20240413_220215 (resized).jpg
20240413_220225 (resized).jpg
20240413_220229 (resized).jpg
20240413_220209 (resized).jpg
20240413_220211 (resized).jpg
20240413_220207 (resized).jpg
20240413_220203 (resized).jpg
20240413_220201 (resized).jpg
There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 275.
#151 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

Forgot to add these two. My latest acquisitions.

.....and still forgot.....

#152 10 years ago

Lol, don't know what happened...uploading from the iPhone...

Giving it another try.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#153 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

Giving it another try.

Yeah, I think Robin must be having some major heartburn the last couple days. The site has been acting strange.

Nice pins! This thread makes me want to go find some more EM's......Just so I can post pics!

#154 10 years ago

Saved this one when it was on its way to the landfill. It sat in a wet basement for years. The plywood in the head was all separated and it was so corroded inside that all the reels and relays were frozen. Only two of the 100 bulbs lit dimly when plugged in because the sockets were so heavily oxidized. After a 6 month rehab, the old girl looks almost new and plays 100%. Gave it to my son and his wife to put in their sports themed barroom where it sees plenty of playing time from their friends and lots of youngsters.

#155 10 years ago

Saved this one when it was on its way to the landfill. It sat in a wet basement for years. The plywood in the head was all separated and it was so corroded inside that all the reels and relays were frozen. Only two of the 100 bulbs lit dimly when plugged in because the sockets were so heavily oxidized. After a 6 month rehab, the old girl looks almost new and plays 100%. Gave it to my son and his wife to put in their sports themed barroom where it sees plenty of playing time from their friends and lots of youngsters.

#156 10 years ago

disappointing that your pic(s) wont post. I wanna see it!!

#157 10 years ago

I want to see 'em too, Fixie.

#158 10 years ago

Some of Mine!

#159 10 years ago

Some of Mine!

#160 10 years ago

Aarrgghhhhh! NO PICTURES!!!!

#161 10 years ago

Wonder if its a Mac Browser issue ^^^ Windows seems to work for photos.

#162 10 years ago

When commenting/photos at times it says this may take awhile to upload ,I usually open another forum tab to browse and let the swirling upload tornado do its thing till its done. Seems to work for me.

#163 10 years ago

Fixie!........hey Fixie!.........come back!..........I want to see your pics too.

#164 10 years ago

What? No pictures? Ha ha ha

#165 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Ill play. I really enjoy this one
--Jeff

Looks awesome!

#166 10 years ago
Quoted from Prmailers:

Giving it another try.

Great looking pins!

#167 10 years ago
Quoted from Xerico:

The pinball machine with the most sentimental value to me is my 1972 Fireball Sample #15.
Here are some photos of the game.

Good looking game! Is it as ruthless as I remember?

#168 10 years ago
Quoted from TurboBengal:

Good looking game! Is it as ruthless as I remember?

Yes. It can be very mean. The spinner is a ruthless villain!

Marcus

#169 10 years ago

1974 Bally Boomerang

image.jpgimage.jpg

#170 10 years ago

C37 and Target Alpha....these things are addicting!

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#171 10 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Here are mine!

Wow! would LOVE to have that Delta Queen! I remember watching the Delta Queen and the Belle of Louisville race every year in the great steamboat race.

#172 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#173 10 years ago

Guess it's my turn.

Just took some fresh pictures.

My arcade is full up with 6 machines. Current lineup

1971 Williams "Stardust" - works 100% - need a new Backglass (high resolution scan-anyone?)
1971 Williams "Klondike" - non working project - I will Clearcoat this baby - Backglass OK
1973 Williams "Gulfstream" - works 100% - New Backglass from bgresto.com
1975 Chicago Coin "Top Ten" - Current Project - 1st Clearcoat job for me - New Backglass to come
1975 Gottlieb "Spirit of 76" - works 100% - Backglass OK
1976 Williams "Space Odyssey" - works 100% - Backglass OK, but may order a new one

Hopefully with a new home down the road I can double my collection as I need some Gottlieb Wedgeheads

Ken

DSC04099.JPGDSC04099.JPG DSC04100.JPGDSC04100.JPG DSC04091.JPGDSC04091.JPG DSC04087.JPGDSC04087.JPG DSC04092.JPGDSC04092.JPG

#174 10 years ago

WOW this thread is a keeper. Here's a pic of my favorite EM playfield, Sky Divers (Bally 1964). I'm very happy that my playfield looks so great. This game is just so much nudging fun, if you're not the nudge type this will eat you alive. For a game from 64 it even has quite a complex set of rules or patterns to progress the sky diver from the plane to the ground, very very difficult or impossible to do in one play. For that reason the sky divers progress (on backglass) remains from game to game, great idea to bring in the money.

