right flipper.

I'm sure it will be too rich for my blood by the time it is done, and 70's era EM's are really more my area of interest (I was born in '70 so I don't remember seeing any of the 50's - 60's era machines out on location by the time I was old enough to play).

#1979 10 years ago

Popeboy, Slick Chick is one of those special machines. It ties right up there with King of Diamonds. Both machines are pure bliss. I was born in '73 so I hear ya on the not seeing the 50's and 60's machines. A few games on Slick Chick would change your mind. You would be hooked.

#1980 10 years ago

Oh btw that Slick Chick has the wrong lock down bar. The lock down bar pictured is one from 1967-1971.

#1981 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Oh btw that Slick Chick has the wrong lock down bar. The lock down bar pictured is one from 1967-1971.

What a beautiful lockdown bar. I was I had one like that

#1982 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

This is how the "Flip A Card" turned out. I didn't do a totally hog-wild restoration on it, but it turned out very nice.
The spin feature needed a lot of work, and when I was done with it, it spun like no other I've seen before or since!
I also repro'd the score and instruction cards and the "tax stamp" on the left side of the upper arch.
As I mentioned, it is now part of the collection at the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ. Still plays great last time I was there.

I have played that pin at the SBM, and the spinner spins like crazy! Well done.

#1983 10 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

I am more of a general coin-op collector/dealer/trader than primarily a pin guy. I really like and appreciate anything old which takes a coin to make it work. Other than pins, I collect arcade, gambling, vending and music machines.

your website had me drooling. The Buckley Bones machine is one id really like to come across someday.

-Jeff

#1984 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

I have played that pin at the SBM, and the spinner spins like crazy! Well done.

We are still working on our Flip a Card. Currently leveling out the inserts and making an entire new plastic set for it.
Very excited about the plastics. Laseriffic cut the entire set for us from our scans and they just came in yesterday.
My brother is doing a complete redraw and coloring of all of our ugly brown plastics. They are almost finished and ready to print on the decal paper we purchased from robinseggcetera.com
We got one set of clear paper and one set of white paper.
We will post photos of the process. Fingers crossed.

#1985 10 years ago
Quoted from popeboy:

columbus.craigslist.org link
Carry on...

No webbing, maybe gets added later?

#1986 10 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

Wish I had pictures of all of the EMs I have owned over years. At one time or another I think I have owned nearly every Gottlieb machine from 1960-70, many woodrails and 70s EMs. I tend to keep three or four at a time and rotate them in and out of my collection. Also, I end up "having" to get a machine and then find out I really don't like playing it, so off it goes to someone else. Case in point was Melody. I was on a five year mission to find one, and finally did. For me the hunt was much better than the prize, I didn't love the game, so off it went for someone else to make their own judgment on it.
Right now, I have a Subway (my favorite game ever), a Gold Strike, the Diamond Jack and one in the works which I will post when it reaches my house.
A few years back, I found a 1937 Rock-Ola World Series which sat in Disney's Anaheim warehouse for decades and was destined for the Main Street arcade. At some point Walt's bean counters realized selling t-shirts is far more profitable than operating coin-op machines, so they decided to sell it. I had the machine properly conserved. It came out great. My favorite arcade game ever.
You can see the '37 on my eBay me page along with other machines I own or have owned. I tried to cut and paste the eBay me link, but it would not work. If you want to see the page, search velcroman on eBay as a buyer or seller, and click on the "me" icon.

How cool to own that many games

What is so good about Subway? Asking because Cross Town is in my top 3 for 1960's Gottliebs.

#1987 10 years ago

Same game as Cross Town, but I prefer the add-a-ball to the replay.

#1988 10 years ago

Looks like another 'high end' masterpiece of a restoration from Nick Rash.
Enjoy the Diamond Jack!

#1989 10 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

I am sort of new to this forum. I really enjoy reading it. I have been collecting and dealing in coin op for 25 or so years. I started out with what I remembered playing as a kid, wedgheads (even a few woodrails)and 20s thru 60s arcade. From there I got into golden age jukes,vending and slots and trade stimulators from the 1890s - 1950s. You can see the type of stuff I have and deal in at my website: http://www.SlotsEtc.com

Welcome to the Forum and this thread. Beautiful Diamond Jack!