IPDB backglass pic - http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2193&picno=2077 mine is in very very poor shape so this one is better. As I've posted before I'm looking for another one, repro, re-draw etc.

2013-05-25_17.20.00.jpg2013-05-25_17.20.00.jpg

#175 10 years ago

Ken, my So76 backglass was in the same condition. I got a repro from Shay, nice glass but it was pricey.

I still have my old glass and Clay said I should drop it off so bgresto could scan it. It would save you the shipping cost of sending your glass in. Let me know.

#176 10 years ago
Quoted from mcjeremy42:

C37 and Target Alpha....these things are addicting!

C37 is such a beautiful game....artwork on the playfield has got to be one of the bestlooking

#177 10 years ago

C37 certainly seems to be the flavor of the month lately

#178 10 years ago

EM-PINMAN...Nice lineup especially the SO '76 and Space Mission/Odyssey.
Jasonsmith...Cool game. I would love to have that game next to a 74 Gottlieb Skyjump even though I am not a skydiver, because I just love the theme.

I feel like my head is going to explode like the guy in scanners because of all the nice pictures of C-37.

scanners.jpgscanners.jpg

#179 10 years ago

Only got the one.

1.JPG1.JPG 2.JPG2.JPG 3.JPG3.JPG side1.JPGside1.JPG bg.JPGbg.JPG

#180 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Not everyone Rat......still looking here too.

Me three. Would love a C37

#181 10 years ago
Quoted from MrWizzo:

My wife is from Scranton, and they would run up to Binghamton.
I really didn't hang out in Marlton. My parents had life-long friends the Formatos. they did have kids the age of me and my sister. Their son's name was John, and he probably is 58 or so now.
I get up to philly very often, so I will probably take you up on the offer. Thanks.
Dan

My wife and are are from around Wilkes Barre so we have the same accent (or lack of ) as your wife. Small world.

I'm about 20 mi or o from Philly so just give me a shout.

I'm not like the others here with whole rooms full. The wife seems ok with 3 or 4 so I sold Full House to make room for the next project.

I love to fix them. The challenge and the incredible logic they have.

I'd rather leave the cabinets original but clean to show they had a long and storied career.

Hope to hear from you soon. I hope to have Space Mission functional in the next month.

Bert

#182 10 years ago

EMs Down Under!

Here is a recent walkaround of my collection.

#183 10 years ago

Ok, so you three who wish you had a C37....I would like your opinion. My playfield is near perfect as far as paint goes, but the inserts are faded and cupped. Faded is not such a big deal to me because colored led's can handle that. Cupped however drives me crazy. I can't stand seeing the ball change direction on its way around. So here's the question. Would you like it more or less as a potential buyer if I had the pf surface leveled and cleared? And possible new inserts too.

#184 10 years ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

EMs Down Under!
» YouTube video
Here is a recent walkaround of my collection.

very nice collection!

#185 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Ok, so you three who wish you had a C37....I would like your opinion. My playfield is near perfect as far as paint goes, but the inserts are faded and cupped. Faded is not such a big deal to me because colored led's can handle that. Cupped however drives me crazy. I can't stand seeing the ball change direction on its way around. So here's the question. Would you like it more or less as a potential buyer if I had the pf surface leveled and cleared? And possible new inserts too.

Faded inserts are not a big deal to me - can you even acquire new inserts for your C-37? If the inserts are cuped slightly and don't affect game play that much I would leave them alone. If they are pretty bad I would probably go the clear route although I've never cleared a playfield. If it was cleared I wouldn't want the game to play fast which to me is not normal. Maybe varathane? Can you use the drizzle method and just level the inserts without clearing the whole pf - is that an option? Of course, jmho.

#186 10 years ago

C37 benefits from having mostly plain inserts (no text on them). New ones can be obtained in the correct size and color (from PBR and Marco), so replacing them isn't so bad to do. The old ones can also be popped out and sanded back down level, then re-installed (the ones without printing on them). Unless they're so bad that they're able to trap and hold the ball though (which the larger size ones can do), it's OK to leave them alone.

If the playfield is a nice original, cleaning it and waxing it will preserve the value in the long run more than clear coating it (IMHO). They're only original once, and nearly every other antique/collectible field values originality vs. restored/over-restored. But, it's a matter of personal taste. Some folks really go for the clear coat, others don't. Leaving it alone keeps all the options open for later.

[Just curious - was yours the C37 that popped up on craigslist in NE a few months back? (it was a great deal, and was gone in an instant, IIRC).]

And, since we're on the subject, here's my C37.

2013May22_013.JPG2013May22_013.JPG 2013Feb17_013.JPG2013Feb17_013.JPG

#187 10 years ago

EMs currently setup in the gameroom. Very far from collector quality but they sure are fun to play!

524750_10200522278731110_1010664864_n..jpg524750_10200522278731110_1010664864_n..jpg

#188 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Pafasa - I like DirtFlippers ideas on your C-37. He has done it and I haven't. I also agree with "leaving it original as much as possible" so I'm also against clear coating.

#189 10 years ago

I agree.

Clean, touch up if it's really bad, good waxing, and play it.

EMs should show their age and history of how they spent their life.

#190 10 years ago

Pafasa,
obviously faded and cupped inserts reduce the value of a machine to almost nothing.

Seeing that is the case with yours I will take it off your hands for free as a project player.

--Jeff

#191 10 years ago
Quoted from JONESDS:

Very far from collector quality but they sure are fun to play!

That's what it's all about!

#192 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Pafasa,
obviously faded and cupped inserts reduce the value of a machine to almost nothing.
Seeing that is the case with yours I will take it off your hands for free as a project player.
--Jeff

No.

#193 10 years ago

"Dirt flipper" said [Just curious - was yours the C37 that popped up on craigslist in NE a few months back? (it was a great deal, and was gone in an instant, IIRC).]

Yes this is that one. I am not the guy who bought it though. I missed the deal by about ten minutes. Sold for $200 to a guy near me. I hopped on a nebraska pinball Facebook forum and started asking who got it. A day or so later, the new owner revealed himself. I congratulated him on the find and offered to help fix it up. Made it clear how much I wanted that game and that it would have a good home with me. We kept in touch and I offered a little advice on repairs. About two months later, he decided to sell it to me. More than $200, but still a good price. I really appreciate the game and his sacrifice to sell it to me. He could have sold it for twice what he let it go to me. Great guy and a new pinball friend.

I like the idea of leveling the inserts. Some are cupped bad enough that the ball will get stuck in them. Only four have printing on them. Maybe five.....can't remember if the special insert is printed.

#194 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Jasonsmith...Cool game. I would love to have that game next to a 74 Gottlieb Skyjump even though I am not a skydiver, because I just love the theme.

rat that is exactly what I had done before I passed sky divers on to Jason

it looked great set up beside my sky jump!! - and it is a really cool game / rule set - pretty advanced for '64 in my opinion with a very dynamic and challenging playfield

cheers, Ron

#195 10 years ago

*WARNING* I have never tried this myself. I hear there is a method where you take the playfield out. Turn the playfield upside down. C-clamp (gently) a piece of used clean glass to the insert you are trying to level. Use a heat gun on the bottom side of the insert to flatten it out against the glass. I have never tried this. Maybe people will chime in on any success rate with trying this method. If I were to try this myself I would try it on a trashed playfield project to get some practice. As for clearcoating....there is a method to clearcoating where it looks "matte" instead of looking like an over-glossed bowling lane. Others may or may not chime in or may just PM you with a cost to do such a restoration. My Abra-Ca-Dabra will be going through a "matte" finish where there is traction for the ball to grab onto something instead of sliding around like a piece of glass.

#197 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Pafasa:

My High Hand is like that, the inserts are cupped. At 3 degrees pitch it is very noticeable.

After I raised the rear legs almost to the top of the levelers (about a half inch remains), made sure flipper EOS switches and cabinet switches were perfect shiny and clean as well as all other flipper components being in order and correcting the return spring tension so not too taught, I high-tapped the transformer.

The game plays fast enough now to overcome the effect of the cupped inserts, and they are not at all noticeable unless of course the ball is rolling very slowly, which doesn't happen too often anymore. I am no longer considering that I need to clear the pf of replace or repair the inserts.

Dan

#198 10 years ago

None of my machines are in the condition of some of the nicer restored machines in this post but a bunch of them are in pretty good shape. Here is a sampling of machines from the Flipper EM era of the late 40's to the 70's. The woodrails are still setup like in the pic the others are not. I am trying to put together a nice collection of Williams woodrails as I have just about given up trying to collect solid state. Pinball_House_22_R.jpgPinball_House_22_R.jpg Game_House_3_R.jpgGame_House_3_R.jpg

#199 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

Pafasa,
--Jeff

You gotta love all the philanthropy in pinball!

Dan

#200 10 years ago

this is for all you C37 wanters

twins.jpgtwins.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

£ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballToys

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 27.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

2,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Barnstable, MA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Vista, CA
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 5.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

£ 37.00
3,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shawnee, KS
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 24.98
Hardware
Gameroom Mods

£ 38.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Placerville, CA
$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

There are 13,747 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/em-show-us-your-em-pinball-machines/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.