- jeff

#1990 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Welcome to the Forum and this thread. Beautiful Diamond Jack!
- jeff

Ditto.

Love Nick R pins - works of art

#1991 10 years ago

Thanks to a great thread from Namdemoguy on how to make reproduction plastics http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-guide-to-making-your-own-reproduction-plastics
we figured out how to fix our TERRIBLE plastics on our Flip A Card. As some of you might remember from an earlier post, My brother (Arcade) and I posted pics of the plastics that had completely turned brown as if they were soaked in coffee for a couple of years.

We took the plastics off and I scanned them into Corel Draw and traced the outline in vector format and sent them to Joe at Laseriffic. He cut them out for just $25. Thanks Joe!! I then had to rescan each one with a light shinning through from the back side so the scanner could actually see any of the image. (They were so brown the scanner only saw brown blobs instead of graphics) From there I used a combination of Corel's "AutoTrace" and my own tracing skills to redraw each plastic. From there I had to find images of the plastics so I could see what they should really look like. I did my best to match the colors from what I found on IPDB. I'll try to post them in order below in a couple of seperate posts.

pictures of my screen as I work in Corel
RedrawnInCorelDraw2.JPGRedrawnInCorelDraw2.JPG
RedrawnInCorelDraw.JPGRedrawnInCorelDraw.JPG
Cutting out the water slide decal to be applied
CuttingOUt.JPGCuttingOUt.JPG

#1992 10 years ago

More of the process

This is the original piece, the new plastic and the decal
CutOuts.jpgCutOuts.jpg
The water slide decal process. It's hard to tell but the images are printed in reverse as they are put on the back of the plastic
Applying1-442.JPGApplying1-442.JPG
Applying2-578.JPGApplying2-578.JPG
Applying3-713.JPGApplying3-713.JPG

#1993 10 years ago

More...

The all important white backer. It is a water slide decal like the clear and will give our image it's color back. Make sure to cut INSIDE the lines so it doesn't stick out of the edge of the real graphics.
WhiteSheet.JPGWhiteSheet.JPG
The finished product.
Finished Product.jpgFinished Product.jpg
Finished Product2.jpgFinished Product2.jpg

All that is left is the spray the back with some krylon clear coat.

#1994 10 years ago

Silly question, but did you try to polish out your original plastics with Novus 2?

#1995 10 years ago

Nice work! Will have to go read that thread you mentioned. In the meantime, any pics with them installed? Would love to see.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

#1996 10 years ago

Yes. The pictures you see of them are cleaned and as good as they get. Never seen anything like it in the all the years of doing pinball I've done. It is like they chemicaly changed some how. Even the top piece of plasic that is hidden from sun light, as 90 % is under the upper apron, changed to brown through and through.

#1997 10 years ago

They came out great!

Novus is good stuff, but it ain't that good

#1998 10 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Nice work! Will have to go read that thread you mentioned. In the meantime, any pics with them installed? Would love to see.
Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics

Installing them this weekend. We are also working on a UV compound to fix the massively cupped inserts. They are so bad you could drink coffee out of them. In fact I think that is what they did to make the plasics so brown LOL.

#1999 10 years ago
Quoted from velcroman:

a Diamond Jack I recently bought was delivered to my warehouse. Here are a few pictures. Fantastic restored condition, looks great and plays fast. It's the nicest EM I have by far.

Did that "DJ" come from Buddy R? If so, it was in nice condition from the previous owner. It had a few issues when the owner previous to Buddy had it, and I went down to fix it and I was amazed at the condition of it. It's the best example of "DJ" I've ever seen.

#2000 10 years ago

Here are a couple of them installed. I need to clear coat the back before I go any further.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-187.jpgimage-187.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 85.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 65.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 210.00
Cabinet Parts
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.98
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shrewsbury, MA
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pomona, CA
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Warner Robins, GA
Machine - For Sale
Burlington, VT
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.